Chapter 5

Love Letters [part 2] (Sequel to Love and Life [part 1])

 

Love Letter #1: Part 5

Gui Gui and Xiao Yu were taking a stroll, far away from the wedding. She wanted to cry but she held it all in.

Xiao Yu looked at her, "what's wrong?"

She didn't hear him, to the point where she was in her own world. Her mind just kept thinking of Ya Lun.

Xiao Yu sighs and continued on the road, "what's wrong? Are you not feeling well?"

She remain silent.

"Gui Gui?" He then stopped walking, but she kept on going. He watched in confusion. For some reason... he didn't follow her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gui Gui was sitting alone at the beach. She grew fond of this place... it was the first time for her to console to Ya Lun. This place was her favorite place.

The sun had set already, but there was a dim dawn.

She looked at the time on her cell phone and sighs.

6:30

Gui Gui looks at the lake and sighs, "the wedding should be over by now..." her tear stains were still visible.

"What are you doing here?"

Gui Gui quickly turns around.

Ya Lun faintly smiled to her and walks up to her.

Gui Gui, was losing her mind. She stood up quickly as he stood in front of her. Her eyes were swelling cause she was just done crying but now her eyes were tearing up again.

He had a smile like no other. "Miss me?"

Gui Gui just cried, but she held back. She took a step back and forces herself to say, "what are you doing here?"

He chuckles lightly, "why? I can't be here?"

She shakes her head, "you can't... you should be with Hebe... your wife--"

"Hebe and I didn't get married."

Gui Gui quickly looked at him, confused. "But the wedding--"

"Isn't my wedding," he laughs, "Hebe's getting married to my best friend."

Gui Gui's tears suddenly dries up.

Ya Lun slowly approaches her, "what were you thinking the whole time?"

Gui Gui slowly began to laugh at herself.

He then grabs onto her hand and smiles. "Gui Gui..." he says slowly leaning in towards her.

She anticipated for this moment for two years, now she can once again feel his lips on hers.

"Gui Gui."

Both of them turn around.

Xiao Yu ran up to her, "I was worried. Where did you go?"

Ya Lun let go of her hand and sighs, "Xiao Yu, where'd you go?"

He pants, "I was looking for her crazily..." He looked at Gui Gui, "where'd you go?"

She didn't know what to tell him.

Ya Lun forces a small smile and looks at his little brother, "ey, take better care of your girlfriend ok? If not... I might take her away from you." He then walks away.

Gui Gui kept her eyes on him. She was feeling hurt by his words, "girlfriend?" she thought to herself, "Ya Lun... am I nothing to you? Have you forgotten about me?"

Xiao Yu looked at her, "let's get you home, it's getting cold." He held her hand and took her the opposite direction of Ya Lun.

She didn't dare to look away, she was scared... scared he'll really disappear from her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~