Chapter 29

Love Letters [part 2] (Sequel to Love and Life [part 1])

 

THE LAST CHAPTER!!!

Xiao Xun, Gui Gui's mom, Wang Zi, Hebe, Calvin, along with Hebe and Wang Zi's mom enters into Gui Gui's hospital room.

Xiao Xun rushes towards Gui Gui who's sitting in her bed, "Gui Gui, look who came to see you."

Gui Gui doesn't look up at them.

Hebe comes beside Gui Gui's bed, "you're still the Gui Gui I know, running around," Hebe jokes, "becareful next time ok?"

Gui Gui still doesn't look at them.

Everyone looked at each other.

Xiao Xun touches Gui Gui's shoulders, "what's wrong Gui Gui?"

Her mom comes beside her and brushes her hair, "Gui Gui?" She looks at Wang Zi, "call the doctor in--"

"It's ok..." she finally speaks, "the doctor... can't heal my legs..."

All of them become silent... the secret they refused to tell her has been found out.

She finally looks at them, "even if the doctor comes in... I still can't walk." Everyone saw Gui Gui's teary expression and her red eyes. She continues to cry, "I actually... wanted to be able to walk to the church tomorrow..." her voice breaks, "and say goodbye to Ya Lun... but I can't even do that."

Everyone begins to cry as well.

Gui Gui sighs and when she looks out the window, a big snowfall occurs, "I'll be sitting here the whole winter... all of spring... who knows how long I'll be sitting here watching time pass by..." she sighs, "watching as the sun and moon dance in the sky... watching the flowers blossom and then whither away... but I'll still be sitting here watching them as they happily move about... I won't be able to catch ladybugs in the spring or even maybe in the summer..." she looks at her ladybug mittens that were on her hands. She cries, "these will forever remain my ladybugs..."

Wang Zi walks up to her, "Gui Gui."

She finally looks at him and frowns, "sorry Wang Zi... the prince can't rescue the princess anymore..."

He sighs as he holds out the ladybug stuff animal, "Xiao Yu left this here last night for you..."

Gui Gui cries once she sees it, she forces a smile and a small laughter, she takes it and sees the pink bow on it, "this is Pinky... where's Reddie?"

Wang Zi sighs, "Yan Ya Lun."

Hearing his name Gui Gui cries, "what's it doing with him?! He can't be my true love!" She starts breaking down, "return it to me... he can't be my true love..." everyone starts to comfort her except Wang Zi, because he knew he can't do anything for her anymore, her prince is no longer him, it hasn't been him for over two years now... all he can do is wish her 'goodluck'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone remains in their same position as Xiao Yu and Ya Lun look at each other.

Xiao Yu sighs, "Gui Gui... is at the hospital."

Ya Lun freaks out, "hospital? Why?"

Xiao Yu sighs and looks at Jiro and Selina, then back at Ya Lun, "she found out about your letters..." he pulls out a letter from his suit pocket, "and I have something to admit as well... something... no one knows." He sighs and hands the letter to Ya Lun.

He took one look at it, "Yan Ya Lun... Wu Gui Gui..." he looks at Xiao Yu shocked and confused, "this is dated August 24th."

Xiao Yu nods, "I knew about you liking Gui Gui since we were in the US."

Everyone becomes silent, shocked and confused.

Ya Lun looks at Xiao Yu, he's angry, but he remains clam, "why didn't you tell me?"

He sighs, "because I thought it would be a different girl... when we came to Taiwan, I purposefully told you I met my first love again, I purposedly wanted you to meet her just to find out... the girl we were waiting for was the same person." The look in his eyes were teary, "I knew the whole time, but I knew you wouldn't steal her from me... I just wanted to know how much you love her... it wasn't until Gui Gui was kidnapped that I realized how much you loved her... how much she loved you... at that moment I decided to let her go. When I lost my memories and I was in a coma, she constantly came and talked to me..." he begins to smile, "she mentions you a lot. Even if I remember now things won't change..." he pulls out from a seat the ladybug stuff animal, "this should be your half."

Ya Lun slowly reaches out for it, "how do you know about these?"

"Gui Gui told me..." he sighs, "I left hers at the hospital in her room... I don't think these two ladybugs should be apart for very long... you should go see her. And... give her... that letter..."

Ya Lun smiles, "thanks Di." He then ran out of the church and gets into his car. The sky has darkened, snow is falling... the two headlights on his car, lead the way to his love. As he's driving the letter is being read out.

~August 24th,
Dear Gui Gui...
last night I dreamt of you... you were wearing a white dress... walking towards me crying... when you stood in front of me you held me tightly and said to me 'where did you go? i thought you left me...' I then said to you 'sorry, did you wait long. i came back for you.' You cried as you held onto me. I can hear the sound of the waves... this scene made me remember the first time I held you. We were standing at the very same spot and you were crying just like last time as I hold you. I didn't want to wake up from my sleep. But... this is my last letter to you... and it's the 65th letter as well... you haven't replied to me at all during these two years... but you don't have to reply anymore... because I'm coming back to Taiwan, I'm coming back to be beside you, I promise I won't leave you anymore..."~

The snow continues to fall, it's a blizzard and with the dark sky, it's hard to see. As Ya Lun turns the corner, his car and another car were about to collide, he quickly turns his car wheel, his tires screeches as his car collides with another.

