Chapter Six:

My Royal Punishment

Kyungsoo's POV:

 

Wow. This feels so warm. 

 

And cozy. 

 

I feel like I wanna just stay here and sleep like a rock forever. 

 

Wait a minute. Where am I? 

 

I shifted slowly, trying to feel the foreign warmth that enveloped my whole body. I rolled onto one side as I felt a soft cushion mush up on the cheek. 

 

Wow. This is so ing soft I swear. I want to lay on this thing forever. 

 

I slowly opened up my eyes, squinting at the same time since a glint of a sun ray would sometimes hit my sight. I tried to blink a few more times before I could now open my eyes and see more clearly. 

 

Black? Pillow? 

 

Where am I? 

 

A black cushion was the first thing I saw, I stretched my hand as I reached to hug the said pillow since it was so soft I wanted it to stay on my side like for the rest of my life. I sat up from lying as I used my free hand to scratch my head, looking around the room with curiosity. 

 

I was born with too much curiosity, I swear. I need to feed it most of the time. 

 

I opened my eyes wide as I saw the room. It was pretty neat and amazing, as I saw everything in order, from the books on their shelves to the flowers arranged on their vases, it was very pleasing to the eye and calming at the same time. The motif of the room where of the colors black and cream, as the furnitures like the couch that I was sitting on and the large swivel chair like those of CEOs and bosses were of that color. There was a large garnished table in the middle, and there were small tables with flower vases and picture frames displayed on them.

 

I'd be really happy if I had a room as clean and organized as this. 

 

The walls were cream and a little tinge of white, there were also small figurines on glass tables in different forms, from Princesses to Kings and horses. I guess they were made from the finest porcelain.

 

But what amazed me most was the small balcony across the right from where I was lying. It showed the beautiful morning rays of the sun, as I have guessed that there were rose bushes there, judging by the red puffs that I can see from afar.

 

It's a nice room. Quite sophisticated. 

 

As expected from the Palace that is. 

 

I was about to fix my blankets and pillows when it finally dawned to me as to how I actually got here. I raised an eyebrow, wondering how in the world have I even gotten here.

 

How did I get here again? 

 

Wait a minute, where was I sleeping again last night? 

 

Or rather, WHERE WAS I LAST NIGHT? 

 

Oh right. 

 

--- 

 

- Flashback - 

 

"I know you would and thank you. I will see you by night Mine, and Jongdae, please attend to his needs as well, if he is hungry take him to the dining hall."

 

Mine? You have got to be kidding me. Of all nicknames you can think of.

 

How lame is that? 

 

Like what? When we get to have kids soon, he might call our son 'Yours' now. Pffft. 

 

Wait a minute. NO KYUNGSOO.

 

You are not bearing a child with him. 

 

You guys aren't going to anyways.

 

And NEVER will.

 

Oh I am a top and I am no bottom.

 

Why am I battling this with myself again? 

 

I was then shock when I saw the light of the day turn dark, as I looked up to see the giant Royal up in front of me, bent up a little bit as he held the nape of my neck. My eyes widened, as I have then felt a peck of lips that hit my forehead. I just remained unmoved, staring down on the bricked floor after he had kissed me. 

 

Seriously now why does he really like kissing me? 

 

As realization hit me, I blinked my eyes for a few times before I glared at him in a deadly manner before rolling my eyes.

 

If he thinks he can make me a ing just because of what I did then he's just so wrong about that. 

 

He should be thankful I am just giving in for now.

 

But when it's payback time, he will know who ing Do Kyungsoo really is.

 

"Uhm, Kyungsoo?" I jumped out of shock as I heard a foreign voice not far from my ear, I looked up ay him to realize that he was looking at me mortified. I blinked a few times, looking around the place when I realized Chanyeol wasn't around anymore. 

 

He isn't as tall as Chanyeol, but he seems to be taller than Baekhyun though.

 

"I - ugh. . . am sorry. I was thinking. Kind of preoccupied right now." I said as I lowered my head, biting my lip so as to not feel embarassed. 

 

Tip: One thing I hate about myself? I always get embarassed so easily like can I tear off my hypothalamus please?

 

"Awww that's okay, I understand that you're kind of having mixed emotions about your situation with Chanyeol right now, but don't worry, you'll get a hang of it soon." He gave out a soft smile, the curves on each end stretching nicely. It suits his face actually, especially his voice that sounds like a person who loves to make fun of you -- sarcastic even. 

 

Despite the joker in his looks he's kinda handsome for it. 

 

I wonder if he already has a girlfriend? 

 

He's handsome although he isn't much of my type. 

 

Augh gosh. Being biual is sometimes hard. Checking a guy out is sometimes awkward.

 

But how did he stand to be with an idiotic giant for so long? Persistent.

 

"Yeah, I hope I could get a hold of this." I gave him a pleasant smile as I looked back at him and nodded. 

