Chapter 24

Love Letters [part 2] (Sequel to Love and Life [part 1])

 

The next day they're walking to school. Xiao Yu is finally going back to school, he walks close to Gui Gui as Ya Tou, Ah Wei and Xiao Xun follow them.

Xiao Yu looks behind and sees them. He smiles, "why are you guys following us?"

Gui Gui looked at them and then back to Xiao Yu, "you don't remember them? I told you about them yesterday."

Xiao Yu took another look at them and faintly nods, "they're the inseparable couple Ya Tou and Ah Wei."

They were shock, "you remember us?"

Gui Gui smiles, "I decided to help him remember again. This is a good start."

Xiao Yu then looked at Xiao Xun. He sees her smile in his mind and pauses, it was the face he had seen when he first awoke from his coma.

She was confused, "do... do you remember me?"

Gui Gui looked at him confused as well, "I told you about her too don't you remember?"

Xiao Yu faintly looks away.

Xiao Xun was confused, "you don't remember me?"

Gui Gui sighs, "it's ok, remembering takes time. Let's hurry to school." She then starts ahead with Xiao Yu.

Xiao Xun was completely confused and slowly follows behind Ya Tou and Ah Wei.

~~~~~~~~~

Ya Lun pulls the curtain over his exhibition as Hebe finally walks towards him.

She lets out a deep breath, "it's like a walk in the woods, but it's special."

He looks at her and a smile grows on his face, "how long have you been back?"

"A month now," she says, "sorry we haven't visited."

He shook his head, "it's ok everyone's busy now a days too."

Hebe sighs, "you did this by yourself," she says indicating his exhibition.

He nods, "why? Are you surprised?"

She nods as well, "you weren't the smartest in school, who knew you'd have a big project at such a young age." She looks at him again, "but no matter how you accomplish this there's something you still lack."

He was confused, "what is that?"

She crosses her arms, "happiness."

His smile suddenly fades.

Hebe walks up to him and straightens his jacket, "I thought you would be one of the most understanding person when it comes to happiness, because you have your own limitations."

He faintly looks down.

She then sighs, "what? I got it right didn't I?"

"Are you saying this because I've moved on from Gui Gui?"

Hebe shook her head, "of course not, I'm saying this because you're getting married to Selina." She sighs, "Selina's one of my good friends, nothing makes me more happier than attending her wedding... but... I'm also sadden while thinking of attending her wedding." She turns away and starts wondering around the museum causing Ya Lun to follow her.

"Why do you say that?"

"Because..." she pauses and faces him again, "the person she's marring doesn't love her."

Ya Lun looks at Hebe, she was right.

"Why are you marrying her if you don't love her? You can't blame your parents."

He knew he had to tell her, Hebe was very understanding anyways. "If I get married... I'll forget about Gui Gui."

"What help will that do?" Hebe asks as she stops by a portrait, it was the mona lisa.

Ya Lun also stopped to look at it.

Hebe began to smile, "her smile is very warm... do you know why?"

He shook his head.

She sighs, "this expression... is an irreplacable expression. This painting became very famous because of her smile." Hebe looked at Ya Lun, "did you know why?"

He continues to shake his head.

She frowns and tells it to him as she looks back at the painting, "if you're a girl you'd understand why." Hebe smiles again, "she's fallen in love. When you're in love time slows down, every second becomes a minute, every minute becomes an hours, it becomes a moment that will last forever... this is what the artist had wanted to show in his work... a moment that will last forever... the happiness of love."

As Ya Lun look at the painting, he begins to get that warm feeling also, thinking of his time with Gui Gui.

Hebe sighs, "if you don't have that feeling when you're with Selina... I advise you to call off the wedding... save her her tears."

Ya Lun then lets out a sigh again and follows Hebe around the museum once more, "but Xiao Yu--"

"Also likes Gui Gui right?" Hebe took the words out of Ya Lun's mouth. She sighs, "at least he's doing the right thing being beside the one he loves."

Ya Lun stopped in his tracks.

Hebe smiles and faces him, "are you really going to let her go? Let me warn you before you tell me, if you let her go... you can't come back for her. This is your final goodbye." She looks at the time, "I have to go, bye!" She rushes out of the museum.

Ya Lun thought about Hebe's words and a smile resides on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Xiao Yu sat next to Xiao Xun, an awkward feeling arises. He was extremely nervous, he looks at her, watching her silently as she took her notes. Her smile keeps popping into his mind.

Xiao Xun looked at him quickly, "why do you keep looking at me?!" She whispers angrily.

He quickly turns away, clumsily knocking down the things on his desk.

Gui Gui looks over as well as the whole class. She leans in towards Xiao Xun, "what's wrong with him?"

She just lets out a deep breath and continues to take her notes.

Xiao Yu was picking up his things and looked straight ahead at the board.

Gui Gui found, Xiao Yu was acting strangly.

Ya Tou leans in, "what's wrong with him?"

She just shrugs her shoulders.

Xiao Yu and Ah Wei are having their lunch away from the girls.

Gui Gui looked at Ya Tou, "what are you guys doing?"

Ya Tou sighs, "of course Ah Wei's going to get the answers out of Xiao Yu. He's so weird." She then looked at Xiao Xun who was having her lunch already.

Ah Wei sighs, "ey Xiao Yu, I always wanted to know something."

Xiao Yu took a bite of his sandwich, "what?"

"Well, why do you only remember Gui Gui?"

Xiao Yu thought about it, "I don't know... I think it's cause she always talked to me when I was in a coma."

Ah Wei spite out his water, "what?!"

Everyone looked at them.

Ah Wei rushed Gui Gui out of the classroom.

"What is it?" Gui Gui asks concerned, "what did he say?"

Ah Wei sighs, "we've been mistakened the whole time."

"Mistakened?" Gui Gui was confused, "what did we mistaken?"

He looked at her seriously as Ya Tou and Xiao Xun comes out as well. He says it lightly to her, "he really did lose all his memories of everyone... the only reason why he remembers you is cause you would talk to him when he was in a coma. Otherwise he would've forgotten you too."

Everyone was shocked.

Gui Gui looked back at Xiao Yu, "are you serious?"

Ah Wei nodded, "that's what he told me. He said, 'I think it's cause she always talked to me when I was in a coma' word to word."

Ya Tou was surprised, "so, if it was Ya Lun talking to him instead he would've remembered Ya Lun instead?"

Ah Wei nods.

Xiao Xun also looks back at Xiao Yu and then back at Ah Wei, "then why is he so weird towards me?"

Ah Wei smiles, "I didn't ask him yet."

Everyone sighs.

"But," he starts again, "if I do remember... Xiao Xun was the first person he saw when he woke up... I think..." he starts to laugh, "I think he likes you Xiao Xun."

Xiao Xun was shocked, "like me?!"

Gui Gui continues to look at Xiao Yu, overhearing their words, she decided maybe... her 11 years of waiting for him was just waiting for him to come back and be beside her not to love her. She then smiles and looks at Xiao Xun, "ey, you must treat him good!"

Xiao Xun shook her head, "but--"

Ya Tou smiles brightly, "if you guys work out then me and Ah Wei will have more people to double date with!"

Xiao Xun was just confused.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Gui Gui and Xiao Yu are walking home, she keeps on looking at him, a big smile on his face.

"Xiao Yu..." Gui Gui also smiles, "why are you smiling so much?"

He looked at her and shook his head, "it's nothing."

"But you're so suspicious..." she says, "don't tell me... you like someone."

He shook his head in denial.

Gui Gui stood in front of him and looked at him even closer, "you do! You have hearts in your eyes!"

Xiao Yu turns away, "I do not."

Gui Gui faces him again, "is it me?"

Xiao Yu just laughs, "why would I like you?"

Gui Gui continues to smile, "then who is it?"

He continues to shake his head.

Gui Gui then thought about it, "let's go to the store!" She grabs onto his hand and drags him.

