Chapter Seven:

My Royal Punishment

No One's POV:

 

"It does look good on you, you know." Chanyeol examined him from top to bottom, nodding at himself, sitting on the edge of the bed. 

 

Kyungsoo was standing up looking on each side of the clothing that he was wearing. He looked at it with suspicion and uncertainty. He wasn't sure if it actually suits him well or is because he was just too small for it. 

 

"Don't I look like a small kid wrapped around too much fabric? It looks big on me." 

 

"You look perfect Kyungsoo. I picked those most especially for you. Umma will like to see you in that. Trust me" Chanyeol leaned his arms on the on the bed, satisfied on watching the view that was in front of him.

 

'Cute. He looks definitely like a Princess.'

 

---

 

They were already at Chanyeol's room, which was basically not 'his' room anymore but more so it was now their room. It was just situated beside the Study Room, and it wasn't that much of a problem to reach their destination.

 

Kyungsoo on the other hand, when he first entered the room was quite amazed at how wide the room was, entering it was not only a bedroom itself, it looked more like a suite in a prestigious hotel. 

 

"Is this even a bedroom?" Kyungsoo looked at Chanyeol suspiciously, the taller walking forward first leading Kyungsoo to where the bed exactly was. 

 

"It isn't exactly just a bedroom, I asked my parents if they could make this like a small studio apartment for me, since it's kind of a hassle for me to walk all over the Palace just to go to a bathroom, or to eat at the Dining Hall."

 

There were mini versions of rooms in every corner; there was a mini-dining room, which was actually a small bar with high seats. Kyungsoo awed at the features, thinking that once in a while Chanyeol would try to mix drinks and drink them, seeing the shelves lined and filled with imported whine that were taken from different countries, as he have figured. There was a small living room as well, which probably served as a guest room at the same time. 

 

"This is the Master's Bedroom, or people would usually say." Chanyeol let the smaller enter the room first, as he opened on side of his double entry door. 

 

"Ohhh, it looks grand." Kyungsoo was amazed to see the bedroom was spacious and looked like a room where some famous celebrity would sleep on -- a large queen-sized bed, a large bathroom from across with a sliding glass door, vintage cabinets with a height that actually reached the ceilings, a large study table on the right if the bed and a night stand not far from the left of it as well. 

 

"It's not really much but it's as good as I like it." Chanyeol smiled as he sat down on the from end of the bed, fascinated as he looked at Kyungsoo's reaction. 

 

"This is too much for me though." Kyungsoo shrugged as he looked at the Prince. 

 

"That doesn't matter, you'll be staying here most of the time now anyways. But for now, you are now to were what has been prepared for you." Chanyeol smiled as he stood up and handed that clothes that were lying on the bed earlier, making Kyungsoo turn to the bathroom. And without any word, Kyungsoo just tilted his head, scanning the clothing as he proceeded to the bathroom.

 

---

 

He was wearing traditional Hanbok, not to mention that the clothes looked more like a woman's kind of clothing. The top part was colored in blue, with gold curvy designs on the sleeves. His goreum or the cloth string from his chest down to his upper thigh was colored in black. 

 

The last part that Kyungsoo was worried about the most was that, he wasn't wearing the usual men's Baji or pants, rather, he was wearing a Chima or skirt that was long as colored in silky white. 

 

"Are you sure these are the clothes you asked for? I doesn't seem like this was the clothes for me." The shorter said as he looked at Chanyeol with brows furrowed.

 

"You look fine, and Umma told me that you exactly look astonishing with this." Chanyeol, still amused, looking at Kyungsoo as he wiggled his eye brows, giving out a smile of assurance. 

 

"Well. . . Okay. Like I have any other choice." He looked down on the floor as pouted, trying to figure out why his clothes were like that.

 

'He looks so good in women's clothes. Maybe some other time I might make him try to wear Kitty Maid ones too.' Chanyeol thought as he placed a finger over his mouth in thought, smiling widely to himself as Kyungsoo looked back at him with a raised brow.

 

"What are you smiling at?" Kyungsoo was folding his hands on his chest, tapping on one foot as he waited for the other to answer. 

