Han River

Dazzling Dreams

I packed some vitamin C tablets and ginseng extract for them, to provide an energy boost, lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels, reduce stress and promote relaxation. I put on my thick parka jacket and headed towards Han river. Since I was slightly early, I was sitting by the bench. Suddenly, pair of hands covered my eyes. “Guess who?” said a man in Korean. I recognised the voice immediately, it was Jimin. However, the hand does not match his. I touched the fingers and nail and I figured out that it was V. He has long slender fingers and big nails, no doubt it must be him. “The voice belongs to Jimin and the hand belongs to V,” I said proudly.

“Woah, noona, how do you know?” Jungkook asked when I turned around to see all seven of them. “It is easy; I have been working with you guys for awhile now so this is nothing!” I grinned.
“Ya, Taehyung, how can you just go behind a random person and cover their eyes, what if it was not me? You would have gotten in trouble,” I reprimanded him.
“Ya, who wouldn’t recognise you when you have that pink backpack with star studs?” V reasoned.
“True, alright let’s go get the bikes! I am surprised that Suga is here,” as I stared at Suga.
“Hobi hyung had to drag him out of the bed, he has been sleeping so much for the past few days, we thought he was dead,” Jimin commented.
“Oh before that, here, drink up before we start cycling,” as I handed them the ginseng extract.
“Ugh, this? I don’t like the taste of it.” V wrinkled his nose.
“Just man up and drink it. I have lemon candies in my bag and you can have it after,” as I opened his extract for him.

I made sure that all of them drank it to the very last drip and handed them their lemon candies. “Good boys, noona will buy you all food after cycling!” as I patted Jungkook’s head. They were all dressed in black, with masks over their faces. It made me think of how hard it is for them, as idols, they cannot even enjoy their time freely and have to dress so darkly to avoid attention. With the exception of Jungkook who loves his black and white, it is a shame that others are not able to dress the colours they like, in fear of attracting attention.

“Woohoo, it feels so good!” Jimin yelled as he pedalled hard.
“It is so nice!” Jin smiled with his eyes closed as he cycled next to me.
“Hurry up, Ri Ri, you are so behind,” V waved at me at the front.
“It’s okay, go ahead without me!” I yelled back.

They were all speeding up, even the motionless Suga was going fast. I was enjoying the night view of the Han river with Seoul city as the backdrop. It felt serene. I breathed in the cold air which smelled like a mixture of river and wood smell. I was cycling slowly before coming to a stop as I took a photo of the view. “It looks nice, doesn’t it?” I turned around the voice and saw Jin had also parked his bike on the side. “Yes it is, I still can’t get over Seoul’s beauty.” I said softly. We both stood there for a few minutes in silent, just taking in the view and appreciating the peace.

“Hello? Okay, got it. We will be there,” Jin said when he picked up his phone. “They said they are going to play basketball. Namjoon called you but you didn’t pick up.” “Oh, my phone must be on silent, it is a habit,” as I pursed my lips. “It’s okay, let’s go!”

They split themselves into two teams, Suga, Jimin and Jungkook in one team, Rapmon, Jin, J-hope and V in another team. Although Suga’s team had one less player, it did not seem disadvantageous at all. In fact, Suga was impressive at basketball even though he looked small as a basketball player. Unconsciously, I was cheering for Suga as he shoots coolly in the hoops effortlessly.