Chapter Twelve:

My Royal Punishment

Kyungsoo POV:

 

---

 

I was running. 

 

I didn't know where I was going but, I know I was running aimlessly somewhere. 

 

But everything that surrounded me was all pitch black. 

 

I couldn't understand why, really I don't. I can feel my feet moving back and forth, rushing on to a direction I have no idea of. 

 

Oh look. . . There's light. 

 

It's kinda small, but I'll try to run to it. 

 

And it's getting closer. 

 

And bigger. 

 

And brighter --- 

 

It's so shiny. 

 

. . .

 

The light that I probably tried to reach felt like it me up and ate me whole as I felt like I entered it with a weird "shwoosh" sound. There too, as the light soon faded, feeling my eyes blink from the shine. When my vision cleared up, I can see a large green tree on the left side. The grass, as I felt it caress on my bare feet, were green and fresh as the morning air here. 

 

When I looked straight ahead, there I realized that it wasn't morning anymore, the skies were painted pink ang purple, as I saw the sea glow, as the sun fell down to it on the horizon beautifully ending its encore. 

 

It was already sunset. 

 

I used the palm of my hand as a cover from the brightness of the sun's rays, placing it on top of my forehead, enjoying the view for a little while, breathing in some fresh air. 

 

It's beautiful as usual. 

 

I wish I could just stay like this, like there there were no problems for mw to face tomorrow. 

 

That the world never was unfair. 

 

"Why can't I see you anymore?" 

 

Huh? Who said that? 

 

A child's voice? 

 

"Where are you going?"

 

I tried to look around for the source of sound, when I finally realized I saw a two pairs of small playful feet up on the large branch of the tree. 

 

There are two kids sitting up on that tree. 

 

Aren't they even scared that they might fall off or something? 

 

I really wanted to shout and tell them to come down since it's dangerous, but I just couldn't get it into me to shout, which I don't understand why. My mouth was ready to shout and was agape, but there was something that made me stop and just wanted me to stay there I was and watch them both from above.

 

And I actually did.

 

Well, my instincts. 

 

I closed my lips shut and sealed as I just looked up and them and observed. I couldn't really make out their faces since they were to far from where I was and all I can see was the color of their hair and the clothes they were wearing. 

 

The guy on the left close to the tree trunk was wearing a white polo shirt, with blue lines on the collar, had black hair, and probably a penguin patch on the left of his chest? I can't really see well, since it looked so blurred to me, I had to believe my eye grade increased again for not wearing my glasses all the time. 

 

Honestly, all I can make out was the color of the logo which was blue and white, and was some kind of animal. 

 

And of course the little boy who was sitting beside him on his right was looking at the other's direction, and all I can see was his back view and --- 

 

Brown curly hair? 

 

I furrowed my brows, walking a little bit closer towards the tree, as I didn't want to get caught and ruin the moment. He was wearing a white polo, sleeves a little bit brownish from the dirt he has probably been touching. I couldn't see his face, I tried to move to wear the black haired boy was looking, and I can't see his face. It was even more blurry than the latter's. 

 

Who are these two kids? 

 

"Why can't you stay?" 

 

"I am sorry, I thought we wouldn't be moving, but I guess we need to because of Appa's condition." 

 

Why can't I stay? 

 

Why does it feel like the question was pointed at me? 

 

What does that suppose to mean?

 

The black-haired boy looked away from him, facing the trunk instead and lowering his head in sorrow. I can feel my heart crack, the boy felt like he was on the verge of dying if he was going to leave this curly one behind. I can sense that he didn't want to go, but because of some situation, he has no other choice but to go. 

 

Why does this all sound so familiar to me? 

 

Why is it that I feel this little boy's pain of leaving him? 

 

Who are you kids anyways? 

 

"I want to stay, but Appa has to leave this place for a while, he is sick and the doctor is telling him to move on the countryside for the meantime, or else he won't live longer."

 

I can hear the change of the black-haired boy's tone, from his soft, light voice to a broken, raspy kind of one. I can see his shoulders shaking as he looked back at the other, suddenly laying his head on his shoulder. His hand gripping onto the polo sleeve of the latter. 

 

He was crying. 

 

Why does it feel like I have seen this before? 

 

Appa? Who is his Appa? 

 

"I understand if you have to go for your father's sake. . . I don't want to be selfish." 

 

The curly little one, which was actually taller than the other, held onto his black hair and caressed it. He was trying to soothe and comfort him, leaning his chin above the other's head as he kissed it.

 

Wait a minute, aren't they still kids? 

 

But why does it seem like they are in love with each other? 

 

Are they a couple?!

 

Aish, kids nowadays. Infatuation and puppy love is so rampant. 

 

"I thought you'll be the one leaving, because I thought you're the one who is needed to do your duties at the Palace when you turn 12 tomorrow, and I will be left here alone again. But then I guess. . . I was wrong." 

 

The shorter one tightened his grip on the other's sleeve, sniffing and murmuring as he snuggled his face more into the taller's shoulder. 

 

Duties? 

 

Turn 12? Tomorrow? 

 

The Palace? 

