Chapter Twenty-Two:

My Royal Punishment

No One's POV:

"Hyung. . . ."

". . . . be okay."

"Is. . . . alright?"

". . . . Hyung!"

Echoes of voices were vibrating in pitch dark room, he couldn't figure out why he was in such a place, and he couldn't see anyone but just all black. 

More so, it's as if he couldn't really feel anything at all. He can't feel his senses, his hands, his feet, let alone his face, he couldn't figure out what was wrong.

All he knows is that it was dark, and that was it. 

'Where am I?'

Everything was silent around him a moment after, and the scenery has not changed one bit, he seemed like he was eaten by a big black hole all of a sudden, and didn't know how he actually ended up in it. 

'Maybe the country is in total black out at the moment?', He thought, maybe indeed, the country was just in total black out, that maybe some guy tripped over a huge electrical post this morning and he just happened to be such a huge person that the said post definitely fell and slammed across the others like a domino effect.

But can I huge black out make him lose all his sense of physical touch? Can it make him lose all his control over his body, to a point where he feels as though he was just nothing but a floating matter or an atom, somewhere in the middle of who knows what?

". . . . Soo."

A name. He can hear the echoes again. 

". . . . Kyung. . . soo."

He can hear someone calling out a name. It was vague, he couldn't make out what name it was, but all he knows is that someone is calling out names.

"Kyung -- "

'Kyung?'

"-- soo!"

'. . . . Isn't that my name?'

Suddenly a small tint of light appeared from afar, it seemed like a really small light, like a star in the sky. The brightness it was emitting was slightly faint, as if it was going to disappear at any minute if he doesn't reach out to it. 

'What is that noise?'

Suddenly a high-pitched sound was heard, it was like some sort of a beeping sound, and it came exactly where the light was. It was such a monotonous yet broken tone, for a second it would make a small beep, and then the next it would stop. 

As if he had the will power to walk towards the light, he realized that the faint dot of luminescent had had flashed brighter and bigger on his vision. He doesn't know if he was flying or he was floating towards the said light, but suddenly his vision started to blur out, the light was too blinding for him, and he was slipping off of his consciousness little by little.

'Am I. . . . in the. . . .?', Before he could say another word, he felt as if he swept off of his sensibility once more, this time he simply passed out of whatever the hell he was experiencing at that moment. 

But also, little by little, the sound of the beeping was getting louder and louder, finally feeling his chest heave deeply, an alert reaction to hearing the sound --

And alas, he awoke.

His then blurry vision, blinking for a mew more times in a slow pace, has then cleared out, finally seeing that the bright whites were coming from the ceiling's fluorescent lights that were locked in what seemed to be a small compartment on the ceiling, parallel to each other in pairs. The ceiling was with a tinge of a more dirty kind of white, which he wasn't supposed to really care but he wondered why he did at the moment. 

'Where am I?', He managed to voice out in his scattered brain, slowly turning his head to the left side. His doe eyes widened at the sight, when it finally dawned to him that he wasn't at home, now was he even in the Palace grounds or in their shared bedroom.

'I'm at the hospital?????????'

He knew exactly what a heart rate monitor looked like, he was a medical major for bibimbap's sake. He can see the rise and the fall of his soon accelerating heartbeat, anxiety b in his stomach as he lay there at the hospital bed. 

"."  Was what he first blurted out after being unconscious for god knows how long. His voice was hoarse, his throat dry. His head turned into different other directions, just to make sure that he wasn't dreaming and that he was really at the hospital.

'Okay Kyungsoo, take deep breaths, deep deep breaths.' He internally comforted himself, closing his eyes for a moment to ease the growing panic at the back of his head. After a few, he glanced around just to make sure this wasn't some sort of prank or dream.

'There's a vital monitor. . . There's me laying in the hospital bed, a sofa on the right, the walls are painted white ---'

He gently raised his arm, just to see if there was anything attached to it, and also so that he won't suddenly feel a pang of pain at his antics. 

'. . . . There's an IV catheter attached to my arm.' 

Kyungsoo wanted to cry.

"What the actual happened to me??" He cursed under his breath, groaning in frustration as his mind was left blank, it wasn't helpful because he couldn't really remember anything that happened that day.

"You're awake!"

