Chapter 28

Love Letters [part 2] (Sequel to Love and Life [part 1])

 

Second to last Chapter!!IT'S ABOUT TO END!!

The sun shines through the windows of the hospital room. Gui Gui's mom is sleeping on the sofa, Xiao Xun and Wang Zi one each side of Gui Gui. She finally opens her eyes. As she sees them, she tries to sit up, but her body was aching, she couldn't move.

Xiao Xun hears her and quickly helps her, "don't move..." she lays Gui Gui back down on the bed.

"Xiao Xun..." Gui Gui says with a sore voice, "where am I?"

She sighs, "you're at the hospital again... are you ok? Do you need anything? I'll hurry and get it--"

"What am I doing here? I need to find Ya Lun--" the pain in her body was too severe, she couldn't move.

Wang Zi finally hears her and freaks out, "what are you doing? Lay still."

She looks at him, "what am I doing here?"

He was angry at her and scolds her, "are you stupid?! Why did you leave the house without a jacket or even shoes?! Did you want to die from the cold?!"

She looks at him, tears are forming in her eyes, "I was looking for Ya Lun--"

"You should think about yourself first," Xiao Xun tells her.

Wang Zi sighs once more and calms down, "I'll go get you some hot water." He then leaves the room.

Gui Gui looks at Xiao Xun, "is Wang Zi angry?"

She nods, "if I were him I'd be angry too to find out that I left you to be happy with Ya Lun, and it turns out you're not happy at all and have become even stupider."

Gui Gui just sighs and touches her head, she sees the ladybug mittens... she begins to think even more of Ya Lun.

Xiao Xun sighs, "auntie has been here all night, waiting for you to wake up. Wang Zi had to carry her to the sofa so she won't have a backache from sleeping on the chair."

Gui Gui looked at the sofa and sees her mom sleeping. She becomes even more worried about the others because of her stupid action. She sees the clock that hangs on the wall by the door.

1:23 pm

She sighs, "it's so late--"

"Late? You really are stupid Gui Gui. You're still thinking of waking early when you're a patient? You should get some more sleep."

Gui Gui continues to lay on the bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ya Lun is shaking hands with everyone after he was done presenting.

"Good job, Mr. Yan, this exhibit is earthly and creative."

"Thank you." He looks at the time, it was 1:23. He smiles, "sorry, I have to go." He then walks out of the museum, gets into his car, and drives off.

Selina is in a white dress, not her wedding dress, but just a white gown. She's sitting down with her small bouquet in hand as the sun shines through the window of the chruch. Jiro is sitting next to her, he looks at her lightly... a little hurt.

~Gui Gui looks at him and tries to calm down, "even if you give her everything... do you think she'll still be happy? Happiness doesn't mean to have everything... happiness means to be satified with what you already have. Let me tell you... if you don't know this meaning of happiness, how are you able to give Selina happiness?" Gui Gui lets out her shaky breath and leaves quietly.~

He takes in another shaky breath, "Selina..." he says to himself, "be happy..."

The priest is standing in front and looks at the time, "it starts already where's the groom?"

Mrs. Yan takes in a deep breath, "where is Ya Lun? Doesn't he know he'll be late for the wedding rehearsal?"

Mr. Yan sighs, "please excuse our son, he's in a tight schedule."

Xiao Yu is sitting next to his dad and looks at the time as well. 1:30 exact.

The chruch doors open, Ya Lun enters in, "sorry." he says, "I'm late."

Everyone stands up, Xiao Yu rushes towards his brother, "ge--"

"Xiao Yu, you're here too."

"Your brother remembers now." Their dad said, "you should've come home last night instead of sleeping at the office."

Xiao Yu grabs his brother's arm, "we need to talk--"

"Hurry and get on with the rehearsal," Mrs. Yan says impatiently as she walks Selina towards the alter, "don't you know how long your wife has been waiting for you?'

That word made Ya Lun uneasy.

"It's urgent--"

Ya Lun interrupts, "we'll talk later," he then walks towards the alter as well and stands in front with Selina.

Xiao Yu looks at his brother, time is passing by... in a couple hours... the real wedding will begin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gui Gui is constantly looking at the time as well. Before she knew it, the sun was starting to set. No one was in the room as she moved the blanket off of her and tries to get off the bed, she ends up falling onto the floor in pain. She lets out a scream of pain.

The nurse was walking by when she witnesses the scene. She rushes in and helps Gui Gui, "are you ok?" She sets Gui Gui back down on the bed.

