Chapter Fourteen:

My Royal Punishment

Kyungsoo POV:

 

A weekend today.

 

I woke up from the heat of the sun, practically burning the ends of my cheeks from the window behind the headboard. I raised my right hand to cover my face from the shining glory of it, as I tried to slowly open my eyes.

 

"W-What time is it?" I mumbled my words, stretching my hand as I shifted my body to reach for a certain lump beside me. My hand landed on a soft cloth, as I caressed it from top to bottom, and as I tried to pat it a little, I scrunched up my eyebrows together, as I quickly moved out from the covers, sitting up and putting away the sheets from my body as my eyes were now widely awake.

 

"W-Where?" My mind was still a bit of a haze, a little high from the clouds because I really had such a nice sleep knowing that today is a weekend, and I have already finished most of my homework for next week. I looked around to realize that I was the only one left inside the bedroom, bringing my hand to my messy hair, scratching a bit of my sleepiness away.

 

He left early again.

 

The usual, Princely duties he has to ponder on.

 

I sighed, resting my shoulders from the sudden wake, reaching for the pillow that I felt earlier as I placed it on to my lap.

 

“Does it look like this is new to me? It’s been three consecutive weeks.” I stretched my arms high and up, like as if I could reach the ceiling for it. After a short while I moved out of the bed as I tried to open the curtains from the large window behind the bed, to welcome fully the radiance of the rising sun.

 

Where has he gone off to today?

 

His dad has been asking too much from him lately.

 

“Hyung? May I come in?” I heard a voice from the behind the door, and hearing the familiar voice made me smile for a bit. I finished tying the curtains on each end and went on happily to open the door.

 

“Good morning, Sehun-ah ~” I greeted him with a large warm hug, holding him tightly as I felt his arms squeeze a bit.

 

“Ya ya ya, stop that Hyung, you’re going to ruin your reputation if someone sees you like this.” He pulled out from the hug, holding me on each side of my shoulder as made out a small laugh.

 

“When did you ever care about reputation? No one’s here to see me anyways this is my private bedroom.” I stood on the side for him to move in, as he welcomed himself like as if this Palace has been his home for so long.

 

For the record, Sehun had been here in the Palace for quite some time now, sometimes seeing him talking to soldiers, as I have guessed he made friends with them, or even the young maidens who happen to be smitten by him, seeing the blushes and the glint of infatuation in their eyes when they see my baby bother.

 

He is good-looking I tell you, I remember one time when he came home from the Valentine’s Day even they had, he brought a bunch of baskets filled with chocolates, letters and roses given to him.

 

“Well, you might not know, there are stalkers around and they might make a fuss about and tell the people that we are doing or something.” He shrugged, sat down on the side of the bed, putting the blanket around himself like a roll of bread.

 

It’s nice to know that he gets to visit me once in a while, I mean he doesn’t really do that here, since the moment I wake up and I leave the Palace, he is nowhere to be found anymore since his class starts a little bit earlier than mine. During dinner I usually eat with the Royals, and even though he should have been part of it, he prefers to slack off and go to places where he can be at his own peace.

 

“Hmmm ~ Reasons Hun. You’re just saying that because you’re ‘big’ now and you are not my cute little baby brother.” I watched him make a pout under the covers, making me giggle at the reaction as I sat down in front of where he is.

 

I really miss those days where Sehun would just visit my room and talk with me about things.

 

Those were the days where I always felt the world gave me such a wonderful brother.

 

Despite his rudeness sometimes.

 

Talk about attitude.

 

“Have you seen him today?” I asked. I couldn’t really contain myself, wondering if he had seen Chanyeol somewhere. It’s been three weeks, after what happened at the staircase, I haven’t seen even the shadow of him anymore.

 

And he is practically doing that thing again.

 

Like how should I know if what he’s doing is actually his duty calls, when he doesn’t even leave a note or tell me where the hell he is going?

 

Suspicious really.

 

But why do I care again?

 

“Who are we talking about Hyung?” Sehun took off the blanket from his head, looking at me in curiosity.

 

“Chanyeol. Have you seen him today?”

 

“Ohhhh ~ You’re worried about your baby smoochie poo, Hyung?” He made a laugh, much more near the sarcastic type and the type where he is supposed to laugh because it is actually funny. I glared at him into his holes, when his smile suddenly faded and just tightly wrapped himself around those blankets.

 

“I am being serious here, Hun. I just want to know if you have seen him today?”

 

“Yeah, I saw him this morning, and he was practically talking to his valet.” Sehun sounded a bit uninterested, lying his body down on to the bed and making weird movements just to find some little fun.

 

“What were they talking about? What did he look like? Where did he go after?” I felt worried; all the while I felt my heart beat a little too fast. I never felt anything like this before, and probably I couldn’t understand what I am actually feeling right now.

 

Why am I so worried all of a sudden?

