Chapter Twenty-One: (Prt. I)

My Royal Punishment

 

[Author’s Notes: I divided this Chapter in TWO (2) Parts. I realized this was the longest chapter I made, so the other will be posted on the next. Now let us see more of Sehun’s thoughts shall we? I will be posting a longer note on the second part. :3]

 

 

Sehun POV:

 

Can this day get any worse?

 

I fiddled my phone for what seemed to last for ing eternity. It's so damn BORING.

 

I kept refreshing my SNS, in hopes that there might be something interesting going on, but yet to no avail. The same old posts, same old memes, same old, same old.

 

Everything is so ing boring, is there some miracle that is going to happen today?

I mean just for me, please?

Oh dear lawd, please the god of jajangmyeon, make this day interesting or I might die from boredom.

 

It was class break – actually it isn't just a break, it's actually one of these days where the teacher isn't around for a lesson, one of the days where my classmates (including me), rejoice at the fact the teacher will be absent, which means more free time to lay back and relax, more time to scan phones and browse the SNS, post selfies and whatever it is that we all wish to do, that we actually are restricted to do during classes.

 

Although these are the days that make me happy, because more time to slack off and less time to study –

THIS is one of the days where it's super ing useless as well.

 

I am B O R E D.

 

Someone send help.

Someone send an actual angel and save me from this misery of mine

 

Having no classes like this actually happens once or twice in a week, sometimes ALMOST EVERYDAY.

 

Why is it like this?

 

Since we only are a small university, with a limited amount of professors, this school isn't just your any other ordinary or fancy school that most students can attend to. This facility, in fact, isn't your usual university where when you pass a certain entrance exam, you get accepted right away –

 

That isn't how it works here in my school, so to say.

 

This isn't a university where everyone has a chance and can possibly be qualified to be here.

 

Big NOPE.

 

This is where, almost everyone has 0.000000000001% chance of getting in.

 

And even getting the entrance exams passed is oftentimes "too impossible" for mediocre brains.

 

Even I don't know myself, how the did I even do to pass and be part of this damn school.

 

The faculty and the whole school actually trusts in the fact that in the population of only 300+ students in the whole campus, they could, not just one, but all – pass the exams and graduate with flying colors without the help of the teachers all the time. Spoon-feeding knowledge and teaching the students using the traditional kind of teaching where the prof scribbles on the blackboard and the students follow suit by copying notes on their respective notebooks and papers – this was never a "normal" thing in out university. What was normal is this, no teacher, no one to teach us what the lesson is for today, it is in our own responsibility to study ahead and get ready for the worst quizzes and tests that they would prepare and announce on the spot. We are used to the treatment where teachers are only in class for a short span of 5 to 10 minutes just for them to give the students a chance to clarify if they are having difficulty in understanding certain topics and subjects, the longest being 15 or 20 minutes if ever there are a lot of students asking questions.

 

And this is where I question –

How the did I even get in here again?

 

I laid my head on the table, as I stared blankly at the open window on my left. I was seated at the second to the left at the back row, where my seatmates were a weird girl, who is seated near the left window and on my right side, who probably did nothing the whole school year but sleep.

 

Of the both of them, the weird girl is the most interesting one, she had short, shoulder length brown hair and always wear this cherry clip on the side of her bangs, and has such a thick, black-framed glasses, similar to my baby brother's glasses but hers are way thicker and rounder. What made her get my attention was the fact that first she was weird, from her actions, to her mannerisms, one of which is always nibbling on her right index finger, likes and is super addicted to tons of manhwa, mostly themed in romance, angst and boy's love, as far as I have observed in the long run that she has been my seatmate. She never talks, she is always so deep into her books, and she never looks at anyone, and the only person she ever talks to is her best friend who is on her second year, and is the exact opposite of her – which means, her best friend is famous in the campus and is the talk of the crowd, pretty and all, but I always see her best friend come in here all the time and accompany her for lunch, sometimes overhearing their conversation while I pretend to be asleep, and she oftentimes tells the weird girl that she would be glad to take her on a makeover but she always refused.

 

This is why she is weird.

Like who would refuse an offer for a beauty makeover?

Even me, if I was the ugliest person on Earth and someone would offer to make me beautiful, well damn why the hell not?

 

I notice a lot things about her because she acts and moves pretty obviously. And for a fact, she stutters when she speaks, even when I ask her a simple question, it takes her a millennium to actually answer it.