 

What is this tall kid have to do with the Palace? 

 

Why does it feel like I know him somewhere? 

 

"But you promised that we'll still see each other tomorrow right? Before the sun sets, we'll celebrate my birthday and we will make a wish right?" 

 

The taller cupped his chin to look at him in the eye. I can't really figure out what he looked like, but it didn't matter to me anymore anyways. I was more focused on what is actually going on here. I don't understand why, but my head feels so messed up right now. 

 

He'll come. . . I know he will come to see you. Just get your hopes up. 

 

Please trust in me. . . 

 

I'll come back. . .

 

I'll see you. . .

 

Wait, what? 

 

"I will. . . I really will. . . I'll come back I promise." 

 

"You sure? But you said you'll be leaving after lunch. . . I don't you can come by anymore. . ." 

 

The taller looked away, he was facing the horizon as the sun was already half setting. After a few seconds, the shorter moved closer to him, his face was mere inches away from the side of the other -- 

 

Then his lips touched the taller's cheek with a quick kiss. 

 

"I will. I am not going to miss this one memory I want to spend with you. I'll see you as promised. Please trust in me." He whispered to the taller's ear, making him look back, staring at each other's eyes as if it was the last time they are ever going to see it. 

 

And I started to feel my heart beating so fast.

 

The shorter boy's words. . .

 

W-why is it. . . 

 

S-similar to m-mine??? 

 

What is going on here? 

 

Did he hear what I said? 

 

What the is wrong here? 

 

I felt a wave of anxiety, I tried to walk a step back, staring at the scene wide-eyed as it happened to freeze in front of me. Lowered my back, abruptly walking backwards now, not caring if they will hear my loud footsteps or the rustling of the grass. 

 

I just really want to run away from this.

 

This is making me crazy. 

 

I shouldn't have entered the light and just stayed running anywhere in that dark place. 

 

Where is this anyway? 

 

I looked around, trying to figure out where I was. Then I looked back to see that there was a large bush wall covering the place. Shivers began to run down through my spine as realization hit me. Making me stop from moving, paralyzed and probably getting pale. 

 

The secret garden.

 

What happened here? 

 

Who are these people? 

 

These two kids? 

 

Why does it feel like I know them? 

 

I know the kid. . .

 

The black-haired kid. 

 

I know him from somewhere.

 

But who? 

 

I looked down on the grass, shaking my head countless times to try and wake up from this dream. I told myself to move, move a finger, a foot, anything.

 

Stop this. 

 

Stop this nonsense. 

 

Stop this dream. 

 

I don't know what this is. 

 

Stop it with the questions. 

 

These crazy fantasies. 

 

This is just a dream. 

 

Nothing is true here. 

 

Wake up, Kyungsoo.

 

Wake up.

 

But then to no avail. 

 

I closed my eyes tightly trying to wait calm myself, waiting for a moment, making myself feel tired and needed to drift back to sleep.

 

I want this to end. 

 

I have nothing to do with this. 

 

"No. . ." 

 

Another child-like voice was heard from behind, probably from the entrance of the bush walls, as I slowly inhaled for a while, before opening my eyes again. I turned around to see who it was. 

 

What the hell. 

 

No. 

 

How could this be? 

 

WHY IS HE HERE?!

 

I felt so outraged, shocked even as the figure came into view, he was the only one I could see, from face to foot, every feature of him was crystal clear to my eyes. 

 

And that I am actually freaking out so hard right now. 

 

"Why? Why him? And not me?" He looked so devastated, hurt and crushed like stone as he stared at the two that were at the tree top. His eyes flamed anger and jealousy, as a young kid like him I couldn't believe he could had a grudge against them. 

 

But that's not actually the point. 

 

Why are you even mad at them?

 

Who are they to you?

 

And what are you doing here? 

 

Byun Baekhyun? 

 

If you think I don't remember my best friend's features even from afar -- I really really know him even from the style of his hair and from the way he dresses. This neatly brushed, white polo with a jumper and a red ribbon on his neck is probably the most evident clothing that I will always remember about Baekhyun.

 

But why is he here? 

 

What is his role here? 

 

MY GOSH KYUNGSOO WHY CAN'T YOU ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?!!

 

I was left so shocked and frightened, that I couldn't help but unconsciously run away from whatever this is. I ran to the exit, where the fake bush wall was, when I felt a sudden cold hand stop me and held me tightly on my wrist. I was this close to stumbling, but luckily still had the balance to stand up when I looked back to see an unexpected twist that just happened. 

 

Young Baekhyun was holding onto me. 

 

And his face draws the same thing when he looked at the two love birds on the tree top. 

 

"L-Let me g-go. . ." I can hear myself say as I struggled to free myself from his grip. The more I fight back, the more he tightens his hold on my wrist, making me groan in pain. 

 

He is too strong for a kid. 

 

It's so painful. 

 

"Why?. . ."

 

Baekhyun, please.

 

"Why must you do this to me?"

 

What have I done to you?

 

My eyes widened as I heard his voice slightly turn deeper by the minute. I looked back at him to see that his body was growing, like how you see mutants evolving from a baby to being a young teenager in a day, like an egg morphing fast in just a matter of seconds. 

