Chapter Sixteen:

My Royal Punishment

Sehun’s POV:

 

I hope Kyungsoo-hyung is fine wherever he is right now ---

 

He looked like he was about to die without seeing that tall elf of a Prince today.

 

I wonder if that’s really how falling in love feels like?

 

. . .

 

I was sitting on the floor of my room, leaning my back on the footboard of my bed, focusing my strength and attention on the video game that I was playing. I tried to keep my thoughts away from my baby Hyung, but then my chest won’t stop ramming from anxiousness, as if I it’s going to be the end of the world tomorrow or something.

 

I just hope he’ll be fine.

 

I don’t want him to worry much.

 

I paused the game I was playing. I couldn’t even get my stats right and more so I couldn’t think of a better strategy to win this lovely excuse for a console game because every other minute, Hyung’s face pops out of my head like a creepy horror character that won’t stop bothering me ‘til my very last breath.

 

I placed the controller on the side, resting my head on the footboard as I stared up at the ceiling.

 

The last time he ever did worry too much was when Appa suddenly collapsed during our last day in Gangwon, the same day we were celebrating Hyung’s 16th birthday.

 

“APPA!!! APPA!!! --- AUGHHHHHH. . . AHHHHH ---”

 

His screams were still fresh in my memories, the day he got too worried and his head began acting up, it didn’t feel like Appa was the one in the verge of dying.

 

It felt more like Kyungsoo-hyung was.

 

“M-My h-head --- I-I can’t s-see anything. . .”

 

I remember his body shaking, his eyes wide open like it was soon going to pop out of his face, but claiming that it was dark and he couldn’t see anything, made my heart pound so fast like it could actually win a car race right at the very moment.

 

“. . . Hun. . . Hun. . .My head. . . It hurts ---”

 

Although that was such a long time ago, I swore to myself to keep Kyungsoo-hyung from worrying, and will try my very best to keep him happy.

 

“Ch-Cha --- N. . .”

 

I remember him saying a weird name though. I know the doctor said it would take him a very long time for his head to recover because of the impact, but every time his anxiety kicks in and his head aches, he seems to blabber a lot of things that I never heard him say or hear from him at all.

 

“Hyung? What are you saying?”

 

“Ch-Chan -- ?”

 

What the was that he was trying to say?

 

“Yaahhhh!!!” I suddenly snapped out of my thoughts, shocked to see a hand waving in front of my face, the voice that echoed on my head woke me up from the thinking I have been lost into, I looked to my left, knowing where the hand was and to my surprise saw a smirk right there and then.

 

“Aishh Kai-ah, don’t do that again next time, I was in the middle of thinking.” I rolled my eyes, grunting at this sudden appearance as I got up from the floor and slammed my down to the bed. His gaze followed my movements, as he was kneeling on one leg, his right hand resting on the thigh, making a scoff before fixing his gaze on mine.

 

“What was it you were thinking? How I could get a thousand girls in one semester? Or how could I possibly win this crazy contraption of a game? You looked really spaced out there seriously.” He went on to sit on the floor, looking at the TV screen with the paused game I was playing, examining what it was before he shifted his gaze back at me.

 

“I-It’s nothing, I was just trying to think of school tomorrow.” I looked away, rolling my eyes over for like the 5th time this morning as I tried to wash away the growing blush that was yet to be visible on my cheeks. I didn’t know how long I got carried away from my thoughts, and all of a sudden this guy pops out and gets into my room like it’s the most normal thing he could ever do to me.

 

Well yeah, it is normal now since you guys are “friends” right?

 

Let me correct that – we’re friends in general now.

 

It’s like, almost three and a probably a half since I began residing at the Palace, I visit my parents some times during Sundays with Kyungsoo-hyung, and most of the time check up on my brother while his fiancé is out for work or something that only Royals will ever understand.

 

And of course, what’s new? Hanging out with this guy, whose smirk will practically never get off his face not unless I give him a good punch and a lovely kick on the balls.

 

Yeah, this is probably my new life now.

 

And I am practically stuck with this guy for as long as I need to.

 

“You? Think of school? Don’t play good boy at me Sehun, it would take a whole lot of miracles for you to actually give a about school.” He laughed, taking the controller that I fully forgot, leaving it on the floor as he unpaused the game and continued to take my place on the console. He is on his white messy polo again, I don’t if this is actually the only clothes that Royals consider normal – wearing just a loose buttoned polo won’t actually make him, even as a Prince, look like any other guy you see walking on the block and eating their daily sandwiches.

 

He looks way different.

 

Like how can I say this – attractive?

 

Although practically others might think of it as it.

 

Not on my watch though ---

 

Maybe?

 

“Would it be bad to think about school? What if I was thinking about the cafeteria’s next menu for tomorrow?” I laid down flat, holding on to a pillow as I stared up at the ceiling.

 

“It would be bad if you started sounding like ‘I wanted to know how may grades are’ or ‘I am going to make my assignments now or study for quizzes’, and I’ll probably call the asylum to take you in.” I laughed at his comment, his eyes not tearing away from the game he was playing. I sat up, leaning my head heavily on to the pillow I was holding, watching how he could actually play the game well, so to say.

