Recognition

Dazzling Dreams

My makeup team was so happy to see me back that all of them came to hug me. I feel so welcomed that it feels right to be here. Compared to the past teams that I have been placed in Korea, this is where I fit the most. Now that I can converse with them in Korean fairly well, although there are still many words that I do not understand, they will help by using easier words or by explaining it to me patiently. I am truly blessed to be part of the Bangtan staff team. It is such a close knitted group.

During the time that I was away, Rapmon was busy preparing for his solo debut. His song was personal, slightly dark as he revealed his inner world. To see him transform his worries, sorrows and frustration into a song, is fascinating. He may look cold and cool but in fact, he is just a soft person who thinks deep and likes anything cute. “Your hair is getting longer,” he held onto the tips of my hair which fell above his chest while I was filling in Rapmon’s eyebrows. “Oh yeah, sorry, I will tie it up..." “Nah, leave it, I like it like that,” he whispered softly in English. Surprised by his sudden comment, I turned around, dropped my head down and pretended to look for something on the table, hiding the blush that was creeping up my cheeks.

“I didn’t know you were smart,” trying to change the subject. “Well, I have got the y mind and y body, don’t tell me you don’t know,” he replied with a smirk. “Well, I didn’t know you got so confident these days,” I said. “I was just quoting the lyrics,” he said. “Pretty sure the lyrics were describing your Miss Right, not about you,” I laughed. “Ah, got caught,” he said with a fake shameful face. He was preparing to record for Problematic Men. Right after, they had Idols of Asia broadcast which was partially in Mandarin and Korean. I helped the boys prepare and practice some simple Chinese words and phrases.

The next week was busy for us as we were busy with coordination of stage outfit, makeup, layout and rehearsal for their Live Trilogy. The boys were busy with their group practice, individual practice and Rapmon was also filming for Problematic Men.

The concerts were a huge success and the boys were overwhelmed by the love and support received from the crowd. They all saw that as their motivation and their reward for the blood, tears and sweat that they shed. April, Rapmon was busy filming for Problematic Men and the boys were busy preparing for their comeback. It was my first time to see the process of preparing for their comeback. From developing the album concept, MV plot, choreographing the dance, coordinating their outfit, album cover shoot, filming for the MV and all the other things that you do not see on the stage, it was such a strenuous process. They remain energetic, smiling and thankful to each and every staff. For a music video, we filmed through days and night just for that few minutes. It is true that behind ten minutes on the stage is the ten years of hard work. Seeing their album release, their comeback showcase and their comeback stages made me feel so proud of them. They deserve all the love and the world, they run tirelessly towards their dream, they work hard each day, to perfect each move, to synchronise their move, to master the song, to catch the perfect pitch, in order to present a flawless performance.

When they won the first place for I Need U, I cried. It is because I knew how hard they worked, how they just want to show the best performances to their fans, how they pursued after their dreams even though there are people who discouraged them, people who told them they would not succeed, people who criticised them, it was not a smooth path for them. Seeing them win on the show was a small consolation for them, it was the beginning of the recognition that they received for their hard work. After they came back to the fitting room, with the cameras off, they all cried. I hugged every one of them, patted them on the back and congratulated them. They hugged all the staff members who worked with them through thick and thin and supported them silently from the back.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Thank you to the new subscribers :) 
Hope everyone had a good Easter break~~ xx