Chapter Eight:

My Royal Punishment

Kyungsoo POV:

 

Waking up cuddled in a soft and warm bed is enough for me to start my day right. 

 

But for me to realize that I wasn't hugging a large fluffly pillow, but a feel of a giant human being, I just really had even the best day of my life. 

 

The best day to actually ask myself why was I even holding on to him. 

 

Wow. Kyungsoo. You so good in sleeping. 

 

So good I feel like you need to cut your hands off for doing this. 

 

I shifted slowly, so as to not wake Chanyeol up, my eyes were still a blur as I tried to blink a few times to see clearly. When it did, I raised my head up, as I felt my cheeks leaning on to his hard chest, moving my head up to lie on his shoulder instead, since I couldn't move realizing that my hands were still locked in position. I slowly took my hands away from his so perfect torso, I just hope I don't touch anything unusual, or something I am so not supposed to touch.

 

I froze, after I let one of my hand off his back, as I felt his hand around me grip onto the side of my waist. He was caressing it in an up and down motion, making me feel paralyzed at the moment. Shivers came down my spine as he drew small, delicate circles, I felt myself gulped harshly on my throat, making me feel a rush of heat rise on my cheeks.

 

Well , we've been snuggling into each others noses huh? 

 

It feels so weird now, I swear. 

 

Spell awkward. 

 

I heard him make a low groan, his chest heaving up, probably breathing in deeply, making my eyes trace up on his face to see him scrunching his nose, as I saw his eyes slowly flutter open. 

 

Oh my heavens, I am so dead when he sees me.

 

This is why I hate my sleeping habits. I have such idle hands when I'm asleep.

 

When he was already wide awake, he looked up at the ceiling for a while, probably trying to think about what has happened last night, or maybe what he was supposed to do for the day. He blinked a few more times before he lowered his head to check up on me, finding me staring back at him already. 

 

"You're awake." I can hear his deep, raspy voice vibrate, made out a breathy sigh as I gave him a smile. 

 

"Augh -- Uhm. . . G-Good morning, I guess you had a nice sleep, hm?" I immediately sat up from lying, stretching my hands up in the air, I felt the flower crown was still in my head, I then took it off and placed it on the nightstand. 

 

I am trying my best not to make things awkward. 

 

"Of course it was, especially when you're all over me ~" He singsonged his words as he was placing his hand behind his head, which was on my waist a while ago. He was then giving me a mischievous smirk.

 

Ah, so it's my fault. 

 

Great sleep actions Kyungsoo. 

 

You gave him the impression of how you like to rub your scent on him. 

 

. Aish dang. 

 

"I-I t-thought I was l-lying on a pillow, and I n-never knew you slept with me in b-bed. . ." I looked away, trying to entertain myself with the cabinets on the side, as if it was an amazing kind of furniture. I can feel my cheeks burning, mostly because I am stupid, sleeping comfortably on him and snuggling him like a teddy bear. 

 

Most especially embarassment.

 

"I carried you from the fountain, so I laid you here. And since I was so lazy to walk and go sleep in the study room, I plopped myself here instead. It's big enough for the two of us anyways." I felt him shift off the bed, the foam wasn't sinking down due to the weight that got off it. I lowered my head, not even sparing a glance at him, scrunching my nose as I facepalmed.

 

Aish Kyungsoo, please be aware next time. 

 

Wait it's not your fault, right? You fell asleep at the fountain and you didn't know that this would happen.

 

But who would take the responsibility for getting used to snuggling on pillows a lot? 

 

Well , mine of course. Augh.

 

I then heard a click of a lock, I looked back to see what has been going on when I realized a gush of water was then heard. I sighed in relief as I knew Chanyeol went in the bathroom to take a shower. 

 

Today's the day huh? 

 

I should probably go out and get a breather. 

 

But I'm too lazy I just want to lie down on this bed forever.

 

I'll admit it. I am a er for soft and fluffly stuff. Ever since I was a kid I have always loved things all filled with the soft texture of cotton. You can call it a , but I prefer to call it a habit. I always like mushing my face all over it, like as if it was the most loveable thing I have ever had in my life. 

 

I laid my body on the bed again, shifting on the right as I captured one of the large white pillows laying lifelessly on the edge of the bed. I took hold of it, hugging it tightly as I silently screamed deep beneath it, enough for only myself to hear it. I hid my face, snuggling it even more as if it was going to disappear any minute now. 

 

You can do this Kyungsoo. You will stay right by his side all the way. 

 

If he promised you the freedom you'll have soon, you have to be true to stay with him as a promise. 

 

"Promise me. . . you'll come back?" 

 

. . . wait what? 

 

"I'll wait for you. . ."

 

No. Not my head again.

 

Those weird voices in my head. I don't know why they're always lingering like a lost song that I have heard of before but forgot about it. I closed my eyes, hearing them countless times all over again. My heart was racing fast, it was a painful beat. I couldn't understand what I should feel right now. 

