Chapter Ten:

My Royal Punishment

Jongdae POV: 

 

- Flashback -

 

Well, what do you know? My good friend Chanyeol and his fiancé are now getting engaged today. What a fine day indeed. 

 

But I am still dead tired right now, though.

 

When is this gonna end? 

 

I was making my usual grounds, as the Prince's right hand I have always been assigned to do his responsibilities while he is away, and busy preparing for the occasion at hand. I was to check if the soldiers are all in good condition and attendance, at the same time, go back and forth to check on the food, the curtains, the design, the tables -- everything.

 

Damn, can this day get any busier? My legs are killing me

 

The bell of the Temple rang, as I was still inside the Royal Kitchen tasting some of the main dishes for later. The Engagemebt Rites will have to begin in a few minutes. 

 

Well, if it isn't another set of rushing and running. I am so gonna need a jetpack if it was possible.

 

Chanyeol, you better repay me with a good day out and a night's rest

 

I hurriedly tried to finish the taste test, and as I have approved to almost all of the dishes, I ran out of the Kitchen and went straight to the Throne Room to check if everything was made according to plan. I opened the large wooden door, peeking a little to see if what has been done. There was a maid who was fixing the chandeliers, as he was standing on the tall ladder in the middle of the room, others were dusting and wiping vases and their posts, and change of carpets have been made as well. 

 

It's all according to plan

 

I proceeded to get in, as I walked up to the Throne where the King and Queen were deciding on the flowers that were to be displayed. 

 

"Do you think blue and pink are better, my dear? It will fit a welcoming ambience." The Queen said as she was examining the bouquets presented to her and her husband. 

 

"But dear, his fiancé will be wearing green and pink, probably it would look better in green." The King replied, his voice strong and with authority. Although the Queen doesn't buy his tone, since base on her face she still smiles gently and just nods, she gestured the servant to choose the one her husband has told before the latter left for her chores. 

 

"I guess choosing a bouquet wasn't as easy as choosing food, Your Majesty." I joked, as I walked up the steps to the Throne, bowing to them with one foot kneeling and the other folded, as I placed the palm of my hand on my right chest. 

 

"Jongdae, I'm very much glad to see you here." The Queen made a wave, signalling me to get up from my feet as I did so. She smiled at me as she nodded, making the King mimic the same action.

 

"The bell has rang for the ceremony to begin?" The King asked in a soft tone. 

 

To be honest, it's actually kind of rare to hear the King in a kind voice, he's mostly harsh, straightforward and demanding, guess that's how his job description wants him to do. 

 

Oh, but get it from me, when he talks to Chanyeol it's really far more different. 

 

Like he was mad, more so cold to him. And every time he sees him there's always this kind of look of disgust I can make out, and it hurts me dearly. 

 

Have I ever told you that he never addresses Chanyeol as 'his son'? 

 

Or even just 'my son' would do. 

 

It's always 'he' or 'his'.

 

He doesn't even like the sound of his name in his mouth, I guess

 

"Yes, Your Highness, so I suggest that you proceed to the Temple? The Elders and the guests shall await for your arrival." I tried to wash the thought of Chanyeol and his father away, as I had to mind the responsibilities and work at hand. 

 

"Very well, Jongdae. Aren't you going to accompany us?" The King asked as he began to stand from his throne. 

 

"I deeply apologize Your Majesty, but I still have a lot to cater on, there will be soldiers of high rank that will accompany you and the Queen to the Temple." I actually prepared a pair of soldiers outside to the Royals off to the Temple, as they both agreed giving me a nod. 

 

"Okay, Jongdae. Thank you for all the effort you put to this event. My son really was right about you." The Queen softly placed her hand on my shoulder, as she gave it a pat. 

 

"Thank you for trusting in me, Your Majesty." And with that, I bowed to the both of them before they went down on their way out of the Throne Room. As the door was now closed shut, I immediately sighed, rubbing the  lines forming on my forehead as the thought of the Prince's father came into me. Apparently, I couldn't really understand that mere anger he has for Chanyeol. 

 

Like I mean, what does Chanyeol got to do with your anger? 

