Chapter 8

Love Letters [part 2] (Sequel to Love and Life [part 1])

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
sorry about not posting for the last couple days.
been busy lately with other things.
so enjoy a long chapter to make up for it hehe

Also a 'fan' of mine emailed me and asked me if i could write a story about WangXun with a request I couldn't say no so I've agreed!
Check it out too!
it's called 'Pretending' by DriftingMoon

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The moon has passed by and the sun had rise, but the drama and tears of last night are still residing.

The two boys are up early in the morning. Sitting at a dinner table with nothing to say. This awkward silence has never lived between them before.

Ya Lun looked at his little brother and tried to clear things up, "ey Xiao Yu, what are you doing later?"

Xiao Yu basically ignored him.

"Are you really going to that school?"

Still he refused to answer.

Ya Lun sighs and takes a drink of his juice.

"Ya Lun," Xiao Yu says lightly.

He looks at his little brother, he knew the question was going to come up.

Xiao Yu looked at him, "Hebe gave me a job."

Ya Lun was confused, "a job? As in laboring for money?"

Xiao Yu shook his head, "on the day of her wedding, she said she had a job for me to do," he says lightly, "she told me to bring you back to the person you love."

Hearing those words, Ya Lun refused to say anymore, Xiao Yu realized what was going on. Whether Ya Lun wanted to protect his little brother's happiness or not... it was too late. Instead he was the one to break it.

"Xiao Yu--"

"I can't do it," Xiao Yu interrupts his brother.

Those words crash into Ya Lun's heart.

Xiao Yu looks at his brother, "I love you brother... I don't want a woman to come between us... but if the person you love is Gui Gui, I won't let her go so easily."

Ya Lun was devastated by his brother's words, "Xiao Yu--"

"You don't have to explain..." Xiao Yu says, "I won't let her go..."

There was a small silence.

"But..." Xiao Yu starts again, "you can't let her go too."

Ya Lun looked at Xiao Yu, confused, "what are you trying to tell me?"

Xiao Yu looked down, "if you love a person, you shouldn't stop your love rival, but instead do all means to win that person's heart." He looked back up at his brother with a small smile, "good luck."

Ya Lun wanted to cry to his brother. Indeed Xiao Yu has grown up into a mature and understanding person. They faintly smiled to each other. Just because they're brothers doesn't mean they can't be love rivals.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gui Gui, Xiao Xun, and Ya Tou, along with Ah Wei are walking to school.

"How can that happen?" Ya Tou asked, "such a big thing happens and I wasn't even there to witness it."

"Aiyo, Ya Tou, who would want to see such heart breaking things," Xiao Xun says still devastated along side Gui Gui who was carrying two big panda eyes. "Gui Gui, don't worry things will get better."

She was like a frozen doll. She didn't speak, she didn't move, it was as if she was a mindless soul.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They're sitting in class quietly, waiting for the teacher to come in. A group of girls barge into the classroom, estatic.

"oh my gosh!"

"handsome guy!"

the teacher walks in causing everyone to sit down at their seats. gui gui looks up, the guy beside the teacher was Xiao yu. everyone greets the teacher good morning.

she smiles, "this is a new student. he moved here from the US."

xiao yu smiles, "good morning! I'm Xiao Yu."

all the girls scream in excitement.

Ya Tou looks at Gui Gui and Xiao Xun, "ey he's quite cute--"

Ah Wei looked at her and clears his throat. she looks at him guiltily and smiles, "not as much as you."

the teacher tries to find him a seat, the only one empty was the one to the left of xiao xun. "Xiao Xun--"

she quickly stands up," yes teacher."

"Xiao Yu, feel free to sit in that seat."

xiao xun looked at the empty desk... wang zi's seat. she looked at the teacher quickly, "but--"

"is there a probelm?"

xiao xun pauses before she shakes her head, she then sits down slowly as xiao yu made his way to the desk.

he looks at her and smiles, "i didn't know you guys go to school with gui gui."

gui gui looked at him confused, "what are you doing here?"

he smiles, "i came to school."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yalun enters into his uncle's shop.

he saw him and quickly smiles, "yalun! how long have you been in taiwan already? you didn't even tell me."

"sorry uncle. things were happeningly quickly," he took a look around, "your store looks the same as it did before i left." he walked around, examining things.

his uncle slowly trails him, "of course. i don't have a lot of workers and don't plan on hiring. i only have xiao xun and gui gui--"

"they still work here?" yalun asks.

he nods with a smile, "ever since you left everything changes. wang zi left for england, do you know how sad the girls were? then they make friends with a girl name ya tou, she comes here often with her boyfriend to shop. everything is still the same in a way."

yalun faintly nods, "uncle, i don't mean to bother you."

"what is it?" his uncle asks, "if you came here personally there must be a reason."

he shakes his head lightly, "it's nothing just... do you think i can work here again?"

"work?" his uncle laughs, "yalun this is just a small clothing store, you still want to work at minimum wage?"

he chuckles, "i just want it to be like old times."

his uncle smiles and without hesitation he agrees.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

students leave school as the bell rings.

gui gui is walking ahead of xiao xun, ya tou and of course ah wei. she's talking to xiao yu.