 

Why does it make me feel like I need to know what’s happening?

 

When Sehun said something about him and Jongdae, I just really felt anxious all of a sudden.

 

“Woah woah woah, Hyung. Why the long face? Could you please calm down for a moment?” He sat back up again, his tone seeping a little tinge of anger. He really hated it when I get so worked up and worried about things, mostly gets mad at the people who try to make it difficult for me and would actually face them head on. Sehun wasn’t the type to show much emotions, but he definitely hates it when I begin to feel so uptight about the situation.

 

“I am sorry, Sehun. It’s just. It’s been three weeks; I haven’t been able to see him, ever since. He doesn’t even leave a message on the nightstand or even just a text or call where he is, Hun. I am really sick and fed up with this.” I felt so agitated, distress even. I don’t even know why am I feeling so frustrated about this, ever so I don’t even know why this bothers me so much like all I have ever wanted to focus on is my studies and my patience in waiting to get out of this sick Palace for good.

 

Chanyeol is just my responsibility, and it is my obligation as his so called fiancé to always look over him wherever he is.

 

I can’t just sit here and probably wait for the day he shows up like there’s nothing wrong or nothing has even happened.

 

Even though we aren’t a real couple, I still have to love up with the promise I made the moment I stepped foot on that altar on the day of the Engagement.

 

“To care for one another, to love and protect now and forever.”

 

And practically this is the least I could do for thanking him with a lot of things.

 

And here he goes, slacking off like a thief in the night and never has he even showed face to me, ever.

 

“. . .Hyung, please. Don’t over stress yourself.” I felt his arm around my shoulders, patting me just to soothe me.

 

“But I can’t. I really just can’t. I don’t see him the morning I wake up to school, even at dinner he doesn’t even show up anymore because Jongdae says he has a lot of work to do. I can’t even feel his presence even as I am already asleep. Not even a shadow or anything.” I looked up to Sehun, my eyes etching a bit of hurt as a feel. I felt my eyes were starting to water, but I battled it enough just so it the droplets of wasteful tears won’t flow down.

 

It’s actually better like this though, even as I have such conflicting emotions towards Chanyeol right now, these things actually help in keeping the real deal of the story between me and the Prince. No one will ever have any clue that I was just a sudden “pick-up package” on the spot in school, chosen as his fiancé.

 

At least that problem can be covered fine, but can’t be covered fine is my harsh dreams, twisted memories ---

 

And these stupid “what do you even call this” feelings for Park Chanyeol.

 

“Okay, if this will ease you then fine. I saw him early this morning with his Jong – whoever the that guy is, but he was just wearing normal civilian clothes, practically wearing a jacket and ball cap all in black. Eventually they were talking in small voices, and I couldn’t hear a thing because they seemed like they were whispering.”

 

I searched into Sehun’s eyes, trying to decode if wat he was saying was true or not. But seeing that he had even no clue about this and just had to say what he saw, I immediately felt a surge of suspicion in myself.

 

“Whispering? Why were they whispering?”

 

“I don’t really know Hyung. But it seemed like a really serious subject, the giant looks a bit worried or nervous somehow.”

 

“That’s enough, Sehun. Thank you for this, I just really wanted to know.” I stood up from the bed, heading off to the wardrobes where I opened one side and took some clothes to wear for the day. I couldn’t really just sit here and watch everything go about in secret forever.

 

And if I wasn’t answers, I have to find them out myself.

 

If Chanyeol cannot supplement the answers I want to extract from him, then better yet I find them out myself.

 

“What are you doing Hyung?” Sehun asked as he leaned his body on his arm that was resting on the bed, he looked amused, much more like he couldn’t actually believe what I was doing.

 

“I just need to go somewhere Hyung, somewhere important.” I took my towel out from the other wardrobe, as I placed it on my left arm and went on my way to the bathroom for a shower.

 

“Are you sure you’re going to be okay?” I heard him from outside the room, as I began to take my clothes off for a warm shower.

 

“Yes, I will always be okay Sehun. Don’t worry about me. Just trust in me.”

 

I should probably buy a battle armor soon, if you know what I mean.

 

I am going to find answers; I can’t stand being the fool here any longer.

 

---

 

Chanyeol POV:

 

            [Please promise me, that you’ll have to see me every day? That’s the least you could do to tell me that me that you miss me.]

 

This is really sick.

 

I mean I am so sick and tired of his drama.

 

Too tired.

 

Its 6:30 AM in the morning, and practically everyone, except maybe the guards and the maids, are now awake at this time, ready to prepare the day in the Palace.

 

Whereas for me, I probably woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, and reading this simple text I just got has really something to do with my bad mood.

 

Baekhyun.

 

“When did he learn to be so clingy all of a sudden? And when did he learn to become so annoying?” I whispered to myself, so as to not wake Kyungsoo beside me. I lowered the light of my smartphone, just so that it wouldn’t bother my fiancé’s sleep and would probably not wake him up either.     

