Chapter Eleven:

My Royal Punishment

Chanyeol POV: 

 

Morning. This time, I woke up a little bit late today, since there wasn't much to do, and all I have on my list was to actually get myself ready for school. 

 

It's been three months now, since we've been engaged.

 

I got up from bed, flipping the blankets away from me, as I have noticed that Kyungsoo wasn't in bed anymore. 

 

He woke up early again. 

 

I don't know what's bothering him today, I'm worried. 

 

Three months -- it's not really that long, but it was worth the time to get to know each other. 

 

The first few weeks of being engaged were fine, from going to and leaving from school where we never took the day to an end without waiting for each other, since it has already been our habit of going home together. 

 

And there were a lot of things that I discovered as I have observed him too.

 

Some other time too, during the weekends, I noticed that he would usually want someone to accompany him to go somewhere or even just for a night walk, although he would make sneaky plans about night walks, since we weren't allowed to get out of the Palace grounds after 10 pm and he would usually tell me that we could use the secret garden as a pathway out of the Palace.

 

"You can't pass at the secret garden, there are no other places to pass by there and there's just the sea for you to swim on if you could do it."

 

"Chanyeol, trust me. There is a way out of this Palace. You aren't that observant are you?"

 

It's kind of funny since when I ask him to go for a walk he would usually refuse because he's tired from schoolwork and he wants to be alone, but when he starts making cute faces at me and starts whining, then what more could I say.

 

We mostly do night walks though, or hanging around the secret garden too.

 

We even knew that we like going to the same pastry café that was located a few meters from school, where he always ordered the caramel macchiato frappe with a chocolate chip for a snack. 

 

"How come I never see you visit this coffee shop before?"

 

"Soo, there is a term we call 'ninja moves' and if I escape from my bodyguards after class just to get a coffee here I do that. Or sometimes away from the crowd if you know what I mean."

 

"Oh? Then I guess your ninja moves ."

 

"Why so?"

 

"Because I still remember a tall man in a thick jacket and black shades that has always been chased by women here, as if he was their sugar daddy or a criminal of some sort."

 

". . ."

 

I actually find him really fascinating, most especially when he tries to mock me. He would glare at you to death, making you feel nervous all of a sudden and would end up giving you his heart-shaped smile giggling at the reaction you are making.

 

Sly. But still cute. 

 

I also knew that he really had a liking for flower crowns, after we passed by an accessory shop and he asked me if I could buy one for him. I gladly did and it so happened that the owner of the shop really found him cute and gave him another one for free. 

 

"Here, wear it." 

 

"I don't really think I am into those kinds of stuff, Kyungsoo."

 

"You won't know until you try it. Wearing flower crowns are better than Royal crowns sometimes. They make you feel more free."

 

Even at malls, when we roam around, we would never leave the place without watching at least one movie. Eventually too, there are times where we get caught by people, most especially girls and the paparazzi, which result to getting us chased all the time and looking for places to hide at the mall isn't as easy as you think.

 

"How do you even live a life running away from people like you're some kind of criminal all the time?"

 

"Well, welcome to my world, Soo. The slacking off and disguise isn't really as easy as you think it is."

 

Eventually we tried to do some disguises, but to our efforts we still failed since there are "fans" that really know you so well like they were your moms that pushed you out of this world, and knows every detail and personality you possess.

 

But most of the time, we just like to be with each other’s company, no matter where we go, and we try to enjoy it as we can still do, since we promised to make it a deal that given time we have together as "committed persons" and engaged, it would be much satisfying that even at the very least, we have to spend time with each other too, like you know -- friends. 

 

Yeah, friends. 

 

Friends. . . 

 

Over the time that I have spent with him, I have always took note of how my views about him actually changed, even for knowing him in a small span of time seems like I have already entered myself deep into a Pandora's Box.

 

He's sweet. 

 

He's usually cranky when you start disturbing or you try to annoy him while studying or making homework.

 

He wants me to focus whenever we are studying and doesn't want any distractions between us.

 

He sleeps very deeply to the point that you have to fall him off the bed just to wake him up.

 

He likes to eat a lot of jajangmyun especially when he feels uneasy or excited. 

 

He likes watching anime. 

 

He doesn't really like animals but he likes to cuddle cute, stray and fluffy puppies or kittens. 

 

He likes to show people that he's manly through his scary yet squishy looks. 

 

He cannot see well the reason why he glares you to death.

 

I have never seen him cry yet.

 

A short period of time, but it's like I have already known too much about him. It's as if three months were already 4 years, like he has been an open book that welcomed me to read the chapters of his life and I am already at the near end of the book.