"I have to go to the bathroom."

"I'll help you." She grabs the wheelchair outside the room.

Gui Gui kept her eyes on the wheelchair and then at her legs, "nurse..."

The nurse looks at Gui Gui, "what is it?"

She looks at the nurse nervously, "why do I need a wheelchair?"

"You don't know? For the time being you can't walk anymore."

The words rings in Gui Gui's ears, for a split second her heart stops beating, her eyes fills with tears, "what?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you Yan Ya Lun, take Miss. Selina Ren to be your wife?"

Selina looks at Ya Lun as he holds onto her hand, he slowly puts the ring on her but doesn't say 'I do'.

"This is just a rehearsal," he says, "we don't have to do it like it will be tomorrow."

The priest just sighs and looks at Selina, "Do you Miss. Selina Ren, take Yan Ya Lun to be your husband?"

She holds the ring in her hand... her heart is racing.

Jiro is sitting down right across from her. His heart is racing too.

She looks at Ya Lun, he doesn't dare to look at her.

~Selina grabs the blanket and is at the top of the stairs.

Jiro sighs and looks once more at Gui Gui, "I admit... I was the one hiding them. But... it was the only thing I can do to keep Selina happy. If she would've known Ya Lun was liking someone else, do you know how devastated would she have been? This is the happiness I can give her."

Gui Gui continues to cry, "for one person's happiness you've decided to sabotage another person's happiness?!"

He pauses and takes in a deep breath, "for Selina's happiness... I'm willing to do anything."~

She has overheard their conversation last night... she slowly turns to look at Jiro... he looks at her, an uncomfortable feeling in his eyes. She begins to cry, "I can't..." she finally says.

Everyone looks at her, confused.

Xiao Yu was holding in his breath the whole time, now he can finally breath.

Ya Lun looks at Selina, awkwardly.

Mrs. Yan was scared as well, but she managed to laugh, "this is just the rehearsal, just like what Ya Lun says we don't have to do it like it will be tomorrow--"

"Sorry auntie..." Selina cries and takes off the ring that Ya Lun has placed on her finger, "I can't marry Ya Lun." She gives it back to him and forces a smile, "promise me you'll be happy... so I won't regret my decision today."

He was confused beyond everyone else, "Selina--"

"I can't marry you..." she says finally, "you don't love me... and... I don't love you." She continues to smile, "you love Gui Gui... and... my love will come to me one day." She looks at Jiro, "I think... he's close by."

Jiro finally smiles as well as Selina walks up to him. She holds onto his hand and laughs. He holds onto her hand as well and laughs, "you're right... he is close by..."

Ya Lun can finally smile this time as well. He walks up to Jiro and hands them the ring, "keep this then."

"What is going on?!" His parents are totally confused.

Selina apologizes, "sorry uncle and auntie... I can't marry Ya Lun. We won't be happy together."

"But the wedding is set for tomorrow!" Mrs. Yan exclaims, "what do you expect guests to show up for then?! My funeral?!"

Ya Lun walks up to his parents, "mom... dad... please. We've decided not to get married. Are you going to force both of us to marry each other?"

Mr. Yan was frustrated, "Ya Lun, what are you doing?"

"Please..." he begs them, "I know you have misunderstandings about Gui Gui. But you must know, she's the girl I love. I want to be with her, to protect her, to love her, can't I? If not... I won't be able to live without her."

"What are you saying?!" His mom cries, "for one girl, you're willing to die?"

"If I can't love Gui Gui... I would rather die."

The priest sighs, "you shouldn't say such things in a chruch, it's a bad omen."

"Ok," his dad finally says, "if you love her... be with her then."

Ya Lun finally smiles, "thanks dad."

His mom was still in tears, "even though I don't like her... I'll learn to love her, because you do. Don't make me regret." She says as well, "don't ever talk about death again with me, I should die before my sons."

"It's a bad omen," the priest says once again but they all ignored him.

Xiao Yu finally grabs Ya Lun away from them, "we need to talk. He says, I remember everything, but--"

"You're not going to let Gui Gui go?"

Xiao Yu laughs, "please... now she's like my little sister, I forgot to say I do have a girlfriend now and it's not Gui Gui."

"It's your first girlfriend!" Jiro jokes.

"But that's not the point," Xiao Yu says looking at his brother seriously, "Ge... be strong."

Ya Lun was confused, "for what?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~