 

My heart is failing me. 

 

I feel like I am going to faint. 

 

What have I done to you?

 

"Why must you take every single thing that is supposed to be MINE?!" When he emphasized the last word, he was now in his teenage form, his present form rather. He was glaring at me, probably going to kill me for something that I haven't done. I wanted to speak up for myself, yet I have felt like my speech got the better of me when nothing came out of my mouth, and I was left looking scared and agape. 

 

"Why must you take him from me?"

 

Please. Make this stop. 

 

I haven't took anything from you. . .

 

"He is MINE!!! MINE!!!"

 

Who are you talking about? 

 

He then held me on both sides of my arm as he began to brutally shake my whole body until they all get cranky and get my brains out.

 

I don't know what you're saying. . . 

 

Please. . . 

 

Stop it.

 

Stop. . . 

 

It ---

 

I can feel my eyes grow heavy, as I was painfully being shaken, I can feel how I slowly am losing my consciousness, still with the image of a mad best friend.

 

"Kyungsoo-yah. . ."

 

That voice. . .

 

"Kyungsoo-yah. . ."

 

It's calling out to me.

 

My eyes were getting heavier, as I can now feel like everything went down to a slow motion. Baekhyun's rants and harsh voice soon died down and muted, and only his wild face was visible, and now his features were slowly turning hazy. 

 

"Soo. . . please wake up. . ."

 

I know that voice.

 

"Soo. . . wake up. . ." 

 

I know --- 

 

"Soo. . ." 

 

Chan. . . Yeol? 

 

". . . Wake up."

 

. . . Yeol.

 

---

 

My eyes were wide open.

 

It was dark, although there was light from the window behind the bed that I was lying on.

 

And all I can see was the ceiling. 

 

Am I awake now? 

 

I still felt a little hazy as I tried to wink a few times to make a clearer view. I can feel my body sweating, my chest was heaving harshly as I tried to catch some air with my mouth slightly agape. I can feel my back lean towards something quite hard, as I have realized I wasn't fully lying down anymore. 

 

I felt scared. 

 

I couldn't understand why but I feel my hands trembling. 

 

What was the dream again? 

 

My heart was racing. I couldn't even move a muscle as I still can feel the fear that surrounded me. It was cold, I wanted to grasp onto something to keep me warm but then I was too weak to even try to lift a finger. My mind was all a blur, mixed up and a mess like clutter in every corner of a trash bin, I couldn't even figure out what was rushing through my head right now. 

 

Mixed words? 

 

Unfinished sentences? 

 

My subconscious seems to not even function well, that's for sure

 

"W-Wha --- t. . . H-Hap-ppened?" I managed to speak, a bit raspy and cracking, as I tried to open my eyes wider, slowly turning my head to the left side of the bed. 

 

And all of the sudden, my breathing stabilized, and everything that I was feeling for a moment calmed down when I saw his eyes were looking into mine. 

 

Chanyeol. 

 

"You were having a nightmare, you were blabbering, murmuring things and I was trying to wake you, I got so worried. . ." His hand was holding onto the back of my head while the other was holding my left hand tightly. His faces looked like he was going to jump off the highest building but was too scared to do so. I managed to let out a breathy giggle, as I felt my strength slowly coming back to me. 

 

"I'm f-fine. . . It was j-just a b-bad dream. . . I am awake n-now, am I n-not?" Although stuttering a bit, I managed to smiled, intertwining his hands into mine. His panicked face soon softened, as he drew his face closer to mine, letting our foreheads touch lightly, making me look up to him, seeing how even in thus dark kind of a night, he still never fails to look so handsome. 

 

"Please don't do that again, I wouldn't know what to do if something happened to you." His deep voice was like a lullaby to my ears, his breathing was hitching a bit, I can tell that he was really panicking at his worst awhile ago.

 

It feels so warm and cozy now. 

 

I think a regained myself a bit

 

"I won't, I promise." I continued to close my eyes as I felt a pair of lips touch my forehead. I wanted to just savor the feeling, this warmth making me smile as I used my free hand to hold on to his chest.

 

After a few seconds, we settled to lie back down in the bed, as he laid himself first, letting myself be wrapped around him as snuggled my head softly on his shoulder, laying comfortably as I turned to face him. 

 

"You sure you feel okay now?" I heard him once more, his voice was more still now and unafraid. I looked up to see him staring back at me with furrowed brows. 

 

"Of course. I'll be fine. You're here is enough. Thank you." I snuggled my head even deeper, where my face was now soon am inch closer to the feel of his neck. I slowly closed my eyes, letting the feel of sleep envelop me once again. 

 

I'll never feel this contented when he isn't around anymore. 

 

I know he is just trying to be kind to me, since I have no one to be with here in the Palace, and he just wants me to feel that I am not alone.

 

Isn't that why he brought Sehun here, right?

 

I know my baby brother will always make me happy no matter what but --

 

Why does it feel so lacking when Chanyeol isn't around now? 

 

Gosh, Kyungsoo. You're just overreacting. You're just being like this because this is your first time, right? 

