December

Dazzling Dreams

BTS was nominated in the Best Dance Performance Male Group at MAMA but unfortunately they did not win. However, I made sure to encourage them by giving them high fives after their performance. “Did you hear the crowd screaming and jumping, you guys were awesome! This is just the start, you are already gaining recognition on this platform, let’s run together and achieve our goals!” I reassured them.  “Teamwork makes the dream work!” Rapmon punched his arm into the air as he motioned the boys to gather around him for a group hug.

The next day it was Jin’s birthday. I got him seasoned and fried chicken as present and I know that he will love it. “Happy birthday Jin!” I gave him a big hug and handed him his present. “Chicken?” as he unboxed. The minute he saw the chicken, he started to eat. “Thank you Rian,” he said between his bites. They were in the midst of preparing for their concert in Asia and just finished their practice. “Wa, chicken… where’s our share?” Jhope asked. “Sorry, it’s only for birthday boy today,” I apologised. After, BTS performed in Philippines, Singapore and Thailand. In between they flew back to Korea for broadcasts and they celebrated their 555th day debut. The rest of the month, they were busy with Year End Special.

On Christmas eve, Bona and I went to the Christmas party that the exchange interns were throwing and we managed to catch up with them all. It reminded me that the intern program will be ending in January 31st. Time flies when I became BTS makeup artist. I spent so much time with and made numerous memories with them. I got closed to the staff as they are such friendly people, it is a tight bond that I wish to maintain. Hence, I decided to make chocolate cupcakes, gingerbread man, hot tea and hot coffee for them to convey my gratitude towards their care and love for me.

I gave the first batch of Christmas food to BTS before they started the rehearsal for Gayo Daejun. They looked incredulous when I handed them the gold and white polka dot boxes to each of them. “Christmas present,” I said. Next, I started to hand out the rest to the staff and told them that there is tea, coffee and hot chocolate on the table too. “You have formed a habit to gift food now didn’t you,” Rapmon noted. Jin was about to start eating when I closed his box, “Eat it after the rehearsal, you can’t eat and dance after!” “Ah, okay,” he replied blankly while staring at the box filled with cupcakes and ginger bread biscuits.

For V’s birthday, I gave him japchae as present. “How did you know that’s my favourite food, so far you got everyone’s favourite food, just how?” He wondered out loud. “It’s a secret,” I joked. Internet is amazing, my friend.