 

"Do you have a pen I could borrow?"

". . . . E-eh, I-I. . . .Ugh . . ."

"Umhm? Do you? If you don't have extra it's fine, I could ask someone else."

"B-Bu. . . huh. . . . eh-eh. . . ."

 

I swear to god, I don't know how many times I rolled my eyes on her for answering me like that. It took us exactly 10 minutes just for her to actually and finally reply to me back.

 

But I am a nice person, so I never bullied her. Just find her really odd and sometimes it gets in my nerves because I really have a slight temper problem and I have quite short patience towards incompetent people.

I am not saying she is incompetent though, I just can't stand her stuttering too much.

 

But there will be times that she doesn’t stutter, only if she is really caught off guard, that is when she stutters too much, but usually she talks pretty normally. Small, very petite voice, like that of a hummingbird.

 

“Sehun-ah.”

 

She called out to me from her seat one day, it was lunch time and we were the only ones left in the classroom, her preparing her lunch box, while me trying to get some sleep.

 

“What do you want?”

“Eat lunch now. Don’t skip.”

“I have no appetite. I have no one to eat lunch with.”

 

“. . . Hmmm. If you wanted a companion to eat with, we could eat together here.”

“We what?”

 

I remembered she moved her chair and sat across me. She placed her lunch box on my desk as she placed another box on front of me, I looked up at her from lying down and she gave me one of her softest smiles.

That was the first time she ever spoke normally to me.

No stuttering, she wasn’t looking away from me.

 

And that was, for the first time, someone made a kind gesture for me.

Because hey, no one has ever done this to me before in school.

 

And I mean never.

 

“What is this?”

“I kind of observed the past few days you just sleep during lunch time and you don’t want to stride off the cafeteria, so I prepared lunch for you instead.”

 

And from then on, even if she says the littlest of conversations or talks, I feel glad to still at least tries to talk to me.

 

Makes me feel thankful.

 

Among all of the people here, she is the only one who could talk to me normally, in some kind of sort at least she does.

 

I scanned her features as I directed my attention to her. I observed her a little bit, kind of realized she was such a small fellow, she reminded me very much of my baby brother.

 

Speaking of, she does have slightly similar characteristics of Kyungsoo-hyung though.

 

The glasses.

The addiction to books.

The stuttering.

 

But Kyungsoo-hyung does not stutter that much as she does, hyung only stutters when he feels negative things, but on the positive, my baby brother is always head strong, kind and brave.

And very attractive too.

 

Just like me of course. He got the genes originally from me.

Of course from our parents, but I am the principal and dominant carrier of the good-looking genes.

 

Of course, hyung is so good-looking, even the ever so sturdy Prince Chanyeol fell in love with him, made his knees weak.

 

I did a quick check on my phone, seeing if there were any new notifications for the day, and I sighed in defeat as it was the same old notifications, reactions and comments on my SNS.

 

I swear to god, someone get me off this .

I feel like I am going to throw up from too much boredom I have to face and carry at hand.

 

I shifted my attention back at the weird girl, as I placed my phone back in my pockets, laying my head on my arms that were laid also on my desk. And since I am bored, I scanned and observed the girl once again. I also took note of the fact that she was attracted and probably has a crush on me because it's too damn obvious because every damn time I look at her, her face automatically blushes and there are times I catch her taking pictures of me when I am not looking.

 

Who wouldn't love this face? I mean seriously.

I am the one and only Visual God of this University.

Yeah, the one and only, Do (Oh) Sehun.

 

She's reading another one of her manhwas again, this time, this book had a picture of a Prince smiling while carrying another man, which I think is his lover, and the person being carried looks alarmed and scared that he was brought up in bridal style. She was so engrossed in her Manhwa, little did she know I was actually staring at her, more like staring at the book she was holding though, since her face is covered with the book's front cover.

 

My Royal Punishment.

 

What a ing lame title for a damn Manhwa.

Who would name their manhwa this? Like it doesn't even ring any bell to me, and by ring a bell, it's not a title that gives impact to me.

 

Psh.

And yet it is such a famous manhwa, because even this weird girl is smiling so widely while reading it.

 

And don't get me wrong though – yes, I am on my third year in this university as a junior high school student.

 

In the name of my fresh face and handsome features, I am on my third year in this school –

Yet I don't even know what the name of this weird girl is until now.

