Breaking the news

Dazzling Dreams

Next day, the boys noticed that I was quiet and the atmosphere between me and Jin was different. They looked at my curiously, worried but did not utter a word to me, for fear that it will make things worse. After the awards, we were heading back to the hotel and V pulled me aside when we were heading up.

V: “What’s wrong Riri, you have been down all day and didn’t say a word?”
Jimin: “Yeah, did something happen you and Jin when you guys went out last night?”
Jungkook: “Did Jin hyung eat all your food?”
Jhope and Suga: “Ya!”
Rapmon: “Let her talk guys, you keep asking her questions.”
Jin: “Yeah, it’s better for her to tell you guys.”
Me: “I am going back to New York next month…”
Suga: “What? For how long?”
V: “What do you mean by going back, are you not coming back?”
Jimin: “Why? Did you get sacked by the company?”
Jungkook: “Noona, when are you flying?”
Rapmon: “Stop cutting her off and let her explain!”
Me: “I am planning to go back China to visit my grandparents before flying back to New York. I will be off for a month or longer. I haven’t decided if I wanted to stay in Korea yet. Since my exchanged have finished the end of this month and BigHit have offered me a place here. I just need time to consider and then make my decision…”
V: “Can’t you just stay? Don’t you love me enough to do that?”
Me: “Haha, love is a strong word. I do like you taehyung-ah. I just need to think about it.”
Suga: “Ya, don’t force her to make a decision. Let her take her time. It affects her future career. She is better off in New York though. All this time she was just travelling and working with us. She doesn’t get to grow herself much here, stuck with us.”
Jhope: “But, we have such good time together, I will miss you Rian”
Me: “Well I won’t be gone for long, I will keep in touch with you all while I am away and let you know the minute I decide, okay?”
Jungkook: “Promise?”
Me: “Yes, I promise. Now can we go back to sleep? You all have a press conference tomorrow; I don’t want to see you all looking like Pandas.”

After explaining my situation to the boys, I was relieved and tried to be my usual self. Jhope, Jimin and V tried hard with making the mood fun and light while I chattered more than before. We flew to China and to Korea and then to China again for the Spring Festival Gala. We were too busy to think about my leave.