Chapter 13

Love Letters [part 2] (Sequel to Love and Life [part 1])

 

Gui Gui panics, the tears in her eyes are now from fear.

"Don't make a sound..." he tells her, "tell him you have to go or I'll kill you right now."

Gui Gui's breath becomes shaky as she holds the phone to her ear, "I have to go..." she says and quickly hangs up on Wang Zi who was drastically calling her name.

The man carresses her face and smells her hair, "let's go." He quickly takes her into a black van and the driver takes off.

~~~~~~

Xiao Xun looks at Gui Gui's empty seat and sighs, "why isn't she here again? Don't tell me Wang Zi upsetted her last night instead." She took out her phone and before she could even dial his number the teacher walks in.

Xiao Yu looked at her and realized she was acting strangely, "what's wrong?"

Xiao Xun sighs, "Xiao Yu, is Gui Gui was Ya Lun again? Why isn't she here?"

Xiao Yu shook his head, "can't be, Ya Lun has to meet Selina's grandpa. He has a whole lot of things to do today for the wedding."

Xiao Xun had a bad feeling, "I just don't feel right about her being gone today..."

"She's probably still upset from yesterday..." he told her, "besides... if I were her I wouldn't want to see me right now." He then looked at her empty seat and sighs.

Xiao Xun clings onto her phone like crazy but she knew what Xiao Yu said could be right as well.

~~~~~~

Gui Gui's mom rushes into Wang Zi's mom's shop.

"Ey Mrs. Wu you're here?" She asks.

Gui Gui's mom was panicking, "have you seen Gui Gui?"

"Gui Gui? I haven't seen her lately, why?"

Her mom had tears welled up in her eyes, "I haven't seen her at all today! Ever since I got home from work this morning I've been looking for her around the neighborhood, no one's seen her!"

Wang Zi's mom starts freaking out as well, "are you sure she didn't go to school early?"

She shook her head, "who would go to school before 4 o'clock in the morning?!"

"Don't worry, I'll call Xiao Xun's parents and see if she slept over there." She picks up the phone and waits.

Gui Gui's mom was looking at the picture at the front desk, it was a picture of Gui Gui, Wang Zi and Xiao Xun, she begins to worry even more.

"Ok thanks." She hangs up the phone, "they haven't seen her at all. They said Xiao Xun's at school already."

She begins to cry, "my Gui Gui, where are you..."

"I'll close the shop and help you find her--"

"It's ok, you stay here and ask customers, tell them to keep their eyes open for her. I'll stop by her school and look for her there." She quickly runs out.

~~~~~~

Two men are playing games on the computer in a dark room, they fight over who's going to play next, then the guy (the one who kidnapped her last night) making a sandwich in the kitchen throws utensils at them.

"Quiet down!" he exclaims. He brings a sandwich into the next room.

Gui Gui is tied up and sitting in the corner of the room. She glares at the man as he approaches her.

He smiles brightly to her, "ey Gui Gui, are you hungry? I made this for you." He tries to feed her but she refuses it. He looks at her sadly, "you don't like tuna? It's ok, I'll make you something else, what do you want to eat?"

She looked at him with red eyes, "what do you want from me?"

He smiled, "just you." He said with pride, "don't worry. We'll move far away from here and get married, you won't have to worry about anything."

Gui Gui continues to cry, "I don't know you, I don't want to marry you, please, let me go--"

"No!" He exclaims harshly at her. He looks at her deeply, "I will always get what I want." He then leaves the sandwich in front of her and leaves.

Gui Gui leans on the wall and continues to cry.

~~~~~~

"What?! Gui Gui's missing?!" Xiao Xun exclaims worriedly, "are you sure she's not with someone else?"

Gui Gui's mom nods, "other than you and Wang Zi I don't know any other friends of hers that she's close to."

Xiao Xun begins to worry and looks at Ya Tou inside the classroom, "she also can't be with Ya Tou. Hold on." She quickly takes out her phone and calls Wang Zi.

"Last night she suddenly said she had to go and hung up on me," Wang Zi said, "what's going on?"

Xiao Xun was panicking as well, "Gui Gui's missing! We don't know where she is!"

