Chapter 15

Love Letters [part 2] (Sequel to Love and Life [part 1])

 

Gui Gui is sleeping on the hospital bed as a hand touches her face. She awakes and looks up to see Xiao Yu, she quickly sits up and looks at him, "Xiao Yu! Are you ok?!"

He was smiling as he sat beside her, he lightly nods, "don't worry about me... you should worry about yourself."

She looked at him, "but I'm more worried about you. Are you ok?! You had a bulletwound!"

He shook his head, "it doesn't hurt," he told her, "remember you must take care of yourself more ok?"

She nods, "but, I wasn't wounded at all--"

"You are," he says, "your heart is wounded." He forces a smile, "my brother loves you... you must love my brother ok."

"Xiao Yu what are you saying--"

"It's late," he told her, "get some sleep and wake up bright and early, Ge will be beside you now." He got up and walked out of the room.

Gui Gui refused, "Xiao Yu!"

She awoke from her dream screaming his name. she took a look around and realizes she's at the hospital.

Her mom, who was sleeping next to her awoke, "Gui Gui!" She cries, "are you ok?!"

Gui Gui nods, "mom, why am I here?"

"You don't remember? You were kidnapped."

"But I'm not wounded--"

"You're dehydrated," Xiao Xun says from the doorway walking in. She sits next to Gui Gui as well her eyes red.

"Xiao Xun!" Gui Gui says worriedly, "how's everything? What happened to those three men?"

"They were prisoned." Her mom told her, "luckily you're ok."

Gui Gui then freaked out, "what about Xiao Yu?!"

Their expression changes.

~~~~~~~~~

Ya Lun who is bandaged is waiting outside a room.

Gui Gui is walking with Xiao Xun towards him.

He sees her and quickly stands up, "Gui Gui, what are you doing out of bed?"

She didn't look at him, because she blamed herself he was in that condition.

Xiao Xun just sighs and looks at Ya Lun, "how's his condition now?"

Ya Lun faintly turns away.

His parents comes out of the room in tears causing everyone to look at them.

Gui Gui looks at them and they make eye contact.

Mrs. Yan walks up to her and slaps her.

Ya Lun blocks her, "ma!"

"How dare you protect her!" she exclaims as her husband holds her back, "it's because of her that your brother is in this condition!"

Tears fall out of Gui Gui's eyes.

"How dare you show yourself infront of us!" She continues in tears, "if anything happens to him what are you going to do?! Can you bring him back to life?!" In a state of rage she quickly walks away.

Gui Gui slowly cries.

Mr. Yan looks at her and sighs, "I dont' blame you," he said, "but when it comes to my sons' lives, I want to take part in their decision... whether you're the girl in their lives in the past, in the future, or right now, it's best if you leave them." He looks at Ya Lun, "we have a meeting so we'll leave first. Accompany your brother." he then left.

Xiao Xun comforts Gui Gui.

Ya Lun looks at her lightly and sighs, "forget about what my parent's said... they don't know anything."

Gui Gui just walked past him and looked at Xiao Yu through the window.

He was lying on the hospital bed, his life is hanging on a monitor. Seeing him in this state brought her to tears. She fell onto her knees and cried.

Xiao Xun rushes beside her and comforts her.

Ya Lun on the other hand didn't know what to do.

~~~~~~~~

Gui Gui is sitting next to Xiao Yu as he lays on the bed. She slowly reaches out of his hand and holds it, tears well up in her eyes but she holds it in.

~"He's in a coma. Even though he maybe sleeping he can still hear... try to talk to him maybe it'll bring him back."~

She forces a smile, "Xiao Yu..." she says lightly to him, "do you remember the first time we met?" She looks at his face, "it was 12 years ago during elementary school. We were in the same class and sat across from each other."

Ya Lun was at the door during the time she was talking to him, so was Xiao Xun.

Gui Gui lightly laughs but it wasn't a joyous laugh, "I haven't told you yet but I liked you first... all the girls in that classroom liked you... I knew I didn't have a chance to tell you... but that day 12 years ago will never go away."

~12 years ago...
"Lao Shi (teacher) Gui Gui is missing!" a student calls out as they were lining up after recess to go into the school.

"Gui Gu is missing?!" The teacher panics.

Everyone is looking for Gui Gui as the sky begins to rain. Since the elementary was close to the woods, they also had people looking for her there.

Gui Gui is wounded on the knee, under the wooden bridge in the far ends of the woods.

Little Xiao Yu is looking for her as well when another classmate stops him.

"What is it?" he asks.

She smiles to him and holds out a paper heart, "this is my heart, will you accept it?"

He looked at her and just walked away.

Heartbroken the girl turned away and walked in another direction.

Xiao Yu then heads towards the bridge and sees a pair of feet by the bridge. He walks down there and finds her, "so you were here the whole time."

She looked at him startled.

"Why didn't you return to the school?" he asks, "recess is over."

Gui Gui had tears in her eyes.

Xiao Yu saw the wound on her knee and approaches her, "does it hurt?"

She shook her head.

He sighs, "not your knee, your heart."

"Why would you ask if my heart is broken?"

"I overheard the students trick you to come into the forest.... did you really believe there was a fairy under the bridge?"

She nodded.

"Why would you want to find a fairy? They're not real."

Gui Gui continues to cry, "don't kill my hopes!" She exclaimed, "I wanted to find a fairy and make a wish!"~

Gui Gui lightly laughed as she looked at Xiao Yu, "even though I didn't find a fairy... I found a prince in commoner's clothing. When ever I was bullied you would always be there protecting me, you were always there. And then on my birthday you gave me a music box with a fairy on it... I knew it was you telling me you found my fairy even though you didn't say it."

Ya Lun saw her teary expression, the first time he heard about their first meeting, he didn't know the importance of Xiao Yu to Gui Gui or vice versa. After hearing about it, he now knew why Xiao Yu had never let go of Gui Gui and why Gui Gui couldn't decide between the two brothers. Because even though Ya Lun was the one to teach her about love, Xiao Yu was the one to give her hope.

"Xiao Yu," Gui Gui continues, "when you left me 11 years ago, I wanted to hate you, I never played the music box ever again, because I told myself one day the fairy will grant me my wish... which is to have you by my side protecting me..." she finally allows her tears to drop.

Ya Lun heard her words and walked out.

Xiao Xun looked at him and follows him.

"Xiao Yu... wake up..." she cries to him, "don't let my hopes fade... because now I know, I don't need a fairy to grant my wish... because having you beside me is better than a wish... wishes fade away the moment you say it... but having a person beside you protecting you is the best thing in the world... wake up..."

~~~~~~~

"Ya Lun," Xiao Xun says running up to him in the hallway.

He turns and looked at her.

She sighs, "I need to ask you a question."

He looks at her, "what is it?"

She pauses before she could ask, "if you had to choose between your brother and Gui Gui... who would you choose?"

The look in Ya Lun's eyes becomes confused.

"Like this situation," Xiao Xun continues, "if one of them was to die, who would you save?"

~~~~~~~~~