 

My breathing wasn't helping either.

 

Pain? Sadness? Depression? Anxiousness? 

 

What is wrong with me? 

 

Who are these voices? 

 

"Where are you going?"

 

I am not going anywhere. 

 

"Why are you leaving me?"

 

I don't know, okay? I don't even know what you're talking about. 

 

"KYUNGSOOO-YAAA?!!!"

 

W-what??? What is wrong with m-me???

 

"N-noo. . . Help?!! Someone help us??!!!"

 

A woman's voice?

 

I-Is that Umma's v-voice???

 

Umma. . . What are you ---

 

"Kyungsoo?" I shrieked, making a quick static motion as I woke back from reality, away from my disturbing thoughts. I quickly sat up on the bed, not letting go of the pillow in my grasp. I closed my eyes for a few seconds, breathing in and out deeply. When I felt that I was calm enough, that my heart stopped beating unevenly, I placed the pillow at the bottom of my chin as I laid on it, hugging to it tight. 

 

"Ya, are you even listening?" Deep voice boomed from across the room, as it finally hit me that Chanyeol was still here and just had his shower. I slowly opened my eyes, as I lifted my head up to see what was it that he needed me to do, looking for the part where the bathroom was located.

 

And on second thought, I regret looking at the bathroom entrance, if you know what I mean.

 

He was wearing only a short towel to cover the bottom half of his body, up until his upper knee, as he also had another towel placed ever so helplessly on top of his head. His hair was still damp and wet, judging by the fact that there were still droplets of water dripping down on the ends of his strands. 

 

You know what, I really need to look away right now, but it ing seems like my mind won't let me and I can't. 

 

Gawd, close your eyes. 

 

And did I mention he was freshly on the upper half? 

 

Like totally half ?

 

No. Do. Not. Look. . 

 

He closed the bathroom door behind him, sliding it on the left shut as he walked towards the bed. I gulped largely, feeling a big lump of saliva just got down my intestines. I felt my mouth gape as I saw that his body was well, a little bit wet, lean, and damn it was so marvelous to touch.

 

He has abs. He has six-packed white milky chocolate abs. 

 

He's so perfect I swear, dayum son, your father and mother has raised you too well. 

 

I want to try and touch those things, they're surely hard and so --- 

 

NO. NO, SNAP OUT OF KYUNGSOO. YOU ARE NOT TOUCHING THOSE THINGS. THEY ARE TEMPTATIONS AND YOU SHOULD NOT BE TEMPTED. 

 

You will go to hell if you do.

 

Although, his body is really lean and tall, fits his height.

 

But no. No touchy-touchy. Let's admit that he's hot. But ---

 

A big ing NO, THANK YOU.

 

He was already in front of me, as I was sitting at the front-end of the bed, looking down as I tried to fumble and play with the pillow's fabric case. My feet that were dangling down on the edge, I tried to lift them up, closing it near my body in a cross-sitting position. 

 

"You can use the bathroom now, you can choose from a warm, cool or hot bath, I am guessing you know how to fix the temperature, right?" He asked as I took a quick glance at him. He was rubbing the towel on his hair, ruffling it to dry. Every hand movement he was doing, his biceps won't stop stretching, giving me a more reason to look away as I shifted my body to face left. 

 

"I-I. . . Y-yeah s-sure, but I am g-gonna go to the b-bathroom later. . ." I can't even stand up from where I am seated right now. Like dear sweet mercy, why should I be stuck in this situation.

 

"Why later? We have to prepare for later's engagement." His shadow covered the nice lighting of the sun from the window, as I realized he moved to face me again. I was kind of glad that he was already wearing his black slacks, but what makes me more worried was that he hasn't worn any top yet. 

 

Kill me now, please. I don't want to see any of this right now.

 

Please go away. 

 

I can feel my cheeks turn pink, as I realized my thoughts were beginning to whirl around Chanyeol's upper body. I was kind of imagining things, as I tried to close my eyes and shake them all away. 

 

You would get the chance to feel it when you guys are on Honeymoon Stage soon.

 

You get a chance to even touch ---

 

NO. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. KYUNGSOO THERE WILL BE NO HONEYMOON. AND THERE WILL BE NO TOUCHING. 

 

NO. JUST NO. STOP. THINKING. 

 

BAD THOUGHTS. BAD.

 

"Ya, Kyungsoo, you've been like a lost boy who doesn't know where his mind went, are you okay?" I can feel his cool breathing on my lips, and lifting up my head wasn't the slight least helpful. His face was close to mine, his arms resting on the bed, on either side of my body, making me locked into position with my eyes staring at him with shrinked pupils.

 

"I-I a-augh. . . N-no. U-uhm. . . T-the. . ." I scratched the back of my head, looking away and scanning different directions just to not make anything less obvious and awkward again. 

 

"You're not looking at me, Soo." His voice became deep, raspy and more like it was made to seduce just anyone who hears it.