 

[I already told you that I’ll be meeting you every Wednesdays only. Isn’t that enough for you?]

 

I immediately replied, trying to just get on with this thing and make me sleep once and for all.

 

I haven’t gotten much sleep last night. Since I have been dead doing my father’s preparations for another meeting with the Ministers. I haven’t even seen a the light of the sun ever since, and I have been skipping a few of my classes, just thankfully excused as I have always been called by Jongin or Jongdae out of the class for meetings with the politicians.

 

I haven’t even seen Kyungsoo for weeks now.

 

And the only time I could ever see him is when he’s already asleep.

 

I miss his smile and his voice.

 

I really feel so frustrated right about now.

 

Seriously, why do I always feel like saying this when Kyungsoo is here?

 

I haven’t seen Kyungsoo at the very time he’s active and talking, nor was I even there when he was smiling and laughing now. I was really full of my obligations and I couldn’t even see the light of his loving face. Sometime around I feel like I just want to run away from everything right about now.

 

Especially the fact that the past few days Baekhyun has always asked me to meet him at our hiding place.

 

And he is the main reason why I can’t see Kyungsoo every time I come home, because I practically go home too late just to take him home and when I get home I need to go back to my study to finish my duties and paperwork.

 

And alas, no Kyungsoo.

 

Well, how am I ever going to explain this to him?

 

I mean of course I need to see the beauty of this cute little thing sometimes, I don’t want him to go wondering why I don’t show up.

 

Or else he’ll find out.

 

Even as just a friend, Kyungsoo will still be my first priority, even though we really aren’t a couple or anything, I still need to put him first before anything else because he is my fiancé, and I have promised to take good care and protect him no matter what.

 

But how can I do that when the real Chosen One can’t wait for his turn and is actually being a drag right now?

 

Baekhyun please give me some fresh air.

 

Stop piling up in my tons of problems right now will you?

 

[But I can’t live another day without seeing you, I really can’t. I don’t know what I’m ever going to do when you’re not here with me. . .]

 

Man, when did he even learn to become so ---

 

What would be the term? y?

 

Oh please.

 

I gave out another defeating sigh, as I pressed the touch screen of my phone, sending the message quickly before I actually regret sending it to him.

 

[Alright, alright already. I’ll see you today, 7 AM, make sure to go to our place. And please don’t be like this all the time. Don’t forget that.]

 

My last text was probably a bit harsh, but I couldn’t really help myself either. I rolled my eyes as I placed my phone on the nightstand, pushing my feet to the side of the bed as I stood up from lying.

 

“I’ll leave again for today, Soo. I am sorry I couldn’t see you again today. I promise I’ll make it up to you.” I looked back to see Kyungsoo’s angelic face, sleeping peacefully as I caressed his forehead, placing his bangs to the side.

 

“I want to tell you about this, about me and Baekhyun. But I really can’t for now. I am really sorry/” I kissed him in the forehead, before I got up and went off to the bathroom for a shower. I felt a pang of hurt in my heart, knowing that I have been keeping something from Kyungsoo for so long.

 

Baekhyun is my childhood friend.

 

He was also the best friend of my loved one.

 

My loved one I will never see again.

 

I the shower, the water was lukewarm and I just let it all wash down to my body, as I blankly stared at the wall, thinking of what I was going to do with myself.

 

I don’t know what to feel anymore.

 

But I just really think I am fooling myself.

 

Ever since mine and Baekhyun’s other childhood friend left, it was only me and him against the rest of the world. We were the best of buds, and more so evidently we were like two peas in a pod. And just like him and Kyungsoo, we were inseparable.

 

“I promise to always watch your back and fight for you.”

 

That was our promise, ever since my love done left us, we promised to never leave each other’s sides by then.

 

Only, as we grew older, and as we came on the same school during our high school years, our relationship probably grew, and got into a very different path by then. It was around the last day of class before spring break, and we were eating lunch alone inside the classroom, since all of our classmates went home and was probably really excited about vacation. I still remember the scene though; he was eating on his table, while I was sitting while leaning my body on the backrest, eating a lollipop as I rested my arms around the top of the backrest of the chair.

 

“I love you Chanyeol.”

 

“Wait what?”

 

I still remember that we were talking about games, and then ever so suddenly there was silence, and he has ever so suddenly spoken those four words right in front of me.

 

Of course, I was shocked by then, like who wouldn’t?

 

I just stared at him that day; my mouth was a gaping a little at the sudden confession.

 

“I said I love you. I really really do, Chanyeol.”

 

And after that day, we did hang out a lot by ourselves, calling it a “date” and probably having fun and usually being with each other privately and even more hidden.

 

“Why couldn’t you show to everyone that I am your boyfriend, Channie?”