 

Although, there was something I noticed about him. 

 

That one characteristic that reminded me of the person I want to forget. 

 

I still remember the time where we watched a movie inside the bedroom before we went to sleep, which was entitled "The Notebook", since we both wanted a break from our studies. We were just sitting on the floor, leaning our backs onto the footboard, we were quiet the usual, and I didn't expect anything to happen between us until he did. I didn't want to think of it as that, but even as we watch movies at the cinema or just at the comfort of our home, he still does the same thing. 

 

Has it always been his habit of lying on someone's shoulder? 

 

We were on the part where the main characters were on their flashback, most especially in the boat scene on the river. The room was pretty quiet and the only light in the room was that from the television.

 

"If life had a love as good as in these movies, everyone should have been happy." 

 

I still remember how he was comfortably wrapped around his blankets, not taking his eyes away from the TV. 

 

"Not really. What if there were people who didn't like to have a partner?"

 

"Those are just hypocrites. As if they can take the world alone but no. Umma said that people have their respective other halves, and even if you have always been a pro or a con about something, that other half of yours will change you entirely, even your views about it." 

 

Umma said. . .

 

He sounds like him too. 

 

"What are you trying to say?"

 

He looked at me with his cute doe eyes, making me pause for a moment, the sound of the television slowly fading as I was engrossed by his stare. But after a few more seconds, as if he was examining my face, he looked back at the movie and ever so suddenly snuggled his head on my shoulder. He leaned on it, carefully and comfortably.

 

That was actually like the 20th time he did that in every movie we watch. Even in times where it's overly silent, where we are so into the movie and have no time to talk, he would just suddenly lie his head on my shoulder.

 

"Everyone has their destined other half. Some might be your exact identical, some total opposites. You will always find your other half at the right time and at the right place, even when your hairs get white, you will always meet him. No one was born to be alone, everyone has someone, that when fingers intertwine are not called 'couple' but 'one'."

 

And then he would just close his eyes and I would feel his breathing on my neck as he falls himself into slumber.

 

His words. 

 

His way of thinking.

 

His habit.

 

His scent. 

 

His touch. 

 

Even the tickle of his hair on my neck. 

 

Is so similar. 

 

Just like him. 

 

Through the time that I had spent with Kyungsoo, there was always a sense of familiarity, like Ibhave already seen him before but at the same time I haven't. Maybe in my dreams, I might have, but in personal, I don't even know who he is fully as a person. 

 

I might be on the state of denial but I never wanted to assume in the first place. I am in the state of uncertainty and at the same time assurance, half of myself telling me he is in fact someone else, and the other tells me that ---

 

He is him. 

 

Kyungsoo is him. 

 

The person that I have always longed for. 

 

But no, he can't. He couldn't. 

 

He can never be him. 

 

He's different. 

 

He was special.

 

Ever since I was a kid. Up until now.

 

He is still the only one that mattered to me even though he left with no word. 

 

I should move on, it was a childish thing. 

 

I was a kid back then.

 

But why can't I stop thinking about him? 

 

"Hyung?" I snapped out of my thoughts, when I heard someone call out from the door. I never realized I have been thinking too deeply, as it finally caught me that I was sitting on my study table, staring at who knows what. 

 

I am already at my Study Room? 

 

I haven't even noticed that I have been sitting here already. 

 

Thoughts, why are you so complicated? 

 

"Come in, Hyung." I looked up from my staring, as I saw Jongin walk up to me, stopping in front of the table.

 

"Have you been thinking?" He asked, raising an eye brow in question.

 

"Nothing much really. I was just, spacing out." I sat up straight as I looked back at him, taking my hands off my head since I was thinking.

 

"Are you thinking about the marriage?" 

 

Now that he mentioned it -- Kyungsoo and I are soon getting married. Although there isn't an exact date when, but for the least we have to make ourselves prepared. 

 

"I am not in a rush for that, don't you think it's a bit early? It's only been three months." Jongin started walking around the room, looking at every nook and cranny as he stopped by the shelves filled with porcelain figurines.

 

"Clever. I have actually been asking them when, but your father wouldn't hesitate if we commence the marriage right away. He would gladly even want that, pray tell." He explained as he ran his fingers along the shelf filled with the Royal Family's figurines.

 

"That's father for you as always. He wants me to sit as the Crowned Prince immediately." I didn't add up anymore remarks as I have felt dismayed at what I heard. 

 

"How is he by the way?" 

 

Who? 

 

"How is who?" I raised an eyebrow looking at my cousin suspiciously. 