 

It's not even his fault that he was a son of someone else. 

 

That he was the son of his rival towards the throne. 

 

Was it even a mistake? Chanyeol has nothing to do with this.  

 

He approved of it. And he got mad about it? Seriously. 

 

Where's the logic in that?

 

I thought of it the whole time, as I was checking the other preparations. When I was done, I walked past the guests and the media quietly and unnoticed, as I was supposed to check on Kyungsoo and how he was being dressed going on. 

 

I didn't enter the Temple yet, since I told myself that I should only enter when I have done all my tasks. 

 

I still have to go to the Elders' Chamber.

 

Well, last task is to see how Kyungsoo's doing

 

The thought of Kyungsoo, how he actually was able to come into the Prince's life, was an interesting kind of story to me. After that day, when the Prince hurriedly ran into his study and told me about it, the first thing that I did was laugh my satisfaction out.

 

"You won't believe what I did, Dae. I kissed him in front of everyone, I mean they don't even know he was a total stranger to me."

 

"I never knew you had a liking for short and cute strangers, Yeol. You're such a creeper sometimes you know that."

 

"But what else can I do? That was the quickest idea I ever had to think of, just to let Ho Jung know that I don't want to marry her."

 

I smiled as the trail of memory dawned to me, passing by from behind the Temple just so not to catch the crowd or the media. Even as a valet, I am too much popular in the news as well. A son of an Elder who became the Prince's right hand, and probably the son of the owner of a famous fashion couture. 

 

Don't get me wrong. If you think valets in this Palace were actually like butlers, then that's were you're wrong. A valet is defined as the right hand of a Royal, their trusted Adviser and most especially their so called "replacement" when they aren't around to show up. Eventually, even in public display of wonderful faces on the television, when Chanyeol isn't there for an interview or for a show -- I, the ever so good-looking and irresistable Kim Jongdae represents the Prince on his behalf. 

 

Of course, because if Chanyeol is overly handsome and is chased by every girl on this country, then probably I can do too. 

 

Believe me, I am handsome alright

 

Valets a long time ago, were just merely servants and butlers running there and about and tailing on their master wherever they may go, but in this Palace we are considered as the second highest to the Royals, aside from of course, the Elders who consecutively are even higher than we are. 

 

I was a chosen valet by birth, due to the fact that my father and the King were close friends and the King did promise my father of it . Aside from the Byuns, in which the Elder of the family is the King's most trusted Adviser, our family, the Kims, were actually the King's trusted consultants, most especially in the field of politics. 

 

My father was an honored political analyst and an Elder, which probably took the King's interest and click they became friends. Whenever the government has decided to give the Royals the responsibility of amending, making a law or deciding upon which is better than which, my father was always there to guide the King with his decisions. 

 

It's been years actually, and until now my father is still there for the King, as a friend and as his consultant, and an Elder to the Palace.

 

And I of course, promise to do the same to Chanyeol

 

My thoughts were kind of changing by the moment, but then came to a stop when I saw a slick, black car pass by my left. I raised an eyebrow at the sight, wondering why this black car was looking for a parking space here, when there was actually an abundant amount of space in front of the Temple or at the entrance of the Palace. 

 

Odd. Why would a car park here? 

 

Judging by the shine of the vehicle, I knew it was a guest. Or more so the guards won't possibly just make some stranger enter the Palace Grounds without an invitation. 

 

But why would he want to hide here? 

 

I stopped walking, waiting for the said car to park. When it did, much to my curiosity, it actually parked close to the back door of the Maid's Headquarters. 

 

Suspicious. Why would he stop his car there? 

 

I took the initiative to observe from a safe distance where no one would see me, when the back door of the car soon opened. I awaited for the figure to come into view, trying to figure out who this person might be.

 

Why at the Elders' Chamber? 

 

Does he have some agenda with one of the Elders? 

 

But how come? If he wants to see the Elders, he would have to go to the Temple, knowing that everyone is already there since the Rites will begin soon.

 

Unless. . .

 

He is looking for the only person inside the Chamber right now.

 

Kyungsoo.