Wang Zi panicked as well, "how can Gui Gui be missing!"

Xiao Xun started to cry, "I don't know... she's missing..."

~~~~~~~

Selina's grandpa laughs as he was having a conversation with Ya Lun, "I like a young man like you to take over this place once I pass on..."

Ya Lun just looked down.

Selina had a small smile, "aiyo grandpa, it's not like that, I'm planning on postponing the wedding."

He looked at her strangely, "postponing?" He questions, "why?"

Selina lightly looked at Ya Lun and just remained silent.

He looks at her harshly, "why are you so stupid?! He's a good man and you don't want to marry him?!"

Ya Lun saw her expression, she seemed afraid. He then changes the subject, "it's not like that."

He looks at him as well, "then is it you who don't want to marry her?"

Ya Lun too remain quiet.

Selina looks at her grandpa, "let's not talk about the wedding, let's talk about work." She takes out the paperwork, "I thought of a good exhibition to put up on the east side of the museum." She laid them out on the table and looked at Ya Lun, "I would like this exhibition to be presented and designed by Ya Lun."

He looked at her confused, "me?"

She nods, "this is a good chance to launch your career. Even though this is a science and art museum, I believe your work is good enough to be art as well."

Her grandpa looks at Ya Lun and smiles, "this isn't a bad idea."

Ya Lun looked at him strangely, "why is that?"

"Because, this museum is a science and art museum, but if we have someone who majors in something different, it will also attract those who are interested in something else. This could be a win win for both parties."

Ya Lun looked back at Selina who had a smile of agreement. He looked at the paperwork and seemed intrigued, "you came up with this yourself?"

She nodded, "this is what I've been working on for the past year. It's my pride."

Her grandpa smiles, "if you do this exhibition there will be many opportunities for you in this lifetime, don't you want to be able to know experience them?"

Ya Lun looked at him and begins to smile.

~~~~~~~

Ya Tou and Ah Wei are walking towards the museum, Ya Tou is frowning.

"You really have to work today?" She questions, "can't you just take off?"

He sighs, "my Ya Tou, if I keep taking off I won't be able to make money, if I'm not able to make money I won't be able to take you on dates, if I'm not able to take you on dates then you'll be mad at me, if you're mad at me then you won't talk to me, if you won't talk to me then we won't be together anymore. I don't want that."

Ya Tou smiled at her very understanding boyfriend, "ok. Have fun at work then, I have to go."

"Where are you going," Ah Wei asks just when Selina and Ya Lun comes out from the museum.

"I have to go and find Gui Gui," Ya Tou said, "she's been missing since this morning, Xiao Xun and her mom and worried."

Ya Lun rushes to them, "what did you say?!" He grabs onto Ya Tou's arm.

Ah Wei moves his hand off his girlfriend and tries to stand tall next to Ya Lun, "ey, keep your hands off her."

Ya Lun was worried, "what did you say about Gui Gui?"

Ya Tou looked at him, "Gui Gui's missing we're looking for her."

Ya Lun was devastated.

"Are you a friend of hers too?" Ya Tou asks, "if you are I'll take you to where everyone is, they're having a conversation at the police station right now."

Ya Lun nods, "ok," he rushes to his car.

Ya Tou kisses her boyfriend on the cheek and leaves in Ya Lun's car.

Selina walks up to Ah Wei, "what's going on?"

Ah Wei looked at her, "a friend of ours is missing."

"Gui Gui," She questions.

Ah Wei nods, "you know her too president?"