 

“Yahhh, you got something to do?” He turned back at me expectantly; I looked down to meet his gaze as we just stood silent there for a while, just blinking into each other’s eyes.

 

“Ommo ---” I began, but stopped, trying to half-think and not since I began to feel a certain churn in my stomach as I felt my chest tighten as we both stared at each other like it’s the most anticipated thing we have ever waited to do for so long.

 

I feel my heart’s turning really bad.

 

I don’t know what is this but ---

 

When did he look so ---

 

Well, his lips are ---

 

Well , cut it out Sehun.

 

You’re gonna creep him out.

 

“So??? You going somewhere or nah? Hun, please stop spacing out will you?” The silence was cut as he spoke. I shook my head to clear the thought away as I tried to snuggle my face on the pillow for an excuse to look away.

 

“Obviously no, Kai. I’ve been like, stuck in this room for the whole ing morning.” I sounded like an bored and uninterested kid, just like my usual attitude as the emotionless guy that I am, even though deep inside I feel like my system is going to blow from the sudden feelings I had for no reason at all. I didn’t want him to know I was this close to actually stuttering, since I am so good at hiding my emotions compared to my Hyung, although Kyungsoo can hide it sometimes, but if it gets too intense, he couldn’t actually hide it himself anymore.

 

Unlike me for a fact, even though how intense or heavy I am feeling, I still get to hide it and tuck it in the deepest parts of my heart, where I could just wipe it away and forget about it.

 

It isn’t quite that of a bad thing, right?

 

“Where’s the honorific now? Lost in the woods? If the Elders or even just the Royal Family hear that you just call me by my nickname or first name, they’d be so outraged by your behavior.” He stood up from the floor, I raised my head to see what he was doing, and instead of pausing the game, he went towards the television to turn it off, bending a little bit to turn off the console as well, placing the controller on top of it.

 

“Pffft, honor my face Mr. Kim Jongin, but as far as I remembered, friends don’t call other friends by their position titles of whosoever they are in whatever matter they have been to.” I scoffed, my sight following him as he walked back at the edge of the bed, standing and placing one hand to his waist.

 

“You are such a diva you know that, Hun? This is why I like you so much.” I felt myself turn to stone as I heard him with a matching low chuckle. I don’t know what I was actually thinking nor can I even figure out what the actual am I actually feeling or contemplating about just now.

 

Sehun --- SEEEHUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!

 

Are you feeling flattered at what Kai just said to you?

 

He likes you?

 

Likes?

 

Well yeah he does, because you guys are FRIENDS.

 

What else are you ing trying to prove?

 

“Yeah yeah, w-whatever. But I’m still not calling you Prince.” I stood up from the bed, threw the pillow away as I rushed my way to the bathroom to give myself a shower.

 

“Aren’t you gonna ask me where we’ll be going?” Kai followed from behind me, as he stopped at the entrance of the bathroom as he leaned his body on the edge, folding his hands over his chest.

 

“I don’t need to ask where you’re going to take me, even if we go to hell now I don’t mind as long as I get out of this boring place.” I closed the door of the bathroom, not actually caring if it slammed on his face or nose or something. As I proceeded to turn the shower on, took off all of my clothes and dived into what seemed to be the one of the most comfortable places I could get my peace of mind on.

 

I hope this day would be good.

 

It’s been so stressful for me, getting bored and all cramped up with thoughts of what had happened to my baby Hyung.

 

Well anyways, gotta take time bathing for a while before I get out and go with Mr. Unroyalty wherever he wants to take me or go to whichever hell he wants to go.

 

---

 

Jongdae’s POV:

 

I hope Kyungsoo’s alright.

 

I was still leaning myself on a post nearby Prince Chanyeol’s study room, the feeling of hurt already died down in me, probably because like the usual. I don’t want to get the pain right through my head, since I am used to this kind of pain ever since this feeling of uncertain love and of mine happened.

 

Been there done that.

 

I am always being left as the one having unrequited love anyways.

 

Just like my best friend before.

 

I slowly walked around the Palace for a while, since my duty is off during the weekends, I could spend much more time to myself and contemplate about how I am born as a fool and what the is actually wrong with my life choices.

 

This isn’t my first heartbreak.

 

Or I can’t even call this a heartbreak.

 

Like the usual, I just actually am infatuated. Like a kid who fell in love with a toy and after a while would throw it away since it’s been a month or so that you’ve been using it, making you lose interest, letting you find another toy to play with.

 

Yeah, maybe that’s why I don’t call this heartbreak; I would rather call this my foolishness.

 

I fall in love so easily, I tend to forget that love in reality isn’t just like a fairytale where love at first sight is the sweetest escape of leading yourself to a happily ever after.

 

No, it’s not like that.

 

For me? It never was.

 

I walked down to where the large fountain was located, stood in front of it as I watched the never ending waters fall and go right back up. How funny and clever it is that whosoever has invented this, might have such a bright mind of trying to cycle the same water flowing into it, without even making the basin of it full.

