Chapter 1: Korea

Dazzling Dreams

"The exchange will be an interesting, challenging and unique experience as you guys will be dispatched into different area of fashion industry. You can choose to either rotate around different positions or to stay in the assigned position. The exchange will last for 3 months and all of your accommodation and travel will be covered for. However, with that said, it is also possible that the company you intern at may offer you a longer period of internship, depending on your performance. Thus, remember to work and learn to the best of your ability! Have fun and enjoy!" Alexander, my mentor and boss exclaimed. 

I could not wipe that smile off your face as I imagined working at Seoul Fashion Week or with make-up artist like Jung Saem Mool, Pony or with fashion designers in Korea like Suecomma Bonnie and J Koo. All I could think of is the wonderful time that I will have to be able to work with highly regarded fashion designers and make-up artist. There was much hype about the people involved in the collaboration project as it was rumoured that Pony and So Young will be participating as mentors. 

With 2 luggages, one filled with clothes and your daily necessities and another filled with your make-up kit and fashion related books, I board on the plane to Korea. Since I will only be informed about which company I will be assigned to on the day you arrive, I could hardly contain your excitement as I was thrilled about the mysterious intern position. There were three types of position available: Dazed Korea Magazine, which was the most popular among the interns, next up are the hair salons- JUNO Hair and Jenny House and lastly, the make-up studios which was a mystery.

"Welcome to Korea! “the representative welcomed you and fellow interns warmly. I could hear the hint of Korean accent mixed in his English and the fact that he stumbles with some of the words as he spoke in English. All the interns were guided and escorted to a hotel where we will be staying.

I peered through the car's window and you saw the night scenery decorated with many scattered tiny lights from the tall buildings, gliding lights from bustling of cars and the beautiful colourful skyline as the backdrop. I marveled at such a view, yes, you have seen the New York's night scenery which was spectacular in its own sense but this was different. Korea made me feel deeply. Being in New York made me cherish every moment of basking in warm sunlight. When I was told that how Korea have dry winter, I could not be happier.

I enjoyed the sunshine and clear skies more than the wet winter that New York often provided. I felt surreal. I watched intently as you observed how the sky changes it colour. I saw how the sky slowly changes its light blue skin into a light crimson orange colour and gradually dims into a navy black. It excites me, it quickens my heartbeat and makes me feel like I am in a dreamland. If I was not a stylist or make-up artist, I could probably become a photographer which is not too far-fetched because I love capturing the beauty of different scenery. 

Bo Na gave me a nudge and asked, "Hey tourist, are you done with taking photos? How about taking some photo of me instead? Those night scenery photos looks similar to those of New York's anyway." Frowning, I shook my head and said, "Bo Na, you will never understand, New York have a different feel to it than Seoul!" I was about to throw in more comment when the driver announced that we have reached our destination. The interns were guided briefly around the hotel after the representative informed that dinner will be provided at the restaurant and the announcement of internship placement will be made. 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Please message me if you have any comments about my story. I will try to update the chapters daily if there are readers who want to know what happens next! Thank you for reading :)