Kyungsoo got startled when the sliding door opened in an abrupt pace, a familiar voice coming from it, he shifted his attention to where the voice came from, and a familiar lanky man with multi-colored hair showed up, he was slouching a bit, trying to catch his breath, he probably ran from one end of the hospital to the other end where Kyungsoo was in. 

"Sehun??" Kyungsoo replied, it was as if his tone was in a form of a question mixed with a handful of confusion and a huge cup of panic, that he was still trying to wrap around his head into a huge croissant of destruction soon enough if he doesn't find out what had happened to him and how he ended up here.

After a few more deep inhales, the man closed the door behind him, and he rushed immediately to the bed where Kyungsoo was, sitting at the small stool right next to it. Kyungsoo slowly rose from lying down, trying to twist his next nicely just to get the bed pain off, he shifted a few more times before he had finally found a comfortable to position, his back leaning on the headboard. 

"Hyung, I was so worried, are you okay?????" He grabbed his brother by the shoulders, not too harsh and not too gentle either. Worry was written all over the his face, eyeing Kyungsoo intently like he was going to melt the him into pieces of chocolate baked in a very hot oven soon enough. 

"You're asking me if I am okay, when I am already here, laying like a zombie at the hospital." He was trying to hide the feeling of anxiousness that was still pretty fresh in his gut, as he let out a joking comment to his baby brother just so that the other would calm down. 

"I was so worried about you, Hyung. Chanyeol was shaking in panic when he called me about you." Sehun sighed in relief as he found assurance in the tone of Kyungsoo's words. He gave his bedridden brother a light hug before pulling out of it right away. Sehun then stood up from his seat, reached out for the plastic bag that was placed on a small table across the bed, to which he picked a handful of apples, and found purchase of a small bread knife and a plate beside the plastic. 

"Panic?" Kyungsoo took note of the word Sehun has uttered, his eyes furrowing, trailing at every action his little brother was doing across him. 

Sehun abruptly stopped slicing the apples, he looked up and stared blankly at a wall for a while, his eyes sporting a shocked expression and his mouth agape before turning to face Kyungsoo.

"What?"

"Why was Chanyeol in panic?"

There was silence between the both of them, wherein Sehun placed the knife back on the table, dropping the apple he slicing on the place making sure to not make any noise. He then moved back where he was previously sitting, Kyungsoo's sight still trailing on him. Sehun took a seat once more, head lowered, inhaling for a bit before sighing very heavily. 

"Well?" Kyungsoo asked, his voice sounded like he was going to jump off any second from the worry and the nervousness he was cradling at the top of his throat. He was the sheets of his blanket tightly, not sure if he really wanted to know why he ended up here or not.

'Sehun seems weird. It feels as though he's hesitant on telling me what had happened.' Innocently, this was what only Kyungsoo thought.

". . . . Hyung, you don't remember anything, do you?" Their eyes finally met when Sehun asked the question. The creases in the Sehun's forehead seemed to have added up more compared to earlier when he found out Kyungsoo has finally awoken, he reached out for the shorter's hand, squeezing them tightly as a form of comfort. 

Kyungsoo's hand was shaking so dangerously, that Sehun thinks he might go on a breakdown soon.

"W-What?" Even his pupils were shaking, his grip on Sehun's hand was tighter, waiting for the younger to tell him what was up.

'I'm scared.' 

'Why don't I remember anything at all?' He tells himself, feeling a invisible lump on his throat, trying to gulp the inexistence of it away.

"Hyung, you sure you don't remember anything at all?" In a very wary tone, Sehun asked. He squeezed Kyungsoo's hand tighter, his thumb making soft circles along the other's knuckles.

"Sehun-ah, I won't panic like this if I do remember, tell me what is going on." His voice was shaking, he has never felt this much fear in his life, all because he woke up, with no clue why he was here or what even happened before.

'Why can't I remember anything? I should at least remember what is going on.

But, I don't know? I just passed out. I don't even know how long have I been in the hospital either.'

Sehun cleared his throat for a bit, giving himself a few seconds before looking back Kyungsoo, his bottom lip making sure there wasn't any dead skin before he spoke.

"Hyung, Chanyeol found you unconscious at your university, yesterday."