"you should've told me you were coming here for school," gui gui said, "that way it wouldn't have been such a shock."

he laughs, "why? you don't want me to go to school with you?"

she stops walking and he faces her.

"what is it?" he asks, "you really don't want me to go to school with you?"

gui gui looks at him, sorrow in her eyes, "sorry." she says lightly, "i should've told you the truth--"

"it's ok," xiao yu says, "i should've known by the way you guys were behaving. besides, yalun's not that type of guy, he wouldn't tell me things even if i ask." he looks at gui gui and his smile slowly disappear, "but he's waited for a long time... you do know that right?"

gui gui begins to look down, a part of her refused to hear yet at the same time she wanted to know.

"while we were in the US i don't think i've seen him with any other girl besides hebe and selina." xiao yu thought about it again, "and our mom."

gui gui looks at him, her face changes into a smile as she laughs, "you still tell jokes at a time like this?" she holds out her fist getting ready to attack him but he runs off, "don't run!" she says chasing after him.

ya tou smiles, "see i knew they were on good terms."

ah wei was confused, "but i thought their expressions were weird." he said, "now she wants to kill him."

xiao xun sighs, "forget it." she says, "i have to go to work. I'll see you two later." she then left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yalun's mom 'mrs yan' is with selina at a coffee shop. they're sitting at the tables that are set outside the shop.

"cancel the wedding?"

selina looks at her sincerely, "sorry auntie. I didn't mean to trouble you... it's just--"

"is it cause you worry about yalun," she questions. "don't worry. don't even bother thinking about him. the wedding will conti--"

"no auntie," selina stayed persistant, "i want to take a chance..." she says, "i know if i continue on with this wedding... whether he wants to or not he'll be mine. but," she pauses and wore a small smile infront of yalun's mom, "but i really want to try it... see if i can make him fall in love with me..."

she sighs, "selina."

"it's ok," she says, "i want to try it."

"don't run!"

they saw xiao yu and gui gui.

she quickly stands up, "xiao yu!"

he stops as he sees his mom, gui gui accidentally bumps into him, until... she saw auntie. she tries to hide, but it was too late.

they're sitting at the table with them now.

xiao yu clears his throat lightly, "mom, this is gui gui, remember when we were still in taiwan, she was one of my classmates--"

"i remember," she says without a single tone of passion, "how can i forget a girl who's always chasing after my xiao yu."

gui gui clenches onto her bag which was on her lap. she looks down, trying not to show her ashamed face.

selina looks at gui gui and then back at xiao yu with a big smile, "ey xiao yu, is this your girlfriend? she's so cute!" she holds out her hand towards gui gui, "hello. I'm selina nice to meet you."

gui gui slowly shakes her hand. remembering selina was yalun's girlfriend... "hi," she says awkwardly.

"how's your mom?" mrs. yan asks suddenly out of the blues.

gui gui looks at her lightly, "she's well."

"well that's great," she says talking a sip of her coffee, "i mean, after your father's death she must've been devastated."

gui gui remains silent.

xiao yu sighs, "mom you shouldn't say that--"

"it's getting late," gui gui says standing up, "i have to go to work..." she bids her farewell and leaves.

selina watches as gui gui walks away she looks at mrs yan, "her father died?"

mrs yan nods, "yes but it was a couple years ago."

selina continues to look at gui gui as she walks away, "how pitiful, she's still so young."

xiao yu sighs and looks at his mom differently, "you didn't have to bring that up mom." his tone was harsh, "you know she still lives with the burden that she might've been the reason why her father--"

"forget it then," his mom says looking at him, "you just came back from school. how was it?"

xiao yu refuses to answer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

gui gui's walking to work, her expression is saddened by the question earlier.

~11 years ago...

"dad!" she cries as they laid in the turned car. it was heavily damaged. gui gui was crying as she laid there on shattered glass. she reaches out her hand to touch him, but he was too far.

in the hospital her mom is holding her tightly. the emergency room light turn off, the doctor comes out and looks at them. he doesn't say a word, a slight shake of the head was enough to tell them the painful result.

a body covered with a white cloth comes out of the room. gui gui quickly cries, "dad!"~

she shook her head several times refusing to accept it, but it's been 11 years no matter what she already has accept it.

she enters into the shop and bumps into someone. she looks at the person and sighs, "aiyo xiao xun what are you doing blocking the way?" she tries to push her out of the way.

xiao xun chuckels nervously, "gui gui, let's leave this job ok?"

gui gui looked at her confused, "why would we do that?"

xiao xun's nervous chuckles go away.

gui gui hears a group of girls in the store. she moves xiao xun and sees a herd of them. she was shocked, "wow, don't tell me the latest fashion has been displayed in this store?"

the uncle walks up to her, "not just the latest fashion." he says pushing gui gui and xiao xun towards the crowd, "but also the lastest manequin." he pushes them to the front of the crowd, "tada!"

gui gui saw him and he saw her. he quickly covered up.

gui gui and xiao xun quickly turn around.

ya lun was in a basic t-shirt and boxer.

his uncle laughs, "he's displaying the new underwear for men..." he scratches his head in confusion, "i don't know why we've only had girl customers though..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~