We talk, but I don’t even know her damn name. Can you believe that?

 

Nor do I even know the name of the other guy sleeping on his desk right now.

I have such a sad life, don't you think?

 

But actually it isn't something I am depressed or should be sad about - I even like it more that I don't know anyone around here.

 

I have been in this school for almost all my life, since elementary and kindergarten days. I have known this school just like how I know the lines at the palm of my hand and how they are actually connected together in weird scribbles.

 

But the things is, despite knowing every nook and cranny in thus school, despite knowing a little to none about the names of my professors -

 

I don't like to make the effort of knowing who my classmates are.

 

Sure, I have "friends", there are people who always like to sit beside me at the cafeteria table during lunch, and I don't snob them or anything. I let them do what they want, talk to me, make me laugh and just be the usual classmates that want to make friends with me on a daily basis. It's flattering, but that is one of the main reasons why I don't like to make friends, nor do I even ever want to know who they are and what their names are.

 

Because they treat me like some kind of King. Untouchable, unreachable, unapproachable.

And I will never make the effort to try and have friends, ever again.

 

It's not my ego or me being so full of confidence saying that I am good-looking or whatnot, it's the crowd and the whole school campus screaming it out loud right in everyone's faces.

 

"See that guy? That's Sehun. One of the most famous guys in the third year class."

"Isn't our hoobae very handsome? He is so hot, I cannot even believe why he had to be younger than us. He is such a potential boyfriend."

"Oh you mean Sehun? Yeah that dude is the smartest in their bunch, and I heard he is even good at sports, very good at soccer, no wonder he is the coach's favorite. Hope I could get along with him too."

"I sent Sehun letters at his locker today, I hope he notices it."

"Aaaaa Sehun is such a dream, like a Prince, he is so handsome."

"He is so mysterious. He doesn't really talk much, but he is very welcoming of people who like to sit on his cafeteria table. And that is the only time you hear him speak or see him smile. Really a deep voice and a y smile."

 

Oh, and did I mention that our school only has ONE section per year? And in every section we only have about 12 to 15 students maximum.

 

Anyways, there you have it. I am always the talk of the campus. Every single ing time I pass by, when I enter the University, when I get stuff at my locker room, and even when I am at the men's restroom, I am always the apple of the eye of everyone, even my teachers.

 

"Sehun is really such a good student. There are times he doesn't attend class, sometimes isn't even paying attention whenever we have lesson propers, but when quizzes start he just aces it in one go."

"He doesn't ask too many questions, he just asks one, and then he is good to go. Such a smart kid, he will have such a great future ahead sooner or later."

 

The reason why I never tried of even made the effort to make friends, is because I did regret I ever made one. Before when I stepped on my first year of Junior High, everyone was shocked to see that the lanky, always has a scary glare and is the most quiet in class during elementary days has changed drastically. Multi-colored hair, still the same scary glare but less scary, not too lanky like before, a little buff with a slight show of his muscles under his bright yellow blazer. Still quiet, at the least, everyone was shocked to see that I changed the moment I arrived in school for the welcoming ceremony.

 

And after that, the next day I went to school, I was everyone's heartthrob. I was everyone's favorite person.

I made the effort to make friends, I tried my really best to say hi and good morning in the nicest, most well-mannered way everyone knew -

Yet in the end, everyone didn't want me to be their friend.

 

Although it wasn't the negative kind of "I don't wanna be friends with you", it was more of the positive way, yet in the long run, it becomes too destructive for you to even get fed up with it. After a week and after that time I tried to get in the soccer club and did the qualifying trials, that was when everyone started to praise me like some kind of godly entity. I was so good at soccer, and this sport has been my passion ever since I was a kid, even when Appa was still healthy and energetic, he would always play with me so that I could practice. And when I passed the trials on my first try, everyone started to make me feel like I am some kind of celebrity, the talk of the town, someone to look up to.

 

And yet they failed to even make the effort to try to communicate with me.

I tried, so many times, the be the first person to approach my colleagues, my classmates and m higher years, but yet, they always make me feel the same thing -

You know that feeling where, like for example you were born as the son of the richest man in the world, and since you are alone and wanted to have friends, you couldn't because the people will run away from you, no matter how much you try to make the effort to do the first move, in the end they will still run away from you because -

 

They feel inferior of you.

