Chapter 7

Love Letters [part 2] (Sequel to Love and Life [part 1])

 

Ya Lun was walking behind Selina as she explored the streets of Taiwan. It was her first time here.

She rushed towards the gates of the amusement park, "hey it's open!"

Ya Lun looked at it and the memories rushed through his mind. The time he had kissed Gui Gui... he wondered if it would really remain a memory.

Selina rushed towards him and grabbed his arm, "ey let's go in."

He shook her off his arms and walked ahead.

Selina quickly followed him.

Gui Gui was walking in the other direction, she stopped as she heard the laughters coming from the other side of the fenced walls.

"Let's go in..." Selina whined as she she held onto Ya Lun.

He let out a faint breath and rolled his eyes, "it's late--"

"The sun's still out," Selina said, "please?"

Gui Gui watched, her eyes filled with tears.

Ya Lun turned away, Gui Gui met his eyes.

They stared at each other blankly. He saw her tears, so much he wanted to run to her just like the past, but the past is the past.

Selina saw him looking at her. She slowly let go of his arm, "is..." she said to him lightly, "that's her, isn't it?"

Gui Gui quickly turned around and ran off.

"Gui--"

Selina held onto his arm, stopping him from leaving.

He looked at her.

She looked at him deeply, "in two months..." she said, "I'm going to be your wife... you knew ever since you came to the US two years ago... these two years, still can't withstand your four months with her?"

Ya Lun sighs, "Selina..." he says lightly, "two years beside a person... doesn't match up with waiting... because while you're waiting for a person, everyday feels like a lifetime..." He moved her hands and ran after Gui Gui."

Selina stood there, her tears filled her eyes.

Jiro and Xiao Yu were walking by when Ya Lun ran past them.

"Ey!" Xiao Yu yelled out to him, but Ya Lun didn't stop.

Jiro looked ahead and saw Selina, "Xiao Yu, you better stop Ya Lun. I'll go comfort Selina." He then walked up to Selina and held her.

Xiao Yu ran after Ya Lun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xiao Xun is walking down the streets with nothing to do. Bored.

Gui Gui runs in her direction.

"Gui Gui!" Xiao Xun exclaims stopping her, "why are you running?"

Gui Gui looked back and saw Ya Lun, she shook her head, "I'm busy!" She then ran off.

"Ey! Gui--" Ya lun pushes Xiao Xun out of the way, causing her to fall onto the streets. A car is coming!

Xiao Yu quickly pulls her out of danger. Their faces came within inches from each other. An awkward silence.

"Are you ok?" Xiao Xun asks.

Xiao Yu laughs, "I should be asking you that."

Xiao Xun nods, "oh, just now I saw Gui Gui, I want to make sure she's ok--"

"I'll go with you," he said, "I also want to make sure she's ok..."

Both of them rushes after them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jiro and Selina are sitting on a bench outside of the amusement park. She was done wiping her tears.

Jiro looked at her lightly and then at the sky, "wah, the clouds are so pretty. They're like cotton candy... makes me wonder if they really do taste like cotton candy..."

Selina looked up as well, "clouds are just visible mass of droplets or frozen crystals suspended in the atmosphere above the surface of the Earth."

Jiro looked at her amazed and confused. He broke it off with a laugh, "I forgot. You have your ph.D in meteorology." He continues with a nervous chuckle but she wasn't amused. He changes the subject, "are you hungry?"

She didn't answer.

"uh, are you tired?"

No answer still.

"Do you want to go home?"

"Jiro," Selina finally talks, "I know that Ya Lun doesn't love me... this marriage was planned by our family."

"Don't say that," he said, "love takes time."

"Is it possible for him to love me within two months?" She asks lightly.

Jiro had no answer.

"I want to call off the wedding..." she says finally, "I want to make sure he loves me before I marry him..."

Jiro looks at her, a little sadden but agrees, "ok... it's your decision..."

Both of them looked back at the clouds.

Jiro laughs, "that's in the shape of an elephant!"

Selina sighs and lightly nods, "it's actually known as a cumulus."

Jiro just chuckles nervously, "oh... ok." He decided not to say anything anymore because it was awkward.

Selina then laughs, "it does look like an elephant though doesn't it?"

Jiro looked at her and laughed once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before Gui Gui could enter into her house, Ya Lun finally caught her. They looked at each other, a minute goes by and another.

Gui Gui finally knew, she wanted to know the truth, "why didn't you contact me?"

He looked at her, "I didn't think you would want me to..."

"Why would you think that?!" She cries, "why would you think I wouldn't want to know how you're doing?!"

"because..." he says lightly, "you didn't show up."

Gui Gui looked at him confused, "what do you mean I didn't show up?"

"two years ago, before I left for the US, you didn't show up..."

Gui Gui continued to cry, "I did." she said, "but I was too late... you didn't wait for me... You made me wait two years for you, only to find out you've moved on." She pushes him away, "do you know how long two years is?! One day is like a lifetime!"

Hearing her words, Ya Lun knew she too felt the same as he did.

"Leave!" Gui Gui screamed to the top of her lungs. Her voice was breaking as she cried, "I hate you!"

Ya Lun quickly embraced her... he kissed her.

Xiao Yu and Xiao Xun came upon that moment. Xiao Yu's eyes... changes.

Gui Gui pushes Ya Lun off and slaps him, "you're crazy!" She exclaims and runs into her house.

Xiao Xun rushes towards Gui Gui and follows her.

Ya Lun and Xiao Yu meet, eye to eye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~