 

Your first time to ever have a friend that has been too touchy to you. To the point where you guys feel like you have some kind of deep connection. 

 

He moved a little bit more closer to me, making little space for the both of us as he went on to hugging me tightly, letting himself drift back to sleep as well. 

 

"If there is anything that bothers you, please don't hesitate to ask and tell me, okay?" Chanyeol yawned, as I have felt his hot breath surround my hair, making it fly a little bit, before it went back down to normal state.

 

"Go to sleep you clingy giant. I'll be fine." I chuckled a little, as I felt his lips touch the top of my head. He was probably forming a smile, based on how I figured it, as his lips tickled my scalp a bit, making me giggle more. 

 

See? What I told you about being touchy? 

 

I know I am used to Sehun or Baekhyun clinging into me, or hugging me like they are supposed to rub their scents on me all the time but --

 

Have you ever experienced a friend who sleeps with you on the same bed, every single day? 

 

Or have you guys ever held hands in public as if you guys were a couple for more than a century? 

 

Or have you ever had a friend who is always willing to give you forehead kisses every morning after you wake up, or every night before you go to sleep? 

 

I mean really -- kisses?

 

Friends never do that.

 

I even actually kiss him in the cheek sometimes when he doesn't come with me to school and I have to go ahead of him. 

 

See what I mean? 

 

"I'll always be here for you. Okay?" His voice was soon fading from a deep tone to now a slightly airy one, as I have felt him breath calmly on to my head. He was then fast asleep in am instant there after. 

 

He drifts off so fast, light can't even catch up to it.

 

But I guess he's really tired. 

 

Sleep is the only time he could escape all the stress in his somewhat ed up life. 

 

I was about to get myself back to slumber when a thought popped up my head, making me open my eyes for a while, feeling a little nervouse about what was going to happen when the sun comes up. 

 

Baekhyun. . .

 

I think I know now why I was dreaming about him.

 

Remind me how he hasn't showed his face to me for the past three months now. 

 

After what happened at the Engagement Rites. . .

 

He never called nor even sent me a message. 

 

Or even show up to me at school. 

 

I thought of the countless days after the Engagement, of how I actually texted him for like forty times in a day, and sending him E-mails every single day just to check up on him, and to deeply apologize for ditching him that day. 

 

But all my efforts were wasted. 

 

He never answered nor replied to any of them. 

 

He just dissipated like how water evaporates to thin air.

 

He never even left a word after.

 

But why was it such a painful thing for him?

 

I thought he'd understand why, I thought he should understand that what he wanted me to do wasn't a joke, but a serious matter. 

 

Most especially that I am tied to not just any other person, but a Prince. 

 

Also because I can't let Chanyeol look like a failure to his father anymore. 

 

I can't stand looking at his pained expression all the time anymore.

 

I thought. . . 

 

He'll be the first person to fully understand my situation. . .

 

As a best friend.

 

I shook my head lightly, closing my eyes back as I tried to fly the thought of him away for a while. I wanted to get some sleep, just to prepare and be ready for whatever is that I have to face tomorrow. 

 

It might be sign.

 

I might see him tomorrow

 

I let my hand grip onto the Pendant, as I tried to catch up some hope and strength for me to handle the things I might do tomorrow. 

 

Please, don't fail me. 

 

I hope to see Baekhyun tomorrow.

 

And tell him everything. 

 

I want him to know how deeply sorry I am. 

 

And I hope he understands. 

 

Slowly, I felt my body just grow light, as I have realized I was now ready to accept slumber wholly, weakly letting go of the pendant as I let my hand fall off to the bed. 

 

I'll be fine tomorrow. 

 

I know I will

 

---

 

Sehun POV: 

 

I can't believe this. 

 

He slept early. 

 

I sighed for like the 70th time for this night, rolling my eyes to myself as I sat comfortably on one of the benches outside at the Palace Gardens. 

 

"I can't believe this. Ugh. Hyung slept early because he wanted to spend time with the Prince." I face palmed, leaning my head on the back rest. I can't believe this. 

 

He traded our usual late night game time for sleep. 

 

"I am really sorry Sehun, but I have to sleep early. The Prince might not like it if I stay up late." 

 

Okay okay. Keep calm, Hun. You have to understand that baby hyung is already engaged, and he has to be with his love for now. 

 

He has responsibilities now. Duties even. 

 

He isn't just an adult with things to do. But a Royal with big stuffs to deal with. 

 

I sat back up, crouching as I leaned my elbows on both of my thighs. I tried to figure out what the hell am I supposed to do in this queit, uninteresting and boring garden. I wanted to play my consoles now, but it would pretty much be boring if it was only me alone playing it. 

 

I have played all my consoles by myself ever sine Hyung took up a medical course, and it gets boring and no fun everytime I have no one to play it with. 

 

"Why the long face?" A voice came out from just about nowhere. It sounded like a deep, arrogant kind of tone, maybe just like mine but older. 

 

I looked around to find the source, and when I looked to my right, I see a dark figure walking up towards where I was. I tilted my head and squinted my eyes as I tried to identify who it was that was approaching. 

