Happy new year!

Dazzling Dreams

The start of the year marks a new beginning. Without rest, BTS continued their busy schedule. With the month filled with Korea’s broadcasts and China’s concert and performance stages. They had no time to rest or spend their holidays with their family. They were constantly on the run to the next stage, next schedule, next flight. Any time off work was dedicated to dance practices, vocal practices and studio recording.

In between their schedule, they had five days of rest or own practice time. All of them went back to visit their parents and family. As for me, I travelled with Bona to Jeju Island for a change of pace and environment. Jeju Island was much warmer than Seoul and the sunshine cheered me up with its energy. Since Jeju Island is Bona’s hometown, we got to stay with her grandparents. They reminded me of my grandparents in China and I have not visited them in years. I should probably go visit them before or during Chinese New Year. The most attractive part of Jeju is its sea.

“A dreamy sea has a rhythmic pulse to it unmatched by any other part of nature. It forges its own sounds and kindles its own symphony.”

Jeju sea sparked with its turquoise swirls, during the day, it is translucent, exhibiting its beauty of its sea creatures as they roam about freely. At night, the murmuring of the waves was hypnotic as the land is silent, as though admiring the music that the sea makes. People lives here is calm, peaceful and slow. You found yourself observing the life here; female divers at work despite the harsh winter condition at sea, fisherman harvesting fish, abalone and other seafood; kids playing by the beach and the tourist group that travel like ducklings following their mother duck.

On the last day of our break, we headed back to Seoul. Shortly after my dinner, I received a call from BigHit and from the exchange organiser. BigHit is satisfied with my skills and abilities and will like to extend their contract with me. The exchange organiser explained that the decision is up to me as I will no longer be an exchange participant and I should discuss with my employer back in New York.

Likewise, Bona enjoyed her exchange in Korea and will like to continue working in Mamonde for another year. Considering the fact that I have adjusted to the life of Korea, I wondered if I wanted to go back to New York? I called my parents back in New York about this piece of news and they were open to the fact that I might choose to stay in Korea. “Honey, how about you come back for a week or two, take your time to think about it?” my mum advised. “Yeah, I will have to speak with my boss formally too. I am going to visit grandma and grandpa in China before I fly back too,” I said. “That will be great, your grandparents miss you a lot. They will be happy to have you there before the Chinese New Year. Let me know the dates when its confirmed. Take care my darling. I love you,” my mum gave me a kiss over the phone before saying goodbye. After listening to her warm voice and Dad’s deep, stern voice, made me miss them more. I called BigHit and advised them that I will like to take a month off to consider and they agreed without a fuss.

“Rian-ah, are you free?” Jin texted me.
“Hmm? Yes I am, what’s up?” I replied.
“Do you want to come to the café? I am craving for some Latte and cake.”
“Okay sure, hot drink on a cold day sounds good.”
“See you at 9.30pm.”

I wondered what I should wear? It is cold out there, so I will wear my thick padded jacket. In the café it will be warm, so I can wear a pretty knitwear. Wait, why am I even thinking about dressing up? It is just Jin. He probably just wanted a buddy to share the food with. Even though I said that, I braided the top half of my hair into fish plait while the rest flows down straight. I put on some light makeup, blush is not need because I blush naturally when I am cold. I picked a baby pink knitwear with lace corners and put on my brown heeled boots.

I arrived early and decided to pick a spot away from the window, a spot that is tucked in a corner and covered by the bookshelf. This will help to cover up that there is an idol in the café. The café was quiet and there were barely any customers around. There was only the barista and two business man sipping their coffee when I came in. The café though not a famous one, itself is warm and cozy and it has a calming feel. The lights were of an orange glow, different from the fluorescent white that most famous café has. It is almost a perfect private romantic date. Date? What date? It is just a place to drink coffee.

I was reading the magazine when I heard footsteps approaching. “Rian.” I looked up and I saw Jin. He was in his usual all black outfit, his jacket zipped all the way up to his mouth and his mask covered his eyes. “What are you doing, come here, let’s sit at the front instead,” he motioned me to get up. “What? At the front? Are you sure? I mean…” He did not let me finish my sentence as he pulled both my hands up, making me stand and grabbed my wrist as he pulled me towards the window seats at the front. “Jin, we are very noticeable here…” I looked at him nervously. He peeled off his jacket and his mask off as he sat down. “Don’t worry, this café is not popular. I chose it because the café is hard to find and it is mostly middle aged or business people who come by. No one will know who I am.” He explained and I sigh of relief.

Even with no makeup, his face is flawless. His moustache is showing a little and his eyes are shining more so under the dim lights. He was wearing his pink hoodie with a tiny hamburger logo on the right. He looks feminine with the pink yet manly with his broad shoulders that shows through even with the baggie hoodie. How on earth does he manage to look like this?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Posted this in time for Chinese New Year :)
Happy Chinese New Year! May the year of Rooster bring good health and energy to everyone~