Café, coffee and cakes

Dazzling Dreams

“Rian-ah, I know you are entranced by my beauty but the rate you are staring at me, it might wear a hole in my face,” he smiled. Unaware of the fact that I had been staring, my face flushed red as I felt the blood rushing to my face as I frantically looked outside the window. Tiny snowflakes were falling softly, gliding through the gentle winter wind. No matter how many times I have seen snow, I have never failed to be amazed by its beauty. Soft, gentle and pure as it dances and twirls from above.

“Rian, what do you want to drink? I will get tiramisu and green tea cake roll. They are surprisingly delicious here.” Jin asked softly as though he was sorry to interrupt my moment.
“Ah sorry, I was in a dazed. Hot chocolate will do and I will share the cakes with you,” I smiled. We sipped our drink in silent as we admired the snow fall. I felt like I needed to inform the boys that I will be going back to New York for a month or forever.

“Jin, I have something to tell you. Actually, I am going back to New York next month. I will be in China to visit my grandparents and then I will be heading to New York.”
Jin stared at me blankly. He looked into my eyes, searching for the truth behind and he held his gaze for a while before asking, “What do you mean? Are you going back for good? Are you not coming back to Korea?”
“I am not sure yet. BigHit has offered me a year contract since my exchange finishes the end of this month…”
“Did you tell others yet?”
“No, you are the first one that I told. I just received the call earlier.”
“So you planned to leave from the start? You were never going to stay for long?”
“I came here for an exchange; I didn’t know if I will like it here or not.”
“So do you like it? Here? In Korea? With us? With me?”
“Yes I do like it here.”
“Then stay.”

His words lingered in my mind for the rest of the night. We walked in silent, side by side, both of us deep in thoughts. He did not mention about walking me home but he did it anyway. He took out the scarf from his backpack and wrapped it around my neck. I realised he never used the scarf, he just takes it out for me to use. “Keep it,” he said when I wanted to give it back to him. “Goodnight, I will see you tomorrow,” he smiled but his eyes did not twinkle like usual, it was a sad smile. I stepped closer to him and hugged him. He hugged me back and held on me for a moment. “Goodnight, Seokjin.”