Chapter Five:

My Royal Punishment

No One's POV: 

 

---

 

"Why do you always run away?" 

 

A young boy asked. They were sitting on a large branch at a tree top, watching the many birds fly South back to their home, as the sun sets beautifully under a pinkish sky, right at the horizon where the sea serves as its blanket of slumber.

 

"Because I am not free there. I can't do anything I want." Another young boy, who was a little bit taller, sitting right beside the other, pouted, folding both his arms on his chest in stubborness.

 

The shorter one giggled at the action, looking at the other pleasingly and after a while looked back at the setting sun.

 

"The sun is really pretty when it says good bye."

 

"Are you saying that it's ugly when it rises up the sky every morning?"

 

The taller outrageously looked at the shorter beside him with large eyes. The latter laughed even harder at the sudden comment, making him hold on to his stomach and trying not to fall off the tree branch.

 

"Are you really that innocent?" 

 

The taller blinked at the question at hand, tilting his head more so cutely. 

 

"Appa said the sun will always be beautiful, but then no one is able to see the beauty directly in the morning because it's shiny, so I wait for the sunset to see it fully." The shorter giggled, making the latter nod in understanding as he looked back at the sun set that was soon coming to an end. 

 

"Do you like stars?" 

 

"Why are you asking me that?" 

 

The taller looked up to what seemed to be a purplish dark sky now, soon having little shiny beads of stars that beautifully blankets the night sky. Little balls of dust glistened and sparkled like how the taller grinned his white teeth out as he looked down to face the other. 

 

"I want you to draw or write in the stars every night, so that even though we can't see each other, we still get to talk to each other."

 

"How can you even do that?"

 

The taller raised a hand up, pointing his index finger at the sky as he tried to scribble invisibly on the galaxy's night shade. After a few swirls and curves, he sighed, satisfied at what he has done, earning a curious look from the other beside him. 

 

"What was that for?"

 

"I wrote something on the stars." He locked his gaze with the shorter, the glint in their eyes sparkle as they looked at each other. There was something about the shorter that makes him simply happy. He couldn't understand why, but everytime he looks into the his eyes, his heart just happily flutters like colorful butterflies. 

 

"How am I able to get your message from far away, when I didn't even understand what you wrote?" The shorter pouted. He chuckled at the cute reaction the latter showed, he raised his head as he focused back on the night sky.

 

"Do you feel the cold wind?" The taller closed his eyes as he felt the breeze of the wind hit his skin. He shivered a bit, inhaling every amount of it as his lungs can take, and exhaled deeply afterwards. 

 

"Yeah, what about it?"

 

"The message I wrote will be blown away by the wind."

 

"But you said you wrote in on the stars?" The shorter was getting more confused. 

 

"Umma said, the wind can blow the stars away, making different shapes and symbols every night, like they're playing." He made hand gestures of twinkles and wind waves as he told the story to the shorter. 

 

"Everytime the wind blows the stars, you have to make a wish, that way, the wind can blow the stars to you and make it come true." 

 

"Ohh, so what are you gonna wish for?"

 

"My wish would be that every night, I wish the wind blows every message I send to you, even though how far I am and wherever you are." The taller made a wide-teethed grin, his large puppy eyes turning into small ones as he glanced at the shorter.

 

The shorter giggled, they both laughed at their innocent sweet nothings, albeit their intentions are pure and from the heart. He yawned, rubbing his large eyes as he laid his head on the taller's shoulder, appreciating the beauty of the stars as they made the night glow like fireflies in the wide garden they were staying at. 

 

"I just wish that you never leave. . ." 

 

"What?" The taller lowered his gaze at the latter, he shifted a little so that he could at least see a part of his face, since his black hair was down up to the lashes of his eyes. He moved slowly, trying so not to fall him off his shoulder. He blinked innocently a few more times before he heard another yawn.

 

"I said, I wish you to never leave. . . I wish you. . . to. . . stay. . ." The shorter made out a longer yawn for one last time, stretching his arms before he snuggled up close to the taller, his face was now close to the nape of the other's neck, light feeling of his breath brush onto his skin. 

 

The taller, stood still for a moment, as he tried to repeat the words in his head. A slight tinge of growing pink was visible on his large elf ears. He spared the shorter a loving glance, sniffed onto the sweet scent of the scalp of his head before he looked back up at the stars. The night was young then, the sky was filled with wanderlust, shining from below. 