 

, did he call me by my nickname? His voice so fits that tone. 

 

Shivers. Shivers down your spine. 

 

"W-What did you say again?" I looked to his side, seeing only his shoulder and half of his face covered in a towel. I tried not to stare anywhere but there, when I heard him chuckle breathily, close to my bottom lip.

 

"Why are you blushing?" 

 

Well, he noticed. And I am so caught off guard here. Please help me now.

 

"N-No. . . I-I am not blushing. What a-are you t-talking abou---" My words stopped as I felt him move even closer to me. The grip on the pillow was now even tighter, my eyes were now fixated at his unkempt, wet, handsome face. Our nose were close to touching as I tried not to exhale again.

 

"Then why aren't you looking at me?" He chuckled, I noticed the changed of his tone from serious to playful, in a way that he's trying to lure you into a dark trap or something. His eyes were half-lidded, his breathing full and heavy. 

 

Oh gosh. It feels so weird, but I want to just stay locked here in his eyes. 

 

I think I have a bad case of indecisive brain disorders. 

 

I like things, but I say no. I hate things but I love them. 

 

Good riddance, Kyungsoo.

 

I couldn't move, I can feel my hands shaking and sweating at the same time. I couldn't lock gazes with him, since I keep blinking, looking into different directions. 

 

"So, I guess Jongin was right after all --" My eyes felt hazy, my mind was in a blur even, as I felt our foreheads touching. I soon can feel a brush of his lips into mine, feeling the atmosphere getting hotter by the minute. 

 

I cannot breathe well. It's so hot in here, I swear. 

 

But I want it bad. I really do. 

 

Why do I always have this kind of feeling when I'm with Chanyeol? 

 

"You really have beautiful lips." 

 

So he was already there when Jongin did that? 

 

He was there all along? Watching me from behind? 

 

I closed my eyes by impulse. I didn't care right now. His words were just like air to me right now. I just plainly wanted to it to happen right now. There and then.

 

I just want him to kiss me right now. I think I really need it. 

 

I want to feel those soft lips into mine. I just want it so badly. 

 

And there it did. I felt it. And it's really perfect. 

 

Kiss. 

 

It feels so good.

 

"Good morning Love Birds ~!!! Today is the big day!!! I hope you guys are all ready for --- ahuuuhhh. . ." I heard a high-pitched voice as the door creaked wide open. My eyes then opened wide at the realization as I shifted my gaze on the figure standing behind the door.

 

Jongdae. 

 

Seriously? Why of all times that I wanted this. Why should you appear at a wrong time like this?

 

I broke the kiss, as I started scrambling on the bed, getting off like a criminal who got captured while he was in the middle of a crime scene. I didn't care if I stepped on Chanyeol's arm or what he actually looks like right now, all I know is that I stood up away from the bed, straightening all the creases on my clothes as I lowered my head with a reddish face.  

 

"Did I miss something? Or did I actually disturb your 'y time', now that I have realized I just barged in?" Jongdae tilted his head, as he was soon slowly sinking half of his body from behind the door, probably kind if embarassed of what he did and wanted to just leave in an instant now. 

 

"N-No. . . no. . . You d-didn't. I-I w-was j-just checking if he h-had d-dirt on his f-face." I lowered my head, fumbling my fingers on the the pendant just to get some strength to stand there, or more so probably I might faint anytime due to the fast pace of my heart and the redness of my face. 

 

"Ohhh? Man, I thought you guys were doing something else, I am glad I didn't disrupt you with anything." Jongdae sighed in relief, as he then opened the door for him to let his whole self in the room again, locking the it from behind. 

 

"What is it that they have told you to come by for?" Chanyeol stood up from his kneeling position on the floor, as he took the towel off his head, placing it on his broad shoulder. 

 

"Oh yeah, well that, uhm Kyungsoo can go to school today. Since your father said he needs a change of plan." The valet shrugged as he explained, dancing on his feet back and forth like a kid who can't stop moving in place. 

 

"Change of plan? What does that mean?" Chanyeol raised an eyebrow as he began walking to one of the cabinets, opening them and started rummaging for clothes.

 

So the King changed his mind huh? 

 

Did the Queen manage to change it? 

 

Or was he at the very least, worried about Chanyeol's feelings? 

 

I hope it was the last one. 

 

"The King announced that the engagement be tomorrow instead, since the Queen asked if Kyungsoo's parents can attend. But since today is Mr. Do's check up for his heart failure, then the King gave some considerations and planned it for tomorrow instead." Jongdae sighed, after Chanyeol had gestured him to sit down on one of the chairs. Seeing the fatigue that was visible on his face from running back and forth in the Palace.

 

Must be really hard to be a valet, right? 

 

I hope he rests well after this. 

 

Oh right. It's Appa's check up for today. I usually was the one who accompanies him before.

 

But. . . how is Appa and Umma now? 

 

How is Sehun? Probably he's been rummaging through my room just to sleep on the bed. 