 

Just like my foolishness.

 

Like a never ending cycle as well.

 

When will I ever learn?

 

“I am sorry but I am not in love with you.”

 

I still remember those painful words, they were still fresh in my brain like fruits that have just been picked up from some tree of some sort, although the ache in my heart is lesser compared to what I had felt years ago during junior high.

 

It was a pain in the , I swear.

 

I was this happy, all-friendly kind of kid, who had the cutest, most attractive best friend anyone could ever have.

 

His name was Kim Minseok.

 

I smiled at the thought, realizing that I was already sitting on the edge of the fountain, reminiscing those good old days where me and him had always loved to slack off, sometimes skip class to make the teachers pull grudges on us, making them even more nuts when we take the exams and garner higher scores than anyone else who always had perfect attendances during their classes. Our favorite meeting place or “headquarters” rather was the far end of the school’s garden, where no one usually comes into and was actually close to nature; there was only one bench to sit on there, although old and the marble was a bit tainted, soon turning to crumbs, it was still of use for the both of us, our weight wasn’t really that of a problem for the seat anyways.

 

“This will be our headquarters from now on, were we’ll always meet and have fun!!!” He says one day when we were eating our snacks there, happily munching up on a steamed bun.

 

“Why do you like it here though?” I asked him while I was eating my own lunch, gaze still stuck on how cute he can chew up his food.

 

“Because this is the spot where I can see a lot of cherry blossoms fall down, especially during the sunset. It’s beautiful, I swear. You should probably see it later after the last class ends.”

 

His smile was like the brightest star that could ever make me blind, that could always make me fall for him every single day. As long as his smile was made from my doing, I wouldn’t ask for anything less. Seeing him is like finding a precious treasure from a long time ago, and has been found rightfully into my very hands.

 

Although, everything changed after that.

 

The moment I was so ready to tell him how much I felt about him, I had full hopes, wishes even.

 

But it all shattered in one go.

 

I knew him ever since we were kids; I knew he was always that clingy to me, I knew he was always that loving and caring to me, no matter what the cost.

 

I thought for a while that the reason behind the actions he has always showed upon me, the shyness of his face whenever I tell him how good of a singer he is, or how beautiful he was when he puffs his cheeks and pouts; even on the nights where it is just me and him alone in his room, studying and getting ready for exams, the way he would drift into sleep, leave himself defenseless and up to me to protect him as I caress the softness of his face, I thought fir a while those were the signs of how he would have felt the same way as I have. The way he would lay his head on my shoulders when he sleeps or when we are into a watching a movie, opening up deep conversations that only me and him will ever know, and how he would comfortably hold my hand as we walk home, snuggle into me when I sleepover to his place, or even when he hugs me every now and then, I thought for a while that those were close wishes to dreams coming true – to achievements that are soon going to take success.

 

But in the end, I realized, I was wrong.

 

What I failed to see, under the blinding shine of his smile, and the beauty of his face, the happy attitude, and whatever that I have seen deep within him – his secrets, his pains, his happy and memorable moments, all of them were spent with me, always with me, and for all time will always be with me ---

 

I failed to see that I was the only one falling all along.

 

“I have something to tell you, Dae.” We were at our favorite spot, it was spring time and the cherry blossoms were beautifully falling from everywhere and around us. His eyes were blinking like the pink blossoms, sparkling and beautiful around us; he looked at me with admiration, making me feel how important I was in his written pages in his life.

 

“I-I have something to say to you t-too.” I remember myself blurting out, shyly looking away from him, scratching the nape of my neck as I can feel heat rise from my stomach to the small part of my cheeks. I was nervous back then, teenagers and their hormones as they say, at the same time I was so sure, so sure that this is the exact day, the exact year and month that I would confess my love to him.

 

“Then let me start first, uhm, Dae, you have been my best friend for so long as I can remember, we hang out, have fun and do all the silly stuff only us can make, I just want to be honest with you, and I hope you would well ---” He lightly scratched the small of his cheek, his face redder than ever. It was a sight to see, how I am able to make him blush that easily without any words said, just like how I could figure out what he is feeling despite the silence, with only one look in his eyes. He was the only one who could ever make me feel giddy deep inside.

 

“Well?”

 

“I just wanted to tell you that ---”

 

“BAOOZZZIIII~~!!!”

 

That voice, that one voice that will always be ever so familiar to me, even up to now, that exact same voice still rings into my head every time I remember Minseok, and every time I remember my best friend, I remember the person who truly owns that scream of a voice.

 

And that was the voice of the boy, whom, in reality, was the reason for my best friend’s happiness.

 

“Hannie ~” The tone slurred loud and clear on Minseok’s voice. His eyes shifted to look at the man, with soft brown locks and an angelic smile, who was walking towards where we were seated. The spark on Minseok’s eyes shone ever brighter, I can still even describe how it was filled with pure happiness, pure contentment.

 

Pure love.