 

"I won't. I promise I won't. I will never. . ."

 

A sweet smile then beamed on his face when a shooting star passed from above them. 

 

"Don't wish. Just promise. Because I will never, ever leave you. . ."

 

---

 

Chanyeol POV: 

 

Another dream. 

 

It's about him. Again. 

 

. . .

 

I moved my body a little, realizing that I have slept on my study room the whole time. My back painfully leaning on the back rest of my black swivel chair, as I tried to stretch from left to right to crack up some nerves. 

 

I twisted my neck a bit, and as I found it quite satisfyingly enough, I rubbed the back of my neck for soothing, I checked the digi-clock that was on the right side of the table, wanting to know what how long have I been dozing off. 

 

2:38 AM, am I really that tired today? 

 

I sat straight up, crouching as I leaned both my elbows on the edges of my table, rubbing my temple as I began to review what has happened yesterday. My mind was clearly dodgy. I suppose I really was too tired that I couldn't even get my thinking straight.

 

I groaned as I stopped trying to get the thoughts in my head clear. I looked around the dark room, and the only light that kept it to life was the shine of the Moon from the large glass window of my room's small balcony on the left. It was half open, the silent clanking of the dreamcatcher that I have placed above it when I was a kid was the only sound the night could produce. 

 

The wind is here. It's kind of calm tonight.

 

I stood up from my chair, walked towards the window, opening it even more so that I could take a good look at the balcony and feel the cool wind. I ed a few buttons on my white polo, as I breathed in the fresh flow of the wind at me, as I closed my eyes to marvel at the feel.

 

"I just wish that you never leave. . ."

 

I slowly opened my eyes, as I heard his young sweet voice fill in my whole mind and heart. I always remembered him, and he always was in my thoughts and in my dreams. He never left my heart. His memories were still there, intact like a stack of glued puzzle pieces that I can never break.

 

The wind sent me your voice again today, I guess I have to really stop wishing to hear it. It's making me miss you more. 

 

I drew a sad expression up at the stars, thinking that those imaginary lines that I drew up on the blank air were real. I chuckled a little at my childish act, as I have realized that even at this age of mine, I still believe and do these kind of things whenever I'm alone. 

 

"Do you remember? The time where I would want to meet you during the night, and you would get mad at me because my reason would always be that I miss you. . .?"

 

I feel so alone everytime I think of you. . .

 

Why did you have to leave me? 

 

Where have you gone?

 

I lowered my gaze to the ground, looking at my barefeet as I tried to comfort myself, I was trying to hold the tug feeling of pain away, I didn't want to feel it a time as peaceful as this. 

 

I have always felt a feeling of longing for him. 

 

Always.

 

Instead, to forget about the thought of him, I raised my right hand to see the silver bracelet that I have been wearing for quite some time now, and I couldn't even remember how long this had been with me. I let out a small smile as I rotated my hand back and forth to see the name on the plated side of the bracelet. 

 

How was he been lately? I haven't been seeing him more often. He sometimes refuses to see me privately now, more so declines my requests to see him.

 

I miss him dearly.

 

Tell me. . . how have you been? 

 

Baekhyun. . . ? 

 

I then heard a thud from the inside, it took my by surprise as I stopped on my deep thoughts to check what it was. I went in, closed the windows and walked around to see what was the cause of the sudden sound. 

 

It was the door.

 

It knocked a few more times before I had to go and get it to open. I looked up to see my trusted valet, panting rather unevenly as I guessed that he ran from a far away place. 

 

"Where have you been Jongdae? And what is with your ragged breathing?" I asked as I opened the door wider for him to be more visible. His hair was slick black, now falling off on his brows along with beads of sweat, his royal clothes were already disheveled, as his inside polo in his black suit was now half-open, the tie on his neck was also untied and was now just hanging along his shoulder. 

 

"Your Highness. . . hoooo~!!!" He tried to exclaim, to exhaust himself from the running that he must have made as I rubbed his back so that he could breathe better. 

 

"What is it Jongdae? What have you been chasing? A dragon in armor?" I joked around, and luckily I have earned a small chuckle from him, and as he was already calm and centered, he gave out one last exhale before looking back at me. 

