Expect the unexpected

Dazzling Dreams

The dinner was an hour away and interns quickly gathered their luggage and made their ways to their assigned rooms. Both Bo Na and I were assigned to the same room as expected and went into a frenzy to prepare for the dinner event. Bo Na was dressed in a body hugging red dress with gold accessories and stockings while I was in a classic black dress topped with a cute collared pastel pink knit and stockings. You admired how Bo Na could bare her arms in this cold. Even though the hotel was fairly heated, it was still cold when I had to change. I have no idea how Bo Na can be so resistant to the cold. Maybe because she is half Korean? Or the fact that she was just one hot girl? 

 

"Ready?" Bo Na asked as she looked at me, folding my collar which I have forgotten to do so. My lips curved upwards and helped her to tuck her flying strand of hair behind her ear and replied, "Never more ready than this! Let's smash this internship!" Together, both of us strutted down the hotel hallway because both of us owned this runaway show, illuminated by the lights adorned on the side of the hallway.

 

I gasped inwardly in awe. The restaurant had transformed into a glamorous and elegant party venue where long tables of food are lined along the side of the room, chandeliers were sparkling gold on the ceiling, with gold ribbons tied around white satin-covered chairs, each round dining table were decorated with fresh pink and blue hydrangeas. The dining tables were placed strategically around the room, forming the circumference of the dance floor in the middle of the room.

 

Likewise, Bo Na was exclaiming how classy the venue look as she linked her arms with me, dragging me towards the group of interns. Upon seeing the arrival of two beauties, other male interns winked flirtatiously while complimenting how gorgeous both of us looked. Everything happened in a flurry as I enjoyed my time, eating scrumptious food, mingling with fellow interns and dancing around freely.

 

However, such magical moment was interrupted by an announcement. "Ladies and gentlemen, we hope you enjoyed your dinner party. The real internship is just about to begin! We understand that most of the interns do not speak Korean, let alone know anything about the Korean culture in depth, therefore we have prepared an intensive Korean course for two weeks where you will learn to speak and read basic level of Korean language and be part of homestay or share house with local Koreans who can speak both English and Korean. You will be assessed at the end of two weeks according to how well you have adapted to the new culture and environment. Internship placement will be reliant on your performance. Top performers will get to work at Seoul Fashion Show, next will be with Dazed Korea and others will be assigned to various make-up studio. Pack your bags tonight and you will be sent off to your share house tomorrow morning and enjoy the rest of your night!" The representative announced and stepped down the podium with a bow.

 

I started to panic. I thought there will be a translator with the interns. Little did I expect that I will have to learn Korean myself or stay at a share house instead of a hotel? I locked eyes with Bo Na and all I can see is her eyes twinkle in excitement. "Why do you look so excited?"  "Well because it sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to learn about Korean culture!" "Are you serious...? Oh wait! You are Korean! You will ace this challenge! No wonder you look so confident and excited!" My only hope is that Bo Na will be around with me and be my private tutor. Otherwise I will never be able to win! I knew my own ability so I did not aim for Seoul Fashion Week team but surely, I will be able to work with Dazed at least?