 

It's a really ty thought. I realized that because whenever I tried, they could only do an effort for a small talk, and then after that they would excuse themselves and run as fast and away from me as possible. I can hear them saying they are embarrassed, shy and they feel so honored getting noticed by me but -

 

I don't need this kind of attention. I don't need this kind of VIP treatment.

I hate it when people treat me as someone higher than them, that will make them feel inferior.

I hate it when people put me on top of the pedestal too much that they hinder themselves and get scared of even trying to get to talk and communicate with me.

 

"Aaaaa Sehun noticed me. I am not worthy, I don't deserve such attention."

 

Bull.

 

I really hate it when people can't treat me like an equal, like I am just like them, wanting attention, wanting to have friends and people I can hang out with.

 

But no. They can never give me that luxury. It would always be a struggle for me all the ing time. And they would always make it hard for me to even try.

And this is why, I don’t talk about school to my parents. Or to Kyungsoo-hyung.

They were never worth the talk to begin with.

 

So I eventually, gave up trying to make any friends. And started to just keep my mouth shut and mind my own business almost every day when I go to school.

 

There will be times, but it doesn't happen all the time, that these people would approach me first, would do the first move to try and talk to me but -

 

Do you feel or have you felt that feeling where, people want to be friends with you, just to use you?

That feeling where they want to try and hang out with you just because you are famous? So that they would be famous too?

 

That's what I felt.

Every single damn time.

When people try to even make friends with me.

 

It's always as if they just wanna be friends with me to make use of the fame and the spotlight I have, so that they could have a taste of it too.

 

Bull. ers.

 

And this is why I stopped trying. This is why I stopped trying to exert too much effort in making friends.

 

I'd rather be alone and attend to myself than make the effort to make friends, or even try to entertain people who want to be friends with me but only for the sole purpose of fame.

 

Fane can oftentimes be destructive and I ing hate it.

 

Sometimes, I wish I could go back to my old lanky self, where everyone was comfortable talking to me despite me saying only a few words, but still, at those times, I had friends, I had genuine friends.

 

Sadly enough, those friends eventually turned into strangers, because of this stupid fame thing and people treating me as something they shouldn't.

 

Because unlike Prince Chanyeol, I am just a ing normal person.

 

Chanyeol deserves this kind of treatment because he holds a legit social status in the society and in the world.

While me? I hold an imaginary social status that people made up for me, and I didn't even want this.

 

Well it, I don't care anymore.

 

I'd rather go home and wait for Kyungsoo-hyung or Mr. Joker Guy Jongdae so that I could have a good talk.

And I realized that, even a valet who has a permanent and higher rank in the society, can even be friends with me, share memes, play games and such -

But these bunch of motherers here in school can't even make the effort to do something about it.

 

Think about it.

My schoolmates are normal people, we are all equal in the eyes of society yet they can't keep a conversation with me -

But a valet and a Prince who are supposed to be respected, the ones who are supposed to be the untouched, unreachable and unapproachable, are the ones making really a really good conversation with me, plays games, we get some coffee, hang out and even does deep conversations with me as well.

 

See the irony? What a life.

 

BUT I will take the weird girl as an exception though, since out of all people, even if I don’t know her name, she tries her best to talk to me, at the very least I could feel her little effort was really genuine and sincere. I can’t call her a friend yet since we only ever had talks like sometimes, but still, she can be a casual someone I can talk with.

 

I let out a small grunt, covering my face with my long arms, my nose touching the cold feel of the desk. It’s 3 o’ clock in the afternoon and all I did the whole day was stare at my phone, take a little nap, and read a little bit about geography in one of our boring books. I wanted to leave the school early, since I know for sure there will be n teacher in the next class anyways, but I don’t know where to go, as much as I want to go to the arcade, I feel like it would be boring to play all by myself.

 

I am so screwed.

I feel like I am going to die of boredom, and this is probably the third time I said this phrase over and over again.

 

“Teehee. . .” I could hear the weird girl shyly laugh, I shifted my attention back to her again as I made out a small smile, she reminds me of the days where Kyungsoo-hyung would usually smile and laugh ever so cutely whenever he is so into a book he is reading, and would even sometimes start crying out of the blue.

 

Speaking of which, I hope hyung and his fiancé are all good now.

After all the damn shenanigans that were happening the past few days.

 

I mean, even until now I am still shocked hearing it from Kyungsoo-hyung.

