Exploring Korea - Daejeon

Dazzling Dreams

With the three days in hand, Bona suggested we head to Daejeon for hot springs and to Daejeon O world for our first day. Second day in Daejeon, we visited the Museum of Art, Expo Park and Jungang Market. Third day, Yurim Park and Eunhaegdong. After shopping in downtown, Bona cannot stop talking about the bread in Daejeon and so she dragged me to Twi-Kim Soporo for some golden-fried bread full with red bean paste.

In the bread shop, there were so many variety of cakes, breads and tarts that I was tempted to pick each and every one of it on my plate. As I was picking my second golden-fried bread, another pair of thongs reached for the same piece. “Oh!” I said in a surprised tone as I looked up to the person who had eyes on my bread and it was the last one. He had a pink cap on and was fairly tall as he had to bend down to pick the bread. Since I already had one on the tray and can share with Bona, I politely let the man have the bread as I gestured to him silently before moving to the cashier. “Thank you!” I assumed the man in pink had thanked me in Korean. I turned around to give a small smile and a nod. “Woah, how many have you got Ri On-ah?” Bona exclaimed as she looked at my tray full of bread and cakes. I simply smiled and told her that it is just enough for me!

“Ah hyung, hurry up! We have to go now,” a man behind me said. As we finished paying, we were both walking out and I saw the man in pink holding a tray full of bread and cakes, especially those berries tarts and strawberry cakes caught my eyes. It should not be a surprise that a guy wearing a pink cap likes dainty fruit cakes right? But it still caught me off guard and I could not help but giggle when I saw him holding it. Hearing my giggles, the man looked up and our eyes met. Before, I did not get a glimpse of his eyes because of the cap casting a shadow on his face. Now, I can see his eyes clearly, he had such big, puppy-like eyes. I was about to fall deep into his eyes when Bona pulled me along. We were walking back towards our hotel and Bona asked, “What was that about? Why were you giggling and then staring at the guy?” “I was just laughing at his food choices and then he looked at me and then I looked at him.” Bona started rambling off saying how he did not look like a normal person and he was giving off an extraordinary aura. Shaking my head, I told her to stop overanalysing things and to head back to start eating our delicious bread!