 

'Don't tell you were the one who picked my clothes just to make fun of me, Park Chanyeol.'

 

"What? Nothing, I was just thinking of something funny."

 

"Funny? Or are you the one who picked my clothes just to make me a laughing stock?" He was now placing his hands on either sides of his waist as he looked at Chanyeol judgingly.

 

"Uhm no of course, why would I do that? Besides, I am not good at picking clothes especially if it's for someone else's, so I asked Umma about it." The Prince raised both his arms in the air in defeat, as Kyungsoo's face a mild inch close to his. 

 

"Really?"

 

"Honest."

 

'Knock knock!!!'

 

A knock on the door was heard, and as it slowly opened, Jongdae then came into view. 

 

"Was there any discussion between the two of you that I have disturbed?" The valet asked as he peeped on door, only showing half of his body. 

 

"No no, we weren't talking about anything special." Kyungsoo retorted as he tried to lift up some of the skirt's thick clothing.

 

"Oh I see, the King and Queen is now asking for your presence, and Kyungsoo --" Jongdae said before he was about close the door.

 

"What is it?"

 

"It suits you. The King and Queen will be very pleased." After he said those words, he gave the couple a quick nod, then closing the door before them.

 

"Well, I guess we better get going." Chanyeol stood up as he went up to the full body mirror beside the bathroom, as he fixed the golden emblem on his right chest, then picking up his sash from the night stand and wore it around his chest. 

 

"Yeah, but are you sure you ain't lying about my clothes?" Kyungsoo's sight followed Chanyeol's trail, his eyes with utter suspicion, as the Prince passed by him to open the door for them. 

 

"Princes are not to lie, right? So yes, I am honest. Umma picked those up for you." He twisted the lock and soon opened the door, making a hand gesture for Kyungsoo to exit first. The shorter did so, as Chanyeol followed from behind, closing the door then after.

 

When they reached the Dining Hall, which was located at the Right Wing, had more of a vintage style feature of a room with long-length tables and tall wooden chairs. There was only one long table in the middle of a large room, with a large chandelier from above, shiny wooden floor which was cleaned and polished excellently, and lastly the cabinets filled with china ware, even from afar he could see the utensils to be used were made of those as well.

 

Kyungsoo looked up, mesmerizing the place, as he felt so little and so much like a commoner when he came in. Yes, it was just a place where they would eat food and all, but it looked more sophisticated than he expected. 

 

"I-It's h-huge. . ." Kyungsoo always had the habit of being a little too insecure, as he hid behind Chanyeol's back nervously, gripping on to the other's right arm. 

 

"You'll he alright. Don't be nervous. Act normal, just like what you did when they went to your house." Chanyeol looked back at him, giving him an assuring smile as he used his free hand to hold Kyungsoo's, squeezing it lightly. 

 

The shorter gulped, as they were nearing the table. He can feel his hands sweating in anxiousness as he tried to inhale and exhale a few times just to calm himself down. 

 

'You can do this Kyungsoo, don't feel nervous. Get your hopes up.'

 

When they arrived at the table, the Queen, who is sitting at the left side of the King stood up, smiling gently as she greeted her son and his fiancé to the table.

 

"My son, it's so nice to have you here to eat with us. Most especially you, Kyungsoo." She bowed her head lightly to Kyungsoo, as the other then got out from behind and gave the gesture to the Queen, but with his hand that was still locked on to Chanyeol's arm. 

 

'He's so cute when he's shy.' Chanyeol thought as he looked fondly as Kyungsoo. He then wiggled his arm light to let Kyungsoo go of his grip from it, letting the shorter's hand meet the Prince's. Kyungsoo's eyes widened as he felt the sudden contact, slowly looking down to the side to see that their hands were interlocked with each other. 

 

Little did Kyungsoo know that his cheeks were starting to burn a little light tinge of pink.

 

"It's been a pleasure to have you here in the Palace, Kyungsoo. I want you to feel comfortable since this will soon be your new home." The King said in a deep and commanding manner, looking at Kyungsoo making a smile. 