 

I furrowed my brows, partially curious and partially suspicious as to what and how is this car related to Kyungsoo. As I have reviewed his background before, his Appa only owns a mow truck that was used for their gardening, and Kyungsoo uses the bus to reach school, but most of the time he has his bike with him. 

 

Whoever this is I hope he isn't up to no good. 

 

What if he was the son of a mafia? 

 

Or. . . wait. . . probably. . .

 

Ho Jung? 

 

I get the part where she would practically seek revenge due to Chanyeol's unexpected announcement, but please, just don't do anything to Kyungsoo.

 

When the back door was fully wide open, I then realized that it wasn't a woman, which I already assumed would appear, but much to my shock it was a man.

 

What's an elite gonna do here pray tell? 

 

When he was fully out of the car, he covered himself in his well-pressed black blazer. He fixed it for a few seconds before he probably decided to lean his body on his car. He folded his arms, maybe he was actually waiting for someone to come out the back door. 

 

Who is this man? 

 

I tiptoed, still trying not to draw attention as I proceeded to pass by from behind him, I tried to scan his car, hoping to find something familiar. 

 

There must be something here, where he could be recognized. 

 

Whatever is his work here? 

 

I can make out from behind that he was probably scanning his phone, because of the fact that his head was bobbing up and down from time to time, or he would use both his hands to fiddle or type. When I was now at a quite close distance of the car, I saw a logo at the upper part of the door lock at the end, which immediately made me think for a moment where I actually saw this. 

 

A light logo? 

 

Looks familiar. 

 

Who could this be. . .

 

I tried to rummage my head, remembering and doing it quickly. After a few more tries a 'ting' in my head sounded, making me feel some sort of familiarity. 

 

A Byun? 

 

"E-Excuse me." I called out, fixing my clothes and composure so as to look presentable. As a valet, I can't just look around and observe from afar, most especially if there's something fishy going on. I need to take action for the least.

 

Okay Jongdae. You got this.

 

I cleared my throat, enough for him to look back at the source as he heard my voice. He turned around, raising his eyebrows as he looked at me in curiosity. 

 

Oh my fudging ice creams and cakes. 

 

He's so good-looking. 

 

Cute too. 

 

His black hair was flowing off to the side, as he tried to push the bangs that was covering his beautiful puppy-like eyes. He tilted his head at me, holding his phone up the air as he fully turned his body around to face me. 

 

"Ah. Are you a Kim? The valet of the Prince?" He asked in a sophisticated tone, raising a brow. He's kind of sassy, as I can figure out the way he moves and the way he speaks. If he was some girl, he would probably pass to be like those ladies on the 90's where they wear long slit dresses with matching fluff scarfs around their shoulders. 

 

Nice. He has attitude and what not he's rad

 

"Yes, I am whom you have addressed." I bowed, the usual, a form of Palace courtesy as he replied with a bow as well. We stood there for a few seconds before he let out his sparkling teeth, smiling at me. 

 

"And what seems to be the reason why you're here?" He walked towards me, slowly around and about, my eyes following his trail.  

 

Woah, nah uh, easy with the words. I should be the one interrogating that to you

 

"Monitoring the grounds probably since that is what a valet is to do, and seemingly, that question is supposed to be asked -- to you?" I scoffed, making a little less sarcastic tone as he stopped from his walk, facing me. He started laughing, like as if there was some kind of dirt bag in my face as I raised a brow at him. 

 

Although I don't find it offending, I find it cute when he smiles

 

"Right, supposedly so. Since I am just a guess at the Engagement, and you are a resident of this Palace, how should I forget." He took out the invitation in one of his pockets as he slightly threw the paper at me. Luckily, I have quite the skills to catch it right on time and on point, holding onto it as I scanned his name on the hard paper. 

 

Byun Baekhyun. 

 

Son of the late Elder, Byun Johyun.

 

Has he been taught manners? 

 

Rude. But let's just remember he has the attitude. Most of the elites exhibit this personality. 

 

Most especially Ho Jung. 

 

He's better though, at least he ain't a drag queen. 

 

"I don't really need the invitation as a proof. But rather would you care to explain why are you, of all places that is present in the Palace, are you here?" I had to roll my eyes as I purposedly crumpled and threw down in front of him. 