 

"I know being a Royal might be difficult, but hey, ever since they heard about you here in the Palace, the King and Queen can't stop talking about you and how good of a match you are when they met you." He said as a matter of fact, as we slowly started walking to the right side of the Palace.

 

I walked with Jongdae side by side as I tilted my head in knowing. I didn't actually expect the comment that he let out about me as I looked back at where we were walking to, trying to grasp the thought at hand. 

 

So his parents like me? The King and Queen like me? 

 

And we're a good match? Really? 

 

I feel kind of flattered though. But at the same time I feel kind of sad for them. 

 

I won't have to stay long though. 

 

Like I mean what's the point right? I barely know their son. . .

 

And I don't even love him.

 

I sighed, watching my feet take turns on the ground since we was walking towards somewhere. I kind of feel like a failure to them though, like I know they like me for Chanyeol, but I will be a great disappointment at the end, not reaching their expectations and never realized that I was just forced into this, eventually doing this for the sake of Chanyeol's reputation as Prince as well. 

 

I feel kinda bad if they're the ones I'll be thinking of when we call off the marriage soon.

 

They're parents too, so I guess if they were Umma and Appa they would feel the same. 

 

"Oh, uhm I beg your pardon but, can you please stay here for a little while? I won't take long, my superior called, and I am being summoned by the Queen to go to her chambers so ---" Jongdae scratched the back of his head, feeling kind of troubled and worried about what he was gonna do if he leaves me here. He seems kind of meticulous and dedicated when it comes to his work, as I see it.

 

Which probably lit up a lightbulb.

 

I am gonna find a way out of here.

 

To go home.

 

Nice.

 

"I don't mind waiting here, I'll be fine. If duty calls it's not a problem for me. I am always used to waiting." I made a kind smile, trying to hide the sinister plan that I was going to do. I placed my arms behind my back, making cute faces at him.

 

"Wow, really? Thanks! I'm really glad you can wait, usually before with Ho Jung, she doesn't like me leaving her side and she usually bosses me around and wants me to stay as if I was her hired bodyguard ugh, it's frustrating." He sighed, his eyes looking up the ceiling as he spoke, he looked kind of disgusted, furrowing his eye brows, shrugging his shoulders as if he ate something sour. 

 

Ho. . . Jung? 

 

"Ugh, who?" I asked out of curiosity as I sat on one of the ivory benches on the side. Jongdae walked a little closer to me, his hands holding on to both sides of his waist. 

 

"Ho Jung, she is actually the daughter of the Prime Minister. Her family's have close ties with the Royals, and was supposed to be Chanyeol's alleged fianceé." He explained as he looked at me happily. He brushed his hair up before he continued to speak again. 

 

"She's actually one of Chanyeol's high school friends, and ever since then she already was so in love with him. When his parents announced that it was Ho Jung that was gonna be his bride, he felt bewildered. Eventually, you came in and changed everything, thanks to you." He made a wider smile with his white teeth out, making me feel like I was the hero who saved the Prince's from his misery.

 

Oh so the girl's name was Ho Jung. That was the girl Chanyeol was with when I peeked on him. 

 

And a daughter of a Prime Minister? Is Chanyeol not serious? He doesn't want to marry her? 

 

Why so? 

 

"Why didn't Chanyeol want to marry her? I mean she has connections, and like her family is close with Chanyeol's --" I was cut off by a loud ring tone that came from the valet's slacks, he quickly picked it up, reading the text message as he sighed, scratching the back of his head. 

 

"I think we need to save those questions for later now, Kyungsoo, but I really need to get going." He raised his arm, as he made thumbs up sign, making a shake motion to it as it was pointing on to the air or to where he was actually going for the least. 

 

"Yeah sure, I don't mind, I can wait from here, good luck!" I exclaimed as he started running farther from where I was, he looked back at me as he curved up a handsome smile. 

 

"You're the best!" After a few more seconds, he was now just a dot in my sight, and as he moved to go to the right direction, he was automatically out of my vision. 

 

I waited for a few minutes, just to make sure the coast was clear, when I slowly stood up and walked back to the left wing. I walked quietly, so as to make sure that no one was watching me, and when everything was okay, I immediately walked even faster. 

 

Now, where am I gonna start looking for the exit? 

 

I forgot my trail from the entrance, this place is downright huge, I swear. 

 

I looked around the left wing, mostly seeing closed wooden doors and on the other side were bushed walls and rose bushes and all other garden flowers that you can think of. There were also ivory statues of what probably seemed to be their family members over the generations they had as a Royal Family. 

 

It's kind of amazing here though, if I was given the chance to be a Prince I would be happy if these are my surroundings. 

 

Although being a Prince, means giving up everything you want to do and to be, and follow what the law has planned you to do. 

 

And you won't have the freedom to do anything you wanted to. 