 

“I knew I’d find you here, again. I’ve missed you.” Seeing Minseok rush to him, as the other’s hands welcome him in a warm embrace, kissing the temple of my best friend, my only love, as they looked into each other’s eyes like it was only the both of them that ever existed in this world.

 

And that was where my heart began to shatter.

 

It didn’t really shatter fully, but if it were possible, I was already dead on the spot, there and then.

 

“Dae, I wanted to tell you about this, but I was just too nervous that you might be shocked, that I wasn’t, well straight.” He shrugged, looking back at me as the taller was draping his arms around Minseok from behind.

 

“This is Lu Han, he’s my boyfriend.”

 

Yeah well of course he is, who in the right mind wouldn’t know and see the obvious right before his very eyes?

 

Xi Lu Han.

 

The prodigal musician of the University, one of those with the most soothing, angelic voice, the son of the school’s headmaster, much better even known as every girl’s Prince Charming in the University. He was a senior so to say, and Minseok and I were a year younger from him.

 

And yes, ever since we entered that school, Minseok had already laid eyes on the guy.

 

And all the while I thought he was infatuated, like you know, idolizing him and crushing him because of his amazing talents and his handsome physique.

 

But you see, that was where I exactly got blinded. Left Minseok to feel that way, all the while I thought it was like how every other student would feel about Lu Han – adore him and wish that someday he would be exactly like him in the future.

 

But then no.

 

I let it slip on the palm of my hands.

 

Realizing that Minseok had felt something else.

 

Something far more different than just a mere crush or infatuation.

 

“I think I’m in love with him.” He would say one day, during lunch break when we spend more of our time inside the classroom.

 

“Who?” I laughed, trying to focus more on the food at hand.

 

“Lu Han-ssi. He’s really just so, I don’t know really, but I know I can feel it. I love him so much.” He would look up into the ceiling as if there were angels actually serenading and rejoicing about it.

 

“Yeah yeah, I know.”

 

And that’s just how it slipped, without realizing the feeling he had for Lu Han were real all along. Letting it pass like how you would let a butterfly go after undergoing metamorphosis.

 

I sighed once more, looking up to stare at the beautiful morning sky. The clouds were in perfect shape, making visible forms of animals and weird vehicles, food even. Although the weather is lovely and peaceful, I reminisced and refreshed the days where I had to fully let go and accept that fact that my best friend, although quietly, I knew that he wasn’t straight, can never reciprocate the feelings that I had for him before.

 

“He is the reason why, I loved staying at this favorite place of ours, the reason why I let you sometimes go home ahead, Dae. The reason why I loved to stay here and watch the blossoms fall, as the sun sets.” I still remember how his words were filled with sincerity, after he introduced Lu Han to me, asked him if we can have a talk, just the two of us, for him to explain everything to me.

 

“It all began when I went here alone, the day where I waited for you to come home from Paris, where you said you were required to accompany the Prince there. I saw him, listened and heard him sing. I sneaked, and didn’t even know that he already knew I was watching him.”

 

My heart ached, wanting to call out to him and tell him that I, myself, loved him more than how Lu Han had fell for him. Wanting to scream and let him know how he could not see that I was the one, who was supposed to capture his very heart.

 

“I was scared at first, because I might’ve disturbed his personal space. I was going to run away but no; he held me by the arm and asked if I wanted to listen to him sing more.”

 

The look on his face, the smile wide up to his cheeks whenever he talks about Lu Han.

 

How I wish, I wished that he would look the same way ---

 

If he ever fell in love with me.

 

“And that’s the reason why I am always here, waiting for him to come and play or sing a song for me.”

 

How I wished I would feel being loved. Being in love.

 

How I wish I would feel the same way Minseok is feeling.

 

But I guess that wouldn’t happen to me sooner.

 

Even now.

 

Baekhyun. . .

 

“How I wish someone would fall in love with me back. . .” I whispered to myself as I looked down to the water, looking into my reflection.

 

Do I lack things? For people not to love me in anyway?

 

Will there ever be someone who could love me as much I love them?

 

“Your Honor!!! Is there anything of the matter? Your Honor, please wait!!!”

 

I heard a large thud of the Palace Gates; probably someone has entered the Grounds quite harshly. Hearing the soldiers screaming the same honorific over and over, I snapped out of my thoughts, standing up from the fountain and realized who the person the soldier was actually calling out to.

 

Kyungsoo’s back.

 

And I feel something’s happened really bad.

 

Really, really bad.

 

I rushed forward to go see if he was still rushing away from the Palace Gates, and when I got there, I only saw the two soldiers, whom were the ones who took watch of the gate, looking a bit confused and dithered, probably trying to decode some kind of password that Kyungsoo had showed them or maybe probably Kyungsoo acted quite strangely to them.

 

“The Chosen One is back?” I asked the one guarding the left side of the gate, who, practically could not tear his eyes off the direction where Kyungsoo went, looking quite worried at the same time, seeing the small creases forming in his forehead.