 

If he just wanted a showdown of fierce attitude why didn't he say so? I am always down for any of this

 

"Clever, but isn't it a privilege of an Elder's son to park from behind the Chamber? Has there been a rule now that I am not permitted to stay here?" He folded his arms as he tapped his right foot, smirking at me as ify suspicions were ridiculous. 

 

Even if you're an Elder's son, you still need to know boundaries

 

"Have you not remembered your Palace rules? On the event where the Royals hold an occasion, all of those who are considered guests, including the spouses and sons of the members of the Chamber are given the opportunity to come and celebrate. But these guests are only limited to stroll around places where the Royal Family and the Elders are found present, lurking into unknown whereabouts and uncovered by the occasion are strictly prohibited." Bless my memorization skills and my passion for learning politics and laws. I undoubtedly stated the law that he had violated. I held my head up straight, trying to hold a smile as I felt so proud of myself. 

 

Damn, Chanyeol. If only you could see what I'm doing right now. 

 

"Clever. As expected from the son of Elder Kim, you have proven yourself well. Politics has never left your bloodline, has it?" He smiled genuinely, I felt his smooth upkeep of an attitude faded down as he showed up a new side of him. His tone was much of a jumpy, extroverted kind.

 

He has a friendly side. Why didn't he just show that instead of his bastardic heck of a princess kind of personality. 

 

He's not even fit to be a Princess. If he was one the Palace is chaos. 

 

He'll be good as an elite. He's cute enough for my taste despite the sour tooth in him. 

 

"I should say the same for you, even as your father left the Chamber, you still are loyal to the Royals yourself." We then both laughed at our remarks and soon it died down and went back to silence, as I scratched the back of my neck, still feeling a little too uncomfortable at this point of situation. 

 

"So, what is the real reason why you're here?" I began the fire once more, as I did want to end this talk real quick since I am in need of being there at the Temple any time soon now. 

 

But still have to unveil the reason why he's here

 

"Ohh, right. I was just actually needing some time alone. Before you know, seeing your childhood friend get engaged. It makes me happy yes, but of course it's a tad bit sad since well, he'll be busier." He fixated himself beside me on my right as he leaned his weight on the car once again, sighting the skies and the things around us as the wind blew on our hair. 

 

Now that he mentioned it, I am not going to lie but as a valet, we have boundaries as to what information is to be told to us or to be kept confidential and be considered as a form of privacy for the Royals. There might be things I know from Chanyeol, since it is from his consent that he wanted to tell me, but there are also some things about Chanyeol that should remain in secrecy and be kept only to himself and yhe Royals. 

 

Although I did hear about a Byun being Chanyeol's friend when he was a kid. 

 

Maybe he was this kid.

 

As a valet at an early age during my childhood, I was only assigned to represent the Prince when he wasn't around, but watching over him wasn't my task at hand yet. 

 

"I see, yeah. I guess you have a point. Mixed feelings are usual in these kind of events. I won't doubt if you cried." 

 

"Of course not, silly. I am not a man of tears. It takes me a century to fill a bucket." He giggled, making one of the most amazing sounds I have ever heard in my whole valet career. 

 

Gosh, I got a huge thing about this guy, I swear. 

 

"Oh yeah? Maybe you might not know, you'll sweat tears instead of crying them out without trying to feel anything." I heard him laugh even harder as I said those words, making me even laugh at what I had just said. 

 

I can live with this new habit of making you laugh everyday. 

 

Thank you to my good looks and legit jokes

 

"I'll give you this one chance to get away with this." I then blurted out without regret, as J gave a shrug and soon slowly walked away from his side. 

 

"You serious?" I looked back at him and saw him smiling. His eyes desrcibed a hint of relief and happiness. He bent down his body from the car, looking suspiciously at me like a middle school girl. 

 

Stay cool, Dae, stay cool. You got this. Just give him ths one chance to let him have his fresh air.

 

He might be having the time of his emotions despite the smiling puppy face

 

"Yeah sure, why not? It's not like what you did is really a crime, but yeah. I guess you need a breather." I was already a distance away from him as he stood up straight to meet my gaze. He tilted his head cutely again, bowed to me as I replied the same. 