 

"T-Thank you, Your Highness. I assure you that I will much enjoy my stay here at the Palace." Kyungsoon bowed once again before he felt Chanyeol dragging him forward to the right side of the table where they would be sitting. The Prince then let go of Kyungsoo's hand, as he opened the third chair from the middle for the latter to sit in.

 

"You don't have to do that you know, I could pick the chair up for m---"

 

"It's okay. I want to." Chanyeol smiled as he gestured Kyungsoo to sit down. The latter nodded as he worked his way, fixing his skirt before he could comfortably sit down. When he was fixed on his seat, Chanyeol proceeded to sit down on the second seat, in between Kyungsoo and the King. 

 

The eating began not to long as the maids went in to place food on their table. Chanyeol silently gestured Kyungsoo to get some, as he knows the shorter was still a little bit shy. Kyungsoo, on the other hand, took some food, but only of a minimal, since he was still kind of conscious because it was the very first time he dined with the King and the Queen.

 

"You look good in your clothes Kyungsoo. I hope you liked what I picked for you." The Queen began the conversation, as she was sipping on her bowl of soup lightly.

 

"Ohhh, uhmmm. . . yes, Your Highness. I really love it." Kyungsoo gave out a genuine smile to the Queen, nodding in agreement as well. 

 

"I feel flattered. Chanyeol told me you would look good in them, he said you would look like a Princess." The Queen happily said as her eyes soon turned into crescents. 

 

Chanyeol choked on the juice that he was drinking when he heard the words his mom said, slowly looking to his side to see Kyungsoo now staring at him with the most neutral poker face he can make. 

 

'Oh so you didn't pick the clothes but this was your idea huh?' Kyungsoo thought as he slowly raised an eye brow at Chanyeol.

 

"I --- augh... Aish ah nii. . . I just quite imagined you wearing them and yeah I thought it would really look good on you. . ." Chanyeol was stuttering, looking at different directions but Kyungsoo. He scratched the back of his neck as a visible blush of pink was seen on his large ears. 

 

"Aww, you don't have to be shy, Channie. Actually Kyungsoo, he just wanted you to look more elegant when we see you." The Queen said as a matter of fact. 

 

Kyungsoo looked back at the Queen and just nodded at what she had said, believing her words but only half of it, since he still wanted to know why Chanyeol had sprung up such an idea like that. 

 

"Sorry, I'm late." A voice echoed at the hall as they heard the entrance close shut then after. Footsteps were heard nearing the table, as the four people where were sitting there began to look at who it was that will have to join their meal.

 

Kyungsoo's eyes widened as he saw the good-looking gentleman that he wasn't really expecting to see again for today.

 

Prince Jongin. 

 

He was wearing his best smile the usual, as he bowed before them before he proceeded to sit beside the Queen, facing Kyungsoo.

 

"I deeply apologize for being late; I was obliged to do round-ups in the Palace since one of the guards was tasked to do errands." Jongin fixed the badge that was hanging on his left chest, as he looked at Kyungsoo, smiling handsomely just like the first time they met yesterday.

 

"Oh why it's nice to see you again Kyungsoo. What an honor it is to have lunch with the Royal Fiancé. I feel so flattered to have to sit in front of him." He gave Kyungsoo a small wink before the shorter looked down on his plate just to hide his embarrassment. His face was soon growing into a red tomato, as he tried to take the napkin off his lap, to cover his face, as if he was wiping some excess food on his mouth. 

 

'Why is he so handsome and why does he always make me blush?' Kyungsoo was trying his best to cool down, as he tried to just focus more on the food on his plate rather than the person that was actually staring at him right now. 

 

"You should know where to place yourself, Jongin. Your words are not pleasing to hear." Kyungsoo's blushing stopped as he hears Chanyeol's voice boom from his ear, too audible enough for him to look raise his head up to look at the Prince. 

 

Chanyeol, on the other hand was making a dominating physique, glaring as he looked at Jongin like he was about to eat him alive there and then.

 

'Why do you always wear a face like that when you see Prince Jongin?' Kyungsoo thought as his eyes furrowed with worry. 