 

“You do know that my Father wouldn’t like it if he finds out, even so Ho Jung was chosen to be my fiancée for the upcoming Engagement.”

 

I gave him a chance; I actually gave him that chance. Even though I knew, that deep down inside I still loved the other, but even so that didn’t mean I shouldn’t give Baekhyun a chance. Only that we kept it hidden, for reasons of first, Father wanted Ho Jong to be my fiancée before, and now it’s actually because I chose Kyungsoo and he is definitely my fiancé now.

 

I love Baekhyun. When I gave him a chance and sought to give it a try, my feelings, and eventually my love for him grew.

 

I learned to love him.

 

Which is why the Ring Band, which was supposed to be given to Kyungsoo on the day before our marriage, is actually with him.

 

Baekhyun is the real Chosen One.

 

“Here, it’s a promise that I’ll love you until the very end of my days. You just have to keep it as yours for a while, you are to be my fiancé anyways.”

 

“You never fail to surprise me, Channie. I really feel so delighted. I love you, I really do,”

 

I still remember the smile on his face when I gave the Ring Band to him. It actually gave a slight jump in my heart, a feel of seeing my lover happy of what I have done for him, and seeing him smile like that made me love him more each day. He kept it up until now that we are college students, and eventually, I have always made way to see him, even running away from my bodyguards or buying normal clothes just to disguise as normal person, I have always risked myself just to get a glimpse at him, or even just a sight of him at school has always made my heart flutter.

 

He was the person I have always looked out every time I pass by their classroom.

 

That’s how I actually knew the name of his best friend was Kyungsoo.

 

“Yah~! Do Kyungsoo!!! Don’t strangle me, please!!! I was joking honest!!! But seriously you really look cute like penguin.”

 

The way he moves, his laugh, his tears, the way he cries on my shoulder and even the way he cuddles to me, even so as he walks by the corridors, seeing him from afar was just like a masterpiece. Baekhyun is beautiful. He always is.

 

But ---

 

He is still the most beautiful.

 

I loved Baekhyun for as long as I have known, but remembering that one person that has always gave a tug in my heart that no one else can compare, he will always be the boy I will ever love for the rest of my days.

 

I have always known that he will always be in my heart, whenever and wherever I may be, but with Baekhyun, I can finally feel the love that he has left behind with me, although different and less like how it was with us, Baekhyun still had the ability to lift up my spirits and make our love precious and true.

 

Although for some reason, when the incident with Kyungsoo happened, I just actually feel like everything has changed.

 

Like Baekhyun has totally changed.

 

The day I announced Kyungsoo as my fiancé, was the same day I apologized to him after.

 

“I hope you understand, I didn’t want any of this to happen, but it was just for the cause of not making a scene. I still need to protect my reputation as a Prince.”

 

“Does your reputation matter more than our relationship? Why are you being so selfish all of a sudden, Channie? Of all people you announced as fiancé, you called out my best friend?”

 

“But I had no choice. Baek, it was my fault, I shouldn’t have chased him down to the corridors, and I am not being selfish, I just needed a back-up plan about the situation at hand.”

 

“But you still did it. Your reputation still matters and is still important to you?”

 

“Baek, you know that our relationship is hidden and was never announced. You know the rules. And you know that the Royal Council will never like it.”

 

“But why can’t tell them that we love each other and get married?! Why can’t we just face them and tell them that? Stop it with valuing your reputation, Channie. You’ll still be Prince at the end of the day.”

 

Those words, those exact words, were still echoing in my head, giving me a light heart attack, as I remembered my pupils shrinking from what I just heard.

 

I have never seen that side of Baekhyun before.

 

When was he so selfish?

 

So self-centered?

 

Why can’t he understand that our relationship has always been forbidden by law?

 

After knowing that I was born of my mother and an Elder that my Father didn’t want to ever mention anymore, he gave out the law that the Royals are forbidden to marry an Elder’s daughter or a son, and if found shall be punished through death or life imprisonment, and I didn’t want to risk Baekhyun’s life just for the heck of it.

 

After that day, Baekhyun didn’t want to see me then. He asked for a cool off after our talk, since he knew this was just going to make things worse for the both of us.

 

And even so, after that day, my feelings and even my heart for Baekhyun ---

 

Completely shattered.

 

Broken.

 

And was never fixed again.

 

I never knew he would be that heartless. Not even understanding the consequences that we were to face if we went to go his own way.

 

And ever since that day, the love that I have always had for him, the affection and the constant passion ---

 

Just really faded away.

 

Even up to this day, the he wanted to see me now, even the past few weeks we have been meeting with each other again, it made me happy, seeing him again, smiling and ever so loving.

 

But the feeling I have for him, is just not there anymore.

 

I felt like I was making a fool out of myself.