 

I miss them dearly. 

 

I managed to break a small smile when I heard about my father. My family is one of those ball of sunshines that I can never get mad at, despite their sometimes quick decisions that they do without proper thinking. Even though they are one of the goofiest family members you might ever think of, but they're just the right kind of people for me to live in. Less misunderstandings and more love. 

 

I wish I can go home. 

 

"Understood. I'll have to get dressed and shall have to talk about this with father again. Thank you Dae, you may now leave and take your rest." Chanyeol ordered as he looked at his valet with a warm smile. The latter then immediately stood up, bowed with a genuine smile plastered on his face and exited the room.

 

I sighed in relief, I was glad that he was good to be gone now. I tried to stabilize my breathing, as I started to slowly walk and proceed to the bathroom to take a shower. 

 

"You go ahead. I'll probably be late for my next class. I'll tell the driver to get you to school first." He was already buttoning the bottom part of his white polo, which was actually the inside of the school uniform. He left the last three top buttons open, as he closed the cabinet doors and took his sight on my direction. 

 

I lifted my head to meet his gaze, since my head was all low the whole time and I was just staring at him through his reflection from the shiny tiled floor, since the room had only the sun rays emitting in as it's source of lighting.

 

Messy hair.

 

Unkempt clothing. 

 

That white, toothy smile.

 

He looks really handsome. 

 

Chanyeol was probably one of the people I've had complicated relationships with, no wait scratch that -- he was the only person I have had a complicated relationship. 

 

You know the part where you guys just feel comfortable with each other, even sleeping in bed together was fine. Like both of you just met and click you guys are the ultimate best friends for life and it was fine to do anything and everything that even lovers or married couples would do. 

 

Even without hesitation. 

 

Even kissing. . . 

 

I know that we don't have feelings for each other, I know it's just a matter of need between the both of us. . .

 

That we just need it since it's the only thing we can give for each other now, since we are attached and committed to each other because we were obliged to. 

 

It's just like that right? 

 

The kiss doesn't even mean anything right? 

 

The kisses don't mean anything. They don't right?

 

They don't. Yeah they don't. It's just a kiss and tell thing. 

 

"You sure you don't want me to wait for you?" I asked him in a worried tone. He made out a sweet smile for me, we didn't move a muscle, it was like a moment where it was okay to feel comfortable and calm, looking into each other's eyes.

 

He looks less like a Royalty when he's like this. Wearing normal clothes, without those badges or funny fabric on him. 

 

He looks less like a superior, and more of a human being. 

 

Even when the sun shines on him right now, his smile is more genuine, true and handsome. 

 

Rather than when he smiles wearing his Prince-ly, formal clothes on.

 

"I'll be fine. You don't have to worry, I'll catch up. I promise." 

 

I nodded with agreement, since there wasn't anything I could do about it anyways. He had to talk to his father about it since it's his duty as a Prince to keep things in order, and to make sure everything will be fine. 

 

"I'll just. . . go to the shower then." I made a heart-shaped smile before I walked silently and slowly off to the bathroom, thinking what might be in store for me today, when suddenly I felt long slender arms wrap itself around me. I felt the pupils in my eyes shrink at the feel of it, as it took hold of me tightly. Warm hands gripping onto the sides of my shoulders. 

 

"C-Chanyeol. . ." The feel of his uneven breathing at the nape of my neck brought down yet another set of shiver down my spine, as my breathing slowly began to do the same. I didn't dare to look right, where he was leaning his head, since I became too paralyzed to move at the sudden action that he did. Instead, I looked back down on the tiled floor, seeing a small part of my toes that were visible on the edge of the skirt that I was still wearing. 

 

"Please. . . Promise me you'll stay."

 

I can feel the sadness in his tone, as I tried making out some kind of positive response, but then stopped short when I felt him hugging me tighter. 

 

"Promise me. . . That you'll never run away tomorrow. I promise that you'll get your freedom, but please don't run away. . ." 

 

It makes me feel bad for him. Deeply.

 

"I beg of you. . . Don't run away. Please. This is the only thing I can do. . ."

 

Please, don't beg. 

 

It broke my heart. 

 

His words, there was a feel of desperation and utter misery, as if this was the last pawn in his chess pieces to move on before he goes checkmate. It's like this was the only way he could do to prove himself of something. 

 

Was he trying to impress his father?

 

What does he need to prove? I mean, he's the Prince. 

 

But does his title as one, mean nothing to the King? Empty? 

 

Is being the next Crowned Prince not enough for the King? 

 

Is his efforts not enough? 

 

What else does he want from Chanyeol? 

 

I held his arm, patting it softly to soothe the heavy heart he was feeling right now. I closed my eyes, trying to sink everything in, I wanted to comfort him in the best way I can. 

 

So, that means not everything in being a royal is all fun and happines huh? 

 

I never knew this was this hard.