 

“A-aah, ugh, uhm, y-yes, Sir, but apparently, uhm. . .” I could feel the pool of unknowing in his face, didn’t even know what he was going to tell me or to describe to me. He scratched the back of his neck, bowed to me as a sign of apology for stuttering before he fixed his gaze on his other companion, whom looked even more lost than he was.

 

“I, Ugh, Your Grace, the Chosen One – he looked kind of --- ” The other one on the right began to speak, making wavy hand gestures, seeing that it was also shaking, feeling like what he had saw, and if ever he would tell me, could kill him and shoot him dead on the spot.

 

“Soldier, please do calm. I am interrogating you in a fine manner, you need not to be nervous. This isn’t a crime that you have committed.” I told the both of them, catching their glances one by one, giving them time to inhale and take things slow and easy.

 

“Now, care to tell me why you both looked so distress as you both saw the Chosen One enter?”

 

“Your Grace, the moment we opened the gates for him, the Chosen One looked like he was in pain.” The one on the left began, trying his best to actually elaborate the story.

 

“Yes, yes, Your Grace. He was crying, not only that, he was rather sobbing. We tried to ask if there was anything we could do to help but he just quickly rushed up and went inside.” The other on the right continued, making me nod. Truly, I never doubted the soldiers’ honesty in this Palace, for as loyal as they are to the King, they are too, loyal and dedicated to their work. I gave them an assuring smile, patting them both on the soldier to give them the good of relief.

 

“That’s enough information for me to intake. Thank you for telling me this. I will take it from here, you both continue with your duties.” They both nodded in unison, giving my their salute as I did the same, before turning my back on them and went on to look for Kyungsoo.

 

He’s crying?

 

What had happened?

 

I feel my heart crack for him.

 

I pity him even.

 

He doesn’t deserve to feel things like these.

 

He doesn’t deserve to be treated this way.

 

I walked off to the direction where he and Chanyeol’s room were, seeing that he wasn’t there. I kept going, even sneaking on to the entrance of the Secret Garden, finding out that he had not even passed by here either.

 

Where could he have gone?

 

I thought for a moment, walking aimlessly and recalling every part of the palace that he could have possibly passed on or stayed at, when I suddenly heard an echo of a low sob, uneven breathing and hitching, making me look around.

 

Fortunately, seeing a small frame, crouching like a small lump from a far distance from where I was, his head heavily hanging down as he sat on the edge of the Queen’s small fountain place, his hands clutched and covering his face, as if crying was a crime and a shame to society.

 

Kyungsoo. . .

 

I feel so sorry for you.

 

My brows began to furrow deep, I don’t exactly know what actually had happened, but surely, seeing him so down and in pain like that, I think I know how much pain he had to deal with, most especially when seeing Chanyeol.

 

I was about to walk forward, to go to him and try to comfort him. I didn’t want to ask him what had happened, for if I was even in Kyungsoo’s shoes, I wouldn’t even want to talk it out and open it up when the wound is still fresh. I walked towards him, slowly getting closer, wanting to wipe the innocent tears on his face ---

 

When suddenly, I saw a hand creep out from nowhere, soothing Kyungsoo at the small of his back, caressing it up and down. I stopped for a moment, slowly walking away and hiding from behind one of the large pillars, sneaking up a bit to see who was the first person to catch up on Kyungsoo crying.

 

I looked a little bit more to the side, to see the face of the person that was holding on to Kyungsoo, seeing that the position that they were in was quite distasteful, having the Chosen One’s head to lie on his shoulder. I felt as if my brows began to furrow even deeper, a little bit angry at the sight of what he was actually doing.

 

What the hell is HE doing here?

 

What the is he trying to prove?

 

And I wasn’t really expecting him, to be honest.

 

He wasn’t the first person I had thought in mind.

 

I didn’t even think he would be the first one to sympathize with Kyungsoo either.

 

Is this some kind of show?

 

What is he trying to pull up this time?

 

I let out a small puff, trying to keep myself calm, as I felt my hands grip into tight fists as I was just left there to secretly witness what was happening at hand, without even trying to do anything, or else I might start the wrong type of fire. I wanted to make myself at ease, so that I could let myself understand the situation as I watch it go on.

 

Sorry for the harsh words and being vulgar inside but ---

 

What the actual is Prince Jongin doing here?

 

“It’s okay, let it all out, I’ll be here.” I hear him say, his words filled with promising care and sincerity. I felt my eyes twitch, ticked off at the sudden tone in his voice. He wasn’t one to show such a gentle gesture, nor does he even have the face to show such kindness. I closed my eyes, tried really hard not to interfere or barge in into the scene, trying my very best to keep my composure still and just.

 

He’s such a pretentious piece of .

 

I swear, the very first time I met him; I already had a bad feeling with this guy.

 

I don’t trust him even.

 

“I-I d-don’t know w-hat I d-did wrong. W-Was it wrong to f-fall for someone t-that doesn’t l-love you?” Kyungsoo spoke, his breath hitching and uneven, making him blurt out small stutters and broken words. It hit me though, when he asked that kind of question, I immediately realized how he actually had felt the same way as I am having right now.