 

He never showed that side of his, his selfish, unruly kind of personality, and I just felt like he cheated on me, he was lying to me ---

 

He was being pretentious to me.

 

And he wasn’t true to me.

 

I don’t know anymore.

 

But my feelings for him are gone now. No matter how hard I try to bring it back.

 

It’s just not there anymore.

 

I closed the door to our room, slowly as to not make any noise. Hearing the door click lock, I then walked my way off from the bedroom, down to the small bar I had and off to the exit of the room. I was only wearing normal clothes – black jacket, shorts and a ball cap. I walked off to the left wing, where I went off to my study first to meet with my valet who was actually already there, standing up and waiting for me.

 

“Oh there you are, what is it that you have called me for early in the morning?” As I approached, Jongdae immediately turned around to see me, walking a little distance towards me. He was still on his pajamas, since his shift would not start until 9 in the morning since it’s a weekend and he can have some nice sleep somehow.

 

“Yeah, I just wanted to tell you that I am leaving the Palace grounds today, I’ll pass by the secret garden. Just make sure no one finds out I am out.” I said my instructions to a faint whisper; he looked back at me, giving me an appalled look with curious eyes.

 

“What the do you think you’re doing Chanyeol?! What are you up to again?” He so called silently screamed, he was trying to make his voice more hoarse and airy just so no one could hear us when they come by.

 

“Just do as I say, Dae, if someone finds me, do tell them I am at the study doing my paperwork, and I should not be disturbed, you understand me? And also please do watch over Kyungsoo for me, okay? I really have to go now; I am in such a hurry.” That was the last of my instructions, giving him an assured nod as I turned my back on him and walked away. But as I was to heighten my steps into a faster pace, I felt a hand stop me as it held tightly unto my arm.

 

“Chanyeol, tell me where you’re going. I can’t stand this thing you are doing anymore. What are you hiding? And what is it that you are keeping from me? From Kyungsoo? I mean does he even know about this?”

 

I stood up frozen for a while, realizing that even to my trusted valet, I hide things from him now, and when he asked even, if Kyungsoo knows about this, I looked back at him and gave him a sigh.

 

“Kyungsoo should not know about this. He shouldn’t.” I shook my head, telling Jongdae that it would be a bad idea if Kyungsoo knew.

 

“What? What does that supposed to mean? I mean Chanyeol seriously? You are hiding things from your fiancé now?”

 

“I am hiding this from him because it’s better for him to not know, Jongdae. It’s better for him to just stay as it is.” Jongdae’s grip on me loosened, he shook his head, looking at me with a disgusted look.

 

“This is unbelievable Chanyeol. This is just too unbelievable. How can you do this to Kyungsoo? How much more if you guys get married soon?” I know Jongdae is just worried about me and Kyungsoo, even as I told him about the incident between the both of us, he still wanted me to keep my word as a Prince, that I should never hurt Kyungsoo in any way. I know he is just weary that what I am keeping might break Kyungsoo’s heart, even so I guess that it would because it’s his best friend and it wouldn’t because we don’t even have a love affair of some sort.

 

The question is, are you sure you guys don’t have that kind of thing?

 

Or are you just making yourself feel that it is that way because you guys are engaged?

 

“Jongdae, he doesn’t need to know for now. I will tell him very soon enough, but let’s keep this down on the bush for a while shall we?” I was really in a hurry now, it was soon going to be 7 AM and I haven’t been even halfway to where I am supposed to go.

 

I am in a hurry because I want t end things with Baekhyun before Kyungsoo wakes up and finds out I am not there beside him anymore.

 

But does it matter if I am there or not? Kyungsoo just thinks of me as a friend, probably just like a brother more so.

 

Does he care if I am not around him? Does he get worried when I’m gone?

 

Does he feel lonely when I am not around him?

 

After what had happened at the staircase in school, I can never get my head off the kiss we had that day. And after that day I have always been questioning myself if there was something about Kyungsoo that made me feel so different all of a sudden ever since I even met him.

 

He’s always been on my mind now, huh.

 

It’s crazy but I always think about him ever since.

 

I care for him and I have to since he is my top priority now, right?

 

But have I ever been a top priority in his?

 

Augh what are trying to say Chanyeol?

 

“We’ll keep it down on the bush alright, Chanyeol, but what you are doing is actually lying to Kyungsoo.” Jongdae’s tone of voice was now serious, his eyes pierce through me like is trying to tell me what I am doing was wrong. I can’t deny it though; indeed what I am doing is typically wrong, not only wrong to myself, but also wrong to the law.

 

“Jongdae, please, don’t make it hard for me now, I just really need to go somewhere and I promise I’ll be back.” He made a sly smirk at me, as he rubbed his chin with his left hand, looking down on the floor as if he was thinking of what he was going to say next.