 

I lowered my gaze as the thought came in my head. Ever since I was a kid, Umma would usually tell me about heroic prince stories and how they are able to save their princesses, and all the while I thought being a prince was being free and noble. 

 

But as I grew older, reading books and articles about them in real life were so different. They needed to represent a country and they have to act noble for their people as well. They have to follow what the law wants them to do, and eventually make sure they keep a good face and reputation to the public. 

 

Maybe that's how Chanyeol feels too? 

 

I walked a little more slowly, as I was thinking more about how would it feel being a Royal, and being married to a Royal for the least. Every one who loved Chanyeol would eventually die and call the gods just to be chosen.

 

But for my case, he was never the subject of my fascination. Make it be like Baekhyun who had been smitten for almost his whole life since our childhood. But it never dawned to me, I don't know. 

 

Was the Prince even already there when I was young? 

 

Was he a kid like me too? 

 

Why don't I get my memories straight? Augh. They're so mixed up. 

 

I scratched my head, to be honest it's true, ever since I grew up until I have reached high school, my head was all a mess. It's like one day I'll remember there was an assignment due for tomorrow and then the next day I didn't make it since I keep forgetting. Umma says it's because I lack sense of priority and usually I think of more random things than important ones. I had to buy loads of sticky notes when I got into college just to remember important stuff, and well it did work in the process.

 

But there are still a lot of things I need to remember -- the more 'important' and essential things in my life I guess.

 

Like how I passed into college, or how I got to enter that University or ---

 

How did Baekhyun became my best friend? 

 

But he is my childhood friend, right? 

 

What the is wrong with me? 

 

'Baadummmp!!!'

 

My vision just turned pitch black, as I lightly bumped onto some kind of post. It wasn't really a hard blow, thanks to the soft fabric it had as I held on to its sides for support, just to make sure I don't fall off, when a pair of warm hands held onto my elbows to prevent me from falling. 

 

Wait, did I say hands?! 

 

So this isn't a wall post? 

 

Wow. You're screwed Kyungsoo.

 

"Watch where you're going, milady. Is the floor sad or depressed? Don't worry too much about it, it won't break, I promise." He had a slightly deep, yet much more of a young man's voice. When I realized my head was resting on his chest, I immediately raised it up, trying to keep it a distance. I saw that he was wearing a formal black attire, with a few badges on the right, and an elegant red sash that was probably around his upper body. His shoulders were broad, covered by gold pads like how Kings and Princes used to wear in a Palace.

 

Wait what? Am I not in a Palace? 

 

And if this guy is wearing some good-looking Royal kind of clothing, then is he ---? 

 

I cut through my thoughts as I tried to lift my head to see who this guy was. My eyes were in full wide as I saw that by his features he wasn't just any other person in this Palace. 

 

He is a Royal. 

 

His hair, that seemed to have been brushed up to the side, was more of a dark brown, same with the color of his eyes. Although looking into it was kind of awkward and embarassing, since it felt a little alluring and all the while seductive, far more different compared to Chanyeol's strong, dark and hypnotic ones. His jawline was more prominent, and lastly his lips were more plush and red, compared to my fiancé's thin but full ones.

 

Did I just call Chanyeol my fiancé? Uhhh. No. Disgusting. 

 

"I find that you like what you see? Hmm?" I felt his hand at the bottom of my chin, as he closed my mouth that was unconsciously agape. My eyes enlarged even more at the action, as I pulled myself away from his grasp, looking back down on the ground as I felt my cheeks heat up, burning like it was going to explode. 

 

Kyungsoo. You didn't find him handsome did you? 

 

No. Get that out of your head. Out. Out. Out. 

 

But he's cu --- OH HELL NO. You are not gonna be treated like an easy-to-get prize in an raffle promo.

 

"I kid. Sorry for that." He made out a small chuckle, as I looked at him when I finally had my flushed face to calm down a bit. I glared at him with a deadly look as he raised both his hands in the air as a sign of surrender.

 

"Okay, okay, I didn't mean to crack a joke like that. I'm sorry." He said in defense, as he fixed the creases on his suit. He looked back at me as he gave me a smirk, which I had to reply with rolling eyes.

 

There was a moment of silence before he faked a sound of clearing his throat, enough for me to hear from a good distance away, as I looked at him in my usual expressionless stare, folding my arms on my chest. 

 

"If you don't mind, may I ask, ugh what brings you here in the Palace?" He sat down on one of the available benches, raising a a leg as he rested it on top of the other. He fixed the white glove that he was wearing, after which fixated his gaze back at me.

 

"It's none of your concern." I replied nonchalantly. He made out a scoff at the answer, as he brushed his hair, probably trying not to lose his temper on me.

 

Oh wow I swear, if I was to lose my temper you wouldn't like it. Not even one ing bit.