 

"I was just saying that I am happy to have Kyungsoo here today, so that he could know and maybe like the Royal life here." Jongin shrugged as he scoffed. He played with the food on his plate before he stared at Chanyeol, eye to eye.

 

There was again a feel of tension as Kyungsoo looked at the both of them exchanging sides, he was about to whisper something to Chanyeol when he heard the King clear his throat. 

 

"As I was saying, since the both of you aren't listening, would you both stop being childish?" The King said, his voice with authority, as it echoed all through the hall. 

 

"Apologies, Your Highness." Both of the Princes said as Chanyeol looked down miserably on his plate while Jongin just looked away and rolled his eyes, leaning his head on the palm of his hand. 

 

"As I was saying, are you ready for tomorrow Kyungsoo?" The King's voice shifted a little, as it turned into a gentle kind of tone. Kyungsoo looked up at him in wonder, tilting his head as he lifted his brows. 

 

"Tomorrow, Your Highness?"

 

"I forgot to announce to the three of you that tomorrow will be Chanyeol and Kyungsoo's Engagement Rites. The reason why I called you all here." The King wiped his mouth with the napkin, as he then placed it beside his plate. 

 

"But Father why so soon? I thought we talked about it, and you agreed that it would commence after a week?" Chanyeol's voice was a mixture of shock and a little dash of stress. His eyes describes the same thing, Kyungsoo was carefully watching him. 

 

"I know my ways as King, Chanyeol. Now, if I say tomorrow, you have to follow what is ordered to you." The King's tone towards his son was empty, blank, and pure nothing. It felt like he was just being commanded to do what he is just needed to do, with no other words or add-ons needed. 

 

'Why does it feel heavy for me, seeing Chanyeol like this?' Kyungsoo was just left staring at his fiancé, trying to actually figure out why the latter's father was acting like that or was it just because he needed to as a King. 

 

"But Father, I cannot ---"

 

"Chanyeol, my decision is final. You will get engaged tomorrow and as soon as possible. You have to follow what is obliged for you to do and stop giving reasons not to." The intensity of the words struck Kyungsoo, his eyes widened as he looked down to the table. He felt a pang of hurt and disgust as he heard Chanyeol's father demand his son to do what he wants with no freedom to actually react or even do anything about it. He raised up his head slowly, feeling more terrible when he saw the Queen, the happiness earlier were all gone and lost in her eyes, as she was just staring at her husband's hand that she was caressing, shaking her head in disappointment. Kyungsoo couldn't pinpoint if she was disappointed over Chanyeol or the King. 

 

He went back to look at Chanyeol, head low, staring blankly at the table; his hands are into fists, resting on either side a distance away from his plate. 

 

"Chanyeol. . ." Kyungsoo managed to whisper before he saw the King standing up from his seat, walking away. 

 

"Jongin, let's go." The Queen demanded and soon followed, but stopped a little while behind Chanyeol's seat to give the taller a bit of comfort as she rubbed his back.

 

"I am sorry, son, for I cannot do anything about this. Your father should still be obeyed, and I am sure this is just for your own good." She kissed the scalp of Chanyeol's head before she rushed down to follow her husband. 

 

"I'll take care of the preparations for tomorrow. You guys should be at your best." Was the only thing Jongin had said before he wiped his mouth, stood up from his seat as he walked to the exit. Kyungsoo stared at him, quite pissed at the attitude the other showed, as if he wasn't even concerned at all. 

 

When he saw Jongin walk from behind that door, as a guard closed it shut, Kyungsoo stood up from his seat as he walked around to the other side, squatting down and just so see the expression on Chanyeol's face. 

 

"Chanyeol, look at me. . ." He can feel the pain the Prince was placing in his heart; he can feel a small cry from the inside, as he knows Chanyeol was trying to suppress a cry of emotion.

 

"Chanyeol, I said look at me." Kyungsoo lifted his hands as he reached up to cup onto the taller's cheeks. 

 

Chanyeol turned his head, shifted his body a bit to face Kyungsoo from the side. His eyes were drooping low, same with the creases in his forehead. Kyungsoo looked at him with the same expression, but had a more caring look for the Prince.