"What?! Yesterday??? B-But how? What happened?", If his eyes could get any wider,  this was probably it, he was searching for more answers from Sehun, as he moved his head to take a closer look at the younger. But much to his urge to know more answers, Sehun might've figured out that Kyungsoo wanted him to say more about it, yet he only replied with his head laying low, shaking it slowly, and indication that he doesn't know any more than that.

"I'm sorry, that's all I know." 

Kyungsoo leaned a little bit to harsh at the headboard in defeat, a sound of a silent thud resonating around the room. He let go of Sehun's hand, his head lowered and he is now more fixated on his arms that were helplessly laying on his lap. 

'Why can't I remember any of these? They just happened yesterday?????', He badly wanted to slam his head on whatever hard brick wall he could find, he just wants to simply stand up and stagger himself at the nearest cement and hit his head as hard as he could so that he could remember at least a pint of whatever his baby brother had just told him.

"Don't be too harsh on yourself, Hyung. I think you just need more rest. You shouldn't panic, eventually you will remember for sure." He was trying to find the right words to console Kyungsoo, he doesn't know if what he said would suffice, but he thinks as long as he is trying to give comfort, it still counts. He stands, bending a little bit to give Kyungsoo a small caress in the back, trying to soothe what probable pain his brother might feel after he slammed it on the headboard. As much as he wants to be of help, he isn't the person who can answer all of Kyungsoo's questions but Chanyeol and Chanyeol alone can.

Deep breaths were the only thing Kyungsoo can compensate for himself, for still being strong enough to not lower his defenses, remove everything around him and rush out of the hospital and go straight home to Chanyeol. He sighed, his uneasiness from earlier soon dying down, despite not knowing all the answers yet, Sehun was still right, he needs to calm the down. All the answers will come right after once he has filly recovered from state.

'What really happaned though? Kyungsoo you got to remember.

You need to remember, why is it so hard for me to remember things?'

 

_________________

 

Chanyeol was trying his best to focus. Despite him getting excused in class almost every time of the day, he still needed to catch up with his studies because his grades are not going to pass itself regardless if he did attend class or not because of prince duties.

"Can anyone tell me when is the Philippine Independence?" World History. That one subject that he probably repeated over and over during the course of his life. At the age of eight, he was already cradling a large book on the history of Greece, and then a book at how Egyptians were able to make such an amazing infrastructure called the Pyramids at the age of nine. He lived most of his life at the Royal Library, checking up on different versions of social issues and economics, the different types of governments that were dissected by his brain down to the most trivial and littles details, he knows almost all of it because again, it wasn't because he wanted to be engrossed in it --

It was simply because he had to. He's the Crowned Prince. That's just about it. He was bound to be the next in heir after all.

Which brings it to the present that he now, is taking a major in Social Sciences,  with a minor in Economics and History. Although, he still does pass most of his classes because even with the casual 'I need to be excused because the Nation needs me' kind of thing, he still manages to ask notes from Ho Jung, asking her what the class was all about and what they had discussed during classes that he was good as invisible. 

But there were still certain subjects, to which much to his dismay, have grades that were dwindling down the sewers soon enough, and it isn't because he didn't pass the exam, nor did he miss any of his homework's deadline, it is to put it simply, that his teacher just decides that he would be the one to dictate whether or not Chanyeol is able to pass based on his physical presence inside the classroom.

And this is exactly the subject he was referring to. 

Mr. Kim Junmyeon's World History class.

"Ah! Prince Chanyeol! Since the class is more than happy that you have graced us with your attendance in my class, why don't you answer this question for me, hm?" Junmyeon called out, pointing at the prince using his very expensive fountain pen, that Chanyeol kind of took note was the same fountain pen the said teacher was using last year, second semester.

'How does he not lose supply of ink for that kind of pen? I usually lose most of my fountain pens in just a month's span,' 

'And how is he able to teach two different subjects in two different majors at the same time?' Chanyeol seems as though he was on a rush of overthinking about too much unwanted information, that it dawned to him that Junmyeon had been teaching both history and microbiology in this prestige university, taking note that this man is also Kyungsoo's homeroom adviser in their class as well.

'This man ought to be a genius born out of a human father and an encyclopedia for a mother.'