 

"I'll be at the venue. Promise. And thank you ~" He smiled widely, waving his hand at me as I gave him a nod and hurried my way back to the Temple.

 

"By the way ~ I never catched your name ~!!!" I turned back, my thoughts were all washed away, as I saw that he was placing his hand beside his mouth, waving and shouting the question. 

 

"I'll tell that some other time when we meet again!!!" I made a salute at him, smirking as he fell both his hands down to his sides, slumping his shoulders as he sighed. Even at the pouty action he had made, he still never forgot to smile brightly before nodding in agreement. 

 

"I'll wait for it!!!" Was the thing I heard from him as I turned around and rushed away.

 

I never knew the Byuns had amazing genes. 

 

Dae, stop. Too much for today. You're fantasizing.

 

I paced up my steps, already at the middle between the Temple and the back of the Chamber, I looked back at him from afar, as I saw that he was back on his leaning position, still scanning his phone. Even from a distance he was really charming, which eventually made me smile to myself. 

 

We'll see more of each other soon, Baekhyun. 

 

I hope to see more of you soon.

 

Feeling inspired, I ran down to the back part of the Temple to rush down to see if Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were already there. 

 

I hope I find what I'm looking for too.

 

- End of Flashback - 

 

---

 

Kyungsoo POV: 

 

The night was young and pleasant, as I confortably laid myself on the bed, wearing my newly washed penguin pajamas, fresh from laundry. I laid on my stomach, as I comfortably placed a pillow under it. 

 

It's such a silent night. 

 

It's as if nothing has even happened today. 

 

I was examining my ring, the Engagement Ring that I wholly accepted, staying steady around my ring finger. 

 

It's a simple ring, but it means a lot. 

 

The ring looked like small silver band, the design being simple. It was just a silver ring, with an engraved wavelength or those that you usually see in heart beats and oxygen tanks in hospitals. I don't really understand why it was this ring among all rings possible., usually there would be a diamond stone stuck on top, or like the design usually be infinity or a heart of some sort.

 

Seriously now, why this ring? 

 

It just looks more like a couple's ring as boyfriends or something.

 

What does it mean anyways?  

 

I scanned my hand from front to back, probably still curious as to why Chanyeol chose thing ring, when I heard the tone of the news flash come up. 

 

"Earlier today! After 18 years of living the Royal Life, the Prince has officially got engaged!!!"


 

Taking my attention away from my hand, I took a glance at the television, watching the news show a video footage of the Engagement Rites earlier. The first few seconds showed the red carpet entrance of some of the Elders, business people, politicians and of course the Royals. I could see how the Queen was clutching tightly the King's arm, waving on each side and smiling, greeting everyone that she passed by.

 

The Queen's smile looks exactly like Chanyeol. No wonder he looks handsome.

 

His mom's ears are too

 

I laughed to myself, realizing where Chanyeol had actually got his toothy grin and elf ears. If his mother just had the same haircut right now, they'd probably look like twins. 

 

"It has also been witnessed how the Royal Fiancé, Do Kyungsoo had surprisingly been late for the ceremony, due to location loss which at first startled everyone in thought that the latter had ran away from the event."


 

My smile faded when I heard of it. I looked at the TV blankly, as I saw myself in top right view how I ran and panted at the entrance. 

 

"Eventually the guests have been amazed by his appearance, as the fiancé looked perfect for the Prince." 

 

I look perfect for the Prince? 

 

I watched how I marched to the first row of chairs from the back, as Chanyeol came into view, rushing to me. He hugged me there and then, noticing how tight he actually did, like he seemed frightened that I might leave or go somewhere.

 

"I am glad you came."

 

His words. It actually came intoy thoughts the words hebhad blurted out when he finally caught up to me. It was like we never saw each for how many yeaes and when he saw me again he would promise me that he will never let go, like those you usually see in the movies when the two main characters meet again after a long road of journeys.

 

It's as if like if I wasn't there he would die or something. 

 

You know, like a drug, once you get induced you'll look for it and people can't live without you?

 

That's what I felt when he saw me. 

