Chapter 25

Love Letters [part 2] (Sequel to Love and Life [part 1])

 

Wang Zi laughs at her daze, "surprised?"

Gui Gui stands up firmly, "it's really you?"

"What am I then? You're the Gui Gui (Ghost)," he jokes.

She begins to smile, "all of a sudden, why are you here?"

He smiles as well, "Hebe called me a month ago, she told me about your situation so I decided to come back and support the heroine in her crazy love life!"

Gui Gui faintly sighs, "thanks for wanting to help me... but there's nothing to support any more. Ya Lun's getting married."

"I know," he says, "and to think I let you go just for him, is he stupid?" Wang Zi smiles and thought about it, "today is Thursday... tomorrow is Friday... the day after is Saturday." He sighs, "the weddings in two days you're not worried?"

Gui Gui just look down and then back up as well, "if I was worried I would be trying all means to stop it from happening."

"So you're not worried?"

"I just can't stop it," she says, "his wedding... has nothing to do with me--"

"It does have something to do with you," he told her, "he's the person in your heart, you're just going to let him go like that?"

Gui Gui sighs, "if I let him go like that I'm stupid." She says, "I learned something very valuable... to be away from a person is to miss them... but once you have that person next to you that feeling doesn't go away because if you love them whether they're near or far you'll still miss them no matter what."

Wang Zi just smiles, "wah, how long was I gone? Fifty years? Why are you so mature now?!"

She laughs, "ok. It's your first day back, let's not talk about me."

He then sighs, "fine. I'll brag all day about the hot girls in England, let's go! Treat me to some coffee!"

They then went on their way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jiro sits in the waiting room, Selina comes out with a beautiful white gown on. He couldn't help but smile.

She looks at him and spins around nervously. "How do I look," she asks, "is it overdone?"

He shakes his head, "no. It's perfect."

Selina then smiles again and walks up to him, "thanks for coming with me, Ya Lun's been busy with his exhibition."

Jiro continues to smile, "it's ok."

She also looks at the tuxedo he was wearing and smiles, "you picked this out?"

Jiro nods, "I really don't know why Ya Lun doesn't come and choose his own attire for his wedding, it's a very important day."

Selina faintly smiles but she was just trying to hide her frown. She walks up to the mirror behind Jiro and looked at herself.

The worker there smiles as she saw them stand next to each other, "wah, you guys really match each other."

They looked at each other quickly, surprised but ends up laughing about it anyways.

"Thanks," Jiro says and winks at Selina.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wang Zi sits in Gui Gui's kitchen as she brew up some coffee and cookies for him. He just smiles looking at her from a far, "your house still looks the same, you haven't done anything special with it?"

Gui Gui shook her head, "what can we do with it? It's always been like this." She then serves him the cookies and later the coffee.

Wang Zi looks at the cookies and smiles brightly, "you remember?"

She nods, "who can forget? You're the only one I know who's spoiled by cookies."

Before he could say anything else he stuffs a cookie in his mouth. Gui Gui ends up laughing at him.

He looks at her and sees the necklace around her neck, "you're actually wearing it?"

She held onto the necklace and nods, "of course, it's your present why shouldn't I wear it?"

He nods, "what else did you get?"

Gui Gui smiles brightly, "besides your necklace, I got many wonderful things too. Like, my father's ring."

"Your father's ring? What are you planning to do, get married?"

She pouts at him and continues, "I also recieved--" she pauses and thought about it.

He looked at her, "what?"

"Aiyo!" she freaks out, "I totally forgot about them!"

"About what?"

"The presents! I didn't even open them, it's been a month already..." she looks down quickly cursing at herself.

Wang Zi just laughs at her, "go open them now."

Gui Gui nods and rushes up to her room, Wang Zi stays behind and continues to eat the cookies. She enters into her room, they're stacked up beside her bed, but the first thing she looks at was the book Ya Lun had wrote in two years ago. She finally takes the courage to pick it up. She wipes the dust off the cover and holds it close to her.