He sighed, reluctant to stand up from his seat, but he did anyway because what choice does he still have? Eyes of many around the classroom where sizing him up, as per usual, 'what is new', as he would internally complain. He could see from the many stares that some were amazed that he was around, girls smiling shyly, whispering things to their other seatmate, the men were looking at him funny, his casual friends were just silently laughing like it's another kind of joke, but the others? Well, to put it simply, some people don't really like his guts, and that's one of those things he got really used to since he already lives the life of a celebrity, despite it being against his will, but he was born with it nonetheless.

Nevertheless, he found comfort in seeing Ho Jung just smiling at him softly, here eyes just telling him to just get it over with.

"June 12 is the day of Independence of the Philippines." He lazily spoke, his shoulders slouched as he glances at his teacher, who replied with a very content smile as Chanyeol answered correctly. Junmyeon nodded happily, making a swift downward action with his pen, signaling Chanyeol to sit back down.

"Correct! Now moving on can anyone tell me --" His teacher's voice soon drowned down from his thoughts, everything began to just be all a blur to him. Deep inside he already wants to excuse himself from this class, more so he wanted the university bell to just ring already, as much as he looks very disinterested with this class, his mind was wandering somewhere else, and he feels his heart going uneasy, cannot be put to rest. 

'Kyungsoo. . . .'

'What happened to him yesterday was. . . .?'

"Your Highness? I told you to sit down, why are you still standing?" Chanyeol snapped out of it, Junmyeon's voice louder than usual. It wasn't as though his teacher was angry, he just had to make him known to Chanyeol so he had to raise his voice a little, he noticed that the latter was so out of thought his brows began to wrinkle.

"Are you okay?" Junmyeon asked, voice laced with concern.

". . . . I, uh --" Chanyeol was frantic, scratching the back of his head, taking hold of a fistful mop of his hair, tightening the grip, he just feels so unsure, his uneasiness creeping up to his stomach even more as he kept entertaining the worries on his mind. His head laid low, he found the tiled floor so interesting, that he soon wished he was going to be swallowed alive by it.

"I think he needs to go to the clinic, sir. He doesn't seem to look very well since yesterday." 

Chanyeol looked up, surprised as he heard Ho Jung's voice. When caught sight of her, she was raising her hand, her eyes filled with nothing but genuine care for him as she looked back. 

"Miss Lee, is something the matter?" Junmyeon inquired, exchanging glances with both students as he walked to his table, placing his notes and his pen down.

There was silence. Their classmates didn't dare to speak, as if it was their fear that they might get shot if they interfere with this kind of matter, as if it was some kind of national headlines, tension between a university professor, the son of the Nation's King and the daughter of the Prime Minister. 

"His fiancé is at the hospital sir. He was found unconscious in front to the university yesterday, I think you have already heard of this." Ho Jung explained nicely as she lowered her hand.

"Ah, yes, I have heard from the school's Board yesterday about it. Has he not awoken as of today?" Junmyeon asked, the question now darting to Chanyeol, who has been unbelievably quiet for the minutes.

"No. He hasn't." He replied with a deadpan expression. He couldn't fixate his eyes on anything but the floor, he couldn't even look at his teacher in the eye as he feels tears would soon start to brim.

'I really really wanna know if he's okay. 

I can't ask Jongdae to check up on him. He's on PR duty for Mom and Dad today. Guests are coming in and out of the country because Foundation Day is in about a week.'

"I understand that you are really distressed about the matter, Your Highness. But I can't excuse you at this time around, you have already missed to many of my classes due to your responsibilities, but that also doesn't mean you can always get away with your classes and grades." His teacher sighed heavily, trying to straighten his thick notebook on the table. He heard about the news, Do Kyungsoo, one of his star pupils in his med class, knocked out cold in front of the school, the Board saying that he was waiting to be taken home when he suddenly out. Some students did claim that he was pale, that he was in a burden of some sort of fever at that time, although others just really made up stories for it to be a hustle and a bustle in the whole campus.

"We understand your sentiments and concern with regards to Chanyeol's attendance in your classes, sir. But I hope you would reconsider at this time, I believe Chanyeol deserves to take a break for a while, even for an hour's rest at the clinic would suffice."  Ho Jung countered, this time she was standing up, trying her best to reason out with Junmyeon as much as she can.

