Decision

Dazzling Dreams

Even though I am constantly talking with them through texts and phone call, I miss their presence. I miss working with the staff, with my colleagues and Bona. It feels lonely here in New York. I went to my boss to discuss about my future prospects and she said she heard about my work in Korea from the teams, even the bad part about me arguing with customers, complaining about my senior and getting kicked into an idol makeup team. She said that despite the fact that there are some negative aspects to it, all of the managers recognised that I had talent and skills as a makeup artist and have the potential to go into fashion design and coordination too. She told me the choice is up to me and she will always have a place for me here since I am a valuable artist to her.

After weighing my options, I have made my decision. I am going to stay in Korea, even for a few more months, I want to support BTS and make sure they get more recognised. I want to participate in their upcoming promotion, to ensure that their outfit, makeup and hair are perfect. I do not want to leave any regrets and I do not want to leave them so suddenly. I can pick up fashion classes while I am there so I am not only building up my practical makeup experience and also learning new skills.

I informed my New York boss and BigHit about my decision. My parents were happy that I finally looked cheerful, no longer moody and depressed about making a decision. I wanted to surprise the boys so I asked BigHit to keep it a secret. I was in time for Suga’s birthday. They were coming back from Taiwan concert in evening. I got the manager’s permission to go to their dormitory to surprise them. I cleaned the house and set up some simple decorations. I made some Korean food such as kimchi pancakes, seaweed soup, japchae and ordered some chicken.

“Ah, I am so tired,” Suga groaned as I heard the luggage sound coming behind the boys. Soon, all the boys were coming into the house one by one, kicking their shoes off and throwing their jackets on the floor. They still have not noticed my presence. I tip toed to the hallway where they have to pass to get into their rooms.

“Surprise!” I lit the torch under my chin, with my hair covering my face, I rolled my eyes up to show the whites of my eyes. Jhope started screaming and fell to the ground with a thud. Jimin jumped and yelled, “That is terrifying, go away!” Jin the lights quickly and they all stood silent for a few seconds before calling my name.

“Happy birthday Suga oppa,” as I walked towards him with my open arms. “This is a sweet surprise Rian, thank you.” “Not as sweet as you are, oppa,” I beamed at him and led him to the kitchen. “Woah, daebak, so much food!” Jimin cheered. “This is so unfair, Suga hyung got a whole table of food and I got japchae only, favouritism!” He whined. Rapmon, without a word, pulled me into his embrace, “Welcome back Rhiannon.” “Hey sunny boy, thanks.” Seeing that, V quickly pushed Rapmon away to hug me. He hugged me for so long that I had to push him away and with the help of Jimin. Jimin gave me a tight hug, “Are you staying in Korea now?” “Yes, I have decided to stay for a while more.” Jungkook gave me a quick hug too, “How long?” “I don’t know.” I replied honestly. Jhope hugged me and lifted me off the floor, moving me left and right excitedly, “At least let us know one month in advance if you are going to go.” “Yes, Hobi oppa.”

Jin was the last one to hug me and my head while whispering, “Good to have you back Rian.” How soft and soothing is his voice, I missed his warm embrace. “Okay let’s eat! Chicken should be on its way too!” I clapped happily. We started digging in and after the first round of food, we had second round of food (chicken mainly) and then I prepared third round of snacks (aka junk food) as the boys turned the living room into a karaoke room.

Jhope, Jimin and V started dancing at the front with Rapmon and Suga having a rap battle. Jin tried to sing a solo ballad song but Jungkook adlibs kept disrupting his limelight. Soon, all of us were jumping, swaying, rocking our heads and screaming (mostly Jhope). Since the boys did not have schedule the next day, they were going full out crazy. V started using toilet rolls to decorate his head and using it to whip around; Jimin took out metal bowl and a spoon to play his “drums”; Jungkook who was still sane used a cucumber as mic; Jhope got two torchlights and started blinking it; Jin took out his army bomb and started head banging; Rapmon broke into his awkward dance and Suga started singing trot. I have never seen the boys this crazy and this out of control. I guess it is fine since they need to unleash their inner wild child from time to time.