Chapter 17

Love Letters [part 2] (Sequel to Love and Life [part 1])

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
YAY!!
Selina's dark past is finally unfolding!!!!!
AND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gui Gui's finally fighting for her love!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~

Jiro comes and finds Selina in Xiao Yu's room, "are you ok?"

Selina wipes her tears and looks at him, she faintly nods.

Jiro takes a look at Xiao Yu and sighs, "Xiao Di (little brother) you're very brave, do you know that?"

Selina then stands up, "I'm gonna go talk to Gui Gui, take your time." She then left leaving Jiro to have his conversation with Xiao Yu.

~~~~~~~

Once Selina reached Gui Gui's room, she was all alone. She walks up to her, "where's everyone?"

Gui Gui looked at her, "Ya Tou and Ah Wei left, Xiao Xun's returning the tray to the cafeteria."

Selina looked and saw her gift still on the table, she reaches for it, "you didn't open it?"

"How can I? You weren't here."

Selina looked at Gui Gui sorrowfully and slowly hands it to her, "sorry."

Gui Gui looked at her confused, "about what?"

Selina takes in a shaky breath, awaiting for Gui Gui to open her gift, "sorry..." her eyes filled with tears.

As Gui Gui takes out what was in the bag it shocked her. It was a picture of Gui Gui's family. She looked at Selina strangely, "why do you have this photo?"

Selina took in a breath, "I'm sorry." That was the only word she could say to Gui Gui.

Gui Gui dumped out the things in the bag, they were mostly about Gui Gui's dad, letters of accommodation, recognition, achievements, towards the end they began to be about Gui Gui. She was confused, "why do you have these things?!"

Selina looked at her and finally began to spoke, "it was a rainy day that day..." she pauses to let out her breath, "my father came home... he said he was fired by his boss... Wu Qin Se (Gui Gui's dad). He told my mom, he would have his revenge... that night... on the news... a little girl is crying for her dad..."

Gui Gui's eyes filled with tears.

"My father... killed you dad..."

Those words ran through Gui Gui's mind as well as the flashback of the car accident.

"He went to your house... begged your father to take him back... and unplugged the brakes to your father's car later..." Selina looked at Gui Gui with sympathetic eyes, "on behalf of my father... I'm sorry."

Gui Gui couldn't believe what she was hearing, all she could do was cry.

"After your father's death, we moved to the US... but my father became crazy, he killed himself... my mom ran away with another man..." she cries, "when I had no one left... I met Ya Lun... He showed me what it was like to be proud even if I had nothing to be proud of... he was everything to me... and he still is." She apologized sincerely, "I'm sorry..." After having said what she needed to she left.

Gui Gui was confused, shocked, speechless... "Selina!"

She stops in her tracks.

"Listen to me..." Gui Gui says in tears, "I forgive you..."

A big load was taken off Selina's conscience.

"But..." Gui Gui later continues, "no matter how proud you are of what you have... you still have nothing to be proud of. I won't let you take Ya Lun away from me even if we were good friends."

After hearing what Gui Gui said she looks at Gui Gui, a different feeling rises between them, "we'll see who Ya Lun chooses."

Another war begins!!!

~~~~~~~~