Food Party

Dazzling Dreams

We played different games late into night before having our dinner. We decided to go out to eat because the boys wanted fresh air. It is a miracle how we did not get caught by fans or paparazzi when there’s a huge group of eleven of us. We divided ourselves into groups of three and four, going into the reserved room one group at a time to not raise any suspicion or attention. The boys wanted to eat barbeque meat. While I am not a meat person, I ordered kimchi jigae and budae jigae. I never thought it will be too much food for me because I know Jimin will probably ask me for the kimchi jigae. While they grilled their meat, I ordered some Korean pancakes to eat as a side dish.

My dishes were being robbed the minute it arrived. V want some pancakes, Jimin wants some of my kimchi jigae, Jin want some of my budae jigae because the cheese on top of it looked so good. In the end, I had to order more budae jigae because everyone wanted a bite. The boys ate 16 servings of meat that day, 7 bowls of budae jigae and 8 pancakes, along with a bowl of rice for each of them. Sometimes, I think they eat ridiculously huge amount of food. But then, they do burn more calories than normal people with their hectic schedule. Mark, as he usually has a small appetite, I was surprised that he was eating his rice and noodles properly.

By the time we finished our meals, GOT7’s manager called Mark and asked them to head back home as he will be picking them up. “Do you want a ride? I can ask my manager to drop you first,” Mark said after he hanged up his phone. “It’s okay, I can take the bus home,” I replied, feeling bad that the manager has to transport me around. “Where do you live?” Jackson asked. “XXX,” I said. “That’s not too far from our dorm, it’s only 10 minutes away, don’t worry, we will give you a ride, it’s late already,” Mark said. “Or we can drop you home,” Rapmon added. I am so blessed to have friends that care about me and want to take me home. “Really? If it’s okay, I will go with you three,” I smiled, looking at Mark, Jackson and Yugyeom.

Rapmon do not seem particularly happy about the fact that he is not the one dropping me off and V was sulking when I left. They have become over-protective like my brother if I had one. As a single child, I always learn to do things on my own and became independent quickly at a young age. I preferred to look after myself and defend myself. Never have I thought that I could be protected like an uncooked egg.

While in the car, I asked Mark how he overcame the cultural barriers and language barriers because I still struggled with the whole hierarchy system, especially the age hierarchy system in place. He shared his stories during his trainee days, how he had to learn Korean and follow Korean etiquette and Jackson also chimed in about how it is hard to communicate with other trainees and how he was often misunderstood for being rude and disrespectful because he treated everyone in a friendly and casual manner. I empathised with their stories because that is how I felt too. It feels so foreign and distant to be in Korea at the star because things were different. The culture, the language, the food and the society values and norm. I realised that Jackson was a much different person than I thought him to be. He is a genuine and sensitive soul who has his quiet side too.

“Thank you manager-nim for dropping me off!” I said, bowing slightly to show my respect for him. “No problem,” he replied with his Korean-accent English. I waved to the Got7 boys and told Mark that I will keep in contact through text. It is nice to have another old friend here in Korea.

“Rhiannoooooooon!” Bona squeaked when she saw me stepping into the living room. “I have not seen you for so long!” She whined as she bear hugged me. “Sorry, I was busy with work and…” I did not manage to finish my sentence as my phone started to vibrate in my pocket. It was texts from Mark, Rapmon and Jin. Bona saw and snatched the phone away from me.

“Oh, who are all these boys that are texting you at night huh?” She raised her eyebrows while waving the phone in front of my face. “I will explain to you Bona-ah, can I have my phone back?” I pleaded nicely. “Not until you start hanging out with me more and fill me in on your love stories!” she crossed her arms with a frown on her face. Seeing her like that made me feel bad, I have been such a bad friend to her. I should hang out with my best friends more.

“I am sorry Bona, forgive me please, you are still my best friend, can we talk it through?” I put on my dramatic tone and swinged her arms back and forth, with the cutest face that I can put on. By cutest, I mean blinking my eyes rapidly like I have dust attacking my eyes and pouting my lips which probably looked like squashed tomato. Bona tried to maintain her serious straight face but that did not last long because I suddenly had the urge to release my gas.

“Puuuuuuuuuuuuut!” my fart came out of nowhere, it was loud and clear. “Oh my gosh, doesn’t it smell like cheese?” I blurted out. “Oh my gosh, that’s disgusting!” Bona shrieked before bursting into fits of laughter. “Do you remember the time when you farted in front of your crush after dinner…” Bona giggled. We spent the night talking about my embarrassing fart incidents and about my friendship with Bangtan and now Got7’s Mark. She was surprised to hear about Mark because he was my best friend when I was in LA and Bona never got over how I made new friends quickly without her. And that is how I maintained my relationship with Bona, with a fart and a laugh.

“Bona, do you believe in love at first sight?” I asked, with my eyes closed with my face facing the ceiling. “Yes, I do. But why did you suddenly ask?” Bona replied. “I just thought of it…” I trailed.

For me, I do think that love at first sight exists but I think for a love to blossom and grow, it takes time and effort. Love does not happen within a second. It is an accumulation of emotions, thoughts and actions. It is love when you accept another’s flaws and strengths. It is love when you support one another through difficult and smooth times. Love is unconditional. Regardless of age, size, ethnic background and gender. Love is not limited to romance. It is universal, it is embracing, it is caring, it is warm and bright. How will you define love?

 

 

 

A/N: Let’s have a discussion.
Do you believe in love at first sight? If so, why? Did it ever happen to you?