Chapter 27

Love Letters [part 2] (Sequel to Love and Life [part 1])

 

Ya Lun pulls the curtain down as he stretches. He looks at the time, "11:39." He takes in a deep breath and yawns.

Selina's grandpa is there as well and smiles, "you've worked hard, are you excited?"

Ya Lun looks at him and nods, "this is a big opportunity for me and my future."

He agrees, "I think with this exhibit, your whole life will change. I should let you know though, no matter what happens tomorrow this should be the first thing on your mind, then you can attend to the other matters. Regarding your wedding as well, you shouldn't worry about it too much, Selina and them are already prepared, they'll just have to wait for you."

Ya Lun begins to frown and just lightly nods.

"Also remember, your life and your work are two different things, they can't be associated. Even if someone in your life dies tomorrow, you still have to come and present this, then afterwards you can cry about it."

Ya Lun just nods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gui Gui's mom is holding onto Gui Gui's bandaged hands as she sits there, her eyes red.

Xiao Xun comes in with Gui Gui's hat, jacket, new socks and the ladybug mittens. She approaches them, "auntie."

Gui Gui's mom looks at her and sighs, "you're here?"

She nods, "I brought Gui Gui's things, I thought we should keep her warm through the night."

Gui Gui's mom agrees as they put them on her while she was still sleeping.

Wang Zi and Xiao Yu slowly enters in.

Gui Gui's mom looks at them, "Wang Zi, you're back?"

Wang Zi nods as he approaches them.

Xiao Yu looks at Gui Gui, he turns away feeling hurt when he sees her. He has one of the ladybug stuff animals in hand and sets it on the table next to her bed.

Everyone was quiet as they watched Gui Gui sleep.

Gui Gui's mom sits back down and continues to hold onto her hands which were wearing the ladybug mittens. She forces a laugh, "when did she get these? They look like the ladybugs in her room."

"You mean those stuff animals?" Xiao Xun questions, "I don't know why, but lately Gui Gui has been into ladybugs recently. Even for school, she wrote a report about ladybugs... for some reason it was very touching." She lets out a deep breath, "ladybugs mean luck. They say if a ladybug lands on you, you'll be able to find your true love within that day. She also told me that if you catch a ladybug and let it go, it'll fly to your true love and whisper your name in his ear, he'll then come towards you. I then realized Gui Gui liked ladybugs because of this reason."

Gui Gui's mom begins to cry even more, "she's such a hopeful child..."

Wang Zi moves closer to Gui Gui and sits down. He ends up silent.

Xiao Yu walks out of the room.

Xiao Xun sees him and quickly follows him, "Xiao Yu."

In the middle of the hallway, he stops and looks at her.

She walks up to him and sighs, "you... you really remember?"

He looks at her and nods.

"Then... you remember liking Gui Gui?"

He looks at her and nods once more.

Xiao Xun lets out a deep breath, "then... do you still like her?"

Xiao Yu looks at her, depressingly.

"It's ok." She says, "it's been a long night. You should go home and get some sleep--"

"Xiao Xun."

She finally looks at him, hoping for an answer.

He pauses, "you're a good friend."

Her heart breaks.

"Thank you for always being by Gui Gui and helping her solve her problems. I think... she needs more friends like you who actually have her feelings in mind, thanks."

She just sighs, "good night." She begins to walk off, but he quickly grabs her hand and pulls her towards him.

He holds her. Their hearts racing as one. He kisses her on the forehead and then looks back at her with a smile, "good night." He then leaves.

Xiao Xun watches as he walks away, "does this mean--"

He turns to look at her as he was walking away backwards and wave.

She just smiles, "I'm yours?"

Xiao Yu just continues to smile and finally leaves.

Xiao Xun, happily smiles and quickly rushes back to Gui Gui's room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~