 

'I feel sorry for you. I hope I can make you feel better.' The best thing about Kyungsoo, despite his contradicting thoughts and attitude was that he had the heart and the empathy to go into other people's shoes and feel for them. Which eventually leads him to want to make others happy. Making them sure everything is going to better on the end of the road.

 

He might be aloof and all the while arrogant, but deep inside he was soft at heart, and understanding at mind.

 

"Kyungsoo. . . I ---" 

 

"Don't. . . it's okay. I promise you everything will be okay." Kyungsoo's right hand went up to Chanyeol's temple, as he tried to soothe and let the creases on the latter's forehead disappear. He smiled, nodding to Chanyeol and telling him that it's all going to be alright. 

 

"It's gonna be fine. Even though it's due tomorrow, after a week or a year, we still are gonna get engaged anyways. The date doesn't matter as long as I assure you that I will be there for the engagement." He was trying to connect with Chanyeol, but then the taller let his head low, probably ashamed of looking at Kyungsoo in the eye. 

 

"Chanyeol. . . we promised. We promised that we're all in this together. I won't leave you. I promise I won't." Kyungsoo let down his other hand, fumbling onto the pendant on his neck, taking it out from behind his clothes for Chanyeol to see. The taller gazed at him now; his eyes were showing a hint of light and hope as Kyungsoo said those words. 

 

"Kyungsoo. You don't have to make promises like that." Chanyeol reached out for Kyungsoo's hand that was holding the pendant, he closed it in a fist as he squeezed the small fingers of the shorter.

 

"I want you to trust in me too, Yeol. I want you to know that I will be with you every step of the way." Chanyeol's eyes widened at the words Kyungsoo said. He seemed shocked and at the same time he felt his heart beating erratically again, staring at Kyungsoo's beautiful doe eyes. 

 

'Yeol? . . .' 

 

'He called me Yeol?' Chanyeol was too distracted from his thoughts; his heart was in a malfunction of beating so fast, he was feeling nervous and at the same time at the tip of cloud nine, as he just stared at Kyungsoo with a confused look.

 

"Promise me, even though your father is being harsh on you, promise me you'll be strong. I promise to be here. I promise." 

 

"I will. For you. Kyungsoo. I promise." Chanyeol gave his fiancé a warm smile as he nodded in approval.

 

"That's my Prince." The last statement of Kyungsoo before he stood up from his stance, cupped Chanyeol's face one more time for the taller to lift his head up for their gazes to meet, giving him a wide heart-shaped smile.

 

Shockingly, Kyungsoo lowered his head to meet that of Chanyeol's as he then places his plump lips on the Prince's forehead. 

 

He kissed Chanyeol's forehead. 

 

It was a short, sweet peck, as Chanyeol's eyes widened for the first time. His heart fluttered at the sudden contact of the latter's lips, making him unmoved and all the while overwhelmed. He can feel his ears turn hot, but his body was moving on its own as he just slowly closed his eyes, delighted to feel the warmth of the those lips as his arms wrapped itself around the small frame of Kyungsoo's waist.

 

'I wish this moment will never end.' Chanyeol thought as he made out a wide grin. Sighing in contentment.

 

Little did they know that Jongin was still behind the closed door, leaving a small open space for him to listen and sneak on. A sinister smirk drawn on his handsome face as he peeked on the Royal Couple. 

 

"Interesting. But they won't last for long." He playfully said to himself, cracking his neck from side to side, doing the same on his knuckles before he walked away from the door. 

 

--- 

 

Kyungsoo POV: 

 

It was nighttime already. And I was just sitting down at the bottom of a beautiful, wide fountain, not far away from Chanyeol's room. It was made of marble, the base being soft and white. The bottom was round and wide, could even probably use it as a bathtub if you must, as there was a well-etched statue of probably an ancestral Princess that was playing a wooden flute. It seemed kind of detailed, as the face looks kind of similar to a human face as well. 

 

I laid my head in top of my folded arm that was resting in the marbled edge of the fountain, my free hand playing with the clear water if gives off. I was lazily drifting myself in my thoughts, which was mostly about tomorrow's engagement and about Chanyeol as well. 