 

"Your fiancé, I don't know where she -- augh I mean he went. . . I was gonna take him to your room but I guess she. . . I -- ugh he probably got lost again, much to his oblivion and curiosity I suppose." He placed a hand at his temple, as the other was resting on his waist, looking like as if it was the biggest problem he has ever faced in his entire work. 

 

Where did he had to go now? I already told him that he can never go home anymore. Aish that small fry.

 

I sighed as I heard the news. He likes having his own way, lurking around like this is some kind of mall. Ever since we arrived here, he kept complaining and asking to go home, and probably this is the only way he could pay his revenge on me. 

 

To actually get himself lost just to give me a hard time looking for him. I did the same thing for a couple of times yesterday.

 

Which reminds me, this is the reason why I am so damn tired.

 

Now I know why I can't get my head straight. 

 

Where should he have been lurking to? 

 

---

 

- Flashback - 

 

"Please? I promise to not complain about the marriage and me being your fiancé, just let me go home. . ." His light voice is getting even more irritating the longer he talks. I didn't look back to him as I focused more on walking until we have reached the main garden. 

 

"You have no other choice, you cannot go home." 

 

"Why can't I go home? But they're my family and I can't stand another day staying here. . ."

 

"You can always visit your home, but not now, you have to stay here for the day and take rest, the sun is setting soon and my parents would want to see you tomorrow by the morning when they are having their tea time." I stopped on my tracks, sighing as I looked back at him, giving him a worried expression. 

 

He looked at me with furrowed brows, I cannot deny the fact that he looks in fact sad at what he heard from me. I understand if he feels separation anxiety towards his family, but it's already getting late and he has to prepare for tomorrow's agenda. 

 

I don't want him to look haggard and not cute tomorrow right? My parents wanted to see him again.

 

"But I really want to go home. . . Can't you just fetch me early tomorrow?" He asked as he tugged onto my sleeve, he was looking down, probably staring at his feet. I felt kind of sorry him, I guess he's really that attached to his family. 

 

He's lucky to have a loving family. How I wish I had that too.

 

"I am sorry Kyungsoo, but I can't take you home tonight. You have to stay here." I slowly held on to the hand that he tugged on my sleeve, I gave it a tight squeeze to comfort him even just for a little. 

 

"Your Highness!!" A voice screamed from the right wing of the garden that we were walking on, when a sound of fast footsteps were heard getting closer and louder, and as it came to a stop, the figure that ran now came to view. 

 

"Jongdae, you're off early." I gave out a smirk as he was catching his breath, loosening his tie just to grasp some more air. I waited for a few minutes for him to regain as he stood up and smiled back at me.

 

"I have heard that you have arrived, so I tried to rush up a bit so that I could accompany you, Prince Chanyeol." He then lowered his gaze to bow before me, but then as he was about to fully do so, I gestured him to stop halfway. He then looked back up at me with a playful smirk on his face. 

 

"You don't have to do that all the time, Chanyeol." He said as he lightly punched the side of my arm. He gave out one of his infamous joker-like smiles, where the end of his mouth curved ever so handsomely and perfectly. His hair was brushed neatly on to the side, bangs still ever so elegantly falling off his forehead as his black suit fits his short, yet lean body frame. 

 

Oh, he is my personal valet by the way. He has been my right hand ever since I was a kid. 

 

And probably the very first friend that I have ever had when I was a kid.

 

"And you don't have to formally address me as if we aren't friends." I chuckled as I showed a fist at him, making us do our usual fist bump. 

 

Oh right. Kyungsoo is still here. I nearly forgot. 

 

Realization hit me when I felt a soft tug on my sleeve, then I remembered that my Kyungsoo was still there. I looked back to check on what he was doing, when I realized that a foreign warmth from behind my back was then felt. 

 

He's snuggling up to me from behind.

 

Is he hiding from Jongdae? 

 

Has he always been this shy? 

 

His cheeks were leaning on the side of my arm, as he was popping his head out a bit to look at what was already happening. His eyes were blinking ever so innocently, brows lightly furrowed, with a tinge of cuteness as he made a small pout. His black hair flowed down up his forehead as he soon lowered his gaze back to his feet. 

 

There was something about his features that makes me feel like I have seen him before, although I don't know where and how, but a feeling of familiarity dawned up on my heart as I felt a flutter feel on my stomach.