 

“Chanyeol and Baekhyun were together for such a long time.”

“What the actual ?! So all this time, Baekhyun has been hiding this from you all along?”

“I don’t really understand why he had to hide this from me, if he did tell me this in the first place, then things wouldn’t be as complicated as now Hun, and things won’t escalate to this if he wasn’t such an idiot from hiding this from me.”

“There must have been a reason why he did, Hyung.”

“But I am his best friend Sehun, what could go wrong in telling me these kinds of things.”

“Bingo, Hyung. That’s the point. Why didn’t he tell you when he knew he could trust you on this kind of matter? There must be something he really is hiding away from you.”

“. . . You are such a smart Sehun-ah.”

“But even so Hyung, if ever he did tell you about his and Chanyeol’s relationship beforehand, like during the time of the Engagement Rites, will you still go through the event? Or will you run away as he wanted you to do?”

“Even if he told me of his and Yeollie’s affair, even if he would say it to me, things will not change, I will still go and get myself engaged with Chanyeol no matter what it takes.”

“Why are you saying that?”

 

“Because things will still be the same. If he had told me way before the Engagement Rites happened, way before when everything to me was chaos and still a shock, then I would have called off the shots. But knowing Baekhyun? Once he hides something from me, no matter what he does, even if he would honestly tell me about his romantic relationship with the Prince, I know he won’t tell me everything, and he would still hide other information from me.”

 

“You do know Baekhyun pretty well, huh?”

“He is my best friend, I know when he wants to be selfish because he won’t tell me and would want to keep it all to himself, that’s one trait I hate about him but I still manage to accept him as he is nevertheless.”

“But aren’t you always the one who gave way to him? Like even if he is like that, you would still do anything and give up everything you have just for him because you love him and he is your best friend?”

“True, I did say I would do anything for him, even if it means offering my life just for him but –”

“But what?”

 

“For once in my life, I want to be selfish. I have always been selfless and I always gave what I have and could for Baekhyun, but after what he did to me, I don’t think I am giving this up for him."

 

“Woah wait, you are serious? Wow, for someone who loved his best friend dearly, you are something, Hyung.”

 

“He doesn’t deserve it. I don’t think Baekhyun deserves this, he doesn’t deserve Chanyeol. For once, I want to be selfish one, and for once I want to have what is mine, I am not giving this up for him. I love Chanyeol. And I’ll fight for what the Prince and I have for each other until my last breath.”

 

I still couldn’t let everything sink in my head yet, as I realized I was blankly staring at the blue ceiling of our classroom for quite some time. I can see the light of the sun turning bright yellow, telling me that the sun is at its peak and is in the middle of the sky today. I gave out a small sigh as I closed my eyes, trying to process everything in my head, just so I could get out of this miserable boredom I have right now.

 

“You’re staring up to nothingness again.” A small, thin female voice was heard. I got carried away, but probably brought back to life by the said voice, as I let myself look in the direction as to where it came from. The voice was faint, close to a whisper, my head still low at the table as I my left.

 

The weird girl spoke.

 

She was still holding the book in her hands, but she wasn’t looking at it anymore. Her gaze was at me now, as he used her manhwa as a form of cover to hide her face from any one of our classmates who might be looking at her, more like glaring, because she knows the moment she starts striking a conversation with me, the girls around will glare at her for showing such a “shameless act” – that is, what they call it though, most of the students here does, because again, I am treated as a celebrity here.

 

“As if you’ve got a better idea to help me get away from this boredom, then I would stop staring.” I replied as silent as possible, of course I didn’t want my classmates to catch the attention at her because they might take it the wrong way and start bullying her, I looked away from her, sitting up and stretching my arms up high and pretending I was staring somewhere else.

 

“Heh, maybe answering your phone would. It’s been turning on and off for about 30 minutes now.” Her made a small pout using her lips, pointing at my pockets for me to look down on to check.

 

And she wasn’t wrong, my phone was blinking like crazy. I forgot I did put it on silent mode, the reason why I couldn’t and wouldn’t know if anyone was texting or calling me. I picked the gadget up from my pockets to check who it was that is calling me.

 

An unknown number.

10 missed calls.

From the same unknown caller.

Who the is this motherer?

 

I furrowed my brows in utter confusion, who the would call me 10 times? And who the hell is this person? I have never gave my number to anyone, nor have I lost hold of my phone here at school because it has never been snatched before. Not even Kyungsoo-hyung would give my number to just anyone.