 

"And who are you to be exact?" I asked as the figure now came into the night light, his body shining over the moon's rays, as I have seen that he placed his hands on his pockets. 

 

"Just a passerby, probably an annoyance like how everyone sees me here in the Palace." He shrugged, walking around one spot in front of me as I tried to delve my thoughts on his physique. 

 

Hmmm. . . Impressive. 

 

Brown hair neatly brushed to the side, prominent jawline, probably a lean yet toned body, not bad for an old guy. 

 

"Aww shucks man, I don't really mind when you're around. Am just actually doin' the same thing too. Just slacking off and annoying everybody else, pffftt, it's not am easy job I tell ya." I nodded to myself as I let my bacm lean on to the back rest of the bench. I tried tk act cool, like how I try to pull myself like the usual at school. 

 

"Then I guess we will get along pretty well then -- It's Jongin by the way, you?" He stopped walking then, as he probably was kind of interested in me and faced me as he reached out his hand for a shake. 

 

"Sehun. The Royal Fiancé's little brother, who doesn't look like one since Hyung looks more like a kid than I do." I reached put for his empty hand as we gave it a little shake. After which, I proceeded to lean back on the bench comfortably when I suddenly heard him laugh. 

 

"Augh, what's so funny?" I stated at him with an uninterested face, as if it didn't even bother me in the first place.

 

"Nothing. It's just that well, you look more mature than your big brother alright, but you still do act like a child." 

 

Well you do act like an old man, like some kind of monk walking around with that kind of formal tone

 

"Well, I am not like my Hyung who takes mostly everything seriously. I just plainly like to have fun and enjoy." He moved to sit beside me on the bench, I sat back up straight and moved myself to the left to give the poor guy some space. 

 

Well, whatta you know, he gets tired of standing eventually.

 

But he really acts like an old man.

 

"And what is your job here in the Palace? Supposed to be." I casually asked, just to not make him think I was being a person who was 'feeling close', and since I was curious about him because he was wearing such formal clothes. 

 

"Well, I am the Royal Watchdog. Maybe. Or sometimes I am the Royal Babysitter." He rested his body and leaned on the bench, eventually giving up on his composure and utter stiffness. 

 

"What the ? You are not serious?" I turned to face him with an amused look, I smirked as I have actually kind of found this guy funny for some reason. 

 

"Nah, it's partly a joke but it's really a job that I do here. I am in charge of the soldiers here after all. And sometimes I need to watch over the Royals too at the same time." 

 

"Is it boring?" He had to stop and think of an answer for a second. He placed a finger on his lips, trying to find the right words to say it. 

 

I have a feeling that he has such soft lips. 

 

Woah woah there, Hun. What were you thinking just now? 

 

"Well, as a whole, yes it's like the most boring job you will never want to have. Although the fun side of it is that you get to know loads of secrets and hidden agendas." He made a snap on his fingers, making a confident smirk as he looked back at me. 

 

"Secrets? Must be like an undercover agent too." Shrugging my shoulders as I chuckled at his words, I felt like he was quite a comfy fellow to talk to, making my defenses die down a little bit, loosening up my facade of an arrogant expression to a softer one. 

 

"He sent you to accompany your brother, I heard?" 

 

"Yeah, since well, he said he noticed Hyung was quite lonely for the past few days, and he needed someone that could make him happy but. . ." I stood up from the bench, stretched both my arms high, feeling a wave of fatigue hit me. 

 

"But?" He raised an eyebrow, his smirk never getting off his face.

 

"I guess I'm the one left in this lonely lane. Like , so much for staying Hyung spends much time smooching around with that tall dwarf now." Rolling my eyes and sighing my frustration in defeat, I facepalmed again. 

 

Did I just call him a tall dwarf? 

 

My logic is at its best sarcasm now. 

 

But I don't mean to back stab the Prince. 

 

Well, just a little fun won't hurt

 

"Tall dwarf? You just gave him the best nickname so far." Jongin laughed, and his laugh was as hard as he had ever laighed in his entire life. I followed suit, looking at him and frrlibg satisfied that I have made someone smile today. 

 

I don't usually do that in school. 

 

Although I let out classroom jokes during classes and everyone laughs. 

 

But I never made one, nor just a specific person laugh before. 

 

It feels like an accomplished goal. 

 

And is satisfying to see. 

 

I could do this more often here

 

"Naaah, he deserves it, for taking much of my Hyung's attention from me, that is."  We stopped laughing a few short seconds after, as I stared at one of the Palace Fountains with those weird bearded old men that doesn't even look interesting in the first place. 

 

"Well, Chanyeol is quite a territorial man, he wants to have his subjects on his own sometimes." 

 

Well isn't that nice. 

 

Possessive much over his belongings, huh? 

 

Don't tell me he is even jealous when I give my Hyung our 'brotherly attention'?

 

Man, what a guy indeed.

 

"You do know a lot about the Prince, do you?" I looked at him on the side, tilting my head in curiosity. 