 

"How is Kyungsoo?" He stopped fiddling on the figurines, placed his hands on his pockets as he looked back at me. 

 

Why ask? He is none of your concern.

 

"He is well." Was all I could respond as I leaned my elbows on the table, shrugging my shoulders as I looked at him as well. 

 

"I see, how is your relationship with him? Is he being friendly? Or maybe a little arrogant?" He walked around the study again, from the shelves and then to the door. 

 

"Why do you want to know?" I asked him in suspicion. 

 

Oh? He cares for Kyungsoo now huh? 

 

And why do I feel so defensive?

 

"Nothing really. It's just that well, asking how you guys are ain't a bad thing isn't it? Eventually he is going to be apart of this family, so I mind as well want to know him well as much as you do." He said as a matter of fact, his eyes rolling up on the ceiling making a small smile. 

 

I don't know why, but I am starting to get pissed.

 

"Well, okay. He's fine. Nothing much to worry about. He is still Kyungsoo. If you want to know him, you can get to hang out with us sometimes." I suggested as I got up from my seat and moved in front of the door ready to leave the study. 

 

I don't want this talk to take long. 

 

I still find my cousin annoying.

 

Like he's always watching me like a creepy senpai stalker.

 

Although I know he doesn't have a choice since he was tasked to do so.

 

"Really? Hang out with the both of you? Why can't I just like hang out with him only? Am I not allowed to ask him out alone?" He sounded excited as he asked, a smirk drawn on his face as if he was so confident that he could spend time with Kyungsoo alone.

 

Well, sorry but NO.

 

Oh, now you tick me off.

 

I wasn't looking at him since I was facing the door. My right hand was already holding the knob when I began gripping it harder as if I was going to crush it into fine pieces. I stood there silent, feeling my blood starting to boil. 

 

I am so pissed right now.

 

"And who said you were allowed to meet other people's fiancé without permission?" I didn't look back, as I realized my tone went back to the usual monotonous one. I didn't show him that I was, well mad, as I would say it, lowering my head just to let my bangs cover the furrowed eye brows. 

 

"I never said that I will not ask permission from you. Of course, I know and I respect that he is your fiancé, but you don't need tl be harsh about it. You don't even like him in the first place." 

 

. . . I want to punch his perfect teeth now

 

My grip got tighter as I had to let the knob go and turn myself around to face Jongin. I looked at him with expressionless, dark eyes before I let out a small sneer. 

 

"You don't have the right to question what has been between me and MY fiancé's relationship. If you want to know him and get along with him, you shall only do so when I am around and not when he is off my sight without my consent, you understand me?" I raised my brows as I made a resting face. He then chuckled, as he looked away from me and smirked. 

 

"You are not serious, Chanyeol. I am also a Prince. May I remind you." I can see that our eyes were burning in hatred as we looked at each other straight. I wasn't going to let him get in the way with this and try to pry on what I am doing because he has no right to do so.

 

"You might be a Prince, but let me remind you that I am the next in line to the throne. I am still the Crowned Prince, even as it has not been fully announced. Let me remind you who you are under in command." I stood up straight and lifted my head high to show him that despite his position as a Prince, he is still under my family's supervision, and whatever order he is indeed being asked of, he shall need to follow. 

 

"This is an order, Jongin." 

 

"Clever. Very well, my dear cousin. You can always just remind me of who I am, and not tell me of what I am in this family." He said as he walked forward to pass by me, purposely bumping my shoulder as I have felt him pissed. He opened the door without a word, hearing the creaks as I wasn't looking back at him. He slammed the door pretty loudly and closed shut. 

 

At least he should know where he needs to belong. 

 

He is a Prince but he isn't crowned officially as one. 

 

So am I, although I was chosen by birth to be the Crowned One. 

 

Which makes me a little superior than he is

 

I sighed in relief as Jongin has finally got out at last. I honestly don't want him around me all the time. Even when we were kids, to me he was a major show off, most especially to my father.

 

Or maybe because I was a little bit jealous. 

 

That father would rather spend his time with him than me. 

 

That father appreciates everything that he does than mine. 

 

That father treats him well unlike me. 

 

And that father trusts him more than me. 

 

I know I told myself that I will try not to care. 

 

But how can I not when it hurts to know that your father likes someone else's son and not his own? 

 

I tried to brush the thought. I didn't want to think about how I was such a big bit of a disappoinent to my father. I actually have no idea why he has always been cold to me ever since I was little, but despite the fact that I still love him, and I have always wished that he would see how much effort I would take just to please him.

 

I'll just try and check up on Kyungsoo now.

 

He's a better ray of sunshine to keep me happy for the day. 