"Please understand sir. Chanyeol has already been having a tough time, Foundation Day is just around the corner. I think Chanyeol deserves a moment of pause as he feels very devastated. If you were in his shoes, what would you feel? Will you just sit back and go on with your day and pretend nothing has happened?" 

Junmyeon inhaled a heavy breath. Trying to let all of what Ho Jung has said sink into his brain. Smoothly brushing his hair up with his hand, the gel that he had worn that morning had already turned into an oily substance, and he did make a mental note on himself to retouch once the class is over.

"Alright. I'll let you go this one more time, Chanyeol." Junmyeon finally decided. His gaze went from serious to gentle as he plastered a small smile on his face, assuring the prince that he empathizes with him and his struggles.

Chanyeol looked at his teacher with relief, a wide grin soon growing at his face, his heart suddenly felt a little lighter at his teacher's decision. Ho Jung smiled in victory as well, she lowered her head a bit to hide the wideness of it, as she looked away from Chanyeol.

"Thank you, thank you so much, Junmyeon-nim. I just couldn't focus that well in classes because I am so worried about Kyungsoo." He bowed, a little lower as a sign of a huge gratitude towards his teacher. He couldn't help but keep his head low, as if he has been made a huge favor, his anxieties suddenly all going down back to his feet.

"Oh, look how you've grown as a man, Chanyeol." Junmyeon added. Chanyeol stood back up, his eyes following Junmyeon's actions, as he was slowly walking back and forth at a small distance in front of class, his smile like that of a father who is proud of his son, or more like a teacher who also thinks highly of himself too, but that didn't really matter at that point.

"Back in the day, you were just a carefree Prince, someone who doesn't really care about a thing in the world, and now here you are, the Crowned Prince who has so much care for his betrothed. You've grown so much in a short span, and I am glad that Kyungsoo is your chosen person to marry. He changed you into a more fitting candidate to be King one day." Junmyeon confidently said out loud in class, a smirk written over his face.

Chanyeol and Ho Jung remained silent, the prince only with his mouth slightly agape, Ho Jung trying to hold a laugh by puffing her cheeks. 

'He sounds like an old man trying to tell everyone around him that his grandson is the best among all the humans that exists in this world.' Chanyeol had though, a brow raising up, a small smile forming. It wasn't something he felt entitled for, but for a bit, he felt assured, and he felt like maybe, even if he was almost always absent, his teacher was still able to see and appreciate his best efforts of trying to attend his classes despite his many, many, responsibilities away from school after.

'Flattered, but I would still agree, I am glad that Kyungsoo came into my life. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Maybe, it was fate to run into him after all.' As cheesy as it sounded to Chanyeol, it is what it is. That maybe they were destined to meet after losing contact for such a long time, he didn't even expect it himself -- that the person he dragged into this mess, who was supposed to be a stranger is actually the person he has been longing and looking for, and for such a long time at that. 

'. . . . Right. 

Remind me to do something about that.

Kyungsoo still doesn't recall anything about me being his childhood sweetheart.'

"Thank you so much for understanding." Was what he blurted out, shying away his worries for a bit, he knows to himself his mind is already in a mess because of all the things that is to come in the days after, and that he didn't want to lose his focus anymore. He needs to get things done before jumping in on another problem. He made a short bow to his teacher once more, before picking up his backpack, placing the strap on his shoulder and without a trance, he slowly walked his way out of the classroom.

'I'll deal with that probably at a later time, for now there are more pressing matters I need to deal with." 

"I'll come with!" Ho Jung exclaimed. Chanyeol was already at the door, when he looked back to see her trailing from behind. There was a gentle smile on her face.

"I asked Miss Lee to accompany you to the clinic, just to check up on you and see how you are feeling after taking some rest." Was the last of Junmyeon's words before he continued on to blabber about his lecture. 

Chanyeol just gave a nod, before glancing back at Ho Jung with a smile. They both made their way out of the classroom, and once they were at a far distance away, Ho Jung immediately grabbed Chanyeol by the arm, dragging him at a nearby fire exit, so that no one will be able to listen to their conversation.

"Let's head out to see Kyungsoo." 

"Wait wha---?" Chanyeol was too disoriented to even make up of what the Ho Jung was talking about.