 

"Well, I've known him for quite a very long time now, from the tip of his hair, to the ends of his toes. He isn't the type to want me to interfere with his work, but all I can say is he isn't really doing much of a good work as the Crowned Prince." His tone became serious when he answered. He wasn't looking at me but was actually glaring at something from afar badly. I tried to see what he was looking at and realized it was just plainly blank space. 

 

But why does he look like he's gonna eat the Prince alive? 

 

Is there anything that the Prince has ever done wrong to him? 

 

His aura seems kinda dark now

 

"Aahuh? Then if he isn't doing much of a good job, why was he even chosen to be as the Crowned Prince? Does he have any relative or sibling here that can fit better as a Crowned Prince too?" I couldn't help much but to ask just to fill in the luring questions roaming around my head. I didn't want to sound offending to him though, this might a sensitive topic to him, now that he even looked more pissed at the question I asked. 

 

, I shouldn't have asked that question.

 

He looks angry now

 

"None. No one can fit the position of Crowned Prince but only HIM." He sounded sarcastic, more like he sounded as if his tongue was being burned every time he had to say that statement. Like he was just being forced to say that sentence. 

 

Well, I don't really know about him, but there might be something about the Prince being in position is making him mad or something. 

 

Okay Hun. Enough with the curiosity, you shouldn't be asking about this. 

 

You aren't even apart of this kind of mess they maybe are into. 

 

Forget about it. 

 

"Uhm, I am sorry. . . If I have asked those questions. I didn't mean to make you mad. I know I have nothing to do about it. . . I'm sorry. " I faintly apologized as I lowered my head. Ashamed of even looking at hom in the eye for ever interfering or asking about his business here in the Palace. 

 

"What? No no. You didn't make me mad. No, you never did. It just reminded me of the bad memories of the past. Well I couldn't helo but feel the emotion, but no, you mever made me mad. Honest." He placed a hand on my shoulder, enough for me to have the confidence to look back up. His eyes weren't screaming an amount of hatred anymore, but it was more kind and gentle to the feel. I couldn't but stare into it longer, making myself melt into it bit by bit. 

 

And he was smiling, ever so handsomely. 

 

He looks better smiling than just smirking.

 

I never knew he was this handsome. 

 

Not again, Hun. Stop being such a creeper. 

 

Snap snap out of it. 

 

"O-ohh. . . Are you sure?" I shook my head lightly, realizing I was staring to much, looking away as I stared back at the boring fountain. I can feel my cheeks heat up a little, and as pale as I am, I hope he doesn't see a small tinge of pink on my cheeks. 

 

"Of course, Sehun. Nothing, really." 

 

At long last, he said my name. 

 

It feels like a song to my ear when he says it. 

 

Lol, whuuuttttt Sehun? 

 

Oh now, you are not into the jams right now. Just don't. 

 

"Well, okay then. . . Augh. . . I guess it's getting late now, huh?" I didn't want this awkward ambience to make me suffer any longer as I diverted the topic, and looked at my wrist watch to see the time. I looked at him and nodded, trying to make him agree that it was late and he has to disappear from my sight. 

 

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Well, this was an interesting night for a conversation, it was nice meeting you, Sehun." He stood up from the bench and soon I followed. We looked at each other and shook our hands one more time before his kind expression went back to his smirky, playful one. 

 

"Yeah, it was nice meeting you too, Jongin." I scratched the back of my neck, letting out a breathy laugh, feeling relieved that he was about to go. 

 

"Just call me Kai." 

 

"Kai?" I furrowed a brow, feeling quite confused when he wanted me to probably call him by his nickname now. 

 

I wasn't really expecting that. 

 

Usually people would just let you call them by their nickname if they feel really comfy with you.

 

Well does he? 

 

"Well, since I really liked your company for tonight, I guess we could get along pretty well. Not everyone calls me that since, I only choose special people to call me that." He looked away from my gaze, probably feeling a little bit embarassed, seeing a small glow of red on his face. He scratched the side of his cheek using his index finger, trying to maybe let the heat die down and so that he won't feel less anxious. 

 

So that means. . . 

 

I am special to him? 

 

Even if we just met? 

 

Man, I feel so flattered. 

 

I can't help but my heart is beating so hard right now.

 

"Wow, gee. . . I really don't know what to say. . . But I am really happy that you like me around." I let out a shy smile, but still trying to keep my cool as I looked sideways and upwards just to not meet his gaze. I feel like I might faint any second now if I do. 

 

"I'll see more of you around soon then?" His voice was filled with hope when he asked me, making me look into his eyes and his sincerity bloomed in there just then. 

 

I guess, maybe he really had a good time talking to me. 

 

I am happy that he wants to see me most of the time now.

 

"Yeah sure. Well, my room is just on the left wing, so if you wanna play some games and jams too, you can just knock on me there." I made a thumbs up, telling him it would be perfectly fine if he looked for me too. At least I would have someone to keep me company when Hyung has his own business to handle.

 

"Sure thing, I know the places here, so it won't be a problem. I am in charge of guarding the grounds anyways, so I'll see you then." He gave out a small wave, making me nod in response before he walked a little backwards and turned around to leave the place. 