 

Or maybe it's because he's just being so cute right now.

 

Or was it because he reminds me of him? 

 

Damn, I am starting to miss him right now

 

I felt a small tinge of pink color up on my large ears, my heart started beating fast, it was loud even. I couldn't hear the hush of the wind nor could I hear the drops of the small bamboo fountains on the garden -- all I could hear was the hard pounding of my vital organ, probably the only organ that that keeps me as a humam being with slightly small emotions to show. 

 

This feeling. . . it's all too familiar to me.

 

But what is this feeling? 

 

"Chanyeol?" Jongdae's voice sprang up, taking me by surprise as my body moved in static shock. I shook my head a few times before I looked up at my valet. He was tilting his head, wondering what has gotten up to me.

 

"I -- ugh yes, by the way. . ." I shoved Kyungsoo off of my back lightly, making him move to walk and stand in front of me as I rested the palms of my hands above his shoulders, for support and also to calm him down due to his shyness. 

 

". . . I want you to meet my fiancé, Kyungsoo." I patted his left shoulder as I saw his face turn up red a little bit. He bowed slowly to Jongdae as he awkwardly went back up. I laughed at the action as I walked to stand beside him, draping my arms on his shoulders so that he wouldn't feel intimidated. 

 

I promised not to make him feel inferior. He seems a little scared. 

 

Don't worry, you'll be fine.

 

"Jongdae here is my right hand, my valet. You don't have to be shy when he is around, he can always be a good friend." I told him as he looked up at me. I smiled with sincerity, just to assure him that everything will be alright. 

 

He seems to be shy when meeting new people, despite his sometimes arrogant personality. 

 

He nodded as he looked back to Jongdae, the latter gave him a wide smile, replying a bow to Kyungsoo as well. 

 

"It's nice meeting the Prince's soon-to-be lover." Jongdae scratched the back of his neck as he earned a friendly nod and a light heart-shaped smile from Kyungsoo. He felt kind of happy at the sudden reaction my fiancé has made. 

 

"It's nice meeting you too, Jongdae."

 

"By the way, Jongdae, can you please take him around the place? And if the sun has already set please do take him to our bedroom." I commanded Jongdae as Kyungsoo looked at me in question.

 

"Where are you going?" He asked skeptically, as he raised a brow.

 

Now his aloof personality's back that fast huh? I was enjoying his cuteness all the while, I thought it would last. 

 

"I need to attend to some obligations while I am here, also I have to manage and coordinate with the preparations for tomorow, and since you are here now, we have to at least get you to be accustomed to the way of living here in the Palace." I explained to him as I gave Jongdae a nod. He immdiately held Kyungsoo's wrist slowly, as the latter looked at me innocently, but nodded in understanding.

 

"Don't worry Your Highness, Kim Jongdae will take good care of your lovely bride." He made a playful salute at me, standing straight in a very stiff manner, as if he was some kind of military soldier. 

 

"I-I am not his bride. . ." Kyungsoo spoke, his head was still looking down as he said those words. He looked kind of like he was in the middle of embarassment and at the same time anger as he tried to emphasize the word that Jongdae said. 

 

He felt quite offended, more so the least term to say it. 

 

Is he really that manly as he thinks he is? 

 

He looks like a kind-hearted girl to me though. 

 

With a bad case of  an attitude, you tell me. 

 

Jongdae looked at me in confusion as he shrugged his shoulder from behind Kyungsoo, probably asking me why my fiancé was acting like that all of a sudden. 

 

"Ughh --- ahh yes, that's right, he isn't my bride, Jongdae, he's actually my ---" 

 

Shoot. Chanyeol think of something quick. Or else you're really gonna get it.

 

". . . Uhhhh, m-my. . ."

 

Think think think think think Chanyeol. Hurry. 

 

Jongdae was practically staring at me with a blank look now, while Kyungsoo was just folding his arms, tapping his fingers on one side as he raised an eye brow at me. 

 

Wow. Talk about mean girl. Pssh.

 

I know I don't own him, but that doesn't mean he isn't mine for what he has done.

 

He's not my bride and he isn't technically mine in the first place. 

 

Oh. Right.

 

". . . He's mine." I said as I nod satisfyingly to myself and the invisble air.