 

"I'll go with you. I promise." I felt his body shaking, trembling as if he was gonna go on seizure any minute now. I blinked my eyes open as I lifted my head to lean it on the shoulder that was behind me. 

 

"I promise. I'll get engaged with you. . . no matter what."

 

I slowly pulled his hand off of me, as he let go of his tight hold. I turned around to look at him, and I saw the same face I have seen yesterday when the King had told him about the engagement, he was in pure melancholy. His arms were lifelessly dangling down on either side of his body, his head down staring at the floor.

 

"Chanyeol. Trust me on this. I will okay?" I cupped his face with both of my hands, as I tried to lift it up to look at me. I didn't wait for a further response as I just quickly let go of the hold of his face as wrapped him once again in my open arms. 

 

I didn't really know why but seeing him likes this hurt me. And I want to just hug him so close just to keep him safe from harm.

 

Wait a minute. What does this mean then, Kyungsoo? 

 

No. It's not that. I just feel concerned. That's it. Yeah.

 

I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck, I didn't want to let go. I felt his hand hold on to my waist as he snuggled his head in my shoulder, probably inhaling or sniffing my morning scent. 

 

"I know what you're feeling right now. But I just want you to know that I'll be there for you until the end of this." I didn't care if I was tip-toeing due to his very tall height. I just wanted him to feel the warmth, that I'll be here when he needs me. I ruffled his soft brown locks softly, trying to make him feel assured and at the same time safe, that everything will always be fine.

 

I know. . . It's too soon. 

 

But this. I can't. I don't know anymore. 

 

Is it that I am a medical student that I need to care for his welfare. . .

 

Or is it that I am beginning to care too much for him?

 

I just want to be there for him.

 

'Knock knock'

 

A knock was loudly heard from the door, we had to let go of the moment. We broke our contact as he looked at me and on to the door. 

 

"Who is it?" He spoke back as his Prince composure, authoritative and strong. 

 

"Your Highness, this is you humble servant, the King and Queen wants to see you now. Please make haste." It was a voice of a middle-aged woman. She might be one of the Queen's private maids. 

 

"Very well then. Tell them that I shall be there in a while." After what the Prince commanded, silence soon followed, signalling that the servant had understood and went back to her grounds for work. 

 

"I'll have to leave now. You get a shower and head to school, okay? Take care." I was to say something, trying to figure out the words to blurt out, but was stopped with his rushed actions, holding my head in a quick yet secured manner, giving me a peck on the forehead before running out of the door, closing it shut in front of me. 

 

When I realized my sight followed him off to his exit, I shook my head, waving aimlessly in front of my face. I was trying to snap myself out of reality as I quickly walked and went straight to the bathroom without any hesitations. I clicked the door shut, as I leaned my back on it, inhaling deeply and trying to grasp some fresh hair just to relieve the weird feeling welling up in my chest.

 

I let out the pendant from behind my thick clothing as I took a tight grasp on it, I didn't care if my knuckles were turning white from squeezing it. 

 

"Oh please, don't tell me I've gone to far. This shouldn't happen." I breathed, I was trying to calm and relieve myself, but my beating heart won't get in terms with me. It wants me to face it and try to be honest with thus aching emotion that I am dying to feel.

 

"Okay. . . Fine. I don't know what's going on with me or with my head right now. . ."

 

I kissed the front part of the pendant before putting it down again, closing my eyes as I tried to put myself into terms. Trying to be honest with myself.

 

". . . But all I know is that. . ." 

 

My brows furrowed. The feeling on my chest getting stronger the more I wanted to tell myself the whole truth. And that I have to fully accept it.

 

". . . I just don't want to see him like this. . ." 

 

That's it. I need a cold bath. A extremely cold bath. 

 

I am starting to care for him too much. . .

 

--- 

 

Chanyeol POV: 

 

I walked my way to the right wing, hastily trying to reach the Throne Room, when a certain figure appeared from behind one of that large wooden posts of the Palace grounds. 

 

Although, as I was proceeding to where I was going, my thoughts were all filled with Kyungsoo. I didn't know why, but after what happened in the room earlier, I just feel fancied and happy thinking about him.

 

He's cute when he's flustered. 

 

And definitely pretty when his eyes shine with care.

 

I never knew he was like that. 

 

I have a feeling that I miss him right now. 

 

"Why the long face, my dear Crowned Cousin?" My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a voice echo into the garden grounds. He went out wearing his usual Royal clothes, wearing a mischievous smirk on his face.

 

"Jongin." 

 

Man, I want to punch him badly. 

 

"You know, there's a rule that says once you become a Crowned Prince, you should always wear formal clothes and make sure they're ironed and clean." He walked forward to meet my gaze, but only at a satisfying distance between us. His hands were intact inside his pockets as he tilted his head in knowing.

 

"How would you know the ways of the Crowned Prince when you aren't even one yourself?" I asked as I looked at him in head high. I didn't give him the slightest tone of voice, but retained it only to monotonous, deadpanned kind of tune. 