 

When he hugged me. 

 

When I felt his breath all over me. 

 

It was as if I was his oxygen, like he'll get so suffocated when I am not around, and he can always breath heavenly when I am there. 

 

I don't know if it's just me or my imaginations talking? 

 

I shook my head to skip the thought, as I saw me and the Prince walking to the altar. I looked on my left when we reached the front row seats, waving happily seeing that Umma, Appa and Sehun were there. 

 

"Yaaahhhh!!! My Kyungsoo you look so handsome, saranghaeyo!!!"

 

"My son!!! Appa is so proud of you ~"

 

"Hyung, I hate to say this but you look girly with the skirt." 


 

I chuckled. Reminiscing that mid-afternoon when my family were gathered altogether to celebrate the Engagement with me. It was rare, since mostly I isolate myself inside the house and stay in my room due to a lot of schoolwork, and I only find bonding time with them when I sit on the dining table as we eat. 

 

Even though I didn't want this. I am glad this day happened, because without this I won't be able to see my family watching me and supporting me. 

 

Kamsahamnida, Chanyeol-ah.


 

I still remember how his smile looked like, standing before the altar as his eyes were only locked on me. How he looked worried when I showed up late, and how overwhelmed he was when he saw me. Everything was instilled in my mind, and I can't seem to stop thinking about it. 

 

He makes me feel so alive. Seeing him smile like that. 

 

If he can't live without me. . .

 

How much more am I? 

 

What the heck are you talking about Kyungsoo?

 

What is wrong with your head? 


 

I still continued to watch the news, seeing myself marching to the altar. When I turned my head to look at Chanyeol, I can see the wide smile that I had made out. It was a genuine, real, widespread on the face kind of smile. 

 

And I was even shocked myself. 

 

I have never seen myself smile like that before. . .

 

After we knew Appa had heart failure. . .

 

I never learned how to smile like that. 

 

Not until now. 


 

I feel an unusual beating in my heart, I couldn't understand why, but it felt too foreign to me, but at the same time it felt so familiar to me, where I actually know this from somewhere but I don't know where and what. 

 

I know it's been here with me, this feeling. All this time this has been with me. 

 

But I can't figure out what it is.

 

I just really can't. 

 

But something's really missing. 

 

I laid my head on the pillow, lazily resting is as I continued watching television. The news flash just ended a few seconds ago and a set of commercials were seen playing on screen. 

 

I was just staring blankly, my thoughts all a blur. I can feel my eyes turn heavy as I slowly close them, the low sound of the TV slowly dying as I gave in to my slumber. 

 

I guess, I am just overthinking, and mostly maybe just exhausted feeling a lot of emotions right now. 

 

Or maybe there's something more than that. . . 

 

I don't really know. But I'll find out soon.

 

---

 

Chanyeol POV: 

 

I locked the study room, as I was done doing my Palace work, and even reading one of my favorite books as I decided to go back to my room. When the door clicked, I quickly placed the keys on my pockets and went on my way. 

 

The night's quiet. It's as of nothing important has really happened today. This is why I really like the nighttime so much. It reminds me that in every situation that you go up against during the day, there will always be the night, that would actually keep the peace of your mind after every storm. It really fascinates me, seeing the stars twinkling just makes you contented and happy, like you wouldn't want to ask for anything more than this. 

 

"I see you've been watching the rounds before sleeping, son?" Mom came up from the shadows of the bushes before the fountain, standing up from her seat as she shone under the moonlight, smiling brightly as she caught sight of me. 

 

"No, mom. I just actually happen to come from the study room. Just finished the paperwork, the usual." I shrugged, making her giggle softly as she walked forward to me. 

 

"I am so proud of you, son." Her smile, wide, toothy but all the while kind and true. Her eyes will never tell a lie, even when you look at her, all what she feels about things has always been sincere. That's mom ever since I was a kid. 

 

"Thanks." Was all I could ever say as she held on to my arm, wanting me to look at her in the eye as I did so. 