 

I have never seen him that sad before, I haven't seen him that vulnerable.

 

His weak expression at the Dining Hall this morning rewind on my head as I made small waves on the water. I never imagined that I would see him at his weakest in such an early time, as I thought to actually discover it when we get engaged. 

 

I sighed, trying to figure out why the King was that strict on him. Well, I understand that Chanyeol is in fact next to the throne, and I guess that would be form of discipline and at the same time he might be serving as an example of what Chanyeol should act like when he takes the throne soon. 

 

But that doesn't even sound like a noble King to me. It looked more like he was demanding a slave to do a task with no further violent reactions. The King eventually might want him to stand firm and act authoritative, keen and holds the will to make people obey. That sometimes makes other people feel like slaves and it not treated as normal human beings. 

 

But Chanyeol isn't even like his father. He's softer, more understanding and giving on the inside, despite his hindrance of showing emotions. 

 

I rested my head even more, trying to feel more contact of the comfortable clothing, the sleeves were surely made in fine, soft fabric. My brows slightly furrowed as the thought of Chanyeol's miserable face was imprinted in my head. 

 

He seems human. Like you know. He looks more like a human when he's sad or depressed.

 

It saddens me, but how his eyes shine with hurt is also something beautiful to see. 

 

Haven't I seen those kind of eyes before? 

 

I thought for a moment, resting my hand from playing as I raised my head a little to look at the stars shining on the night sky.

 

Chanyeol will never be like his father. 

 

He would even rule the Palace even better than the King.

 

He can see the world even better than how his father would. 

 

I was lost in thought when suddenly I felt a light lump of weight that was attached to my crown of glory. It was like a large ring around my head, as I lifted my hand to feel what it was, trying to figure out why it was kind of puffy and delicate to the touch.

 

Flowers?

 

I took a small petal from one of the buds, as it was colored in light blue, the texture being soft and fresh, which was actually a real flower.

 

Roses? 

 

Someone made a flower crown for me? 

 

"Why are you still here this late? You need to get enough rest you know." A deep voice was heard from behind me, looking back to actually see Chanyeol in his usual messy polo, this time he wasn't wearing his frameless glasses. He was placing his hands on his pockets, as we stared at each other for a little while, before he broke the contact as he went to sit on my left side. 

 

"I thought you went to sleep on your Study Room." I said as I looked at him, shifting my attention as I would have to see the flower crown at a later time. 

 

"I did, but then you know, sleeping can be tiring too, especially when you know you need to exert extra effort 'cause you're alone." Chanyeol was looking up at the stars, his mouth grinning widely before he looked back at me. 

 

"What do you mean exert extra effort? You're just gonna wake yourself up from sleep and that's already tiring?" Chanyeol leaned his back on the marbled edge, resting his elbows on either side as he looked up on to the starry sky. 

 

"You know, sometimes it's kind of tiring to do things on your own all the time. It's not always that being alone was a fun a thing." 

 

Really? 

 

I never knew you could feel a sense of loneliness. Seeing all the things you have in the world.

 

But maybe yeah, you might have all the material things, but I guess there was one thing you wanted to feel the most ---

 

Belonging, is it?

 

I looked at him, examining him for the least, he was making such a toothy grin, eyes sparkling as he watched the stars twinkle.

 

He smiles like an idiot who just received candy from his mom. I guess this is the effect of not smiling often. 

 

He makes a really bright smile. Even shinier than the stars. 

 

It's cute. 

 

I smiled gently at the thought, looking up on the sky as well. I heard on the news that there will be a few shooting stars tonight, and as childish as I am sometimes, I have always wanted to see one, just to make a wish.

 

Oh right, the flower crown he gave me

 

I took it off my head; I wanted to see how it looked like as I gently held it on to both of my hands. The roses were all in blue, surrounding the whole circlet, with a white laced ribbon wrapped around the sides of each bud. It was pretty, and since the flowers were fresh, I guessed that it has been hand-made and crafted with effort and hard work.

 

"Why did you give me this?" I was getting more of my attention on the flower crown, as I poked on the roses one by one. 