 

"Even if I am not so worthy, I still read the books, and eventually I learn from them." He began walking around me, slowly but in some kind of pace, I didn't move nor did I make any remark about it as I just stood there waiting for him to speak again.

 

"I just love how you choose a person from a random student body, just to get him married to you even if he doesn't want to."  My eyes widened as I heard the statement, I looked back at him, still keeping my expressionless composure, although giving him a slight glare from the inside. 

 

"You knew all along?" I was following his movements, as he kept roaming around me, hearing him make a breathy laugh.

 

"Kyungsoo wouldn't be the only person watching you from behind that time, right? And probably those students weren't the only ones who witnessed your drastic announcement, right?"

 

. He was right. 

 

He was there all the time. 

 

"I never knew you were still watching over me, even in classes do you?" I raised an eye brow, as he came to a stop on my right, looking down on the floor before he looked back at me with a boastful look.

 

"I am Prince Jongin, and since the King doesn't trust my young baby cousin, I am still going to guard and watch you in secret." He rolled his eyes at me, looking at a far distance, moving hisbhead left and right as if it was a funny thing to talk about. 

 

I hate my father for this.

 

I hate him for not trusting me to do things on my own.

 

Just because I did things my way when I was younger. . .

 

That didn't mean I'll wreck everything they want me to do in the future. 

 

"I know what what I did. And I know what I'm doing." I looked away from him, as a walked slowly away from him, trying not to put it in my head and just head on to the Throne room.

 

"You know what you're doing, but you don't know what you've done." 

 

I stopped. I felt nervous. I looked back at him to see that he wasn't looking at my direction. Although, I can hear a small chuckle from him. 

 

"What did you say?"

 

He looked back at me, making out a sarcastic smile as he shrugged his shoulders, as if that whatever he was going to say at this point of time, it wouldn't matter or it will only be between the both of us. 

 

"I said. You know what you're doing. But you don't know what you've done, to Kyungsoo and to this Royal Family. . ." 

  

"What would Uncle and Aunt say? When they found out that their only son, next to the throne, lied to them about his fiancé?" He was again walking slowly towards my direction, as I was soon curling my hands into tight fists. I was cringing on the inside, and I was this close to attacking him there and then.

 

"That Kyungsoo was the Chosen One. That Kyungsoo was the one you picked. . ." I felt his breath on my left ear, his breathing was light and even, placing his hand on top of my shoulder. 

 

". . . That Kyungsoo is someone he was actually not?"

 

I want to punch him right now.

 

"Tell me my dear cousin, who is the person wearing the Royal Ring Band on the wrist?"

 

 

"If there is anything you want to know about the ring band, I assure you that it is with Kyungsoo. And even if I lied about falling for him and being my fiancé, I still gave the bad because it was rightfully his, because I made him my fiancé."

 

And yet another lie. 

 

Was there any other way I could fix this now? 

 

I defensed myself, looking at him in superior even though I know the things I've said were only half true. The lie about loving Kyungsoo to my parents was true, since we don't really have emotional attachments towards each other.

 

But apart from that. The Ring Band was a total lie. 

 

I need to get it back before they find out. 

 

I don't want to. But I needed to. 

 

I made up this mess.

 

Then, I have to face the consequences alongside with it.

 

He never said a word after that, his hand off my shoulder, as I walked away and never gave him another glance. I walked evidently faster to the Throne Room, both because I was in a hurry, my parents my take note of my tardiness and also away from Jongin, who probably was one of the vital people that might get me off red-handed. 

 

I should be more careful next time. 

 

But for now the Band stays with him.

 

He was supposed to be my Chosen One, after all.

 

---

 

Kyungsoo POV: 

 

I came to school quite on time, the car ride off to school wasn't really a peaceful one, since when these slick black vehicles enter the school gates, students of different shapes and sizes rush off to chase these cars and probably tap on to the back part, and will eventually scream their lungs out. 

 

Fangirling 101: If you see your idol's car, tap on the back part, they might notice you. 

 

With matching false hope.

 

And a dash of wishful thinking. 

 

It's not that I have bitterness towards fangirls, actually I am one too especially with one of my favorite international bands like Coldplay or Nirvana, but you know the part where you're just one of the millions of people that idolize them so much and you only have like a probability of 0.0000001% chances of actually getting noticed by them. 

 

And practically that's one of the hardest struggles of being a fan.


 

Some time around you just want to pray hard and wish up on a star just to make your life more worthwhile, like you be that someone who gets noticed by your favorite person 'cause you got a talent to show in the aisle or at the side street like what you see in movies, but no. 

 

Life doesn't work like that. 

 

Instead of your idol noticing you, the most unwanted and unexpexted person would find you instead. 

 

Like me and Chanyeol. 

 

We don't even like each other yet we find ourselves bound to each other now. 

 

If life gives you lemons, and if you wanted an apple, then just live with it. As if you have something to do about it. 