 

"What?" They both chorused in question. I didn't know what to say anymore, and all I knew was that I was already gulping hard and my hands were starting to sweat.

 

"Mine?" Jongdae asked, now with a raised eye brow, as Kyungsoo dropped his own back to its normal height, and he was now the one who was making a confused look.

 

"Ahhhmmm yeah, 'cause he doesn't like being called a bride because it makes him look like a girl, so he likes me to call him mine because anyways we loved each other for quite sometime and since we are for each other, then he's mine."

 

Lies, Chanyeol.

 

All of those where pure lies. 

 

At least it would make a good reason, don't you think?

 

I actually don't even know him that well and I say I love him. 

 

Seriously, Chanyeol. I swear.

 

I was making weird hand gestures for my explanation before I heard a silent sigh from Kyungsoo, a signal that meant that what I said was a better idea to cover up the real story. And eventually the real incident.

 

"Hmmm. . . Ohh I see, what a unique way to call each other. Mine ~" Jongdae nodded in approval, making me exhale deeply in relief as I was kind of glad that he accepted my lame idea for an endearment.

 

Oh so you're gonna call him 'mine' now? 

 

So sweet. Much sugar. Such wow.

 

It's disgusting. Honestly.

 

"Well okay then, whatever you say Prince, but I assure you that he will be in very good hands." Jongdae nodded happily, patting the back of Kyungsoo.

 

"I know you would and thank you. I will see you by night Mine, and Jongdae, please attend to his needs as well, if he is hungry take him to the dining hall." I then soon went up to Kyungsoo as I kissed his forehead. He was a bit shocked at the sudden action at first, blinking his eyes as if some hammer had hit him. He then looked away and rolled his eyes at me. 

 

And here we go with the attitude problem. If he was a girl I could have sworn to have as a drama queen there and then.

 

After a few more negotiations with my valet, I turned around as I had to get myself to the left wing, directly off to my study room to do some stuff. I gave myself a little peek as I looked back at the two of them from a not so far distance from where I was standing. I smiled when I saw Kyungsoo smiling as he followed Jongdae to his steps on the other side.

 

I looked back at my trail as I sighed in satisfaction. I was really kind of happy that even though he really felt kind of new here, especially with the environment, I am quite happy that he can adjust quickly to it. 

 

I just hope he gets used to the life here now. Even though he won't be staying for long. 

 

Why do I even feel happy that he is trying to be the person I am gonna marry? 

 

Why do I feel so happy when he smiles? 

 

. . . but why does it hurt when I think that he won't stay here longer?

 

I squinted my eyes a bit, shaking my head as I realized that I was already in front of my study room's door. I immediately fiddled into my pockets to get the keys, and as I have finally got them out, I put the right keys in the door knob and entered the room. I sighed a bit as I saw it as messy as it was the last time I left it. The pile of paperwork that I had to do for the preparations where still stacked and unfinished, and I was now hoping and praying that I could finish this today, or more or less on time, so that father won't be disappointed. 

 

But even so, even if I do all these things by blood and sweat, he'll still be so disappointed at me. . .

 

What's the point of all this anyways? 

 

I exhaled deeply at the thought, as I sat down on my seat, leaning my whole body on the back rest as I stared up on the ceiling.

 

I hope by doing all this, even though I didn't want to, I hope this would make him proud of me.

 

Proud of me as his son. 

 

And not just a stupid Prince. 

 

I just hope this will give me honor.

 

And love.

 

- End of Flashback - 

 

---

 

It's probably been an hour and half since me and Jongdae looked for him around the Palace, and to my dismay he was nowhere to be found. I took hold of my messy hair, gripping it at a right squeeze as I brushed it up to keep it away from my eyes. I felt so restless, so pissed and eventually my anger was beginning to boil as thoughts on my head were piled up on my brain as to what and where Kyungsoo had gone.

 

Did he run away from the Palace and went home to his family? 

 

Why can't he just stay put here even just for a night and tomorrow after tea time he can visit his home whenever he wants?! 

 

Why can't he just listen to me even just for a simple damn request?! 

 

Why should he be so ing stubborn?! 

 

He is so gonna have a taste of what Prince Chanyeol can do when I see him.

 

"Chanyeol!!!" I heard Jongdae's voice from afar, I looked up, trying to hold in the growing anger I have inside me, as I saw him waving a hand as a signal. I quickly ran to him, as I realized that he was standing at a certain bushed wall.