 

At the very least he makes me smile despite the thoughts that has always bothered me. 

 

I went out of the Study Room as I proceeded to the Right Wing to head to our bedroom when suddenly I stopped on my steps to see my doe-eyed fiancé already out of the room, all neat and prepared for school in his ironed uniform.

 

He looks kind of lonely.

 

Sometimes when I just watch him from afar, he seems a little bit sad.

 

Mostly before, when I am busy at my study, and I would go out to get a breather, I would see him looking like that.

 

He looked a tiny bit upset, although if you weren't such a keen observer, you won't even see it plastered on his face. Even if he feels that way, he just still acts like a child who hasn't seen these kind of roses out of curiosity, and still manages to show them even a little bit of happiness amd affection. 

 

I furrowed my eyes a bit, scanning him from a distance before attempting to go near him. I was actually trying to figure out if there was a way I could do to at least ease his loneliness here in the Palace. 

 

I think I might make a little surprise for him later

 

"You're out already? I thought you still wanted a little more sleep?" I caught his attention, as he was taking interests on the white roses on a large bush, caressing them with his hands before he snapped out and looked at my direction. 

 

"You're here. I have been waiting for you." He let his hand rest on his side as he waited for me to walk towards him. When I reached him, he then turned his body around to face me with a gentle smile.

 

"You ready to leave for school?" 

 

"I am but it seems you're the one who isn't." He made a small giggle as he pinpointed about the still messy clothes that I was wearing, freshly out from the bed. I smiled, seeing him quite amused as the thought, slumping my shoulders as I sighed. 

 

"You'll have to go ahead, I guess. I need to stay for a little since my father will be meeting me today." 

 

"Oh. . . I see." I can see the pout on his face as he lowered his head and furrowed his brows looking away from me. 

 

Is he sad? 

 

Is he disappointed that I can't come with him to school? 

 

"Are you alright?" I tilted my head a little on the left to see the expression plastered on his face when he suddenly the other side just to keep me from looking at him. 

 

"Yes."

 

How cute, as always

 

"Are you feeling okay?" This time I rotated on the other side just to see him but still the same thing happens. 

 

"I said I'm alright, okay?"

 

"Then why are you trying to avoid my gaze?" I chuckled, hearing a breathy pout from him as he was already facing away, and all I can see was his back. 

 

"Because. . ." He mumbled as I tried to move towards him a little closer, bending my head to the right to lay my chin on his shoulder. I scanned him from there and realized that he was facing on the other direction. 

 

"Because what?" 

 

". . . You won't come to school with me. Again." His tone went from mad to actually sad. He lowered his head again, looking on the ground as I have finally walked up in front of him, seeing his face down and unhappy. 

 

I swear, his emotions are surely pure and true. 

 

And I never knew he felt this way not until now. 

 

To be honest, there were really times where we couldn't go to school together because of my Palace duties, and I duid notice that this was the face he would usually show me when I tell him that I won't. 

 

Although most of the time we would go home from school together. And there wasn't a day that we didn't. 

 

And how he is acting right now, took me by surprise. 

 

I feel kind of happy though. 

 

It feels like that he 'needs' me.

 

"Why are you thinking of it that way? We will always see each other later at the campus, we could always eat lunch together if you want." Placing one hand on his shoulder as I patted it softly just to make him feel better. I made a wide grin, just to show him that I would do it for him and that he should just have to trust me. 

 

"Okay. . ." Was his only reply, faint and low. Looking on to the side without even sparing me a glance. 

 

Does he really feel that way? 

 

"I am sorry, but you see I am needed to be here for a while. I know it's kind of difficult to enter the school without me because of the crowd, but I'll assure you, you'll be fine." I moved even closer to him, cupping his chin to face me as I leaned my forehead onto his. He raised his head a little to adjust, making us do eye contact. 

 

I know you sometimes feel nervous about the crowd, but it's okay. 

 

I promised to always be there for you. 

 

But I really need to stay.

 

"Jongdae will be there. Don't worry. I'll see you in school. We'll eat together, I promise." He nodded slightly, smiling at me as he broke contact. 

 

"Now, I'm sure that I'll be okay. Jongdae will sure hide me away somewhere under his sleeve." He giggled, making little cute sounds, his heart-shaped smile shone brightly under the mirning light. 

 

"The car is ready, you need to go now, or you'll be late." I reached out for his small hand, warm and soft, squeezing it lightly as he swung our arms like how kids walk on parks and playgrounds. 

 

"I'll see you then okay?" He filled in the spaces between my fingers, as I felt shivers run down my spine. It was a new feeling to me, and for the first time, he was the one who initiated the touch. 