 

But if you have the guts to change and defy life in it's fullest, then why not. Go and do it. 

 

But for my case, I can't just wreck and defy the life given in front of me. 

 

Because I might not just wreck mine, but Chanyeol's as well. 

 

As I went out of the car, immediately a herd of men in black suits, which were probably Chanyeol's bodyguards, surrounded me and tried blocking the students that were trying to reach me or even try to get into my hold. Their screams were like a menace, definitely deafening to my ears. I lowered my head to the ground, trying to focus on my feet, alternating it's action as it was struggling to take me inside the school grounds. 

 

"Kyungsoo!!!"

 

"Omgee, Kyungsoo, we love you!!!" 

 

"Take good care of the Prince for us Kyungsoo!!!" 

 

"Be a good lover to him too ~!!!"

 

I never knew they would accept me like this. 

 

They love me. As much as they have loved the Prince. 

 

I feel flattered, but at the same time I feel kind of sad. I might disappoint them soon if they know I won't stay as a Royal longer than they expect me to. 

 

"Kyungsoo, right here!!! I raised my head, realizing that I was already inside of the school grounds, this time I was in the secluded part of the locker room. 

 

I looked around to realize that I have unconsciously walked away from the crowd, and probably the bodyguards were already blocking and pushing the students away from where I even went, finding out I lasted here instead. 

 

"Kyungsoo, I am over here!!!" 

 

Baekhyun?


 

I looked around corners to find the source of voice, and when I found a small beagle head popping out from the fire exit on the far right end. I immediately ran into him and opened door enough for me to get out of it and close it behind me. 

 

"I thought I'll never see you." I hugged him tightly, close enough for me to actually he was going to disappear off my sight. Like as if it was the last time I'll ever see him.

 

"Woah woah woah. Kyung, I am fine. I have missed you even dearly. I should be the one to say that. The odds are crazy as ." He made out a small laugh, returning the hug as I felt evenly comfortable and relieved when he's around. I then let go of the hug as I smiled at brightly, just to make him see how happy I was. 

 

"Wanna skip class then?" He asked in a mischievous tone, wiggling his eye brows as he smiled like a some kind of maniac. 

 

"I hate you. Why are you gonna skip class again?" I playfully slapped the side of his arm, he then hugged me again, making another set of beagle-eyed cute faces. 

 

"C'mon Kyung. We haven't together for quite some time, and you were absent yesterday since I heard on the news that your engagement was announced. C'mon, we still have a lot to talk about pleaaassseee ~" He rubbed his cheeks on my shoulder as he made a cute pout. 

 

"Okay. . . fine fine." I rolled my eyes at the actions he was portraying. Sighing as if I just gave in to a kid's request to get loads of candy even though he wasn't allowed to do so. 

 

"We go to the same place then?" 

 

"The playground?" I looked at him, kind of delighted as I saw him jumping in excitement like a small girl. 

 

"Yes, the swing, Kyung. Like the old times." He then took hold of my arm as he dragged me down the exit stairs, excitedly rushing down and leading me to the playground. 

 

I still remember when we were kids, when he would try to drag me in a large box and we usually hide there as he needed to tell a secret message to me. Usually those messages were just asking me to run away from kinder classes, usually during playtime or painting class when the teacher doesn't usually watch over us. We weren't actually allowed to go out of the classroom, but we always had the cutest reasons to go to the bathroom, open the window near the sink, and we help each other climb up and get off to wherever we wanted to go. And returning through the front door and pretending to cry because we lost our way and ended up outside with the door locked. 

 

Those memories were really kind of funny and lovely to look back at. I may even want to reminisce all those times me and Baekhyun were together. 

 

But were those the only memories I had of my childhood? 

 

Was Baekhyun the only person I had as a childhood friend?

 

Was I really that shy back then? 

 

--- 

 

"Tomorrow?!" Baekhyun exclaimed as ue stood up from the swing that he was seating. He looked so shocked and outraged, he wasn't even leaving his sight off me. 

 

"Yeah, it was supposed to be today, but since they wanted my family to attend, the moved it tomorrow. Although, I guess it was better, to give me a breather pr space, I guess." raised my head to meet his gaze, I nodded calmly. He gave out a sigh, getting back to sitting on the swing, but slammed his weight on it a little too heavily as he left his arms dangling on the sides of the swing. I lowered my head, watching the wind blow a small patch of grass, as I swung slowly back and forth.

 

"Kyung, are you even okay with that? I mean they didn't even ask your opinion of what you would think about this." I can pinpoint Baekhyun's worried tone. I looked at him, still swinging back and forth, he had eyes of a sad pup and that of a worried friend. 

 

Baekhyun, I know you'll feel sad because I will be getting engaged with the person you like. 

 

Or you love rather.

 

"It's fine Baek, I think I'll be fine." I smiled, assuring him that everything will be okay.