 

"What is it?" 

 

"I think I have found your 'Mine'." He was focused on what he was peeking on the wall, I followed his gaze to where he was looking at.

 

Kyungsoo? In here? How did he find it? 

 

I took a peek on the wall to see if Jongdae was right, when I realized that there was seemingly a small lump that was lying on the lean grass that had just grew even more abundant since the last time I came here. 

 

He's in there. The secret garden. 

 

How was he able to find this? 

 

The figure was pitch black, since the Moon missed a spot to light on, since I guess what I was seeing was the back of his body. I walked slowly towards it, as I heard Jongdae rustle his feet on to the grass as well. 

 

"It's okay Jongdae. Thank you for looking for him, but I'll have to take it from here." I stopped him from his tracks, as he looked at me with worried eyes. 

 

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay from here Chanyeol?"

 

"I'll be fine, Jongdae. Please do take a rest now, we still have duties in the morning and I don't want you to lack sleep." I gave him a wide teeth-out grin, making him chuckle at the action before he gave out a nod.

 

"You really do love him do you? Anyways, okay then, I'll be seeing you by the morning!!! Take good care of your fiancé ~" Jongdae singsonged as he got out of the place and waved a goodbye. I did the same action as I watched him slowly disappear from sight. 

 

I really do love him? No no. It's just that it's really my duty to do so. I promised to take good care of him anyways.

 

I can never fall in love with him.

 

The secret garden was a wide, unknown sanctuary, where there were beautiful flowers of different kinds and eventually a lot of butterflies and fireflies around, although fireflies were more evident here even when I was a kid. 

 

What was even more special about it was that the garden was situated at the side of the sea, and it had a very nice view to watch from afar, and eventually the fresh scent of the sea was welcoming, the crystal clear blues of the waters were also beautiful and pleasing to the eye.

 

No one has actually went in here, but more so, no one in the Palace knows of this place.

 

But me. 

 

But yeah Jongdae now too, since he became a friend of mine I guess it wasn't bad to actually tell him a secret. 

 

The entrance to the garden is actually a large bush wall with thorny rose vines around it, actually the wall was wide enough to cover the whole parameter of the garden. This actually served as a wall or boundary to cover the other side, since the secret garden isn't a part of the Palace grounds anymore, rather it was more like a secret exit to the outside of the Palace. 

 

The entrance was basically my doing, I actually tried to cut off some vines, trimmed a small hole on a few of the bushes, enough for me to crawl in and at the same time not to be seen. But that was still when I was young. A kid to be precise.

 

But as I grew up, I actually made a better idea out of it. I trimmed the bushes in an oval shape, enough that would actually fit my standing height, giving it a few allowances and eventually asked Jongdae to buy me some fake-looking grass that was more sturdy and plastic, for me to use it as a cover to hide the large and more visible hole that I have made. 

 

How did I find it? Basically because as innocent as I am, playing the Palace alone was fine, but hearing a boy's voice laughing on the other side of the wall wasn't normal. 

 

Yes. It was him. I heard his beautiful laughing over those walls. I took a sneak peek, assuming it was a ghost much to my innocence. . . 

 

But no. He was real. 

 

And he was the most beautiful being I have ever seen. . .

 

But. . .

 

He was never seen again. 

 

My heart felt a pang of pain again, as my head tried to replay the day I saw him in the garden. I gripped the upper part of my polo, crumpling it hard as the pain grew even more hurting inside of me. 

 

But I have to forget now. It was a long time ago. . .

 

I was just a funny kid back then.

 

But why can't I let go? 

 

Oh wait. Right. 

 

Kyungsoo.

 

I had to divert my attention, and when I successfully did so, especially when it went back to the sly, tiny, white-skinned bunny I have here. I just clearly facepalmed at the thought of him running away and getting himself lost.

 

If he does this the third time I swear I am gonna chain him with me.

 

I took the cover of the entrance, as I slowly entered, trying not catch any attention from the guards that are still on duty, and I have fully entered, I quickly placed the cover back. I walked over to the dark figure that presumably hasn't been moving a muscle since I saw him behind the wall. 

 

Is he. . . sleeping? 

 

When I finally was standing in front of the body, I felt so relieved when it was exactly the only person that I was looking for right now.