 

Usually it would be just me, since I would sometimes like to pester him when he's serious or when he isn't in the mood just to make him smile. I know how I have such a lovely penchant for cute stuff, most especially Kyungsoo who is squishy and cute as well. I also have that habit of actually pinching his cheeks so hard, or sometimes rustling his hair, which makes him smile for the least. 

 

But nonetheless, it feels good

 

"Yeah, I'll see you." And with a smile, letting go of my hand, he gave out a small wave and went out on his way. He didn't look back, even though I was expecting him to. I watched him as a bodyguard guided him down his steps to the entrance, and soon he was out of my sight. Jongdae was already or probably in the car now, since he didn't really have much to do this morning. 

 

Jongdae will do such a great job at this. 

 

I hope he'll be fine. 

 

Take care, Soo

 

---

 

Kyungsoo POV:

 

The ride to school was somehow quiet. I was sitting on the right side at the back seat, trying to distract myself as I looked out of the window and watched the leaves fall from tall trees. 

 

"You seem to be extremely quiet today, Your Highness." I flinched a little bit, as I looked onto my left to see Jongdae with a concerned look. He was sitting comfortably on the left, his hands resting on his knees. 

 

Wait a minute, what does he mean by extremely quiet? 

 

Haven't I always been super quiet even before I met Chanyeol and this incident happened?  

 

"I -- ugh. . . I beg your pardon?" I looked at him with a curious look before he started chuckling at the question.

 

"I mean like you know, you might not talk much, but at the very least you try to communicate moderately as possible before. Is there something bothering you?" He tilted his head in curiosity, never leaving his eyes off me. 

 

I can feel my mouth opening and then closing again, as I was trying to think of a reason why I wasn't even in the mood to talk right now. Even I don't really know myself, or rather I couldn't really figure out why. 

 

"I-I . .  I'm f-fine, Jongdae, there isn't really anything to worry about really." I looked away, focusing my sight back at the window, not wanting the valet to know what was going on with me. I took a little peek at what he did using my peripheral vision, when I realized he just shrugged it off and leaned back on his seat again. 

 

When I felt that the coast was clear, and it wasn't awkward to move anymore, I leaned my back on the comfy seat as I didn't let my eyes off the window. 

 

Why do I feel so down today? 

 

Is this because I haven't ate breakfast this morning? 

 

Or have I woke up a little bit late? 

 

Or maybe because. . . 

 

Because Chanyeol didn't come with me to school today. 

 

When that thought drifted into my head, I then felt a sudden pang of hurt in my chest. It was a kind of ache that actually tries to squeeze your heart until you can never breathe nor beat. 

 

But he promised to eat lunch with me right? 

 

He will show up to me later

 

This is what I meant when I said I was scared about Chanyeol, it's because of the mere fact that I might grow and get attached to him too much. After the Engagement, we both agreed to try and know each other well, and me as a good and law abiding citizen of this country happily agreed to his terms. 

 

It was the least I could do to make him feel that I voluntarily and willingly wanted to fulfill my promise to him. 

 

But I guess I went on out too much than I expected it to be. 

 

There was a feeling of emptiness inside whenever I make myself remember that Chanyeol isn't here. I still remember the first few days where he was busy with his father's plans and partnerships, eventually couldn't go to school with me or never showed his face at all, everything about it for me was purely and a hundred percent fine. 

 

But now I am actually asking myself why doesn't it feel fine that he isn't here? 

 

And why does it feel so lonely? 

 

"We're here, Your Highness. You are left being spaced out again." I realized that the door was already open for me, and Jongdae was practically waving a hand in front of my face, realizing that I have already been into my deeply thinking again. I shook my head a few times, bowing my head and apologizing to him and the bodyguards for my weird actions.

 

Wake up, Soo, you're already in school. 

 

But you can do this, it's just a crowd. 

 

I wish you were here, Chanyeol

 

I held on to Jongdae's wrist, like what I usually did when Chanyeol was here, but instead of actually hiding behind Jongdae's back, I didn't. I stood straight like formal Royal and walked a little bit more faster, matching the valet's pace. 

 

I have to face my fear when he isn't here. I don't want to disappoint Chanyeol. 

 

I would rather want to hide behind him, he's more comfy to hide at. 

 

Chanyeol always makes me feel safe

 

When I have already entered the campus, and the coast was clear, I let go of Jongdae's hold, as a bodyguard gave him his knapsack with mine as well. 

 

"I'll head off to my classroom now; you should probably do the same too. It's five minutes 'til time." I smiled at him gently as I placed my bag at my back. 