 

Actually, when mom roams alone in the night, even when I was a kid when I return from the secret garden and then I find her sitting or walking around near this fountain, those were only the times were we can talk more. Since she usually is busy over the maids and the other workers in the Palace, regulating the cleanliness and accordingly makes plans for renovations, we don't even have the time for each other. Maybe, when I was a kid and during the mornings or afternoons of her tea sessions with the female Elders, I would usually glomp at her and surprise her, making me sit on her lap comfortably as she tries to at tell my stories alongside with the others. 

 

These kind of nights, when I became a teen, were the only nights where I could have my mom to myself, and making her my crying shoulder whenever father gives me a difficult time were one of the moments I would never miss with my mom. We never talk much, due to duties and Royalty of course, but when we are given the chance to be alone and just be ourselves, I can feel the love that she has for me, and how she would always tell me how she cares so much. 

 

In short, my mom makes me feel like I am not alone in this world. 

 

Despite father's anger towards me, she will always be there to tell me what to do and would always keep me up all the time. 

 

"Channie, I want you to know that you are a fine man, and that you have made your father happy after the Engagement." She squeezed the back of my arm, rubbing it softly, finding my focus as she smiled.

 

"Mom, I know he's happy 'cause I got engaged with Kyungsoo, and he's just probably waiting for me to get married." I sighed, practically my head will start to ache again, after repeating to myself the main responsibilities of being a Prince. 

 

"Of course he's also happy for you, you know."

 

"Mom, let's not go there please? Even though how many times we turn the world upside down, he will never be happy for me."

 

Silence then followed, the grip of my mom's squeezing loosened as she let go of my arm. I can see that she nodded her head, looking down on the ground.

 

"Will you ever forgive me?" She asked, feeling a little bit hurt at what I said, but her smile never left her face as she looked back at me with sad eyes. 

 

"Mom, I never blamed you for anything that happened to me. Even so, I am still thankful that you and father are there for me." I held her in either side if her shoulders, assuring her that there it was never a problem even though father has always treated me that way.

 

Well yeah, I tried to not to care, but most of the time I take all the effort I can get and at the end get hurt for some reason. 

 

But that's okay, maybe I'll just have to try harder. 

 

"You are very special to me and your father, okay? Even though he doesn't show it, you matter to him." She cupped my cheek, rubbing it with her thumb as I leaned to the touch. It made me feel warm, loosening up all the stress and the things I have done for the day. I looked at her, giving her the brightest smile I can let out. 

 

"Silly, I hope you smile like that more often. I can see that you always do when Kyungsoo is around."

 

. . . Really? 

 

"Ahuh, mom are you trying to tease me now?" I raised my brow at her as she giggled again, making me let out a small chuckle as well. 

 

"No, you won't believe me when I tell you this, but when you guys were marching down the altar with Kyungsoo with you, your smile is like a 1000-watt lightbulb that shines pretty brightly. That was the only time I ever saw you smile that happily again, Channie." 

 

I tried to think of how I when I marched down the aisle to the altar with Kyungsoo. I have to admit though, I didn't stop smiling at that time. It was as if my smile was just there, plastered on my face as I gladly got on with the Rites. 

 

Yeah, I guess she was probably right. 

 

Maybe I was just to happy that Kyungsoo was there as promised. 

 

Or are you just that happy because of simply the fact that Kyungsoo was there?

 

"Well, it was a memorable event for me mom, of course I am happy that Kyungsoo was the person I am going to marry soon." I slowly walked around the area, trying to think. I did, I was really happy. But that happiness wasn't just because he did what he had promised, what we both have contracted about -- 

 

But rather I just felt really happy for the fact that he was mine and I was his, even just for a mean time. 

 

I know this happiness is kind of weird but, I felt like this day was one of the best days of my life. 

 

I was just simply happy by his side. 

 

Uhm, what do you call it then? Friendship attachment? Can't seem to find a label for it. 

 

"You really love him so much, do you?" I was walking my way to the fountain when mom's words had hit me. I stopped walking, making out my thoughts as the question lingered in my head. 

 

Love him that much? 

 

No no no, we don't have feelings for each other. 

 

We're just. . . well. We're -- 

 

What are we? 

 

No, we're friends, just friends. We can't go more than that. 

 

But why does it feel so when I say we're just friends?