"Let's leave the place, I can ask my personal assistant to tell the school nurse to vouch for us, let's go see Kyungsoo." Ho Jung insisted, her hand tugging onto Chanyeol's long arm softly. She looked so determined, but at the same time she looked very worried about Kyungsoo's well-being as well.

Chanyeol wasn't about to protest, while yes  he wanted to see Kyungsoo so badly, he couldn't just disobey Junmyeon. The man already gave him one last favor, and not going with the terms just means breaking his trust. And as much as it is tempting to take Ho Jung's offer, he really shouldn't be trying to violate anything under the school grounds.

"I-I don't think that's a good idea, Jung." Faintly he replied.

Ho Jung shook her head slightly, her lips pursed at Chanyeol's sudden refusal. 

"I know you want to see him right now. I know you feel like you need to follow rules and not break them because you grew up like that but come on, Yeol. You said you'd do anything to protect him right? To make him happy?" 

Chanyeol had a habit of biting his lower lip for more than usual now. It all started after he had more and more piled up paperworks, more meet and greets and more interviews after his and Kyungsoo's engagement. He had a catch of that habit, biting it sometimes too hard until it bleeds, just so he can find an outlet when he feels impatient or when he feels like he is soon about to explode from internal anger.

Or, sometimes when he can't meet Kyungsoo halfway after his duties, finds the man already sound asleep, and he didn't wake the angel up just so he could hear his gentle and soothing voice.

"I. . . Ho Jung I just can't, if Junmyeon-nim finds out we went our way then --"

"I assure you that he won't find out, trust me on this. We've already done this since high school." She winked, a mischievous smile crawled on her face. 

For a bit, Chanyeol was supposed to doubt, but then he knew Ho Jung all too well. They have known each other since he was six, going to the same school and taking the same lessons with the Elders back in the day. She managed to almost always find ways to get away from things, because just like him, Ho Jung is carrying the burden of being the Prime Minister's daughter, she was an only child, and everyone always had a watchful eye on her ever since she was a small girl. Everyone expecting her to be as graceful and as sophisticated as her mother would be.

But Chanyeol knows too well, Ho Jung isn't the type of girl who wouldn't want to walk under her parents' shadow.

He laughs, a small breathy chuckle came out, and in defeat, he gave a small nod, agreeing that they go to the hospital where Kyungsoo is. Ho Jung's eyes curved, a wide smile plastered on her petite face.

"That's more like it." She said before letting go of his arm, fishing out her phone from her school uniform's jacket. She started typing something for a few seconds, before putting it back on her jacket's pocket.

"I already told my assistant to drive us to the hospital, she said she got it covered."

The prince smiled in relief, excited and looking forward to seeing Kyungsoo and how he is doing, he gave Ho Jung a quick hug, whispering a small 'Thank you' on her ears. The shorter gave him a part on the back, assuring him that everything is going to be okay.

"Once the car arrives, there's something you should also know." Ho Jung started walking ahead, Chanyeol following suit. They were headed to the entrance, the stride was just slow steady steps, they weren't on a rush anyway. Ho Jung placed her arms on her back, clasping them together as she made small childish skips.

"What is it?" Chanyeol held the strap of his bag that was hanging on his shoulder, his head tipping in curiosity.

"Byun Baekyun."

Chanyeol stilled, suddenly he forgot how to walk as he stood there frozen in place. 

"What did you say?" 

Ho Jung looked back, she stopped on her tracks a few distances away from the taller, her smile already faded seconds ago, replaced by a pursed lip, her eyes defining unreadable. She looked at Chanyeol, as she was about to tell the man that he is dreaming, and that everything that exists in this world is not real, as if she was going to release a revelation that might change the course of his life.

"He. . . ."

"He?"

Before Ho Jung could even open , there was a silent ring and a vibration that came from her pockets. She gave Chanyeol a short stare before picking up her phone and answering the call.

'What's with Baekhyun all of a sudden?' His brows wrinkled, brushing his hair up in confusion. For a while, he thought he and Baekhyun were already okay, also recognizing the fact that after his last talk with him, they long had lost contact with each other.  All he knew was that Baekhyun was already out of the country, going on business trips alongside his father, and this one he heard from his parents even. He never even made the initiative to contact or message the beagle anymore, as he didn't want to break Kyungsoo's trust now that they are happy with what they have and what they are currently in. 