She smiles, "I won't let the memories fade." She says cheerfully and then rushes to open her presents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xiao Xun and Xiao Yu are walking home after closing the shop. She rubs her hands together to keep warm.

Xiao Yu looks at her and smiles, "are you cold?"

She looked at him and nods, "the weather's been cold lately, I'm too busy so I don't even have the time to buy myself a pair of mittens."

He laughs at her, "you work at a clothing store can't you just buy it from there?"

Xiao Xun never thought about it and laughs at herself, "I really forgot." She then remembers and looked at him, "aren't you staying with Gui Gui?"

He just remembered as well, "yeah, I forgot as well."

"Then, I'll take you there, just incase you get lost." Xiao Xun goes ahead but Xiao Yu doesn't budge. She stops and looks back at him, "what's wrong?"

Silently, he holds out his hand.

Xiao Xun looked at his hand and then back at him, "Xiao Yu--"

"I'm scared I'll get lost." He told her, "can you hold my hand just this once? That way when you're holding my hand, it'll keep your hand warm as well."

Xiao Xun looks at him, her heartbeat began to race as she holds out her hand... once their hands closed together, she felt complete.

He looked at her and smiles brightly again, "let's go." They then start on their way towards Gui Gui's house.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Wang Zi!" Xiao Xun rushes towards him and gives him a friendly hug, "when did you come back?"

"Just today. I saw Gui Gui, so I accompanied her home." Wang Zi then sees Xiao Yu and holds out his hand, "I'm Wang Zi."

The look on Xiao Yu's face was stingy, he was jealous that Xiao Xun had given a hug to Wang Zi.

Xiao Xun introduces him, "this is Xiao Yu, he's a classmate and also..." she whispers, "Ya Lun's brother."

"Ya Lun's brother?" Wang Zi says jokingly, "so many twists and turns!"

Xiao Xun faintly nods, "ey, if you're here where's Gui Gui?"

"She's upstairs opening her presents."

"Presents?"

Wang Zi nods, "she's still the forgettable Gui Gui as before. She hasn't even opened her birthday presents yet."

Xiao Xun chuckles, "I'll go say bye to her before I leave." She rushes up the stairs as well.

Wang Zi looks at Xiao Yu with a big smile.

Xiao Yu looks at him creepily and looks away.

Xiao Xun rushes up the stairs just when she enters into Gui Gui's room, she sees Gui Gui lying on the floor. She panics, "Gui Gui!" She rushes to her and shakes her, "What's wrong?!"

Tears streamed down Gui Gui's face as dozens of letters were unfolded right before her.

"What's going on?"

She just continues to cry in Xiao Xun's embrace, "Xiao Xun... these letters are Ya Lun's... he wrote them for me during the two years that we were apart... I didn't recieve anything until today." She continues to cry, "why... why does my heart feel like bursting?"

Xiao Xun remembed the letters left in a little box, "those letters... were Ya Lun's?"

Gui Gui nods, "how did they end up here?"

"Those letters were in a box weren't they?" Xiao Xun sighs, "the day before your birthday... Jiro gave them to me."

Gui Gui looked at Xiao Xun confused, "Jiro?"

Xiao Xun nods, "I was also confused but I didn't bother to look at them well. He just said they were for you. I thought it was his birthday present for you--"

Gui Gui quickly runs out of the room.

Xiao Xun quickly chases after her, "Gui Gui!" She calls out as Gui Gui runs out of the house.

Wang Zi stops Xiao Xun in her tracks, "what's going on?"

Xiao Xun sighs, "aiyo Gui Gui's heartbroken! She just found the letters that Ya Lun wrote to her during the two years!"

"Letters?" Wang Zi questions.

Xiao Xun nods, "Gui Gui thought Ya Lun had never wanted to contact her, but he did, somehow... I don't know how Jiro got those letters."

Hearing their words, something begins to occur in his mind, a small memory... a letter... and two names Yan Ya Lun to Wu Gui Gui...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~