 

"Ah -- well what do you know mom, it us getting pretty late in the evening now, I think you should go to bed now. Father might be waiting for you to cuddle up." I jokingly said as I turned her body to the direction where their bedroom was located, holding on her shoulders as I kissed her on the cheek. 

 

"Okay dear, will do, will do. Have a goos night's sleep too, my son." She turned around to kiss me in the forehead, as I tried to bend a little for her to reach. 

 

"You too mom. Good night." I watched her walk away as I waved her good bye. When she was now a little bit farther, I then turned around and went on my way to our bedroom.

 

Our bedroom.

 

He's my fiancé now. 

 

Wow, I can call him mine for the mean time

 

I tried to shake the thought away, trying to actually stop the feeling of a blush creeping up on my face. The thought of Kyungsoo being my fiancé is both a blessing and a form of happiness. 

 

Happy, well even thought we aren't a couple, nor do we have an attachment, but then we're comfortable with each other. 

 

That's what matters most right?


 

I opened the door to our room, passing my the mini-living room, the bar and the dining room, stopping in front of the wooden door of the bedroom. I sighed, feeling a wave of exhaustion hit me, as I slowly creaked the door open.

 

The TV's still open. 

 

Is he already asleep?

 

The television was playing a certain drama that I am not really familiar of, as I walked towards the bed to see a sleeping Kyungsoo. He was lying on his stomach, his comfortably laid on the large white pillow that was resting on the footboard, curving his body like a small baby in a big bed. 

 

He's so cute. 

 

I sat down on the floor near the left side of the footboard, where Kyungsoo's head was turning. 

I left the TV on, although the sound was just a whisper to be heard. 

 

He looks so peaceful when asleep. 


 

I scanned his face once again, like the last time I caught him sleeping at the secret garden. I looked up from the soft strands of his hair, down to the white touch of his face. I caressed it with the back of my hand, memorizing each and every angle of his beautiful features. 

 

Sometimes, he just looks really perfect. 

 

Most of the time very familiar.

 

"You look really like him. . ." I said to myself as I brushed his bangs to the side, away from his forehead. I smiled as I saw how he looked really contented, sleeping in that position and probably dreaming of what was going to be on the morning, for another day of life for him. 

 

You really look like him. 

 

You sometimes act like him. 

 

Talk like him. 

 

Feel like him. 

 

I wish you were just him. 

 

But I know you aren't. 

 

And you'll never be.

 

I furrowed my brows, although feeling a little bit sad, as I have told myself that Kyungsoo had sometimes reminded me of him. But despite the aching feeling, I couldn't helo but smile, seeing him right here in front of me. I can never repay the sacrifice he had done for me, all the while I thought he would run away, knowing that he was just forced into this, but he never broke his promise. 

 

As long as you're here. 

 

And as long as you'll stay. 

 

I'll learn to forget about him. 

 

I'll probably learn to know you even more. 

 

I'm happy you're here. 

 

And I promise to take care of you. 

 

I bent a little, trying to reach the height of the footboard as I drew myself closer to his face. Without a word, I kissed his forehead, giving it a long peck before I broke. 

 

"Good night, Soo. . ." I caressed his forehead one more time before I stood up to pick up the remote on the side of the TV as I turned it off. 

 

I'll anticipate this new life we have for the both of us. 

 

I know there's more of this, than just an Engagement.

 

". . . I missed you."

 

---

 

——————————————————

 

Author's Note:

 

Chapter Ten done!!! ^^

 

This actually took me a while since I had to think of how I should write the setting and stuff. 

 

But alas, here it is ~!!! 

 

And you get to see a bit of Jongdae's thoughts now. 

 

Actually Chen is one of those members I like because of his humor ~ <3

 

Hoping you'll like him here too Q u Q 

 

Thank you once again for your patience <3 I love you all ^^ 

 

Anyways, I hope you'll enjoy this chapter, Eleven will be out soon too ~ 

 

Enjoy and Happy Reading ~ ^^ 

 

*puing-puing~^^*

 

P.S. Same reminders, if you guys find this stort update tomorrow, that just means I edited some chapters okay? Sankyuu <3