 

So it’s true. It really meant that Chanyeol didn’t really have feelings for him in the first place.

 

And here, Kyungsoo, fell in love with the Prince, without even knowing how he was so open to pain, letting all his barriers down when it’s Chanyeol.

 

I feel him, I really do.

 

That moment when you begin to fall in love, eventually you leave yourself open to the world, thinking that someone would be your shield, your barrier every step of the way.

 

When you realize that you were wrong, and you let your guard down.

 

And you let your heart do the talking?

 

It’s bull.

 

“It’s not wrong, Soo. It isn’t. You have done so much for Chanyeol, but I guess you have to realize that not everyone feels the very same way as you do.” Jongin says, his hand that was rubbing Kyungsoo’s back earlier, was already ruffling onto to soft locks the shorter’s dark brown hair. His eyes, fiery and cruel before, have now softened down, and his gaze at Kyungsoo looked like he was an actual angel in disguise, trying his very best to cheer the other up, and keeping him warm and cozy.

 

Soo?

 

Who gave him the right to call him Soo?

 

Oh now he’s talking.

 

Who gave him the right to talk like that about my master?

 

He doesn’t even know what Chanyeol feels about Kyungsoo yet.

 

Well yeah, let’s just say for now, Chanyeol is madly in love with Baekhyun right about now but ---

 

Has he ever heard of the term “Change of Heart”?

 

I know Chanyeol far more than he knows him.

 

He has no right to say things like that to Kyungsoo.

 

“Just let it all out, okay? Don’t say anything. Just cry it all out, I’ll be here for you, I promise.” And with that, he suddenly let Kyungsoo face him, and eye for an eye. Immediately, my eyes went from small to pure wide and open, when I saw his face inch closer to Kyungsoo’s making him rest his forehead with the other as well. Kyungsoo leaned in to the touch, making them both close their eyes for a few moments.

 

WHAT THE IS HE TRYING TO DO?!

 

Calm, Dae. Keep calm.

 

I’ll just have to tell Chanyeol about this when he gets home.

 

He has to fix his right now or else he’ll lose it.

 

“You can always come to me okay? Don’t hesitate.” Was the last of Jongin’s words, comforting and sweet. What I did not actually expect was something that shook me, making me want to forget all the calm and clean composures that I was holding on to, and wanting to just stagger forward and disturb such an unwanted scene.

 

Jongin broke the closeness between them, as he raised his head a bit more, for his lips to meet the other’s forehead.

 

And well he kissed it.

 

No, Chanyeol will not be happy to hear this.

 

That’s probably going to be a doubt, though.

 

Don’t know if he would care to feel unhappy knowing that his cousin is kissing his fiancé’s forehead like they were having some kind of secret love affair.

 

But I have to tell Chanyeol about this.

 

For now, I need to take action.

 

After a millisecond, as Jongin had already shied away his lips from Kyungsoo’s lovely forehead, I took that as a signal and abruptly showed up to them, their faces quite in shock and disbelief, like it was the most normal thing I would ever have to do every time they needed some privacy. But well, to their dismay, they do not deserve that kind of privacy.

 

“Did I miss something here? Or did I actually disturb your private time together?” I said as a matter of fact, bold and not even scared as I tried to pierce my stare more specifically at Jongin. He scoffed, looking around things and places, not wanting to meet me in the eye. Kyungsoo on the other hand, being the dense and more unknowing, just looked at me, eyes blinking in confusion, following my trail as I walked even closer to where they were.

 

“What are you trying to prove, valet?”

 

Shouldn’t that be my line, Jongin?

 

Or rather Prince Jongin?

 

“I am not trying to prove anything in particular, but seeing you talk privately with the Chosen One without the consent of the Prince is something I cannot tolerate.” I gave him what seemed to be my ‘smile-everytime-someone-tries-to-think-he’s-God’ kind if curve, reminding him of who he was talking and where he should actually put himself to place. Where he actually needs to belong.

 

“Look who’s talking, always Chanyeol’s annoying, mouthful of kind of hound are you?” Jongin’s original facial expression finally came into view. That ill-wrecking smirk on his face has finally came back as he looked at me intently. I gave him yet another one of my smiles, looking back at Kyungsoo and softened up a bit. I can see the redness of his eyes, sore from probably crying so much, swelling and keeping the latter from letting me see the beauty that was hidden in his eyes.

 

“Well, at least I call off the shots. I know where my place and position is. The Royal Hound will always be the Royal Hound. But do you?” I quirked a brow, mimicking the same smirk plastered on Jongin’s face, making his own expression fade, his smile turning into a frown and pissed.

 

“What are you trying to tell me then, Kim Jongdae?”