Selina looked at him and nods.

~~~~~~~~

Everyone is worried and in panic at the police station.

Ya Lun and Ya Tou enters in and rushes towards Xiao Xun, Gui Gui's mom, Wang Zi's mom, Xiao Yu and their uncle.

"Xiao Xun, what's happening now," Ya Tou asks.

She was calmer now but still worried, "the police officers are looking for the video from a servelliance camera from last night. They hope it could lead to her sudden disappearance."

Xiao Yu looked at Ya Lun who was worried as well, "Ya Lun... you came?"

He looked at his little brother and nods, "matters about Gui Gui are my number one priority," he looks at Gui Gui's mom and tries to comfort her, "auntie don't worry, we'll help you find Gui Gui."

She just continues to cry.

The officer then comes out with the video in hand causing everyone to rush to him.

"Officer," Gui Gui's mom pleads, "did you find anything?"

He inserts the video into the player infront of them, "we'll see if we can find anything on the clip."

They watch the video and see Xiao Xun and Gui Gui departing ways, they see her answer her phone.

"Does anyone know who she was on the phone with?"

"It was Wang Zi," Xiao Xun said, "she was having a bad day, so I told him to call her at that moment."

They continue to watch as she walked away, but they see a black van in sight and a man get out from it.

They all leaned in closely and as they see the knife they all panic and freak out.

Ya Lun was angry as well as Xiao Yu.

Gui Gui's mom continues to cry as they see him hold the knife to her neck. He then takes her into the van and have a good visual on his face.

The police officer pauses the video at that moment and turns towards the other officer, "get a run through of his face, find out who he is and see if he has any criminal background. We have a kidnapping case on our hands."

Ya Tou looked at his face carefully, "that guy..."

Everyone looked at her.

Ya Lun held onto her shoulders firmly, "what do you know?! Tell us!"

She panicked, "I've seen him before!"

Xiao Xun looked at his face, "me too!"

Everyone was curious.

The officer looked at them, "who is he then?"

Xiao Xun explains, "he came to the shop many times already."

Uncle looked at the man's face and it hit him, "it's true, he's a frequent customer. He even stops by when the shop is closed. I've told him many times that he shouldn't come if he doesn't plan on buying anything, but he still does."

"It's true," Xiao Xun adds in, "on days when Gui Gui don't work he won't bother to come in, he'll wait outside for some odd reason. Now we know it's because of Gui Gui. He's a stalker."

The officers were taking notes and looked at Ya Tou, "how do you know him."

She was quiet, "it's..." she then spoke up, "it's just that he's been following me and Gui Gui lately. I saw him yesterday. Me and Ah Wei were on a double date with Jiro and Selina, he was following us yesterday."

"Following?!"

Ya Tou nods, "even Ah Wei and Jiro realized it, they scared him off."

The officer asked her more questions, "how many times has he followed you guys?"

She thought about it, "now that I think about it, ever since last year."

"Last year, why didn't you report anything?!"

"Because we thought they was also heading the same way. We didn't think much."

"They?" The officer questioned, "what do you mean by they?'

"Three men," Ya Tou continues to explain, "it's always the same men."

The officer pulled Ya Tou towards the other police men, "get detailed information about the three men, we need facials and even landmarks on where they follow you, what time, what place, everything. Also, don't let her leave this place until we find Gui Gui."

"Why can't I leave," Ya Tou asks.

"Cause they're after you too," he said, "if he was following you yesterday he planned on taking you as well. You're lucky you had someone with you."

Those words hit Xiao Xun hard... she began to blame herself... if only she was with Gui Gui a bit longer... or even stayed over last night... Gui Gui may not be missing right now. Xiao Xun bites her lower lips and take in a deep breath, "Gui Gui..." she says to herself, "please... please be ok.... please be ok."

Ya Lun heads out having Xiao Yu follow him.

"Ge (older brother)," Xiao Yu calls out as they were outside the police station, "let me go with you."

Ya Lun looked at his brother and shook his head, "no, this is dangerous. I'll take care of Gui Gui, you stay with them when you get news about Gui Gui call me."

Xiao Yu shook his head, "I won't let my love rival find her first." he said, "all's fair in love and war right?"

Ya Lun looked at him confused, "what are you implying?"

Xiao Yu sighs, "how about this... whoever finds Gui Gui first gets her."

Ya Lun sighs deeply, "Di (younger brother) this isn't time to play games--"

"This isn't a game," he said, "if love is a game I won't gamble to lose her. This is an opportunity to see who cares more about her safety, who wants to be with her more, I must win."

Ya Lun saw the determination in his little brother and just smiles lightly, "ok. Whoever finds her... gets her." He gets into his car and drives off, Xiao Yu heads in another direction.

Now it's time to find out, who has more love for Gui Gui.

~~~~~~~~
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Who do you think's going to find Gui Gui in the next chapter????????
COMMENT!