Woes and Worries

Dazzling Dreams

“Rian-ah? Rian?” V waved at me, trying to get my attention. “Ah? Yes? What’s wrong, tae?” I asked, snapping out of my world of thoughts. “That’s what I want to ask! The ride stopped we are supposed to get down but you are just sitting there blankly…” He looked at me with his head tilted slightly with his eyebrows raised. “Oh, right, let’s get off,” embarrassed that I was caught daydreaming, I hopped off the horse almost too quickly. The sudden shift of my whole body weight leaned towards one side and I almost tripped from getting off a horse. Talk about embarrassing. V saw my mini episode and could not help but chuckle. “Don’t laugh at me, you are supposed to help me,” as I hit his arm.

While I was in my daze, the skies have changed their coat. The sun has returned home and the skies were dyed crimson, stained with deep ruby clouds as the skies continue to slowly shift to a deep Tuscan red. The park was lit by the lamp posts on the sides and fairy light draped around the trees. It looked breathtakingly beautiful. Without noticing, I had my phone out and I was capturing the transformation of the nature and the scenery that it presents. “Let’s take a photo of us too!” V pulled me to his side as he dropped his arm around my shoulders, as we smiled under the veranda’s fairy lights for the photo. V has his signature rectangular smile on, his eyes wide and twinkling, he looks adorable like a puppy.

We watched the night parade and fireworks before heading for dinner. V suggested that we go for some hamburgers which I did not argue since I know hamburger is becoming one of his staple food ever since he tasted it. Seeing his happy face makes me feel happy too. We were eating our hamburgers at a quiet park, sipping on our cold coke and enjoying the night breeze. V tends to be distracted when he eats but I was surprise to sit still and savour his food. “Rian-ah, I am so happy today, to be out with you, having fun and eating food together,” he said sheepishly while chewing. “Me too, I had a great time, thanks for inviting me out,” I smiled genuinely, know how rare it is to be out here for him, without attracting unwanted attention and for me to have a decent day break.

“It was so hard for me at one point, I was thinking why am I being judged for small little things? Why do they pick on me all the time?” he confessed. “Taehyung-ah, I know, I can tell that your smile sometimes hides your pain and frustration, especially during that time when you guys won…” I trailed off. “But I guess another way of looking at it is that people are paying attention to you, that is why they made comments. Although it is not pleasant, I guess that’s when you know who your true fans are,” I added. “Yeah, I think so too. Though back then it was hard to cope with all those negative comments,” he gave me a sad smile.

“Taehyung-ah, next time when you are facing any difficulties or need a listening ear, let noona know and I will be there, okay?” I gave him a cheeky wink and hand gestured a gun to point at him. “Okay but you are not my noona, you are my friend,” he said laughing. We started to talk about our dream holiday, our family and our goals for the year. Contrast to his playful personality, he also has times when he is unsure of himself, he has moments of reflection and he is a sensitive person. He cares about what his fans think of him.

“Oh that’s right, there’s something I want to give to you,” as I wiped my hands with wet tissues and handed him a piece. “What is it?” he asked. “Close your eyes until I tell you to open!” I exclaimed. “Okay, open your eyes now,” I said as I held onto the brown rilakkuma doll. “Woah! When did you…? You got this when you said you wanted to go to the toilet right? I was wondering why it took you so long! Thank you Rian ah!” he said as he hugged the doll and grinned brightly. “Yeah, I thought I should give you a gift too, since you gave me something from before. Although it is not a big doll, I thought it might take up lesser space in your room, knowing how packed your room already is,” I reasoned. “No, I like it! It’s a cute size!”

V was telling me a funny story about how they were all on a diet and Suga was allowed a special meal since he had a surgery and Rapmon stole a few bites while denying. V talks so animatedly that even a plain story can be made interesting. “Taehyung-ah, I wish you will not care too much of what others think of you, you are cute as you are, no matter what you do. So just be yourself, okay?” I said suddenly, thinking about his past controversies that were blown out of proportion. “I know I am cute and thank Rian-ah, thank you for telling me that,” he smiled, showing his white teeth and eye smile. While we were talking, we reached the doorsteps of my house. “Thank you for walking me home and for bringing me to the amusement park, I really had a great time, Taehyung-ah,” I looked into his eyes, smiling to see that he was also smiling. “I had lots of fun too, let’s meet up more often outside!” Nodding, I slotted my arms between gaps of his arm and his torso, wrapping my arms around his back, hugging him, holding onto him a little long to know that he was warm and smelled like vanilla. Am I a dog? Why am I smelling people? Freaked out at my dog nose, I pulled back and waved him a goodbye before hurrying back home.

 

 

 

A/N: Thank you for the wonderful comments! :)
[For every 2 comments, I will post the next chapter. Otherwise it will be updated weekly]