 

“I am just saying that you, having your arms wrapped dangerously around the Chosen One’s shoulder, or even caressing his lovely locks of hair is actually forbidden. Forgot what the Prince had said? Not to ask Kyungsoo to meet up with you privately without him knowing or without his consent?” Realizing this, they both looked back at each other, Jongin probably eyeing Kyungsoo and silently telling him that it’s okay, while the other’s gaze began to look a bit more ashamed and at the same time uncomfortable. Kyungsoo consciously looked from behind him, noting that Jongin had really, his arms wrapped around his small frame. He immediately then stood up from where he was sitting, lowered his head and walked up to hide from behind me, leaving Jongin companionless and scoffing for like a million times already.

 

“How many times did he ever remind you not to touch things that he clearly owns?”

 

“You are not the boss of me, valet. You are probably just lucky that your master is next in line to the throne. Because if he wasn’t the one next to the King, you should probably remind yourself where you actually and truly belong.” He said to me, threatening. He stood up, fixed his clothing and walked up to me, passing by the right side of my shoulder.

 

“Even if he doesn’t inherit the throne, I will still stay on the exact same position I was given in, and even so, that doesn’t mean Chanyeol’s rank as a Prince would be of level as much as your own.” I whispered to him, making him stop as on his tracks. I can feel Kyungsoo grab the back of my polo, his grip tight on me as he leaned his head on the small of my back. I could feel Jongin’s breath hitch for a second, making me look on to my side.

 

How can you actually take that darn smirk off his face?

 

Too smug.

 

“We’ll see about that then.” Was his only retort before he continued to walk away from us, I turned around to witness him leave, placing his hands in both of his pants pockets, shrinking into view and was soon out of my sight.

 

I sighed in relief, turning around once again to see how Kyungsoo was feeling, face to face. I held him on either side of his arms, his head heavy and low, brows furrowed. His eyes looked lost, maybe deep in thought, although the very thing that was evident in his face was the pain he was keeping in, and his sadness drawn all over the puffiness of his eye bags.

 

“Are you okay? Kyungsoo?” I asked him, trying to wake him up from his worries for a while, keeping my voice as soft as possible.

 

“M-Mianhe, I-I won’t do t-that again. I-I just n-needed someone to ---”

 

“Kyungsoo, it’s okay. It really is. I am here am I not? And if you need me, I always will be here, if no one will.” I cut him off, seeing that his eyes were beginning to water again. I rubbed the side of his cheek, making smooth circles on them as I slowly made him look up to me. I gently smiled at him, making him feel comfortable and unafraid; I wanted him to know that everything will be just fine.

 

“Did you tell Jongin everything?”

 

“I-I a-augh, w-well. . .”

 

“It’s okay if you don’t want to tell me about it, and it’s okay if you told Jongin nevertheless, but next time don’t trust him too much. He’s dangerous.” I warned him, my tone calm but a little demanding. I didn’t want him to get close to that mischievous man, he doesn’t even seem to compose himself well, how much more if he’s going to try and deal with Kyungsoo and the Royal Couple’s own problems.

 

“I-I didn’t tell h-him about C-Chanyeol having some secret l-love affair, I o-only told him about B-Baekhyun.” He looked at me in the eye, probably trying to tell that what he is saying was the truth. I couldn’t say that he was lying, because his eyes seemed like it did speak the truth.

 

“I see. I believe you, Kyung. But just be careful when you are around him. And don’t go on trusting him so easily.” I furrowed my brows, shrugging my shoulders as he gave me a small smile, he nodded then afterwards, soon he laid his head on my shoulder, as I held him tighter for a hug, giving him a ray of comfort as I felt his body shaking, beginning to muffle small tones, trying to keep the sounds in and silent.

 

He was crying all over again.

 

Chanyeol, what have you done?

 

What happened? Really?

 

Was it really that painful?

 

“Was I wrong to c-care for the one I l-love? W-Was it w-wrong for me to actually t-try my best to be a b-better f-fiancé for him even t-though I know this is just t-temporary?” His words reek of depression and hurt. I can feel it between the lines, like the words of a forgotten soul that has never been remembered by his significant other. I squeezed him lightly, trying to lift the ambience up.

 

“I knew, I knew this would h-happen. I k-knew I could n-never trust my feelings. All the while, I knew I will n-never be l-loved b-back because this was all a m-mistake.”

 

“Kyungsoo. . .” I was rendered speechless; his words hit me like a blind shot from an arrow that I will never get to see in battle.

 

His words are exactly like the ones I have always told and asked myself of.

 

“W-Why is love so d-difficult? Why c-can’t we f-fall in love with the people we want, and m-make them feel the same way? C-Can you never f-fall for one mistake? Does l-love always have to happen by plan and not by c-chance? Am I. . .”

 

All that he’s saying right now, are the same words I have always pondered on.

 

The pain, the guilt and the regret.

 

The mistake of falling by chance, but was never reciprocated because it was never part of the plan.

 

And it should never have happened.

 

And that I shouldn’t fall in love for someone like my best friend, Minseok.

 

Or even with ---

 

Baekhyun.

 

“Am I. . . W-Will I --- Always be a mistake?”

 

Kyungsoo.

 

Now, I am actually just wishing that even though this happened ---

 

I just hope Chanyeol, above all people ---

 

Will never ever look at you that way.