~~~~~~~~~

Xiao Xun stood behind the counter, Xiao Yu in front of her with the biggest smile on earth.

Gui Gui just smiles, "take your time, I'm going to see what's over there!" She then disappears from view.

Xiao Xun looks at Xiao Yu, she was trying to be nice, "are you going to buy something?"

He shook his head.

Gui Gui pops up again, "ey, this is nice!" She gives it to Xiao Yu.

Xiao Xun looked at the words on the shirt, "be mine?"

Xiao Yu looked at it too and blushes harder.

Xiao Xun ignores it and continues to work.

Gui Gui pops up once again and hands him a teddy bear, "this too!"

Xiao Xun looks at it, "I love you?"

Xiao Yu freaks out and throws it to Gui Gui, "why did you have to tell her?"

Gui Gui caught him, "then you do like Xiao Xun!" she says happily causing both of them to blush.

Xiao Xun sighs and looks at Gui Gui, "I'm working here Gui Gui."

She rushes behind the counter with Xiao Yu, "ey, you look like you need help, I'll lend you Xiao Yu for the day, I have errands to do Bye!" She quickly runs out of the shop.

Xiao Xun sighs and looks at Xiao Yu... a part of her heart began to beat, even though she has swore Wang Zi was the only one, who couldn't resist Xiao Yu? "Are you really going to help me?"

He nods, "yeah, what do you want me to do?"

She thought about it, "can... can you just stand here."

"Stand here?" He questions.

She nods, "I can't mess anything up, so having you stand here is better than helping me."

He nods happily, "ok!"

Xiao Xun then got back to work, having the warm hearted Xiao Yu stand beside her happily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a happy mood as she walks on home, she keeps thinking to herself.

"Although Xiao Yu is the first love of my life, I don't mind him with Xiao Xun, this way my heart will be at ease that he's happy..." she then sighs, "but the more I think about love... the lonlier it becomes... Ya Lun is getting married..." her happiness drifts away like the moon in a darken sky, Gui Gui keeps walking without noticing that the cross signal wasn't even green, a car beeps it horn. She looks at the car... for some reason she closes her eyes... the car tires screech and a pair of hands pulls her away, after a brief moment she opens her eyes again. She looks up...

He smiles to her, "are you crazy?"

She couldn't smile but she was surprised, "Wang Zi."

~~~~~~~~~
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
sorry about rushing the whole Xiao Yu&Xiao Xun mess
I just really wanted to get their quick love story out of the way and make way for Wang Zi to come back!!!
YAY!!!
Now that I think about it, the stories coming to an end!
ALREADY?! THAT WAS FAST! DON'T YA THINK SO TOO?