 

“Okay, I’ll let you go, only if you tell me what this is about Chanyeol. I am not going to just follow rules from you without knowing what this is all about. I am your valet, Chan. You can’t trust me enough anymore, can you?” His words spike like a club filled with rusted, sharp nails, digging into my skin like he really meant it. I felt offended at first, but what he said was true to be exact. There were times where I just tell him what to do without questioning my intentions, or other times I didn’t want him to say any word about it then.

 

I know it feels unfair.

 

I am very sorry for that, Jongdae.

 

“I have always trusted you, and you know that. I will never make you feel that way.” I assured him patting his shoulder to keep him calm.

 

“Then tell what this is all about. You have been doing this for the past days now and what is it that you are hiding?” His brows furrowed, the look of worry was back at his face once again, as he gripped my arm that was reaching out to his shoulder

 

Well, I trust him enough not to tell anyone.

 

He is my valet after all.

 

“It’s Baekhyun. My childhood friend, remember?”

 

“Yes, of course. The son of the Elder Byun, what is it about him and why hide it?”

 

I gave out one big sigh, trying to get myself together because I know what I would say could make Jongdae change the way he will ever look at me.

 

“He’s my lover. And we’ve been together for so long. I need to see him today because he needs me to. And I have something to tell him.” I looked down, too scared to face what Jongdae would look like or say after I explained. I didn’t say more than that or anything further, since I didn’t want to complicate the conversation and make it longer since I am really in quite a hurry.

 

“B-Baekhyun? He i-is your lover?” I looked up at him; I was shocked at the expression of his face. He didn’t look disappointed, nor did he look mad at me. He didn’t even look horrified at what I just said.

 

He looked hurt. More like it seems what I told him made him sad.

 

Why though?

 

He looks kind of betrayed or I just broke him somehow, I don’t know.

 

Does he have something to do with Baekhyun?

 

“When? When did you guys?” I can see a hint of water in his eyes, like he was about to cry or something. But I really couldn’t figure him out right now.

 

“Since high school, but everything changed now.”

 

“But do you even know what you are doing is a crime against the law? Do you even know what this will happen if Kyungsoo knew? Lest make it look like you are cheating on him, do you know the consequences that you will be facing if you do such a thing?” Jongdae’s eyes softened, he didn’t seem mad, he looked more like he was frightened, hurt even. He lowered his gaze to the floor; he probably couldn’t look at me in the eye anymore.

 

I’ll just have to tell him then.

 

So that I could immediately go now.

 

I am wasting too much time.

 

“Jongdae, which is the point of seeing him today. I will talk to him about ending this relationship of ours. I don’t think this is even healthy anymore.” I took my hand away from his shoulder, slumped my shoulders down, I wanted to make him know that I didn’t want to see Baekhyun just because I want to, but I want him to know that I am doing it to finish everything that is between me and my childhood friend.

 

“So, that means you’re going to break up to him?” My valet, my trusted one is actually looking at me with judgmental gazes now. I understand the reason why, I know he is still confused and all and I couldn’t blame him.

 

But what is important now is that I have to go.

 

Time is of essence, Yeol.

 

You have to go.

 

“I am really sorry Jongdae, but I really can’t stay long. I really have to go now. I am running out of time and I need to be back here around 8 AM. I promise to tell you everything, but please just do what I have told you to do? Okay?” I searched his eyes for assurance, and when I saw him smile, even as faintly as it would be, it made me feel like he would still loyally do his task as a valet for me.

 

“Of course I will, Chanyeol. Take care on your way then. I’ll still trust you with this. And please do tell me later.” He gave out a quick nod at me, as he patted the side of my right shoulder. After a few seconds, I rushed off to where the secret garden was.

 

I’ll be back, I’ll be quick, I promise I’ll come back, Soo.

 

Thank you, Jongdae.

 

This is going to be one heck of a weekend.

 

---

 

No One POV:

 

‘It’s been 15 minutes past 7 AM now, and he still isn’t here.” Baekhyun looked around, from side to side, as he gave out a sigh, sitting helplessly on the swing. He tried to move back and forth just to entertain himself, and forget the mere fact that he was feeling so uneasy and impatient now. He blew warm breath on his palms, as he rubbed them on both sides of his arms, as he rubs the sleeves of his sweatshirt to make himself cozy from the growing cold early in the morning.

 

It was a spring morning, seeing that as early as the sun hasn’t rose, the breeze is as cold as that of the winter, and Baekhyun didn’t really like it one bit.

 

“Where is he now?” He asked to himself, still rubbing his palms on the sides as he looked over to his left and right to see if there were signs of life around him.

 

“I am so sorry for being late. . . I still asked my valet if he could do a favor for me.” Baekhyun was shocked to see a giant running towards him, as he stopped in front of the smaller one. Chanyeol crouched for a while, grasping for some air as he held himself to his knees, trying to make sure he could still stand from the endless running he did from the Palace.