 

"So arrogant are we? But well anyways, since we're already here, how about I introduce myself." He patted the unseen dust on his slacks, stood up as he walked towards me, reaching a hand out for me to shake. 

 

"The name's Jongin. Kim Jongin." I looked up at him and down to his hand, examining if I could actually shake his hand or let it off anyways. But then since I don't want to give out a bad impression like I was some kind of rude commoner, I decided against it. I took his hand and made out a small shake. 

 

"Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo." I was about to let go of his hand when I felt his hand hold mine a little bit tighter, as if he didn't want to let it go.

 

Aggressive are we? 

 

Tell you what, I am so not affected. But let's just admit that you're way handsome. 

 

He can pass for my type.

 

"Ohh I see, it's nice to meet you, Do Kyungsoo ~ I have heard you have such beautiful and ---" I saw him bit his lip seductively, making me gulp a little as I looked away from his reaction, never realizing that I felt a hot breath on to the side of my cheek, as I looked back in front to see that he was already mere inches away from my face. 

 

OH MY GOSH. WHAT IS HE GONNA DO. 

 

I FEEL SO PARALYZED. HALP. 

 

I CAN'T MOVE.

 

My eyes grew wider again, as I saw him look down onto my chapped lips and up into my eyes. He smirked again, and this time I can feel the growing redness on my cheeks as he exhaled another batch of air. 

 

It feels so. . . alluring. 

 

Tempting.

 

But compared to Chanyeol's, it feels more sensual. Chanyeol just feels like I want to close my eyes and feel him in me. 

 

WHAT THE DID YOU SAY ABOUT CHANYEOL?! 

 

Kyungsoo, bad thoughts. Bad bad thoughts. And stop comparing. It's bad too. 

 

" --- very irresistable lips." Were the last words I heard from him when he slowly got more closer to my face. I couldn't move. And the only thing that was moving were my pupils that were shrinking.

 

Oh no. This is not happening. 

 

I want to know what it tastes like but at the same time I don't want to. 

 

What is wrong with me?

 

"Get your filthy face off of him!!!" 

 

His lips were almost brushing into mine, almost touching when a sudden scream was heard from behind me. The moment came to a stop as this Kim Jongin pulled away from whatever he was attempting to do, his face who had a y and smirky face a while ago was now gone and it all turned into a serious, quite pissed feature. He looked equally mad and equally emotionless as he looked at the person that seemed to walk towards us from behind me. 

 

"What do we have here? My dearly beloved cousin, Chanyeol." Jongin walked passed by me as he said those words, not sparing me a glance as I stood there even more wide-eyed at the name that he just called out. I turned a little bit to see what was going on, when I saw Chanyeol with furious and a much more unpleasant look, alongside with Jongdae with an exhausted look from behind him.

 

Wait a minute. Cousin? 

 

Chanyeol is his cousin? 

 

Does that just mean he's a Prince too???

 

Wow. Great. Two Princes now. 

 

"C-Chanyeol. . ." I let out, he was walking towards me as he harshly dragged me by the elbow, placing me unto his side. Jongin on the other hand made an amused smirk as he folded his arms on his chest while facing Chanyeol. 

 

"Why wasn't I informed? That you brought your lovely fiancé here in the Palace."

 

"That is not of your concern Jongin. And don't you dare touch or lay a hand on him."

 

There was a little heavy feeling of tension between the two, as I saw them locking their gazes at each other. I looked back to check up on Jongdae, when he shook his head and gave me a disapproving look. 

 

Oh damn, you are in so much trouble Kyungsoo.

 

See? I told you running away like that wasn't a very good idea. 

 

"Oh well, but I guess Kyungsoo liked my company? Right, milady?" Jongin jokingly wiggled his brows at me, making me look away and just regretfully look down at the most interesting brick floor I have ever seen. 

 

"Shut up Jongin. He isn't yours and don't you even dare touch him. He is mine." I can hear Chanyeol put an impact or emphasis on the word 'mine' as I looked up at him. 

 

Much to my surprise I saw a hint of hurt in his eyes. As if he was pained by what I did.

 

You don't have to look like a jealous boyfriend. We don't even have feelings for each other. 

 

But why does his eyes tell more of a truth than a pretentious one? 

 

Did I really hurt him? 

 

"Chill my dear cousin, I was just trying to test him. And I didn't mean no harm." Jongin shrugged, as he walked back and forth in a steady motion at one spot. Chanyeol was staring at him intently before he just sighed, relaxing his shoulders as the anger in his eyes soon faded.

 

Testing me? Woah. Seriously. What do you think am I? A child's play thing? 

 

Well you. I am not a doll with batteries.

 

"Just please stop that. I understand that you didn't mean it, but was it your intention to actually kiss him?" He raised an eyebrow at the latter, as I could feel an ambience of suspicion dawn to him. The other, who now stopped walking, faced Chanyeol as he made out a playful chuckle.

