Work hard, play hard

Dazzling Dreams

Recharged with energy, BTS began their broadcast schedule and followed by Japan tour. In November, Japan is getting cold but the boys heat up the stage in no time, getting the crowd to jump and scream excitedly. The three day wrapped up successfully and they were welcomed by their fans warmly. They are definitely coming back. We had a few days in Japan before flying back to Korea. I spent the first two days with the staff, shopping, eating and sight-seeing while the boys enjoyed their free time, with the supervision of their managers of course.

On the last day, I asked the boys if they wanted to hang out again and they agreed. We decided to go try nice Japanese food before we go back. I told them to bring their wallets because I am not shouting them food again! We went to a restaurant with sushi train as we feast on nigari-zushi and ordered tempura and soba noodles. All the boys had a stack of sushi plates in front of them and they all had a bowl of noodles. Luckily I was smart enough this time round, otherwise I would have declared bankruptcy at a young age. I liked the tempura and soba the best as I savoured each bite of the tempura and the smooth texture of the noodles. Both Jin and I seemed to enjoy the tempura a lot as we ordered another plate to share. He seems to like greasy food and sweets like I do.

After we got our stomach filled, I suggested that we go have fun at the arcade. Time to beat the boys with something that I am good with. Since I was a gamer, I am sure that I will be able to win them in at least one game.

The boys ran wild when we got to the arcade. Jimin, V and Jungkook went straight to the shooting games while the older boys went to those fighting games, one called Tekken. While I went to the driving games and pump. I was having fun until I heard Rapmon and Suga yelling at the back so I quickly went over. Turns out that they were just having an intense Tekken fight. Again, Suga seems to be good with games as he won the second match consecutively. “Oppa jang!” I cheered. “One more match,” Rapmon whined. “Bring it on,” Suga said smugly. Next to them were Jin and Jhope who were equally loud during their game. “Ya, ya, ya, kick properly, punch, punch,” Jin yelled. “Woooooo, yeah!” Jhope cheered as he won, he celebrated with a little dance on the floor.

Jimin was versing Jungkook at the shooting games. V was telling me how Jungkook lost the first game and did not let V play since he wanted a re-match. Jungkook gets ridiculously competitive at everything he does. He got serious, determined face on, as his arms are tensed as they gripped the gun tightly, his eyes wide-opened, on alert to start shooting once he spots an enemy. On the other hand, Jimin looks relax as he won the first game. He held the gun casually with one hand and another hand in his pocket. “Ooooooh Jiminie is cool,” I gushed. The golden maknae will not let his hyung enjoy all the glory as he glared at the screen fiercely and aimed accurately at every target. “Yes,” Jungkook said as he fisted his left hand and pulled it back victoriously. “I was just being easy on him,” Jimin shrugged. Finally, V got a chance to play with Jungkook since Jimin lost interest.

I wandered around and found basketball hoop game. “Oppa, oppa, hurry and come!” I yelled. Jin, Jhope, Rapmon and Suga all came. “Why did all of you come? I only called for Suga oppa.” “Technically, all four of us should be your oppa but you only call suga your oppa and that’s rude,” Rapmon commented. Ignoring him, I pulled Suga to the machine and made him play. Without a doubt, he managed to get 96% of the shots that he made into the hoop. “Woah, daebak!” I cheered. The other three did not want to be bystanders and took the machines beside Suga’s and started to play. Rapmon threw the ball so hard that it rebounced off the headboard and flew straight back to him. I could not help but laugh at him. Jhope was throwing his balls energetically, each time he shoots, he made his own sound effect, “Ha”, “Oh”, “Ya” and screams when it did not land into the hoops. Jin? He goes “Yap, yap yap” as he shoots and shoots like a professional basketball player but his accuracy is nowhere near Suga’s. In the end, Suga won, second place to Jin, third to Jhope and of course Rapmon came in last place, that poor guy just cannot get the right amount of power in his throw.

Around an hour later, my roommate, Hye Bin, rang me and asked me where I was as it was getting late and she is about to sleep as we have to catch the plane at 5am next morning. Looking at the time on my watch, it was 12.25pm already. I told her to go ahead and sleep and I will be heading back to the hotel. I gathered all the boys and told them it was time to head back to the hotel. Their managers have allowed them to roam freely because he knew that I will be there to rein them when they get too wild or out of control. When they are playing and having time, they lose track of time so they needed a timekeeper. That is the role that I play tonight.

“Let’s go boys, we got to sleep to catch the plane!” Jin, V and Jimin whined when they heard me. Suga, being strict and straightforward warned them, “It’s late, let’s go.” Reluctantly, we head back to the hotel. “Goodnight heungtan!” I said while waving them goodbye. “I am taking you back to your room,” Rapmon said as a matter of fact. “What? Joon, this is a hotel, I can see my way back safely,” my voice turned squeaky at his suggestion. “No, I am taking you back,” he insisted. “You can’t say it’s dark because the hotel is so well lit and I won’t get kidnapped, so just go back to your room already,” as I pushed him towards the elevators. “No, I have to make sure you step into your room,” he said as he stood rooted to the ground. “Hyung, what Rian said is right. But you should go back and I should take her back instead. Not fair that you and Jin hyung get to take her back last time. I want to take her back too.”

“Ya, aren’t you tired? Give it a rest, both of you just head back to your room.” I slapped V on his arm. “Are you guys really fighting about that? I am out, I am going to sleep,” Suga said as he yawned. “Goodnight oppa, sleep tight!” I said with a smile. Suga nodded and head straight to the elevators. Jhope, Jimin and Jungkook followed soon after. Jin patted me on the head and looked into my eyes before wishing me goodnight. V was being stubborn and insisted that he should take me back. I only stayed one level above them and they are making such a big fuss out it. Why? Rapmon sighed as he saw my tired look, “Goodnight Rhiannon.” “Goodnight Namjoonie.”

I asked V if he is happy that he got to take me back and he grinned like a kid that got rewarded with a candy. He really does get happy at random things. “Goodnight taetae.” “Wait, I have something for you,” as he fished something out of his pocket. It was a small white rilakkuma soft toy keychain. “Aww it’s so cute, thank you taehyungie” I cooed. I opened my arms and gave him a tight hug. So this is why he wanted to take me back himself, what a sweetheart he is. The corners of his eyes crinkled as his eyes became moons with his mouth shaped into a rectangular smile, showing his white teeth. This kid can be really cute at time when he is not playing hide and seek with me. “Goodnight tae, don’t get excited when you go back to your room and sleep early, okay?” “Yes, goodnight Riri!”

For the next few days, we flew back to Korea for a fan sign before flying back to Japan for handshake event and broadcast. Then, we flew back to Korea for fan sign. We were flying here and there that my travel mileage must have accumulated some points for me.