 

"I'll be seeing you tomorrow then? Have a good night, Sehun." He stopped on his steps, looked back at me one more time with that seldom to see smile before he totally walked out of my view, as I watched him slowly disappear from sight. 

 

"Good night then, Kai." I said to myself instead, smiling idiotically as I walked around to the left wing and slowly proceeded back to my room. 

 

This was such a good night.

 

I can't wait for morning to come. 

 

So maybe, I won't be alone here in this annoying place afterall

 

--- 

 

Chanyeol POV: 

 

It's only 4:30 AM in the morning. 

 

Please stop calling

 

My phone was still vibrating for the nth time on my nightstand, it had been ringing for about an hour already and it still won't stop annoying me. 

 

It's too early. 

 

Does he even have the decency to understand? 

 

I am so tired right now

 

I sighed in constant defeat, as I slowly let go of Kyungsoo from my hold, placing his head on a soft pillow so that he won't wake. I let go of his hand that was still fixed on my chest, kissing the back of it before I rested it on the foam as I sat up from the bed and positioned myself on the edge, a little farther from where he is, so as to not make him hear our conversation of ever he wakes. 

 

I looked back to check up on him first, seeing him smile as he mushed his cute face on the pillow. 

 

I guess he really is having a good night's sleep now. 

 

I was really dead worried when I saw him sweating earlier, his face was scared and pale. He looked like he was being chased. 

 

But nonetheless, I feel so relieved that he is fine now. 

 

Sleep well, my love.

 

I let out a silent laugh as I saw his expression, and when I felt quite the contentment, I went back to stare at my phone that won't stop from vibrating.

 

Hasn't he been sleeping? 

 

What does he want right now? 

 

I rolled my eyes as I tried to calm myself for awhile, I really hated it when people disturb me in my sleep. And I swear I will het a major tantrum when they do. 

 

But since this one guy is someone I can never get mad at, I really have to calm myself up first or I might choke him in my head. 

 

I was practically tired, due to Palace duties and homework, after me and Kyungsoo took a breather from finishing a certain project he helped me on, I asked him if we coukd hit the sacks earlier, and to my surprise he happily agreed. 

 

"Yeah sure. Why not? I feel kind of tired too. I guess I have had a lot of things in my head I need to take a break from it."

 

Although I had to take note how Sehun felt cheated when Kyungsoo declined his offer of having their game night and wanted to sleep with me instead. 

 

"Hun will be fine. I just don't really have it in me to stay up late right now."

 

I guess he was tired even at that time too. 

 

I hope his brother understands

 

I stared at my phone for a few seconds, discretely examining how my phone moves on the nightstand as it vibrates. The light turns off as the calls stops, and then flickers back up as the caller tries to reach me. 

 

What does he really want? 

 

I picked up my phone from the stand, sliding the green button to the right, as I placed it on my ear. I just stayed silebt for awhile, listening to the breathing that I could hear from the other side of the line, I can manage to figure out that he has been crying for some reason, based on the hitched breath that I could hear and the quiet murmurs that only I will ever identify as his own. 

 

"Why do you have to wake me up at this hour of the morning? What do you want?" My voice was a bit hoarse from the sleep I had, as I whispered my words and groaned in annoyance. I didn't hear him say a word yet, as he probably tried to stop from forming hiccups and hitched pants. 

 

"I-I am s-s-sorry. . . I j-just w-wante ---"

 

"Could you please get yourself together first? Drink a cup of water and call me back when you can talk nicely." I ended the call as I placed back the phone on the nightstand. I sighed in stress, as I rubbed my forehead, worrying again about what was going with him. 

 

'Znnnngggggg!!! Znnnngggg!!!'

 

"What?" I answered rather coldly, placing the phone abruptly on to my ear. I really have such a bad temper especially when you disturb me from my sleep. I know I have to be calm, but I can't since this is the only time I can ever have rest, and he comes in and calls for some kind of drama that he might be into again.

 

"I just want to hear your voice, Channie. Is that a bad thing? And I really had a bad day yesterday." His voice was sore from the crying he had a little while earlier. I closed my eyes just to hold in my temper on him, so as to not make the situation worse. 

 

"Baek, this isn't the time. I am so tired right now and I need to get to school early because I have deadlines. I'll see you tomorrow instead. After class. Same place."

 

"Why do you always cut me out now? Am I not that important to you anymore? Is Kyungsoo your first priority now?"

 

Here we go again. 

 

I don't get the mere jealousy that he has for his best friend. Doesn't he even feel sorry for Soo? 

 

I mean I dragged this innocent guy into my situation and he still has the guts to ask me about who my priority is? 

 

Byun Baekhyun. Really? 

 

"For the last time Baek, Kyungsoo isn't even apart of this mess that I have made, and it is in my full responsibility to watch over him. Stop asking about priorities because you don't know what I am into right now." I tried not to raise my voice as I gave it out in a silent, yet screaming whisper. I tried to look back to see if Soo was still fast asleep. When he was, I turned back and gave out a sigh, trying to make him feel how I have had enough of this. 