 

"Are you sure you do not want me to accompany you to your classroom?" 

 

"No, I'll be fine from here." And with a small nod, he smiled, signaling the bodyguards to head out of the school grounds as they did so. 

 

"He'll be here, don't worry." He made a small pat on my shoulder before he turned around and went on to his own building. He was a politics major, as he had told me that he wanted to be like his father. On the other hand, Chanyeol took the same major as mine, somehow it's closely related to being a medical surgeon but well, still a doctor. Although as remembered, he is a year older than me, which males him a junior, and I, a sophomore.

 

I held onto the straps of my bag as I sighed heading off to my own class, timing that the bell rang. 

 

I hope I see him today. 

 

Pendant, he never fails me ---

 

Right?

 

---

 

Sehun POV:

 

Well, I was just happily lying on my bed, since my shift at the coffee shop was now done. I don't usually have classes during the afternoon, so I take a part-time job at the café near our school. 

 

"You won't know how it feels to have your own stuff until you try earn them." A quote Umma would usually say to me, the reason why I had to push my off my gaming consoles and lovely bed just to slack off and find a job of my own. 

 

And that is how I actually got loads of my stuff. From games, my large pillows and clothes. I got them all from the 'hard work' I implanted on that café I was working on. 

 

And eventually it did go well for me. 

 

Let's face it, my family isn't rich -- it's just that we are too middle class enough to afford anything and everything in this world. We aren't elites nor are we fortunate, we just have a lot of racket to pull off from our sleeves, and ideas to actually show the masses. 

 

Me and my big baby hyung, Kyungsoo, are actually scholars. Although we both school at a different university, we managed to have the brains to pass the entrance exams with flying colors. Scratch that, actually we flew with too much colors because we actually aced those exams. 

 

It's easy anyways. I am one lazy couch potato who hates to study anyways, they're all easy anyway.

 

And to be honest, ever since we started schooling from nursery 'til now, which is college, Umma and Appa never spent a cent or two for our schooling. 

 

Which is why I meant we got the brains to pull off and survive the littlest of poverties in our lives. 

 

My brother and I work part-time. He on a certain pastry shop or bakery while I work at a café. Although he had to stop since my baby hyung miraculously got himself engaged with the country's Crowned Prince. He stopped a few weeks ago, and fully placed all his mind and soul to the Royal thingamajigs. 

 

Funny how he actually fell in love with a Prince. And how the Prince loved him back. 

 

I wonder how they actually met. 

 

Or how they even came to be something

 

I always try to remember the days where he stayed in his room for almost the whole day, and I would sneak into his room and find him walking back and forth. Probably because he was a tad bit nervous about the announcement. Or sometimes I find him hanging out alone at the shop where he used to work at just to distract himself.

 

Still a baby. Can't handle huge things on his own sometimes. 

 

I call him my baby hyung since he does look like a baby and he's short.

 

And I am taller than him.

 

I was actually lazily lying on my bed, pressing buttons on my phone, scanning social media and gaming networks when my phone turned black and a phone call showed up. 

 

An unknown number huh? 

 

Who the hell would disturb me at this time of the afternoon now? 

 

I rolled my eyes, I was this close to not answering the call, but then as curiosity hit me with wonder, so to say I think this actually came from our genes, I slid the green symbol on to the right side of the screen to answer the call. 

 

"Hello?" I sat up from my position as I raised an eye brow, hearing only a bit of silence. 

 

"Oh, uhm, is this Sehun?" The voice was deep, kind of like a man. He seemed like his pinched his nose to sound a little bit airy, but I guess it might be due to the background that sounds like a herd of people walking. 

 

"Yeah, you are speaking to him, and you do know that this is my number obviously." This guy really. He called my number and asks if this was me speaking? Talk about common sense. 

 

"Ahhh ~ right. Sorry about that. This is Chanyeol by the way."

 

I abruptly placed the phone away from my ear after hearing his name. I paused for a moment of small silence. 

 

Chanyeol? 

 

The Prince Chanyeol? 

 

What does he want from me? 

 

I cleared my throat for a little while before placing the phone back to my ears

 

"Oh, hey, ugh Your Excellency. What is to be of my help since you called?" I tried to tone my voice down, I felt like I was a little bit harsh on him earlier, since I get used to my " please don't talk to me" personality. 

 

"Oh nothing much really. I just wanted to ask a small favor from you." He made out a breathy chuckle, which actually made me wonder if he was really someone of hus young age or an old man.

 

The Prince? Asking favors from someone like me? 