 

“So? What are you waiting for? Stop staring at your phone and answer it?” The weird girl retorted, her head even lower than the usual, as if the manhwa she is holding will cover the whole of her head.

 

I rolled my eyes at her, giving her a defeated sigh, I just stared at my phone as it continued to blink with the same unknown number on the screen trying to call me.

 

No way in heavens am I answering this.

 

When the call stopped, I placed my phone on the table, facing down so that I won’t see the flickering light of the screen. I laid my back comfortable at the backrest of my seat, crossing my arms on my chest, my mind in deep thought and obvious confusion plastered on my face.

 

“You didn’t answer it?”

“What is it with you and me answering my phone? It’s my phone and it’s my choice if I want to answer it or not.”

“Jeebus, you were the one wanting to escape the wraths of boredom, so I thought answering the phoe will help you doofus.”

 

I let out a breathy laugh at the name she called me. I didn’t expect that to come out from , but it sure made me feel at home. Never have I ever heard anyone call me by that in this campus, let alone be called handsome all the time.

 

It made me feel happy for moment.

Well at least.

 

“I am looking for a man named Sehun in this classroom, is he present here?”

 

Wait what the ?

 

“Any person by the name of Sehun here? I heard he was a third year, anyone speak up?”

 

Wait wait –

Who the is this????

The voice is so familiar, I heard him somewhere before.

 

A familiar voice boomed from the entrance of the classroom, everyone made a breathy gasp, it sounded like they all did it in chorus, and at that moment, my brows crinkled even further at the sound of my name being called out by a familiar dark and alluring voice.

 

“Sehun? Seeeeeeehuunnniieee?! Someone is calling you? Stop spacing out, you are creeping me out.” The weird girl made a small wave of her hand at my face, just so to make me snap out of it. Since everyone’s attention was averted to the person who called my name, she took the chance of moving her seat a little closer to me just to do such a thing.

 

“Alright alright already!!! Hold your horses.” I turned my head around to check who it was that was calling me from the door when suddenly, immediately as I turned my head to see who it was, a face, a few inches away from mine is already in front of me, as if it was some kind of a greeting or a form of “Hello there, Sehun” that was already just waiting for me to turn and get caught off guard.

 

And yes I got too off guard.

 

My eyed widened, I felt like it turned so round at that moment, as I felt a light breath come across the tip of my nose, I wasn’t looking at the person who was already inches away from me, our foreheads touching. I couldn’t move, I froze on the spot as the person held on to my right arm, which was resting on my desk, as if stopping me from any other unnecessary that I would do sooner or later.

 

As if I could move in this position, I am frozen as hell.

 

“I knew I’d find you here, you weren’t answering any of my calls, so I paid you a visit instead.” I can sense that he was smirking, judging by the confident and playful tone. I blinked a few times just to get me back to reality, before I slowly moved my head to look up at the person who gave me a heart attack.

 

I swear to god I am gonna punch this person’s face for doing this to me.

 

As my eyes landed on the other man’s gaze, I felt like I immediately melted at the sight, and my heart began having these erratic and uneven beats that actually turned so loud I could only hear it and I can’t even hear anything outside anymore.

 

And on second thought.

I don’t wanna punch this person.

In fact, I wanna punch him with so many kisses he will die from saliva and small, sweet nibbles.

Oh god, someone actually answered y prayers.

 

He was wearing just a messy and crumpled black polo, the top buttons undone, his hair was brushed up but very disheveled, as if he just got into a fight earlier and still managed to run away looking breathless and dashing like this. His smirk never left his face, his eyes were only focused on me and me only, his tan skin that was visible on his neck and chest was so soft and healthy, the sun’s rays giving it so much emphasis makes me want to the hell out of it if I want to.

Jeebus krust Sehun, are you even hearing yourself?

You sound like a thirsty .

But it’s okay, I am a for messy Princes.

 

But only for this guy though.

Man, the level of inappropriate thoughts I have right now.

But who in the right mind would not have these kinds of thoughts when you encounter this y beast right in front of me?

 

“Missed me already, Jongin?” I replied with a sly smirk on my face. I didn’t want to let him know that deep inside, I am this close to screaming and making weird whale noises. I didn’t want him to know that I want to hide under the table right now and let my cheeks burn from the redness and the heat that it so badly wants to release –

 

But NO, Sehun.