 

"It's . . . well. . ." I heard him cutting his words and practically stuttering, I took a glance of him and I saw him looking away from me, his hand rubbing the nape of his neck. He looked kind of unsure or even more so he looked like he didn't even want to answer the question.

 

Is he. . . shy? 

 

Seriously? 

 

That's nice. 

 

"Well?" I raised a brow as I stopped fiddling on the crown, placing it on my lap as I moved a little closer to him, wondering and wanting to know why he gave me such a thing. 

 

"It's. . . ugh. . . you know." He couldn't look at me in the eye, keeping himself distracted by looking into different directions. 

 

"Okay?? What is it?"

 

"It's a gift. From me to you. . ." His finger was now lightly scratching his cheek, looking away from me, and he was flustered, based on the pink on his ears that is turning even darker. 

 

"What for?" I asked suspiciously. Forming a smirk on my face, finding his actions quite cute. 

 

"B-Because. . . b-before I left from your house when I last v-visited. . . I-I. . ." He was now scratching the back of his head, looking up at the sky as if he was wishing for this situation to stop happening. 

 

"You?" I sat closer to him this time, our hands touching, as I was really smitten at how embarrassed he was right now.

 

"Y-Your mom, right, told me that y-you adore flower crowns so y-yeah. It's a-a. . ." His blush grew even redder.

 

Oh? Umma told him about my liking for flower crowns? 

 

Aish, Umma. Really. 

 

She thinks we're gonna be wed locks for life.

 

But Chanyeol though. He really took note of it.

 

And look at him now.

 

He never stops stuttering. 

 

How cute.

 

"A --? What is it?"

 

"A g-gift of thanks."

 

I smiled, not just any other smile, but I literally smiled widely, I laughed even. I can never really imagine him being this embarrassed up close and personal. It's kind of new to me, seeing Chanyeol showcase a bunch of feelings that a Prince isn't even expected to do.

 

I was giggling to the point where he stared back at me in question.

 

"What's so funny?" He scoffed, his shyness fading out a little as he smirked at my actions.

 

"You are. I never really expected you to be shy about it." 

 

"Well, it is my first time to give someone a gift. Usually I would be the one to receive them, but I never gave any to anyone in particular." There was a hint of sadness in his words, looking down on to the ground as he held his hands together. 

 

I know. I know that. Even in fairy tales they do. They only receive gifts from far away kingdoms as gratitude or tribute, but never did they have the intention of actually giving out gifts, even to commoners. 

 

Why was he so concerned about it though? 

 

Hasn't he gave anything to Ho Jung before? 

 

"How so?" I scrunched my nose a bit, wanting to figure out why he wasn't giving gifts to others before. 

 

"The King is the one who gives gifts to their trusted partners and members for gratitude and a job well done, we always just give out gifts when someone has served the Royal Family well, it's all about protecting the name, making successful deals and the honor. Big deal huh?" He made a dark chuckle as he went back to lean his body on the marbled edge.

 

"But gifts for simple intentions like taking care of them when they were sick, or even just giving out a gift for the mere reason that he or she is a close friend of yours, and is really important to you? Or if you just want to let them know how special they are to you? No. We never did that. We never gave gifts for small things like that. This family just. . . failed to see that." Chanyeol lowered his gaze, feeling sad at the thought. 

 

He is caring. Very caring. I guess if he really had a best friend he would be very thoughtful.

 

Or if he would have a lover soon. If he had one, he'll probably love to cuddle with her all the time, cook and do everything for her even.

 

That someone will be very lucky. 

 

But Kyungsoo, he will never have a girlfriend. 

 

He has you. You'll be the one to stay with him. 

 

But you do know it's temporary and not for long right? 

 

We aren't in love with each other right? 

 

Are we? 

 

"I love it." I gazed at him thoughtfully, he didn't expect the comment that I had to let out as his eyes looked a bit confused as it met with mine. 

 

"What did you say?" 

 

"I said. I love it. I love your gift very much." I smiled widely, is I held on to the flower crown again, wearing it back on my head, seeing his eyes smile with happiness as well.