 

You have got to be kidding me

 

"Okay? I am listening." I furrowed my brows, wondering what it was. I mean like, it is an honor that the Prince would ask a favor from you, and it's actually pretty rare.

 

"I actually asked your parents if it's okay with them, and since I alreadu have their consent, I guess it's time to ask if it's okay with you."

 

He asked Umma and Appa for approval? 

 

What is this all about? 

 

"What is it?"

 

"Ommo, is it okay for you if you could like live in the Palace while your brother is still here? I mean like, I have noticed him sometimes feeling a bit lonely, and since he doesn't have a lot of people to talk to here, I think it would make him happier if his little brother is here." 

 

Ohhhh, very caring are we? 

 

No wonder Hyung likes you.

 

Or loves you so much rather

 

"Oh really? How has he been by the way?" I laid down, leaning my head on one of the circular pillows that I like the most. 

 

"He's fine, we ate lunch together today and he seemed happy. I wanted to give him a form of surprise and nothing came into my head not until I remembered you and your closeness to Kyungsoo." 

 

Impressive. He is very observant everytime he visits the house sometimes. 

 

I guess surprising my baby hyung isn't a bad thing right? 

 

"Sure, why not? Since my parents agreed, what are the odds of saying no? I'll get myself packing now, and I'll bid them here good bye for a while." I shrugged my shoulders, as if he could even see that. 

 

I miss my hyung anyways. It's been a while. 

 

I'll miss my room though.

 

And this house. 

 

It's gonna be temporary anyways. They'll need more of their smoochy time when they get married. 

 

For now, I'll try to be there for hyung while I can.

 

"That's gonna be great! Don't worry, my driver will fetch you there, and your room is ready at the Palace, I have heard you have loads of consoles there, you can bring them too if you want."

 

"Nice. Sure thing then. What time is the service gonna be here?" I smirked, feeling delighted when I heard I could bring my stuff at the Palace. It would be a cool thing to live there, and what adventures I can take myself into. 

 

New things to discover and see I guess

 

"He'll be there in a while, and he'll give yo specific instructions in what to do later." 

 

"Sure. I'll start packing then. See you around, Your Highness." 

 

"Great. Goodbye then." And with that the call ended smoothly. I sighed lightly, feeling excited and a little bit nervous as to what will happen later. I got out of my bed, picked up and empty backpack beside my nightstand and went to open my closet. 

 

Well, whatever, I don't really care what happens later as long as I surprise hyung. I'll just brush the thought there isn't anything to be nervous about. 

 

Just the ing huge place, I guess.

 

I then began to pick up some shirts and pants to be brought at the Palace, and just simply threw it anywhere on the bag.

 

Let the packing begin

 

--- 

 

Kyungsoo POV:

 

Dismissal. Boy, what a day. I actually had a stressful time in school, most especially when we had our lab practical. It was all about how we can detect if there were microbes on cells or not. I had a difficult time viewing on the microscope due to my eyesight. Most especially that my eyeglasses were thick-framed and round. 

 

Huuuuhhh, but luckily enough I passed. And even more fortunate I got the highest score.

 

The next was actually identifying different kinds of bacteria. A bit hard especially on the shapes like cocci-circular or rods. 

 

I sighed at the thought, hoping to actually pass the test, the results will then be posted tomorrow morning. 

 

I hope I can ace this

 

"I see that you're thinking of something, does it really get you bothered?" I heat of breathe was felt at the nape of my neck, realizing the deep voice heard and the probably tall kind of aura even from behind. 

 

The familiar yet unknown feeling of his warmth. 

 

Even from behind I know his presence very well.

 

It's as if I have known him for so long

 

"You're here, I am glad." I turned around to see him with a toothy grin. I smiled back, reaching out for his hand. I held onto it as he squeezed my hand.

 

"Are you always that happy when I arrive?" He asked as he raised an eye brow. We walked down the steps as we exited the building. 

 

"Not really, I just feel fine when you're here." I swung our hands for fun as we have reached where the cars were being parked, the bodyguards were waiting. 

 

"By the way, there is something I want to show you later when we get home." He stopped for a while as he wanted to look at me in the eye. He was making small jumps, like a kid who wanted to show how great he was in a puppet show or something. 

 

He looks kind of excited about what he's going to show me

 

"Okay? Sure why not. I am always happy to know what that is." We went back to walking as we have finally reached the cars. 

 

"How was school you two?" Jongdae called out from the other side of the car, the door open as he was actually waiting for us to get in. 

 

"We'll tell you when we get back to the Palace." Chanyeol replied as he opened the back door for me to get in as I did. He went in next before closing from behind while Jongdae did the same at the car ahead of ours, as he closed the front door shut. 