~(the letter's last sentence) "I'll be beside you forever... I Love You..."~

~(rough flashback of the kidnapping)
Gui Gui rushes over to Ya Lun and covers him, "don't hurt him!" she continues to cry.

Gui Gui continues to cry and begs him, "please!!! Let him go!! I'll marry you just let him go!!!"

He points the gun at Ya Lun, "say goodbye to Gui Gui," he says to Ya Lun, "say your last words!"

Ya Lun and Gui Gui looked at each other with tears in their eyes, Ya Lun was bleeding already. He had tears in his eyes as he looked at her. "I... I love you..."

Gui Gui was brawling her eyes out as the words linger in her heart. She just shook her head, she doesn't want this to be the last moment she'll see him again, no matter how she saw the situation, she had wish she was the one to die instead.

"I will only love you Gui Gui!" Ya Lun says painfully, "I'll prove it to you with my life."~

His car turns over, the ladybug, the letter, all turn over... Ya Lun is bleeding severely as he lays in the turned over car. He reaches slowly for the ladybug, the letter... and cries... "Gui Gui..." he says with his last breath, "wait... for... me..."

......silence......

(narrated by Gui Gui's voice)
"In the blink of an eye, winter has gone... spring has gone... summer has silently arrived. it's been 6 months already... Hebe and Calvin have moved back to the US and are expecting their first child, Hebe hopes it's a girl, but Calvin hopes it's a boy... Selina and Jiro have been together ever since and haven't departed, not even for a second... Ya Tou and Ah Wei have decided to get married as well, we should all take after them since they love each other whole heartedly... After graduation Xiao Xun also left, she went to France to pursue her dream of being a fashion designer, but she's not alone, Xiao Yu too left with her, they're living together in a cozy apartment... as for me, I only have two people beside me, my mom who is now married to the uncle who I was working for, he treats us good, it's nice to have a father in the picture again... and then there's Wang Zi. Ever since I couldn't walk he's been beside me, taking care of me, protecting me, but it's only temporarily because he too will leave me and go back to England once the summer is over... I have been in a wheelchair ever since... my ladybugs have never left me, they remained by my side never leaving me... but they haven't told me... who my true love was... was it Yan Ya Lun... no... it can't be him... because... he has left me... he has left me..."

Gui Gui is being pulled on the wheelchair, the beach is up ahead, the sun is just about to rise. A frown resides on her face as she holds onto a bouquet of flowers.

Wang Zi sighs as he looks at her, "once we reach the shores, you can have your time alone."

She nods.

Wang Zi looks out onto the beach, "are you sure you want to come here?"

She nods again, "did you know? This date... is the same date as the day Ya Lun left me over two years ago... he didn't even say bye... he never says bye."

Wang Zi remains silent. He pushes her wheelchair closer to the water and stops, "here..." he says, "I'll let you take your time..." he walks back.

Gui Gui looks at the bouquet of flowers and sighs as she places them onto the sand down below her... she looks at it silently and lets out a quick breath, "Yan Ya Lun..." she says lightly, "good luck..." She looks back at the water... slowly watching as the sun slowly rises. A little ladybug flys on by and lands right on her hand. She looks at it lightly...

~"they say if a ladybug lands on you, you'll be able to find your true love that day."~

Angrily she catches the ladybug and sighs as it remains in her hands.

"Don't lie to me..." she says, "my true love is gone..." she then lets go of it and watches as it fly away, she keeps looking at it as he flies off...

The ladybug lands onto his shirt.

She looks at him... tears fill her eyes, her heart begins to break, "Ya Lun?"

He slowly removes the ladybug and lets it fly away. He looks at Gui Gui as she sits in her wheelchair. He smiles to her, "I told you I won't leave you..."

She cries and struggles to get out of her wheelchair. She places her feet onto the sand and forces herself to stand. She's wearing a white dress as she stands a couple feet away from him...

Gui Gui's mom, her new dad, and Wang Zi are standing in the distance and start crying as they see her stand.

"This could be it..." her mom says crying, "she maybe able to walk again..."

Ya Lun walks towards her.

"Don't..." she calls out to him... "I want to be the one to walk to you..." she cries, "I don't want to leave you ever again..." Step by step she moves towards him, crying.

Ya Lun too is crying as he sees her inches from him.

She quickly holds onto him and cries as she held onto him tightly, "where did you go?! I thought you left me!"

He holds onto her as he cries, "sorry. Did you wait long?" He looks at her, "I came back for you."

Gui Gui cries as she holds onto his face, "it's really you... it's really you..."

Ya Lun holds onto her hands, "I won't leave you..." he told her, "I will only love you... I'll prove it to you with my life--"

"Don't say that," she cries even more, "just don't leave me... that's good enough to prove it to me..." she cries and continues to hold him, "Don't leave me... I love you, don't leave me..."

He shakes his head, "never... I love you." He slowly moves in and kisses her, just then the sun shines as it rises towards them.

~Love... is like a letter... you don't have to recieve it to know what love is, all you have to do is love whole heartedly and cherish it and that's good enough.~

THE END.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
THANKS FOR BEING COMMITTED TO MY STORY!!
Well now that Love Letter has finally ended I'm so happy!!!
I can finally get done with all the other ones...
but I'm also sooo sad.... it's really done... *relieved*
(^_^) YES!!!