Basketball

Dazzling Dreams

“Min Yoongi, Min Yoongi, Min Yoongi, hwaiting!” “Wa!! Oppa 멋있어요 (handsome or cool),” as I started to fangirl. Is this what their fans do? Screaming hysterically like a woman crazy for free stuff? Without a doubt, Suga’s team won by a huge margin and Jimin and Jungkook merely dribbled a few times and Suga scored all the goals. Rapmon was fairly clumsy with the ball, V acts silly with the ball as he stuffed the ball under his hoodie and attempted to trick them. Although acts flamboyantly, he shoots well too. Jin is good at defending but he did not get to score.

“Suga oppa jang!” as I handed him so napkins because I did not have towel with me. Who knew they will end up at basketball court? “Ya, you were being so noisy.” V shouted at me. I stuck my tongue out in response. “It is not fair that you only cheered for Yoongi hyung,” Jimin whined. “I am so hungry!” Jin complained. I gave Suga a bottle of water which was passed around all of them and it was finished within a minute. They must be thirsty and hungry.

“Okay, let’s go get some ramen first while waiting for the pizza to come!” I announced. Happy like a bunch of kids, they ran towards the convenience store. Jin, who was slow at cycling, was running at his full speed along with the young ones. Only Suga was lagging behind with me. “Oppa, how come you are so good at basketball?” I asked.

“What am I not good at?” He gave me a smirk.
“Being energetic all the time?” I .
“Ya, you don’t speak to oppa like that. Anyway, I used to play basketball when I was in school and when I was a trainee, I played every Sunday.”
“Woah, I never knew that. You are cool, oppa!”
“I am always cool,” as he raised both of his hands up, tilting his head to one side, with a cocky smile.

After everyone had a cup of ramen, they started to devoured down pizzas. Jimin, who was hesitant at first, due to his diet, did not want to eat any. However, I managed to convince him that it was perfectly fine to reward himself and he can have a cheat day. He thought for a few seconds before nodding and grabbing a piece of pizza. Seeing them eat happily and without restriction puts a smile on my face. Is this how a mother feels like?

“Noona, eat some more, before they finished it all,” Jungkook said with his mouth full of food. “I am fine, I am full already, you guys eat more, I will order some more if you guys want more.” “Ri Ri, I want some corn dog, can you get me one?” V asked as he chewed like a hamster. “I want one too!”  as Jin raised his arm quickly. “Anyone else who wants a corn dog?” I asked. In the end, I bought four corn dog, for V, Jin, Jungkook and Rapmon. This is how boys eat. Seven cups of ramen, five pizzas, four corn dogs and soft drinks to satisfy them. I think I made a mistake shouting them food. Sorry wallet.

“Thank you for the food, Rian,” V grinned as he patted his stomach. They all thanked me one by one. I also gave them the bottle of vitamin C tablets for them to eat which surprised Jimin, who now thinks that I owned a pharmacy or traditional medicine shop with the extracts. It was getting late and I started to shiver. “You should have brought a scarf, Rian,” Jin said as he wrapped his scarf around my neck. “Thanks,” I said while looking at him and I can feel my cheeks heating up as he was standing so closely to me. His eyes seem to sparkle and his gaze is warm. “Cough cough.” “Let’s bring Rhiannon home, it’s dark at night,” Rapmon said.

“Eh? You guys don’t have to! I can get home myself. Plus, it will look weird with seven guys escorting me home.”
“No buts, I am taking you home,” Rapmon insisted.
“No, that will attract attention.” I bickered.
“No, the rest of them can go home but I need to bring you home.” He argued back.
“No, I am fine, you really don’t need to,” I continued.
“Did you ever win this argument? I need to make sure you get home safe,” Rapmon said firmly.
“Ya, you two, stop fighting, I will come with you two,” Jin concluded.
“Wa, I want to take Ri Ri home too,” V chimed in.

“Two is a company, three is a crowd, having two escorts is good enough, I don’t need another one, V, go home with others,” I instructed.
“Fine,” V said with a pout.
“Goodnight Suga oppa, taehyungie, jiminie and kookie!” I said as I bid them goodbye with a wave.
“Let’s go!” Jin as he started to walk.