 

"Of course not, Chanyeol. Why would I do that?" Jongin's eyes turned from a sinister look to a more concerned and kind one. It amazed me, as I saw his brows furrow lightly, looking at Chanyeol with regret. 

 

"Fine, Jongin. I'm sorry for screaming at you like that too. I just hope what you are saying is true." Chanyeol went back to his soft self, much to my anxiousness I sighed in relief as I saw that it ended out in a good way.

 

"Trust me when I say, I don't have such interest in your precious fiancé." Jongin smiled, nodding like what he said was a fact.

 

"Good. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to take what's mine back to where he needs to be." He grabbed my by the arm, looking from behind where Jongdae was still standing, giving him a nod as a sign of go. He looked back at Jongin to give a bow, which the latter did the same as Chanyeol dragged me off to the right wing with Jongdae walking in front. 

 

I looked back to check on Jongin, he was staring at us as we walked away, his eyes were now soon fixated on me as he soon noticed me glancing. He gave out a full smile as he waved a goodbye. I nodded as a response as I went back to look at where we were going.

 

He isn't that bad though. He's quite friendly. Although he likes to play around, I guess.

 

I hope to see him some other time soon too.

 

"Jongdae, you can leave us here for a while." Chanyeol's voice boomed as he gestured Jongdae to leave. With utter obedience, the latter did as he was told, and went on to continue walking to whichever he was needed to go. 

 

"Stop wandering around and bumping into other people will you? Jongin isn't one to be talked about." His tone rose a little higher, he sound pissed and at the same time worried. I looked at him rudely, as I couldn't take being scolded by someone who's just at my age. 

 

"Well I'm sorry, but I got lost and I didn't know where to ing go."

 

"Don't you dare swear at me now Kyungsoo, my patience is drying thin on you!!!" He exclaimed, his face was an inch close to mine, as I raised my head up to meet his flaring gaze. 

 

That's it, I can't hold it anymore. How dare you shout at me. 

 

"If you just took me back home, this wouldn't even happen in the first place!!!" I retorted, I didn't scream that much though, I was still trying to control my temper, hoping no one in the Palace will be able to hear or see. 

 

"So this is still about going home isn't it? I told you you are not going to go home today!!!"

 

"Then what do you want me to do here?! Go wherever your blasted valet goes until my feet hurt? You can't just cage me in here?!" I heard him groan as he looked away from me, he walked back and forth just to probably calm himself, brushing his hair up, and then went back to staring at me. 

 

"You know what? You were the first one to ever go against me." He pointed a finger on my face as it even made more mad. I was clutching my hands into fists as if it were to bleed on my stubby fingers. 

 

"Don't you dare point at me. Just because you are Royalty doesn't mean you can demand me to respect you for your actions." I gave him my ever so deadly death glare, swiping the finger away from my face. He scoffed as I did so, holding onto his waist as he couldn't believe the words I just said. 

 

"So this is how we're going to be then huh? Then so be it, from this point of time I am forbidding you from going out of the Palace without my consent. You can only get out if I say so." His voice became stern and monotonous. He looked at me straight in the eye with no emotions whatsoever. 

 

And it shocked me.

 

What did he just say? 

 

WHAT DID HE JUST DO?! 

 

HOW DARE HE DO THAT TO ME, HE CAN'T LOCK ME IN HERE FOREVER?!!!

 

"You can't do that to me!!!" I was now screaming, that is for me it was already at the top of my lungs. He just brushed my words away as he walked passed me. My eyes widened at the sudden action, as I looked back and he was already a walking distance farther. 

 

"Chanyeol?! You can't do that to me." I chased him off and as I have reached his side, I held on to the back of his arm, when he quickly swiped my hand away from it. 

 

He looked hurt. 

 

But why? 

 

"This is an order Do Kyungsoo. Not from Chanyeol but from a Prince, I dare say." He just walked away, I was so dumbstruck at what he just did. I didn't make a move anymore, my sight just followed his trail until he was fully gone and away from me. 

 

"Fine!!! Then I won't go. . ." I pouted, slamming a foot on the ground. I walked all the way to the right wing, faster than the usual, with my head down and not caring where I was going or where my feet were taking me.

 

How dare he forbid me to stay in this damned Palace?!! Augh!!! 

 

I want to kill him. 

 

Choke him. 

 

Punch him.

 

Why is he like this? 

 

Why can he be so cold? 

 

Why can't he be as friendly as that Jongin? 

 

I hate him so much.

 

"Aaauhhghhh!!! I hate you Park Chanyeol!!!" I whispered a scream, enough for it to be a little loud but less noisy, where only a small area could here my clamor. I stopped on my tracks as I gripped on to the pendant tightly, pursuing to pull it off my neck.

 

I don't need your promises. I don't need your vows. 

 

I don't need this pendant.

 

You don't deserve my respect and you don't deserve me. 