 

“Oh, it’s okay, I understand. At least you’re here now.” Baekhyun happily chirped as he helped Chanyeol sit down on the swing on his right.

 

“Are you feeling okay now?” Baekhyun asked, his eyes now fixated only to Chanyeol as he felt quite delighted to see him once again.

 

“Yeah, I think I’m fine. Thanks.” Chanyeol replied as he looked up at the sky, to see that it was still dawn and the sun hasn’t still come up. This actually gives him a little hope, thinking that he might go home on time without Kyungsoo knowing he left.

 

“I really miss you, Channie, I really do.” Baekhyun began, as tried to reach out for Chanyeol’s right hand to hold it with his, but shockingly, Chanyeol just pushed Baekhyun’s hand, not even giving Chanyeol a glance.

 

“What’s the matter with you? Is there something wrong Channie?” The beagle sounded in pain, his brows in furrow as he tugged on the jacket sleeve of Chanyeol before the latter just pushed his hand away again.

 

“Don’t play drama with me anymore Baekhyun. You know why I am here.” Chanyeol showed his emotionless, Prince-like expression, as he looked plainly serious. He looked back at Baekhyun; his eyes draw a look of a tiger, ready to actually capture his prey.

 

“So that’s it? So this is what you want? This is it?” Baekhyun’s tone quickly changed to a somewhat annoyed one, looking at Chanyeol looking like he was about to kill the giant any minute now.

 

“Stop it. Just stop it, Baek. This is too much. Too much.”

 

“What is too much, Chanyeol? Too much because I just want to see you every day? Too much because I just want to spend time with you yet you couldn’t even give me an ounce of your time to for me? Too much because I just want to love you?” Baekhyun’s voice raised, he looked at Chanyeol intently, trying to see if the giant would respond to his words, or actually feel sorry about what he just said to the shorter.

 

“Too much because I am tired and I cannot take it anymore with you?!!” Chanyeol screamed, he stood up from his seat as he bore holes looking at the beagle. He couldn’t take his temper anymore, more so he was so fed up with what he had with the latter.

 

There was silence, it wasn’t awkward, it was more like it was better that it was like this. Chanyeol tried to calm himself, as he brushed his bangs up and away from his forehead, whereas Baekhyun was just staring down on the ground, deadpanned and didn’t even know what to do.

 

“Let’s put it this way. We’ll end what’s between us here, and let’s forget that we ever had something like this.” Chanyeol’s tone was nothing but monotonous, even so it was empty and emotionless. He turned his back on Baekhyun as he placed his hand on either side of his waist.

 

“Why is it so easy for you to let go Chanyeol? Why is it so easy for you to leave me?” Baekhyun was now standing up, staring at Chanyeol’s back, trying to communicate with him but the latter seems to refuse.

 

“Do you have it?” The Prince plainly ignored the other’s questions, looking back at the shorter as he gestured in front of Baekhyun to actually put or give something that was actually his.

 

“What are you talking about Chanyeol?”

 

“The Ring Band. Do you have it?”

 

“Why are doing this?! Why does this have to be so difficult for the both of us? Chanyeol why can’t we – ”

 

“Baekhyun. That’s an order. Give me back the Royal Band.”

 

Baekhyun kept his mouth clearly shut, even though he knew the tears were beginning to well up on his eyes. He didn’t have a choice, it was an order, and he had to follow rules. He looked at his left hand, where a ring was placed on his ring finger, it was just a simple gold ring, etched with a phrase that can only be completed by its other pair.

 

“Why did we even reach to this point, Channie? Why can’t we stay as we were before?”

 

“Because, it is forbidden. Other than that, you made me feel like I can never trust you. You’ve changed. And right now I don’t know what to feel about you anymore.” Chanyeol’s expression softened, as he looked at Baekhyun pitifully. He knew it would break the latter’s heart, but he had to do it. He had to let go of what they had, he wanted to be free, realizing that even though how long he would stay with Baekhyun, he knew it wasn’t right.

 

He didn’t feel free, nor did he even feel like he was happy anymore.

 

And he wasn’t.

 

He wasn’t happy with Baekhyun anymore.

 

Without any word, Baekhyun took the ring off his finger, and gently placed it on Chanyeol’s palm. His tears began to fall as he felt his heart aching from the pain, from the need and from the loss of his one true love. He lowered his head, his body quivers as he cries. He couldn’t hide the pain away anymore, and he couldn’t understand why Chanyeol had to leave him like this.

 

The Prince held onto the ring, he looked at it for a moment and kissed it out of impulse. He then placed it on his jacket’s pocket before looking back at Baekhyun, and without any word he suddenly gave the other a warm hug.

 

“I am very sorry. I really am. I don’t want to see you cry, nor do I want to see you hurting like this because of me.”

