Internship starts

Dazzling Dreams

“The team managers have already made their decisions and they will be calling the chosen ones by the end of the day, before 6pm. Do not be disappointed if you did not get your desired team as you still have the chance to work with them as the managers will be having a monthly evaluation and can recommend you to another team. We thank you for great work and we are looking forward to see your achievements!” The organiser exclaimed.

Bona received a call almost right after from the fashion designer team but she was not particularly thrilled about it and she was even frowning a little. “Bona, why are you so upset? I was thinking you suit fashion design more than the cosmetics team anyway!” “No, you don’t understand! Cosmetic making is so much more interesting even though I am still new at it…” she trailed off as she covered herself with the bed cover, signalling that she wants to have her own quiet time.

“Ring, ring, ring” “Ri, pick up your phone!” Bona grumbled. “That’s not mine, it’s yours!” I argued. “But I already got a call…” “Just pick it up!” I yelled. “Seriously? Really? Thank you so much! I will definitely work hard” Bona cried out happily as she replied in Korean. I raised an eyebrow after she hanged up her phone. “I got into the cosmetics team! They said I was chosen by two teams and I had the power to choose which team I can get into!” She explained enthusiastically. “Congratulations, you made it!” I shouted as I gave her a big hug.

While Bona is all happy and bubbly, I still have not received a call. I looked at my phone, no message, no missed call and it was already 5.25pm. Am I not getting into any team? Bona caught on my worries as she comforted me, “You will definitely get into one team, they won’t send you back to New York right?” “What if they did? What if I am not good enough or that my Korean and they just did not want me hanging around?” I whispered and mumbled to myself.

Just when my mind is about to explode from thinking, I received a call. “Hello? Oh yes, I see, thank you for giving me this opportunity. Yes, I shall see you tomorrow. Thank you.” I replied politely to the hair salon’s manager. I could not help but feel like my stomach just dropped to a bottomless pit. The hair salon’s manager, Miss Kim said that she offering a place at her wedding shoot department and that I was the only one chosen for the team. It was already 6pm and I sighed as there goes my opportunity to be part of the magazine team. “See! I thought you will get into a team!” Bona said. I gave her a weak smile and nodded.