 

I was so glad it was Kyungsoo. 

 

He was crouching in a slight C shape, his body was lying comfortably on the grass as both his hands were situated in front of his face, only that it wasn't covering the whole visage, it was just right at the bottom where his heart-shaped lips were slightly agape.

 

I knelt down, so as to meet his stance, examining him for a moment, while thinking of a way on how to actually carry him. I was about to start off by scooping hand at the bottom of his head when I suddenly came to a stop.

 

How does he look so white? 

 

I scanned his face, I tried to look in it even deeper. From the short lashes that fluttered every now and then from the dream he was probably having, to his fluffy yet prominent cheeks that was delicate to the touch as I caressed it, as my fingers tried to memorize each and every angle of him.

 

Most especially his heart-shaped lips. 

 

Sometime around, I feel kind of lucky that I was the first person to claim his first kiss. And too lucky to claim a heart-shaped creation.

 

He's beautiful. I never knew he was this beautiful.

 

But why does it feel like I've seen this face before? 

 

I stared at his features even more as another sense of familarity hit me. I looked into him intently, trying to find answers, knowing somehow that I have might met him even before this incident happened between the both of us. 

 

But then to no avail. 

 

I never actually figured out why I was even starting to habe weird feelings for him, things that weren't even supposed to be felt, it was like some kind of déja vu that hit me, where everytime I see Kyungsoo, there will always be something about him that makes me remember, but I couldn't really recall who. 

 

Or maybe I do know who he reminds me of, but I just am not sure about it. 

 

I don't want to go all assuming and get hurt again. No, you don't want that, Chanyeol.

 

I sighed as I stopped thinking, my thoughts were now killing me as I felt a wave of drowziness on me. I quickly scooped him up, making sure that he wasn't to be disturbed or awake. When I finally had him in my arms, I felt him suddenly snuggle close onto my chest.

 

"You never fail to amuse me with your subtle cuteness huh?" I shook my head playfully, drawing a relieved smile on my face as I continued to hed on out of the garden. I was kind of lucky, to have the fake cover just move by my feet like a sliding door, as I did the same when I closed it. A few more walks from the garden and I have then finally reached my study room. The door was still slightly open as I actually left it ajar due to my panic as I rushed out to look for him earlier. I kicked it softly, so as to swing open as wide enough for the both of us to head in.

 

When we were inside, I directly went towards the couch, which was a distance away from my table, and placed his sleeping body there. I was kind of glad that he wasn't that heavy, and he was like a teenage girl by size, I didn't have a hard time bringing him in.

 

I covered him with an available blanket that I actually kept jn there in case I myself fall asleep during my work due to exhaustion, wrapping his whole frame in it. As I was done tucking, I squatted down a bit to meet his face once more.

 

"Maybe. . . you aren't so bad after all." I smiled as I caressed his cheek once more, trying to fill my mind with his face one more time before I stood upto bend a little, and eventually kissed him at the temple. He shifted a bid, snuggling onto the small covers as I saw him let out a small smile. 

 

Yeah. . . maybe I was wrong. You aren't so bad after all. 

 

Maybe. . . just maybe. . . I could fall.

 

——————————————————

 

Author's Note:

 

Chapter Five done ~ !!!

I deeply apologize if this took so long Q u Q I had a lot of paperwork to do. Huhuhu. 

 

But I still managed to finish it nonetheless. I feel so happy. ^^

 

So there you guys have it ~ new character desu. XD 

 

Chen or Jongdae is now Chanyeol's friend and right hand as well. Which brings out why he is in this story ahahaha xD

 

Awww shucks Kyungsoo just wants to go home, but then he has to stay at the Palace now. . .

 

His engagement will take part soon *wink wink* 

 

This was a hard chapter for me, I had a hard time thinking 'cause I had a lot of thesis and assignments on my head T u T 

 

Anyways ~ it's here now so don't worry I already prepared a draft for Chapter Six so it won't be that long :')) 

 

Anyways, to those who upvoted, subscribed, commented and read my story . . . 

 

I LOVE YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART T w T <3 <3 

 

I can never make such a nice story without your support. Q u Q <3

 

I'll keep it up don't worry huee ~~ 

 

Happy reading and enjoy ~ <3 

 

*puing-puing~^^*