 

You were NEVER a mistake.

 

“Am I not e-enough? C-Chanyeol. . . B-But then I guess, h-he never looked at me that way in the f-first place.”

 

“Kyungsoo. . .”

 

“I wasn’t s-supposed to be the Chosen One to begin with. I was just a mere r-replacement, to cover a scene, t-to keep Chanyeol from being h-humiliated. . .”

 

No, he will never use you, nor will he ever make you feel that way.

 

“I was just a t-tool, to keep Chanyeol from b-being caught messing around as a Prince, there wasn’t l-love blossoming between us to b-begin with.”

 

Don’t say things like this, Kyungsoo.

 

Stop hurting yourself.

 

“Like he said, his heart will always be with Baekhyun. He will always go back to Baekhyun.” He was laughing, mocking himself as tears continue to flow down his cheeks nonstop. He was holding on to the crumpled crease on my polo, gripping it even tighter, as if holding on to dear life. I couldn’t contain myself, as I felt my eyes begin to blur, b with tears. I tried to hold it in, proving to be strong for a while, for Kyungsoo at the very least.

 

“Hush now, Kyung. It’s alright. You’ll be fine, just cry it all out. Don’t say anything anymore.”

 

I know what you feel, Kyung. I know what it feels.

 

To always give love, and give and give until you have none ---

 

But will never take any from the one’s you love.

 

“Kyungsoo, let it all out, yeah? If you are ready to tell me the whole story, then I have all my ears to listen to you, and help you if you wish.” I rubbed his back, soothing it up and down, trying my very best not to sound like I was close to breaking down myself.  I can feel my voice change a bit, sounded like I was drowning in the pool of tears and heaviness in my heart. But I have to set mine aside first; it’s not me who is in pure deep pain right now.

 

It’s Kyungsoo.

 

“For now I want you to cry it all out, I’ll take you to your bedroom for you to rest, you seem tired now.” I lowered my gaze to look at him, his eyes swelling from so many tears, but still he managed to wipe them away and nod to me. I smiled at him, bowed down like how he should be treated as a Royal, because despite the fact that he wasn’t fully one yet, I will still treat him as a Royal, with all due and high respect. He tried to let out a small smile, trying to tell me even in the smallest of his happiness right now, that he was thankful, that I was around and that I was there for him. I kissed the back of his hand, a sign of respect, honoring him as the Chosen One before I took him by the waist and led him to his and Chanyeol’s shared room.

 

You’ll be fine, Kyung.

 

Just be strong.

 

For now, you need to gather up some energy for later.

 

For I know you’ll have no choice but to face Chanyeol later.

 

And I’ll probably try to get my chin up too.

 

Because this is going to be one heck of a ride.

 

“That’s just how love is, probably. You’ll have to actually sacrifice the very thing you hold dear, your every pride and every power. You’ll have to take them all away, just let to yourself capture and keep all the pain ---” I spoke to him once we were at the bedroom, he was already lying on the bed comfortably, fallen and fast asleep.

 

“Or rather, you’ll risk your very life, be dead or what not, just to make sure that your loved one will always be happy and will never get hurt. . .”

 

I couldn’t take it anymore, as I felt a pool of tears run down my cheeks, leaving it like that, not even bothering to wipe it away.

 

“But that’s just how love is, Kyungsoo. You’ll take the risk of letting your heart die in pain just to see Chanyeol happy. Even though you know that you will never be the reason why he smiles.”

 

The morning was still so early. It was close to noon time, and probably I was being summoned to the Throne Room now because the King and Queen would want to look for me and ask for daily reports.

 

But to me, it felt like it was the end of the world.

 

And to me, it felt like the world was dead now.

 

And I should’ve never breathed.

 

---

 

Author’s Notes:

Heyyy guys!!! It’s me again ~ ! ^^

Once again, thank you for all the patience and the understanding that you showed me, I really really appreciated it, and I feel a whole lot better now, knowing that you guys are there to keep me going and happy. <3

So, even though my “supposed to be update” was posted, this will be the other version of the one that got corrupted. In case you guys will be asking, this is the exact same scenario I made out on the last chapter that got corrupted, although I just had to change the wordings and the sentences since I don’t remember most of them anymore. ^^”

I should probably save an extra copy on Google Drive next time, that way I could just scan up my account and be happy that I still have a spare if ever my USB gets all cranky and will delete or corrupt files again -_-“”

Nevertheless, here is the update, I was kinda happy that I managed to finish this within the day, since today is a national holiday in our country, and I don’t have class. I have quizzes tomorrow yes, but I don’t really mind because I’ll study late, since I am a nocturne when it comes to studying, and I feel a lot happier when I see you guys happy seeing my update. I

I love you guys really. This is why I put too much effort and passion in my writing T u T

I hope you’ll enjoy this chapter ~ Sehun’s POV was cut short because I did that on purpose for the next Chapter ~ <3

Thank you thank you again ~ I love you all <3

Happy Reading and Enjoy ~ <3

*Puing-puing ~ ^^*