Chapter 12

Love Letters [part 2] (Sequel to Love and Life [part 1])

 

a silent moment takes over as gui gui and ya lun stare at each other, both with different emotions.

ya lun looks at her, his eyes were soft yet sorrowful, "is this why i can't be with you?"

gui gui refuses to give in, "no matter what you say... xiao yu is right... i can never be yours..."

he looks at her and holds onto her shoulders quickly, "don't say such a thing--"

"this is the truth," gui gui says as her eyes starts to tear but she holds it in. She looks at Selina and the look in her eyes changes. gui gui looks back at ya lun, "you have her... you don't need me." She turns away and starts to head towards the back of the shop.

"Gui gui!" Ya lun yells out causing her to stop in her tracks. "You like me don't you?!"

That was the thing gui gui feared... rejecting someone she didn't want to reject. She remains silent.

"if you like me why can't you just say it?! If you didn't like me you wouldn't have waited those two years!"

"that's enough," xiao xun interrupts standing up to him, "if you truly cared about her why didn't you contact her during those two years? how come now that she's infront of you then you start to show that you care?!"

"xiao xun," gui gui says to her, "forget it. let's get to work." she walked into the back of the shop.

~~~~~~~~

selina is walking down the street, Ya lun infront of her, xiao yu in back of her. She looked at both of them and sighs. She was really confused at the thought of how a girl can come between them. she didn't know what to do should she confront them, should she just remain silent. her cell phone rings and she depressingly picks up, "hello?" It was jiro, "what? Double date?"

Jiro sat there with Ya Tou and Ah Wei as they were waiting for their orders.

"Uncle," Ya Tou says wearing a big smile, "is she pretty?"

Jiro looked at his niece and smiled, "why do you want to know?"

She just continued to smile, "but you kept bragging about her to me! I'm really anxious to meet her!"

He just continues to smile.

Ah Wei hands Ya Tou her drink, "here you go," he actually holds it for her, she was like a princess.

"Uncle," Ya Tou continues, "how long have you known her?"

He smiles, "ten years."

"Ten years?!" Ya Tou says outloud, "then how long have you liked her?"

He shook his head, "don't be fooled. We're just good friends."

Ah Wei chuckles lightly, "if you're just good friends why would you ask her to be your date today?"

Jiro continues to smile, "because she's the only girl I know in Taiwan."

"Then you know a lot of girls?" Ya Tou questions loudly once again.

He shook his head, "not that way. Just friends."

Selina enters into the cafe and is greeted by the laughter of Jiro, she walked towards them, "am I late?"

Jiro looked at her and the look in his eyes changes, he shook his head, "of course not."

Ya Tou looked at her and smiles, "wah you're so pretty! I'm Ya Tou, Jiro's niece."

Selina smiles back, "I'm Selina."

Ah Wei looked at her and was surprised, "ey president!"

Selina looked at him a little confused, "you are?"

"I'm Ah Wei," he says standing up to greet her, "I'm a part-time worker at the science and art museum."

Selina just smiles as she sits down next to Jiro.

Ya Tou looked at Selina amazed, "wah, at such a young age you're already a president!"

Selina shook her head, "no, people who work there calls me that, it's a nickname."

"Nickname?" Ah Wei questions, "I really thought you were the president but you're not?"

Selina shook her head, "actually my grandpa is the president, every just thinks I'll be inheiriting the place, so they started calling me president."

Jiro was surprised as well, "you're father owns a museum, how come you didn't tell me."

She looked down at the glass of water in front of her, "it's nothing important."

"Nothing important?!" Ya Tou says confused, "that's something to be proud of, if my parents were the president of a highly known museum I would be estatic and bragging it to everyone!"

Selina remains silent.

Jiro noticed the weird aura around her as they started to mention about her family, in all the years knowing her, he has never seen her this way before.

~~~~~~

Gui Gui is racking up the clothes, silently she's trying not to think about anything or anyone.

Xiao Xun is working across the room, but she can't help but notice Gui Gui being down, the boss too was worried about Gui Gui and the conflict between his two nephews.

He leans in to whisper to Xiao Xun, "ey, what exactly is going on? I'm really confused."

Xiao Xun sighs, "your nephews are fighting for her lonesome heart right now... it's a cold war."