More importantly, he didn't want to break his future husband's heart ever again. 

The topic of Bakehyun, even as it has already been months past, is still a sensitive topic to Kyungsoo. Having a best friend who lied and hid secrets behind his backs, and was willing to give up their long term friendship just so he could get his way with love. If this was a drama in TV, Chanyeol would think it be reasonable, but the methods Baekhyun had done to get what he wants isn't really justifiable. 

Of course, he knows he had a fault on it too, but that's the whole reason why he is trying to best to redeem himself as much. 

He honestly doesn't want break Kyungsoo again.

"He told me to run away, the reason why I took a really long time at the Elder's Chamber." Kyungsoo had confessed to him one night, as they were curled and cuddled up in a huge comforter.

"He what?"  Chanyeol shifted a but, his huge body frame spooning Kyungsoo, holding him tightly on his waist.

"The reason why I was late during the engagement. Baekhyun asked me to run away, he said it was for the best and to ensure an easier way for me to be free." Kyungsoo was staring at the ceiling, lightly patting his little hands on Chanyeol's arms, engrossed at the dancing glow-in-the-dark stars he and the prince just recently had placed, making him smile a little at how beautiful they looked when the lights were off.

"He didn't tell you the reason why he wanted you to run away?"

"Oh no. He simply said he was concerned about me. I didn't know it had to be about him wanting to be with you at that time, so I really thought he was just helping me out."

"But why did you come back to me?" Chanyeol's eyes narrowed, and as if Kyungsoo felt the weight of his stare, he looked back, comfort and affection shown on his gaze.

"Because I may not have admitted it to myself at first, but I just felt like I didn't want to leave you. I didn't want to let you go." He gave Chanyeol a chase kiss on the lips, making the taller speechless, his ears soon growing pretty in red, his pupils dilated as he felt shy at the sudden action.

"Yeol?" He flinched, as he heard Ho Jung bring him back to his senses. 

"The car will be here in a minute, let's head out now." She waved her thumb up as a sign that they should get going, her smile drawn back on her face.

"Are you okay? You seemed to have space out."

"Ah, no I am fine, I was just thinking about Palace work." He retorted, scratching the messy mop of hair behind his head. Ho Jung didn't wait for him, as she started walking towards the exit. Chanyeol followed, his legs going on long strides as he tried to catch up with her.

"I'll tell you more about it in the car. More importantly, let's bring some flowers before heading to the hospital, okay?" Chanyeol was already walking beside her, she gave her a gummy smile, all her white teeth out as they both pranced their way down to the first floor and off to the exit where the car will be waiting for them.

Chanyeol was more than happy to have had Ho Jung as a friend. She might've started strong and forceful when she asked Chanyeol to marry her back in the day, but deep inside, he knows that despite Ho Jung's fierce and a fighter in exterior, she was still the same gentle and sweet person on the inside. 

'I feel like whatever it is that is about Baekhyun is bad news.

But I'll be ready for it.

I just hope it isn't something that would cause Kyungsoo more distress.' 

Arriving at the exit gates, the car already parked, the doors open for them to get into.

And before Chanyeol could even enter, all he could think about is that he hopes today will come out to be a good day, and that he hopes that Kyungsoo is already in a better state once he arrives at the hospital.

'Today, hopefully, will be a good day, at the very least.'

Ah, yes, today will be a good day.

But tomorrow, and the days after --

.

.

.

Will it ever be that good?

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes:

Chapter 22 done!!!  <3

It took me a while to finish, I was so engrossed into watching Chanyeol and Kyungsoo's recent interactions that I keep forgetting words AHAHAHAHAHA X'D They are just cute I can't skjhkldfgjhfklgh My heart goes doki-doki every time.

The JP one-on-one talk made me feel things. Huhuhuh Their friendship is just sooooo hnnnggg I feel so jealous. I want to have a friendship like theirs like for reals T u T <3

Anyhow ~ This chapter is done O w O a little bit of a cliffhanger of what is to come, the next chapter may be a bit longer than this ahahaha X'D

But yes, I hope you enjoy this one for a bit <3

 

Happy reading y'all ~ Puing-puing ^^ <3