You can’t blush, you shouldn’t blush and you must not blush.

It’s not cool and it isn’t manly.

Keep your cool, Hun. Keep your cool.

Breath and don’t panic.

Oh god how can I not panic when he is this close to me?

 

I tried my best to keep my composure, because I know I wasn’t the only one witnessing this, but all of my classmates are. I looked around for a little bit, I tried to hold a laugh for a moment seeing their mouths gaping and their eyes darting on much confusion.

 

“We haven’t had playtime in days, so how could I not miss my favorite person?” He still kept our distance close, his left hand reaching for my head as he gave my hair a ruffle. I giggled at the action as I held his arm to make him stop. I earned a laugh from him as I did so, and hearing just that made my stomach turn, there were millions of weird butterflies fluttering down there, and I couldn’t help but lower my head, feeling that my cheeks were slowly heating up at the sudden interaction.

 

I know I denied it so many ing times but –

 

I just can’t lie to myself.

 

I have a HUGE CRUSH on Kim Jongin.

 

Like really H U G E.

 

Ever since I met this guy at the Palace, whenever Hyung and Chanyeol were busy and having their private time together, and whenever Mr. Joker Guy was also busy running around and about the grounds, Jongin will always come around and entertain me.

He would always play video games with me, even during the wee hours of the night.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to sleep early?” I asked one day when we were staying up so late playing the new FPS Game I bought a week ago.

“What does that supposed to mean?” He wasn’t looking my way as his eyes were glued on the TV screen as he was trying to kill a bunch of counter terrorists hiding from behind barrels.

“Well what I mean is, you are a Prince, right? And Princes don’t sleep this late at night, it’s quarter past 2 AM already.”

“Yeah so? And where did you get the idea that Royalties sleep early? In fairy tales?”

“Well, I assumed they do since you guys are always busy and have like duties by the morning and weird tea time sessions.”

“Hunnie, just because we have duties by the morning, doesn’t mean we are always obliged to sleep early, even Chanyeol sleeps at 4 AM from just playing too much of his guitar and singing until his voice sounds like Spongebob.”

“Oh.”

 

And did I mention that I really ing love it when he calls me Hunnie?

 

It sounds like “Honey” but it’s actually just my name.

 

Ever since I met him a few weeks back when I first entered the Palace, I couldn’t understand why I always felt nervous when he is around, even with the littlest and the clumsiest things he does, everything about him is so damn attractive.

 

Maybe this is what they call ‘infatuation’? I mean I adore him a lot.

 

He is handsome.

He is y.

He has the best smile in the Palace. Personally better than Kyungsoo’s Chanyeol.

And he is just. So. ing. Perfect.

 

I can’t call it love yet, since I have yet to discover if these feelings are just a mere crush or something more than that, but as long as we stick by the hip, and I get to know him better, I guess I would figure my feelings out soon.

 

As always, take it slow. Things do come good if you are extra patient.

 

“You have anything in mind?” When my flustered face finally came to calm, I looked back at him with a gentle smile, he replied with the same, slowly getting up from bending his body to equal my gaze, our distance far apart now.

 

I could finally breathe normally. Thank heavens.

 

“Anything that my Hunnie would like to try?”

 

I heard everyone whispering after he said that, small gossips from girls and faint, raspy whispers from the guys. I rolled my eyes at the sudden reaction my classmates gave, making my look back at the weird girl who was beside me. Fortunately enough, she didn’t seem unmoved, she just still looked at me with the same usual expression and shrugged her shoulders at me, raising both her eyebrows, telling me that she doesn’t know what was going on but she doesn’t mind nevertheless. I gave her a small smile and a nod, assuming that she knew what I meant, she just slowly moved her seat back to where her desk was, and went back to reading her manhwa as if nothing happened.

 

Thank heavens also that this weird girl, despite not knowing her name, still doesn’t make a big deal out of the things I am doing.

Unlike these bunch of idiots here, like every small move I do, and every person I met has always been a big deal to them like damn hell.

Can anyone give me a break?

 

“You’re spacing out Hunnie. C’mon then, I’ll take you some place nice.” I wasn’t prepared for the least, as he took hold of my right arm, dragging me off from my seat, as I impulsively stood up because of the sudden physical contact. My brows crinkled again in question, looking at Jongin, not having a damn clue what he was talking about.