 

I don't need you and so do you. 

 

I JUST WANT TO GO HOME AND NEVER SEE YOUR FACE AGAIN!!!

 

I was at the brink of pulling it out, when I came to a stop. I didn't know what made me do so, but I then felt a pang of guilt all of a sudden, my grip on the pendant was now loose, lowering my head as I opened my palm to reveal the pendant's beauty. 

 

Soon tears were starting to fill in my eyes, staring at the pendant with sorrow, more so you can call it pain. I moved my hand up as I ducked my head a little more to kiss the pendant, when the tears were now continuously falling from my eyes. 

 

"Why are you so mean to me?" My body started to shake, making small hiccup sounds. Eventually I couldn't stop the emotion as I just let it flow and cried. 

 

To be honest, I haven't cried in like, for quite some time now. I guess the last time I cried was when in my High School years when I failed a test. That was the only time I remembered to have felt these wet drops of salty tears flow down on my cheeks.

 

And now that I cried again, it's not because of school anymore. 

 

I cried because of Chanyeol.

 

I feel so hurt. I feel like I was really being caged. Like they will never set me free. 

 

He would never let me go. 

 

Why though?

 

I tried to stop my small sobs when I heard a crisp gush of water from somewhere. I looked up, realizing that the moon has just dominated the sky, illuminating it's wonderful light on the dark night. 

 

It was already nighttime. 

 

I didn't know how long I actually had been out of these gardens now, as I was more curious about where that gushing sound came from. I listened from the wooden doors, but it wasn't even close to the sound.

 

Strange. I never knew they had some kind of river here. 

 

I walked around a little more, I was glad that the Palace was silent during the night, as I heard the sound grow louder. 

 

"Where could that sound be?" I looked around the corner, when it finally dawned to me that it was close to a certain bushed wall. I walked a little closer, and when I confirmed that the sound was from there, I immediately rushed towards the walls, leaning my head sideways as I started listening to where the waters might be. 

 

Is there a place behind this Palace?

 

Why does that sound like the sea to me? 

 

I went a little more further when I almost tripped at one wall that was slightly soft compared to the others. Much to my luck, I balanced myself first before I looked at that particular bushed wall.

 

It's softer. And it seems more thinner compared to the others.

 

I tilted my head, wondering why such wall wasn't as durable as the others. I tried to poke it the first time slowly, and to my dismay it didn't barge. I did it the second time, with a little more strength, and much to my shock, the block of bushed wall moved in a little. 

 

What is this? A pathway? That's weird. 

 

I leaned my ear on the wall once more before I was planning to go in. I closed my eyes to focus on the sound, when I felt a tinge of enligtenment when the gushing sound was heard. It was even louder and clearer now. 

 

The sound of the water. It's in here. 

 

I wonder what is behind this? 

 

I walked back from the wall, looking around to see if there was anyone around or of there were guards in close watch. When I felt that it was all right, I proceeded to go upfront the bushed wall, placing my palms on them. 

 

Wait a minute, so does that mean that what's behind this wall is out of the Palace grounds? 

 

But that would mean as early as now, I am already breaking Chanyeol's rule on me. 

 

Okay Kyungsoo. Think twice before doing something reckless again, you don't want any trouble anymore.

 

I stopped and thought for a moment. I was this close to actually to walking back and turning around. I let my hands fall on either side of my body, I was just that close to actually just walk away and not do it, telling myself that I will have to just forget about it the next day. 

 

But there is just something about this place that makes me want to see it. 

 

I have a feeling that I need to see it. 

 

I don't know why, but there is just something ringing in me, that tells me that there's something about it that makes me feel like I have something to do with it. 

 

I looked back up at the bush, as I fiddled on to the pendant, needing of assurance. 

 

Please tell me what I am about to do is right.

 

With a deep exhale, I then pushed the block of bush in without any more restraints. It was easy though, after a few more pushes I then felt the ground became a little bit lower than where I was standing, and this time, I totally tripped on the grassy ground. 

 

Okay now that hurts. Just get up Kyungsoo.

 

I managed to regain my composure, as I stood up, brushing the grass and dirt away from my uniform as I picked the block up and returned it to it's actual place, just to make sure no one finds out or sees me. 

 

You have got to be kidding me. 

 

This is what the Palace is hiding from behind? 

 

Now that I have placed the block back, I faced in front to see what view was in store for me. My eyes sparked at the sight of it, and more so, I never did regret one bit on the decision that I made.

 

The sea. Flowers. Fireflies. 

 

A garden? 

 

I walked forward, amazed at every nook and cranny as I pleased myself with the hidden wonder that I saw. I approached the edge where the sea was close, as I gave out a sound of amusement as the silent waves reflected the beautiful moonlight, sparkling across the horizon together with the stars. 

 

I have never seen such a beautiful place before. 