"Are you serious?!" He asks loudly.

Xiao Xun hushes him and then sighs once more, "Gui Gui's really confused in this matter... first she has Ya Lun, the man to change her heart and affection so tenderly but left with another girl, then comes back with another girl... then there's Xiao Yu, her first love who left her 11 years ago without a goodbye then comes back for her..." she looks at him, "what kind of gene runs in your blood?"

"my two nephews... Gui Gui? Wah, they really do have the same taste in everything! But you can't blame our blood, it's their probelm."

Xiao Xun looked at him seriously, "is this some kind of game? Did they plan this to ruin her?"

He was frustrated as well. "It must be tough on her... it's a good thing I kicked them out of the store."

Xiao Xun crossed her arms and looked at Gui Gui with a frown, "she has some love life... if only Wang Zi was here... He would definitely bring her hopes up." It then hit her, "Wang Zi!" She looked at him and smiles, "I know how to make things better!" She then quickly takes out her phone and dials a number.

He looked at her confused.

~~~~~~

"Where are we going?" Gui Gui asks as Xiao Xun pulled her, "I really want to go home."

Once they reached half way between Gui Gui's house and Xiao Xun's house she finally let go and smiled.

"Ey Gui Gui, becareful when going home ok!" She wore a big smile, "oh yeah and pick up your phone! Bye bye!" She then ran off.

Gui Gui was confused on Xiao Xun's behavior but she continued home, before she could even get far her phone rings. She picks up, "hello?"

"Walking home alone?" He questions.

She was silent and tears well up in her eyes.

"Why are you so quiet?" He asks, "will you let me walk you home?"

She took in a deep breath and began to smile, "you finally called."

He laughs from the other line, "sorry, I promise I'll call you more now a days... are you ok?"

Gui Gui lets out a deep breath and a frown, "I know you called me because Xiao Xun told you to right? What did she tell you? I'm ok."

"Ey, because your name is Gui Gui (Ghost) doesn't mean no one can see that frown on your face." He teased, "my name is Wang Zi (Prince), I should always come to the rescue right? Always come and rescue the princess from the evil villian."

She lets out a deep breath, "ok, my prince, walk me home then." She then continues on home with a smile on her face.

"Did he finally come back for you?" Wang Zi asks, "is your waiting done?"

"Even if he came back for me and my waiting is over it doesn't mean things will end happily ever after." She says lightly to him, "he has a girlfriend now."

"A girlfriend? He didn't wait for you?"

She lets out another breath, "it doesn't matter if he waited or not... what matters is whether things will still be the same... but it won't be."

"Why? Are you refusing him?"

She stops in her tracks, having to think of the answer in her heart, but she too couldn't find it.

"What did he do wrong?" Wang Zi asks, "did he betray you?"

Gui Gui remembers his answer to that question already.

~"it doesn't matter," ya lun says, "i never intended on marrying her. you two are the ones forcing me."~

She knew he didn't want to marry Selina, so what was it hiding in her heart.

"Gui Gui, does he still like you?"

She knew the answer, "he does..." she says lightly, "but--"

"You like him, so what are you waiting for?"

She pauses again to think for the answer, it was on the tip of her tongue, she knew she had to say it, "I need him to show me."

"Show you? Show you what?"

"I need him to show me how much he likes me," she says, "but even if he shows me... I still can't accept him." She lets out a desperate breath, "my heart is no longer a home for someone to take shelter in and then leave me once the rain is gone. Wang Zi, you should understand... he's already left... the person that returned... isn't the same person... but another person wearing a mask..." She pauses as her eyes began to tear up, "the Yan Ya Lun that left two years ago... was a silent person, an annoying fly that I wish would just go away... but after that annoying fly disappeared, I wanted it to come back..." she cries, "I'm not patient enough to wait for someone that won't come back. I've decided to move on... to forget about him... but the more I think about him, the more heart broken I become. The memories are no longer the happy memories... but the sad ones."

"Gui Gui are you stupid? Why are you making it so hard on yourself? If you want to be with him so bad, don't let him leave you again do you hear me?"

"I--"

Someone from behind grabs her, covers and holds a knife to her neck.

~~~~~~~