Tell me why

Dazzling Dreams

Sometimes do you ever wonder how and why you are friends with someone that is completely different to you? Do you ever think that maybe you were meant to be friends and some are meant to be passer-by?

“Bona,” I murmured in the dark. We were both lying down on the chairs on the balcony, breathing in the cool summer night’s air.

“Mhmm?” she replied groggily.
“What are you thinking?” I asked.
“Hmm, how we came to Korea and how we are still living together.” She replied.
“Don’t you think that’s amazing? I am an introvert and you are an extrovert. You like hanging out with people and I like having time by myself.” I voiced.
“We are perfect for each other. You balance my hyper activeness Rhiannon. Otherwise I will probably be a wild, partygoer if I didn’t have you around, to share my worries and stress,” she confessed.
“Aww I love you too. I will be a plain Jane if not for you,” as I reached out to hold her hand.

After being comforted by Jin, I was no longer worried but I still thought I should maintain my distance with them, for now at least. I stopped speaking to Mark when we are at broadcasting station but we still talk through texts and phone calls.

However, the boys were aware of my preventive measures. They can sense that I am being purposefully distant and cold to them when we are at broadcasting stations and radio stations. I only returned to my normal self when it is just us. Me and Bangtan. I feel that I can no longer be carefree with the staffs around. Even they might think that I am dating one of the members because of my actions. Sensing that I was being unusual, Rapmon called me one night to clarify the situation.

RM: Rhiannon?
Me: Yeah Joonie?
RM: Tell me why you are being like this?
Me: Like what?
RM: Being cold and aloof to us these days? Jin hyung said you got warned by Got7 staffs and our manager? But he didn’t go into details.
Me: Yeah…
RM: Meet me outside. I want to see you.
Me: Okay.

We met at a quiet café near Bighit studio. There was barely anyone in the café, just the barista and a few people sitting individually, working on their laptop. No one reacted when I tripped over the first flight of wooden stairs that were leading up to the rooftop café. I made sure to look around to see that no one paid attention to me. Am I being paranoid again?

“Joon!” I called out happily, relieved to see that there was no one at the rooftop and it was only him around. Rapmon smiled when he saw me waving excitedly. “Well, isn’t someone happy to see me,” Rapmon smirked. It has been awhile since we last had a chill session with just us two. We do get to hang out with one another but not with two of us anyway. It is always with the boys or with some of the staffs. It is nice to be out on a cool summer night, to talk things out.

Being friends meant that we could confide in each other. Whenever I needed help, Rapmon would be there to help me. When I was struggling with speaking Korean and when I was feeling lonely being placed in a new team. It was almost natural to tell Rapmon what was going on in my head and how I feel.

Without any hesitation, I could pour my heart out, telling him what happened, the details and the emotional turmoil that I had. He just listened quietly like I did when he shared his worries and burden as a leader.

He did not comfort me or tell me what to do. He merely said, “Regardless, I will be here for you.”

That night, I went back sinking into deeper thoughts. Am I protecting Bangtan or am I am protecting myself? I am distancing myself from them to keep them safe from rumours or am I keeping myself safe? Am I being self-centred here? What is right and what is wrong? Am I wrong?

 

 

A/N: Double chapter update, a gift for you all as Christmas gift!