Chapter 6

Love Letters [part 2] (Sequel to Love and Life [part 1])

 

Gui Gui is sitting in class. Confused. Even as lass goes on by she hasn't moved an inch, she's still thinking of the situation between her, Xiao Yu, and Ya Lun. She could tell something was wrong with him.

The bell rings, class was done for the day.

Ya Tou and Xiao Xun gather their things.

"Finally, don't have to work today," Xiao Xun says with a faint smile. She looked at Ya Tou, "what are you doing later?"

Ya Tou just smiled, "of course I have a date with Ah Wei."

Xiao Xun sighs, "you have a date with him everyday. Don't you ever get tired of him?"

"Why would you say that?" Ya Tou asks, "is it so wrong to be on a date with him everyday?"

Xiao Xun nodded, "of course. Especially when..." she pauses and crosses her arms, "especially when he sits right across from you."

Ya Tou turned around.

Ah Wei was smiling and just waved.

Ya Tou looked ack ato Xiao Xun and smiles guiltily, "sorry." She quickly changes the subject, "what about you Gui Gui? What are you doing later?"

Gui Gui was still in her own little world.

"Gui Gui?" Both of them question.

Xiao Xun leans in towards her and waves her hand in front of Gui Gui's face. Nothing.

Ya Tou looks at her strangely, "Gui Gui, what's wrong?"

She still didn't answer.

Xiao Xun sighs, "don't tell me something happened again. You left during Hebe's wedding, what's going on?"

That question finally got to Gui Gui. She looked at them and shook her head, "it's nothing."

Ya Tou touches Gui Gui's forehead, "you don't have a fever, why are you so weird today though. You can ask me. I'm an expert in love."

Gui Gui looked down and realize she had no choice but to ask. "Ya Tou... let's say... if the guy you like, suddenly says your the girlfriend of another guy, what does that mean?"

Ya Tou looked at her, "who said it?"

Gui Gui just shook her head, "no one. I just want to know."

Ya Tou sat down and thought about it, "well, if I was in that guy's position, the reason I would say it is your relation with the other guy."

"That's right," Gui Gui said to herself, "Xiao Yu and Ya Lun are brothers... is the reason he didn't contact me these two years is because Xiao Yu told him about me?"

"He might be hurt by your actions," Ya Tou said, "what did you do to upset him?"

Gui Gui looked at her and shook her head.

"Ya Tou," Ah Wei said standing next to her, "let's go."

She smiles and nods.

They leave the classroom.

Xiao Xun sat down and looked at Gui Gui, "why did you ask such a question Gui Gui?"

She looked at her, "Xiao Xun, you're my best friend right? Can you keep this a secret?"

She nods, "sure. What's wrong?"

Gui Gui sighs and looks down lightly, "you know ever since Ya Lun left two years ago, I always had this waiting game going on. I was always waiting for the day he'd come back and be beside me."

"Well you met him already right?" Xiao Xun asks, "he was the best man at the wedding."

Gui Gui looked at Xiao Xun, "best man?"

Xiao Xun nodded, "of course. The guy Hebe married, his name is Calvin. It seems Hebe told me Ya Lun and him became good friends while in the US, Ya Lun was accompanying Hebe to do some wedding errands. Don't tell me you thought differently."

Gui Gui let out a breath of relief, "no wonder he came after me..."

"What?"

Gui Gui shook her head, "nothing." She kept on with the conversation, "would it be weird if when he comes back, it seems as if there was nothing between us?"

Xiao Xun thought about it, "well, it's been two years... let me tell you, guys are different from girls, they're not as patient." She looked at Gui Gui lightly, "I don't want to make you lose hope... but... he could've found someone else."

Gui Gui looks at Xiao Xun quickly, "did Hebe mention anything to you about this?"

Xiao Xun shook her head, "I didn't ask."

Gui Gui quickly gathers her things and starts out the classroom.

Xiao Xun sat there and sighs, "again, nothing to do today..." She then got her things and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hebe and Calvin are at the airport. Ya Lun and a girl, Selina are there to send them off.

"Thanks for being the best man Ya Lun," Calvin said, "I really couldn't have pictured someone else besides you to stand beside me when I get married."

Ya Lun shook his head, "it's nothing."

Hebe smiled and looked at Selina, "well, now that our wedding is done, I hope you two will have a great wedding as well."

Selina smiles brightly, "thanks Hebe. All the best with you and Calvin at your honeymoon."

Calvin looked at Ya Lun and whispers, "if you don't want to, this is your chance to say it."

Hebe grabbed onto Calvin, "let's go."

They then walked off.

Selina looked at Ya Lun and smiles, "what did Calvin say to you?"

He shook his head, "it's nothing." Ya Lun then started out of the airport, having Selina follow him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gui Gui enters into Wang Zi's house.

"Ey Gui Gui, you're here," Wang Zi's mom greeted her, "how is school lately?"

She force a small smile, "it's ok. Auntie, is Hebe home?"

"Hebe?" She questions, "oh, she just left for her honeymoon. Ya Lun and his girlfriend sent them off."

Gui Gui was shocked, "girlfriend????"

She nodded, "yeah. Selina. Ya Lun and her met while in the states. Ey, Gui Gui, why don't you stay for dinner."

Gui Gui shook her head slowly, "it's ok..." She then exit the house.

She stood outside like an idiot, holding back her tears but they were falling already, "girlfriend????" she was crying her eyes out, "he's changed...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~