 

I looked onto the bushes and the grasses with different colors of flowers. I smiled at the fireflies that played around me, when suddenly some of them flew on to the right direction, as they went in on a whole of a large tree trunk. 

 

There's a tree here? I never saw it when I came in.

 

I looked up to it, mouth slightly agape as I realized how tall and big it was. It must be a hundred years old now. It had a thick trunk with a lot of branches holding onto bundles of leaves. The wind blew, rustling some of the leaves, falling off to the grown as I caught one of them that flew to my direction.

 

The leaves are green and healthy. They look really large --- 

 

Have I seen this place before? 

 

I held on to the leaf as I stared back at the tree. I took me a while to make me think if I have ever encountered such place, but then decided to shrug the idea off, since I know this was definitely my first time here and just laid down on the comfortable grass.

 

But seriously though. It seems kind of familiar. But meh, I guess I saw this on one of my favorite dramas before. 

 

Little did I know that my eyes were slowly falling, until I felt a feeling of fatigue hover me, making me just close my eyes shut, hearing only the sea flow and wave a lullaby all through the night. 

 

- End of Flashback - 

 

---

 

"Right. Right. I fell asleep at the garden." I continuously rubbed my temple as it came into thought. I then tried to get myself off the blanket, and much to my surprise, I realized that I was only now wearing the white polo of my uniform. The upper buttons were released, and in panic I looked at the wall in front of me to see that my blazer was now neatly hung up there. I immediately looked away from my messy features as I covered myself back in the sheets.

 

Who in the erts of the Earth tried to strip me off last night?!

 

I looked around once more when suddenly realization then again slapped me on the face.

 

Then. . . 

 

WHO FOUND ME AT THE GARDEN?! 

 

"You should probably know that I was born here, and eventually I know every pathway around the Palace, and you don't have to say your thoughts out loud too." A deep voice was heard from the door, my eyes still as wide as the ocean as I looked on to where the source of the voice was. 

 

Chanyeol. 

 

Well . He was the one who found me. He knows about the garden. 

 

Did he me? Wait no. He couldn't do that, I know he wouldn't.

 

But then how did he know that I was there? 

 

I am stuck as gum on someone's hair. 

 

Well, good luck Kyungsoo.

 

He then walked towards the me, I immediately tried to shuffle off the couch. 

 

"And where do you think you're going?" He was already in front of me, folding his hands and checking on me. I stood up from the couch, not sparing a glance at him as I tried to walk passed him like invisible air, or he was just plainly inexistent to me right now.

 

Why is my feet tangled? 

 

Oh shizz hell no.

 

I was about to pass on his right when suddenly my foot tripped on the blanket that I was still wearing, wrapped like a burrito around my body. I couldn't control my movements as I tried to get off the fabric, realizing that I might soon fall off the ground, flat on the face.

 

Well, here goes nothing. Goodbye beautiful nose. Goodbye nice face. 

 

Hello shame and bruise marks.

 

'Bummmp.'

 

My eyes were closed shut, I was so ready to get hit by solid ground, when I felt a soft lump underneath me. I was now free from the sheet's hold as I tried to feel what lump had saved me from a tragic fall. 

 

Cloth. With buttons on them.

 

And why does it feel kind of hard and it seems like it's breathing? 

 

Oh mother.

 

I opened my eyes to see myself staring at Chanyeol's half bare chest. His buttons were also loose at the top, as my fingers were caressing over his toned body. My cheeks began to turn pink at the thought, as I looked up to see him staring back at me with a wide smile.

 

"You should probably stop falling off, or you might literally hit your head soon when I'm not around." 

 

We are lying on the floor. In this position. 

 

This close.

 

THIS CLOSE.

 

Oh dear, what am I gonna do.

 

Fudge.

 

Shivers came down my spine when I felt his large hand snake up to my back, wrapping his other arm around my waist so not to let me out of his hold. The adrenaline on my cheek grew even redder, as I looked away from him trying to look for a better thing to stare at. 

 

"L-let me g-go. . ." I stuttered, struggling to let out of his hold. But much to my efforts it was to no avail. As per usual, since he was the Giant Royal, he had a strong grip on my small frame.

 

I feel so small when I am around this big bunch of a Royal idiot. 

 

"I won't, not until you look at me in the eye and talk to me." He sounded soft, kind for the least, which actually made me stop thinking of other things, when the blush resided and I looked at him deep in the eyes. 

 

"Whatever you want to say, I don't want to hear it." I stubbornly answered as I made a pout. He let out a deep chuckle, looking into different directions as if thinking of what he would want to say to me. 

 

"I don't mind if you don't put this up on your head but I just want you to tell you that ---" He stopped on his words staring me in the eye. I looked away as I felt a little awkward at the contact, making me blush a bit. 

 

"I want to tell you I'm sorry." 

 

"You're what?" I raised an eyebrow as I spared a glance at him.