 

“Come again? I don’t know what you mean by some place nice.”

“I assume you don’t bring a backpack, so just come with me and don’t start asking too many questions, just trust me on this.” He gave out a quick wink at me before slowly moving his hand down to hold my wrist instead of my arm, quickly taking me out of the classroom. Without hesitation I just followed suit, my eyes trailing at the faces of my classmates, in shock, in question and in utter intrigue about what was going on.

 

Well, I am sorry fella, but I don’t care about what you guys think.

All I am thinking about now is the fact that me and Jongin are going to have the best time of our lives.

 

And just the two of us together makes it even more special.

 

I turned my head back to take a look at the weird girl one last time, just to say goodbye at least as me and Jongin already passed by the blackboard and is halfway to the exit, she looked up from her book, gave me a soft smile and thumbs up, which I don’t understand what it meant but well she is weird so I wouldn’t care any less.

 

“You sure you don’t have any duties today?” I finally asked more comfortably, as the tension in the surroundings finally faded as I was completely out of the classroom.

 

“Nope. I finished all of it earlier this morning. Chanyeol is resting, Kyungsoo is at school today and that’s the valet’s responsibility to I don’t have much to do but think about you."

 

Wait.

 

W A I T.

IS MY MIND PLAYING TRICKS ON ME?

 

DID I HEAR THAT RIGHT?

HE WAS THINKING ABOUT ME?

 

OH GAHD LORD LET ME MELT IN HAPPINESS PLEASE.

 

I lowered my head as I started to grin widely at the words he said, a light pink color probably appeared on my face at just the thought of it. I took into a mental note to always remember this day and the exact words he said, just so I could spend my nighttime thinking about it again later.

 

“Let’s go to the arcades alright? My treat. I want us to have fun.” Was the last sentence I heard before he started running out of the school gates the moment we were out of the campus. I stuttered, I couldn’t let out another word as I had to equal his pace, since he was still holding my hand while we were rushing out.

“W-Wai. . .” I was supposed to slow his speed down when he looked back at me and gave me a handsome smile, after a few seconds then he looked back at where he was going and just continued running.

 

And while I, dumbfounded and star-struck, all I did was stare at him and slowly another smile formed, and this time my cheeks were burning even more than the first time I blushed today.

 

But I didn’t care.

Today I shouldn’t mind.

Today, I won't ing care what the world says, nor will I care about what my classmates say about me.

 

Today, that all. I don't ing care.

 

Today, the important thing is, I am out of my boredom, away from school –

And I get to spend the rest of the day with Jongin.

 

And that is what matters to me right now.

 

I don’t know where this adventure of mine will embark, I don’t know where this will end up.

But all I know is that as long as Jongin is still here, giving me butterflies and getting me off of my feet, making my heart feel crazy things –

Then, that’s all that matter for now, I guess.

 

Now off with my thoughts, Sehun. Focus on the bae.

I am pretty sure this is going to be one of the best days I ever had in my entire existence.

Beat that, Kyungsoo-hyung. You think you’re the only one with the nice love story.

 

But guess what –

Mine’s just the beginning.

 

 

Author’s Notes:

Part one done~!! Hey guys~! ^ u ^ I have decided to separate Chapter 21 in two parts since I realized this was too long to even make it ONE CHAPTER. Lolololol X’DD

I might post Part 2 on a weekend or tomorrow (IF my work schedule gives me free time and permits it, but if not, a weekend then). But for now, please do enjoy some SeKai <3 huhuhuh I have always wanted to make a chapter where it’s only the both of them, since most of the chapters are of course focused on ChanSoo ^ u ^

But I shall dedicate this one to them (SeKai) at least. I miss our baby Sooldier. And I love our pure hearted Chanyeol very much. <3 <3

Thank you for patiently waiting guys ~ > u < I am sorry for ranting the other day, I was really mad and triggered and a tad bit disappointed so yeah, I hope you all understand Q w Q I was pretty much frustrated at that time.

BUT thank you so much for all your warm and motivating messages for me, it made me inspired to work more on these fics u 3u <3

Part Two will be posted soon. Just need to add a few more magical unicorns on that chapter X’D PFFFTT

I hope you enjoy this chapter as well. Q //// Q I love you all U w U

And as per my fave line.

*Puing-puing~^^* Enjoy Reading. <3