 

“Who else am I going to cry for? Who else am I going to shed these useless tears for, huh Chanyeol? I love you so much it hurts me to see you go.” Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Chanyeol’s waist, as he tried to savor this last moment that he and his lover were to be together.

 

“You know that we can’t stay like this forever. I am a Prince, and I have no freedom to do just whatever I want to. I want to love you, I really do. But it just really won’t work out between the two of us anymore.” The giant caressed the back of Baekyun’s head; his brown locks were soft to the touch of his fingers on them.

 

“Is it because you love Kyungsoo now? Is that it? Is it because you fell for him? Is that it? Is this why you are leaving me?” Baekhyun raised his head, his eyes shine looking into the Prince’s eyes, and tears were flowing down his cheeks as Chanyeol cupped his face to wipe them away.

 

“Kyungsoo will always be a priority for me, since he is now my fiancé. But I can’t say I love him, because I only look at him as a friend. You have to realize that he should be well taken care of because I need to face the consequence of choosing him as someone to marry. I don’t want him to feel like a burden to this.” The beagle suddenly snuggled his face on the giant’s chest, hearing the soft muffles and sobs that he needed to let out because he couldn’t take it any longer.

 

The giant then felt a pang of hurt in his heart, as he realized what he said. He couldn’t understand why, but the thought of Kyungsoo as “just a friend” made his heart ache for an unknown reason. He wanted to ask himself why, and wanted to know why does he feel so uncomfortable and sad when he calls his fiancé just a friend, but he had to put it away for a while as he focused more on Baekhyun who was actually a crying mess right now.

 

“Why does this have to happen between the both of us?” He muttered under the cloth, as he cried like it was the last day he would ever see Chanyeol again.

 

“I have duties, and I have to put them first for now, because everyone is watching over me and I am needed to do it because it is my obligation. You will always be a part of me, Baekhyun. But right now, my heart is just too confused and mixed. And if ever soon, I realize that my heart truly wants you, you know I’ll always come back to you.” Chanyeol kissed the top of Baekhyun’s head, as he felt the shorter make a faint nod before looking back up at the giant.

 

“I love you, Chanyeol. Always remember that.” No more words were said after, as they both closed their distance between them and shared one last kiss. This was, of all things, the first and the last kiss Baekhyun will ever receive from Chanyeol, since even throughout their relationship together, Chanyeol never dared to kiss him, not even once.

 

Even so, he knew that Chanyeol was holding himself back in doing so.

 

Because he knew deep down, Chanyeol still had his heart locked on that one person Baekhyun will forever despise the most.

 

Only that, Chanyeol did this kiss for him right now, just so to give Baekhyun a simple favor before he officially calls off their relationship.

 

Although, Chanyeol feels like he cheated on someone.

 

Someone more like ---

 

Kyungsoo.

 

He couldn’t understand why, but he feels so disgusted with himself as the thought of Kyungsoo knowing about this pops up on his head.

 

‘Would Kyungsoo feel hurt if he knew about this?’

 

‘Why do I feel like this is so wrong?’

 

‘Why does it feel like I am not liking this?’ He thought to himself as his lips was still in contact with Baekhyun’s.

 

It was chaste, but still passionate, as the pulled away from a steady lip lock, and then they just stood there and hugged each other for a while, just to make each other feel that they would see each other soon enough.

 

“Thank you always, Chanyeol.” Was what Baekhyun said as he rubbed his face onto Chanyeol’s chest once again.

 

“We’ll still get to see and greet each other in school anyways.” Chanyeol lifted up the ambience a bit, making his famous yet annoying laugh as they both pulled out of the hug, making Baekhyun punch him on the side.

 

“Yeah yeah yeah. Whatever, you’re still a giant Yoda anyways. But I still love you though.” Their conversation then ended up lightly, as they were heard with laughter and jokes now. They knew to each other that despite being not lovers anymore, they knew they couldn’t stand not being the best of friends that they were like before.

 

Although, despite their happiness and laughter with each other, little did they know that there is one person whom they’ve already broke a heart on.

 

Most especially when it’s someone that has been very essential to the both of them.

 

---

 

Author’s Notes:

Chapter Fourteen done!!! ~ <3

And as promised here is the new update ~ ^^

I am very sorry if it actually took a while, since I actually revised the last part, since I didn’t really know what to do with it ^^” I had a little writer’s block towards the end, but I managed to fix it after my sister talked to me about some ChanSoo fic she read (I forgot the title actually XD).

Anyhow, this chapter has a lot of roller coasters on going, and like I said, the drama is just beginning, of course I really can’t write a story without a little spice of crying and well, drama, right? XD

I just hope you guys will like this chapter. I am very sorry for updating so long T u T

I still love you guys as always <3

Anyways, I hope you guys will enjoy this chapter ~

Happy Reading and Thank you all ~ <3

*puing-puing~ ^^*

P.S. I’ll be writing a new Fic soon <3