 

"Okay okay. I am sorry. It's just that you don't have much time for me anymore. I miss you." The change in his tone made me feel like he was pouting again, looking like a kicked beagle or something. Baekhyun is the type of guy you need to give serious attention to, since he would always want to ask for it, most especially if you lack it. 

 

He's like a girl sometimes. Needed to have some kind of special treatment. 

 

I don't get him really. 

 

Why isn't even Kyungsoo like that? 

 

Or how whas Kyungsoo ever survive college life with him around all the time? 

 

He is so persistent

 

"Yeah, yeah. Okay. I'll see you at our secret place tomorrow then. Just let me get some sleep. You need that too." I rubbed the furrowed brows that I was forming, as I felt my body soon breaking loose. I am so tired I just want to cuddle up with my fiancé right now. 

 

"Promise?" 

 

"Yes, Baek. Promise. Now sleep. Good bye." Was the last statement I let out before I pressed the button to end the call. I sighed once again, this time even deeper as I felt so relieved that Baekhyun won't try to annoy me anymore. I stretched my arms upwards, placing my phone back at the nightstand as I looked at what time it already was.

 

4:54 AM. I have more time to sleep. Class doesn't start 'till 9 AM today. 

 

I just reasoned out to Baekhyun that I needed to wake up early so that I could end the call quick. 

 

I need sleep badly

 

I scanned for Kyungsoo first as I crawled back on the bed, seeing him facing to the right now, his body crouching like a baby inside a mother's womb. I checked up on him first, as I wiped away the bangs that were blocking my view of his closed eyes. 

 

He looks so peaceful when asleep. 

 

Very beautiful as well

 

I let out a gentle smile to myself, marvelling at his face. After a few moments, I positioned myself to lie down close to him, my chest touching his back, as I wrapped my arms around his waist. He feels so light, calm and eventually soothing as I placed my lips closer to his head. Snuggling and sniffing onto the fragrant scent of strawberries and roses on his ebony locks. 

 

"Yeol?. . ." His faint voice was then heard, was a bit of a whisper as he tried to move his head a little to look back at me. His hands then held onto my arms that were cuddling him. 

 

"You're awake?" I asled softly as I kissed the top scalp of his head, earning a soft hum from him as he giggled a little. 

 

"Just now, when I felt you're here." 

 

Is he dreaming? Or is he always this cute and sweet when dazed?

 

"Really? Did I disturb you from your trip to Dreamland?" I saw him form a heart-shaped smile when I asked, his eyes were still shut. 

 

"No, you make it feel warm. . . Please stay. . ." He turned his head back to the right before he let himself be drifted back to sleep. 

 

"I wish you to stay. . ."

 

Kyungsoo sounds a lot like you. 

 

I miss you so much. 

 

How are you? Your Appa? 

 

I still love you. 

 

But this feeling. . . 

 

For Kyungsoo. 

 

Dang, Chanyeol. What is wrong with you. 

 

I tried to lay off my thoughts for awhile, closing my eyes, washing my thoughts away as I just wanted to spend the moment sleeping with Kyungsoo. I do tend to actually overthink a lot before I drift off, but I guess I have to waste no time now, since the sun will be rising soon. 

 

As long as I am happy with Kyungsoo.

 

I guess I'll be fine. 

 

As long as he pleases my heart. 

 

I'll never go wrong with this feeling.

 

But I'll have to be honest with Baekhyun about this. 

 

I need to tell him. 

 

He needs to know. 

 

I don't want to hurt him.

 

I'll see him tomorrow. 

 

I hope he understands. 

 

---

 

Someone's POV: 

 

It's been three months since I haven't showed face to them. 

 

And now, I guess it's time for me to give my grand entrance to this disgusting fairytale.

 

Happy times are over now, Kyungsoo. 

 

Watch me as I make the big surprise. 

 

"Baek, this isn't the time. I am so tired right now and I need to get to school early because I have deadlines. I'll see you tomorrow instead. After class. Same place."

 

If he thinks I don't know that his class is at 9 AM tomorrow, then he is playing the wrong fool. 

 

Don't worry, Channie. I'll still play goody two-shoes for you so that you will still pick me soon. 

 

I will never lose to my best friend. 

 

I will never lose to Kyungsoo. 

 

You may have the Prince now, but the victory will never be yours. 

 

I will make sure Kyungsoo never remembers anything. 

 

And he will never win the Prince's heart. 

 

Not anymore. 

 

I'll see you both later in school, with a big explosion for the catch.

 

Let's play the game, Kyung. 

 

May the best Chosen One win.

 

---

 

——————————————————

 

Author's Note:

 

Chapter Twelve Done ~!!! 

 

This took me a while, since I got a major writer's block for the past few days = u ="

 

And I didn't really know what to write T u T

 

But nonetheless, I managed to still finish this chapter, even though it was a bit late Q u Q <3

 

Anyways, revelations and more revelations will happem soon. 

 

And the drama is just beginning :3

 

Anyways, thank you so much once again for staying tuned to my story. I couldn't really have done this without you guys as my inspiration. <3

 

Your comments and suggestions really make me happy ^^ 

 

Enjoy and Happy Reading ~ <3

 

*puing-puing~^^*