 

"You really do?" He asked in amusement. He couldn't believe what I actually said. His smile soon evident in his lips.

 

"I really do. I love it very much, Chanyeol." 

 

Staring into Chanyeol's eyes, there is something about it that feels so familiar. 

 

I want to look at him like this all the time. 

 

I love his eyes now. It has more meaning than what his feelings show in person.

 

I don't know why but. . .

 

It just feels right. 

 

---

 

Chanyeol's POV: 

 

The night was long, and the stars were still shining brightly, I saw a shooting star pass by as I stood up from sitting on the fountain, carrying his light, small-framed body in bridal style. My thoughts were only about his heart-shaped smile, the happiness in his eyes, and how his words felt sincere, like a lullaby to my ears. 

 

His smile. Looks exactly like him. 

 

But the feeling. It's not there. 

 

Or is it? But not yet. 

 

But he is very much like him.

 

He fell asleep from taking much of his time in the fountain since he said he liked the place very much, I left him for a little while since Jongdae called me to ask about tomorrow's flow of events. After a few more minutes, I returned enough, shocked and his head lying comfortably asleep on the marbled edge.

 

He looks pretty much like a Princess when he is asleep.

 

I took him into our room, as I softly laid him down on the bed. When he shifted a little bit, as he moved his body to face right, tugging his hand under one of the large pillows beside him, snuggling his head comfortably. 

 

Does he even know that he unconsciously is too cute to be true? 

 

I smiled at the action, walking towards the bedside as I was about to reach my hand out to take the flower crown that was still on his head.

 

He really looks good on the crown.

 

I was about to take it off, my hands were on a close grip on it when he suddenly snuggled his head deeper into the pillow, scrunching up his nose as I heard him mumbling.

 

"Mhhmmmm. . . Yeol. . . Just stay. . ." 

 

I stopped. His words shocked me as I heard the name again.

 

Yeol. . . 

 

He only calls me that. 

 

But Kyungsoo. 

 

Why does he call me that? 

 

Why does he sound so similar to him? 

 

My heart felt like it cracked a little, as memories from the past hit me. My hands trembled as I felt the pain hovering over me again. 

 

No. I must not remember him anymore. 

 

I have to move on.

 

He's long gone. And will never come back. 

 

I closed my eyes, as I tried to stop the emotions from flowing in, controlling it in the most effective way that I always do as possible. 

 

"S-sleep with me. . ." 

 

He's probably sleep talking I swear. 

 

But it really makes me feel light and giddy inside. 

 

He spoke in his dreams again; my heart stopped aching as I heard his plea. I chuckled silently, hearing him calling my name and telling me to sleep with him was practically a bizarre or rather rare. Probably because I might been wrestling with him in his sleep.

 

His cuteness makes me feel a lot lighter though. How does he even do that all the time?

 

I guess it's not bad to sleep beside him right? 

 

We're both guys anyways, what could go wrong? 

 

I moved the pillow away from his hold, finding him furrowing his eye brows at the lack of contact, as I replaced it with myself instead. 

 

When I was fully laid down flat on the bed, I then felt a pair of hands around my torso. His head was then snuggled up at my chest as I lifted an arm for him to fit in, draping it around his crouched shoulders. 

 

I guess I'll be sleeping quite well tonight though. 

 

And without further restraints. I then closed my eyes, and slowly drifted myself to sleep.

 

Maybe, I need not to worry about tomorrow. 

 

Kyungsoo is there. 

 

That's all that matters. 

 

---

 

——————————————————

 

Author's Note:

 

Chapter Seven!!! Done ~ ^^ 

 

Sorry for taking this too long, since I still didn't have enough sleep. -_-" 

 

I just finished my revision of our thesis.

 

And I probably need to sleep now. I feel like fainting ^^"

 

But it never stopped me from finishing this on time Q u Q

 

Anyways, the engagement will be on the next chapter!!!! 

 

The King was probably really in a hurry for Chanyeol to take over the throne huh?

 

But don't worry, the engagement will be good and A okay ~ ^^ 

 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter too ^^

 

Happy Reading ~ <3

 

*puing-puing~^^*