 

"I'm sorry for screaming at you like that yesterday. I didn't intend to. I just felt a little frustrated that you didn't want to stay with me even just for a night. . ." His brows furrowed, lowering his gaze as I felt his grip on my waist quite loosened. 

 

"As a Prince, it's my first time to let common visitors in the Palace, and usually only politicians and fortunate ones are allowed to enter the Palace by consent of the King. . ." 

 

I scanned his looks as he talked. There wasn't a crease or wrinkle drawn on his face despite his look of weary and sadness. Actually, he quite looks like a pup who's asking for a pat in the head.

 

And he looks so handsome. He really is.

 

"I took you here not only because of the tea ceremony you'll be attending later, but I took you here because I wanted to at least share with you what it is like in my life as a Royal, since you're still gonna be with me for the time being." The raised brow that was visible on my face went down as I heard his explanation. He seemed sincere in his words, as I saw a spark of pain in his eyes. I realized that yes it was true, I might be the first one he has taken to the Palace not for a meeting or a courtesy call, but he took me here to make me see how it is like to live as him and what it is to feel to be in his shoes.

 

Was that what he was all concerned about yesterday? 

 

He wanted to share his world with me? Even just for short moment? 

 

"I know what I did was wrong, but what I said and forbade you to, I didn't mean it, I ---" I placed my index finger over his mouth by instinct, as I wanted him to stoo explaining and keep his mouth shut. We looked at each other for a brief moment, when I gave out a sincere smile at him.

 

"It's okay. I understand. I am sorry for running away like that. I just missed home. That was all. But that doesn't mean I don't want to stay here." There was a hint of happiness in his eyes as I said those words. There was a slight tinge of pink grow on his large ears as he smiled widely like he was high on aerosol, which was practically contagious as I let out a wide smile as well. 

 

I never knew he could smile that wide. He looks like a kid. 

 

He looks more normal and handsome if he smiles that often.

 

"Prince Chanyeol, I have something to tell -- ohhh." We both looked back at the door, seeing that Jongdae has just barged in the room. We just stared a each other for a while when Jongdae began clearing his throat. 

 

"Uhhhm, did I disturb your 'Mine' time together? I can just go and --" 

 

"No no no, w-we aren't doing anything we j-just ---" I quickly stood up from that odd position as I fumbled in the pendant, feeling so embarassed and looking around every speck of the floor if there were dirt on them.

 

Oh gosh my cheeks are burning hot. Keep calm. Very calm. 

 

"Kyungsoo tripped because he was wrapped on sheets so to catch him." Chanyeol said straightforwardly as he draped his arm on my shoulders. I sighed as I felt his familiar warmth soothe me a little.

 

"Ahhh I see, well okay. Anyways, I was sent here to tell the both of you that the Queen cancelled the tea ceremony for this morning, so that you and Kyungsoo can have time to prepare for lunch time instead." Jongdae said as he looked at the both of us with a pleasing smile. 

 

"Okay. Understood. Thank you for the information, Dae. You take your rest for now, there aren't much things to do in the morning." Chanyeol gestured a bow as his valet did as well, nodding in approval as he opened the door and left me and Chanyeol again at peace.

 

"I can take you to our room for you to freshen up, your clothes have already been unpacked and placed on the cabinets. The clothes that you will be wearing for later is placed on the bed." He walked up to his table as he sat comfortably on his swivel chair. 

 

"Aren't you gonna take me to our room?" I didn't want to put fire to another argument, as I have then to accept that fact that I really am in need of living in the Palace.

 

"In a while, for now you can stay here and look around. I need to take a little nap too you know." He gave a wink as he turned his swivel chair to face wall, and was probably already trying to sleep. 

 

I picked up the unkempt sheets on the ground, folded them and placed it on the glass table. I shooked my head as I walked towards his table, seeing a glance of his side view, he was now soundly asleep. 

 

"You look more human when asleep, I hope you show more of that side of you." I told myself as I smiled at the thought, I then pursued to looking around and scanning the place while he's still napping. 

 

Pendant, please tell me that he will always act like this. It feels nice when he's that sweet. 

 

I wish to see more of him soon. 

 

---

 

——————————————————

 

Author's Note:

 

Chapter Six Done!!! XD 

So far this has been my longest chapter woohoo ~~~ ^^

 

I actually did a lot of revisions with this chappie, the reason why it took quite long and stuff - w - "

 

But then all is well ~~ 

 

TANTANANAN ~~~ Here's what you guys have been all waiting for ~ 

 

Prince Jongin ~ <3

It's his first show in this story and don't worry you will see more of him soon in the later chapters ~

 

So for now, Imma study for exams Q u Q Wish me luck guys Q u Q/

 

Thank you so much staying tuned to this story O u O

 

Happy Reading ~ <3

 

*puing-puing~^^*