 

"Can you give me a clue of what you are going to show me?" I looked at him as he was sitting on the left side of the seat, looking calmly out the window before giving me a warm smile. 

 

"You'll see when we get home." Was his only reply before looking back at the window. 

 

"Okay ~ whatever you say." I singsonged before I comfortably sat back and relaxed myself as we were awaiting to get home. Trying to hide my excitement as to what he was going to show me.

 

- A Few Minutes Later - 

 

As I have stepped into the Palace Grounds, exiting the car as we went up the steps to the gates. 

 

"I think you might want to go up first and see for yourself." Chanyeol said from behind, as I looked at him furrowing my brows. He only gave me a shrug, his hand gesturing me to go ahead. I looked away and did as he had wanted me to, wondering what was it that he wanted to show me. 

 

If he's gonna give me a large puppy with curly white fleece I am so gonna name him Yeollie.

 

When I reached the end of the steps, I saw nothing but just the entrance to the Palace. I looked around to see if there was anything yet to no avail. 

 

Is he trying to play around with me? 

 

Is this another one of his jokes? 

 

Chanyeol, please. 

 

I rolled my eyes, face palming as I rubbed my temple

 

"Hyung?" I was about to turn around and scream Chanyeol to shame when I heard a familiar voice that I haven't heard for so long. I slowly turned to my right, to see who it was, and when I saw even the slightest color of the sneakers the person was wearing, I already knew who it was. 

 

"Sehun??" Alas, our sights meet, seeing him actually wearing his pajamas and wearing his usual white beanie, with the color of his hair still as colorful as ever. 

 

"Hyunnngggg!!!" Sehun suddenly ran to me, and when he reached me he hugged me tightly, close enough to squeeze me to death as I hugged him back. 

 

"I missed you, Hun. What are you doing here?" 

 

"I came here as a surprise for you. I'll be staying at the Palace for the meantime." 

 

"Wait what? Really?" I broke the hug as I held on to his arms looking at him straight in the eye. He was smiling and nodding to me as he hugged me tightly again. 

 

"Umma and Appa are fine with it, as long as I take good care of you and blah blah blah." He rolled his eyes at me, as I laughed at the expression he had to pull out. Seeing him again made me feel so overwhelmed, giving me a feeling of home once again. 

 

I really missed you, Hun. 

 

I swear, I will literally die here of silence especially when I am alone and Chanyeol isn't around.

 

Oh how I miss this feeling so much.

 

"I see that you guys are having a good time, reunited once again." Chanyeol came to view, his arms behind his back as he looked at the both of us happily. 

 

"Of course, and it wouldn't be possible without you." I broke the contact with Sehun, as I impulsively rushed to Chanyeol's direction and gave him a hug. I didn't know why I wanted to do it, but maybe because I felt too overwhelmed and happy that I couldn't believe that he could do this for me. 

 

"Thank you. Thank you so much." My arms were wrapped around his neck, secured and fine as I tiptoed a little to reach his height. It took a few more seconds for me to feel his hands on my waist, supporting my as he gave in to the hug, his head lying comfortably on my shoulder. 

 

I know before hugging him was a bit awkward at first, but now it actually just feels fine. 

 

And like everything that I do with him, it has never felt wrong nor awkward -- 

 

It always felt right. 

 

"Of course, as I promised, I will always take care of you." He whispered on to my ear, as I felt his lips touch my shoulder after. It was kind of weird, as if he was nipping on to my neck but it didn't matter to me anymore as I wanted to just feel the spur of the moment with him. 

 

Like I said before, I was kind of scared that I might get attached to Chanyeol. 

 

But then I guess, this was a sign given to me that there isn't anything to be afraid about. 

 

And that everything will be fine eventually. 

 

I guess, having Chanyeol by my side all the time won't be a bad thing right? 

 

Yeah. It won't.

 

Never will it be.

 

---

 

——————————————————

 

Author's Note:

 

Chapter Eleven done ~!!! 

 

I am really sorry for the super 90000x late update T u T 

 

I have been very busy with the end of the semester requirements, and by the time I try to update this chapter, I always get tired and I suddenly go to sleep without my knowing T n T <\3

 

My very deep apologies everyone. 

 

Nevertheless, I can spend time updating without being so restless. ^^

 

Anyways, there you guys have had a first glimpse of Sehun's thoughts, and he is practically the lazy, smart type of guy. You'll see more of him soon on the later chapters. 

 

But for now, enjoy ~!! <3

 

Thank you for your patience everyone~ I love you all T u T 

 

Happy Reading~!!

 

*puing-puing~^^*