 

"B-But Kyung. . . Are you sure about this? I mean, are you even ready to get engaged?" 

 

I stopped swinging when I heard him say those words. I lowered my head even more, just staring at the my feet that were locked together. 

 

I knew it. He isn't worried about me getting engaged.

 

I can feel it in his tone. It isn't because he's worried that I am not ready. 

 

He's worried because Chanyeol will be bound to someone else soon. 

 

And that someone else is his only best friend

 

"Even if I am ready or not, I will still get engaged with him. My opinion and whatever I might say about it doesn't matter because it has already beent settled. As if I have any other choice." I said it to him calmly as I tried my best not to sound partly pissed and partly hurt at the same time. 

 

I knew from the very beginning when I open this topic up, most especially about Chanyeol, he becomes this sick hopeless romantic person that I don't even know where that came from, and then would forget that the reason why I opened this up to him was because I wanted him to be concerned about my welfare and not about his and his broken love life with Chanyeol.

 

Baekhyun was never like this before. 

 

What has gotten into him now?

 

Just because of Chanyeol. I mean what is wrong? 

 

And why do I feel so affected about it? 


 

"I have a better idea, Kyung." Baekhyun's face brightened a bit, raising his index finger as the idea came into him. He reached out to my hand that was holding on to the chains of the swing. He gave my knuckles a tight squeeze, as I looked at him seeing the burning determination in his eyes.

 

"You'll run away tomorrow." 

 

What? 

 

What do you think you're doing Baekhyun? 

 

"W-What?!" I felt like my soul just woke up from a long sleep when I heard him. I didn't move a muscle though. I felt like I froze to death there and then. 

 

"You'll run away from the Engagement Rites tomorrow." He nodded, he was even smiling at his brilliant idea. 

 

Running away?!

 

What for?!

 

"W-Wha --- I mean. . . why?" I felt my temperature lowering and turning cold. I knew I was getting paler at the thought of running away at the Engagement Rites. I can't risk my name for shame. 

 

"Kyung, listen to me. You do not want this. You don't want this, I know you don't. I am trying to help you run away because I don't want you to get into this mess the Prince made even further." He sounded worried now, he wasn't emphasizing anything about the Prince anymore.

 

And he was more concerned about me. 

 

He was right. I didn't like -- no, I never wanted any of this. 

 

But what will happen to me if I do that? 

 

What will my family say? 

 

What will Chanyeol say? 

 

Why do I feel so concerned about what he's gonna say anyway? 

 

"B-But what am I supposed to do? I can't just do that, it's not easy, Baekhyun. I mean look at what we are facing. What I am facing." I let go of his hold, putting down my hands and looking away. I lowered it, trying not to hide the feeling of anxiousness that rose on me. 

 

I don't know. I don't know what to do. 

 

"Kyung, everything will be fine. When you run away, we take you to another region and then there you can start a new life. No one will ever find you. I am here to help you right?" Baekhyun got off the swing and squatted in front of me to meet my gaze, he placed his hands on top of mine that was resting on my lap, making soft circles for comfort. 

 

"Baekhyun, I don't know. . ." I wasn't looking at him, shaking my head trying to refuse whaty mind is about to do. I feel convinced and I really wanted to, but my heart tells me to stop doing this foolishness. 

 

"Do you want to spend your life locked in those Palace doors? And you'll have to wait like a millenia to get your freedom? Think about it, Kyungsoo."

 

And then it hit me. 

 

Baekhyun's right. 

 

Why should I wait longer for my freedom. When I can have it sooner? 

 

I know running away will be harsh, but if it's the only way to take me away from this kind of world, and start myself a new in my own ways, then I'll try to grab the chance. 

 

But my heart. . . 

 

Why are you telling me to stop? 

 

It doesn't matter now. I want to be free, out of this, away from them and everything that deals with it. 

 

What matters is my own self. 


 

I looked at Baekhyun with an unreadable face, he was trying to decode but to no avail. I stared at him for a few more seconds before I nodded lightly. 

 

". . . Okay. Let's do it then.

 

---


 

——————————————————

 

Author's Note:

 

Chapter Eight done!! ^^ 

 

Reminder: Guys if you find this story updated tomorrow, that just means I edited one of the chapters for beta ^^" since my beta partner is kind of busy because of term papers and deadlines. Q u Q 

 

I'll have to edit this chapter too maybe. Ahaha XD

 

Ehto there you have it guys. Sorry for the late update. I am really kind of busy today. 

 

Hell Week in school as usual Q . Q"

 

But well, oh noes. What is Kyungsoo trying to do now? 

 

I bet the Engagement on the next chapter won't come out fine. 

 

We'll see :3 

 

Anyways, thank you so much for reading Q u Q I am happy all of you enjoyed ~

 

Chapter Nine will come out soon ~ 

 

Probably I will try updating Blood Moon Sonata as well. Q u Q 

 

Happy reading ~!! 

 

*Puing-puing~^^*