Chapter 16

Love Letters [part 2] (Sequel to Love and Life [part 1])

 

Ya Lun turns away.

"Please think about this question," Xiao Xun continues, "I really don't want to ask you, but you must think about it. I'm not choosing sides, I'm doing what I think is best. Although right now, the one in Gui Gui's heart is you... you're going to get married. Right now Xiao Yu is in a coma, we all wish he could awake from it... but if I were Xiao Yu I wouldn't want to wake up from it at all."

Ya Lun faces her suddenly.

"If I were Xiao Yu and I was in a coma it's better than waking up because even after saving your brother's life, he still takes away the girl in his heart." Xiao Xun sighs, "I'm sorry... but please think about it."

After hearing her words, Ya Lun then walks away.

~~~~~~~~~

Selina and Jiro are at a gift shop buying things for Gui Gui and Xiao Yu.

Jiro looked at her and sighs as they leave the shop, she had a long expression, "are you ok?"

Selina nods, "yeah."

Jiro forces a smile. He looked at her and noticed she was holding a gift bag, "is that for Gui Gui?"

Selina looks at him and puts it on the other side, "yeah."

Jiro just smiles, "you must've brought her something nice, like a good luck charm, or even pepper spray. It may be very usefull."

Selina looked at him and sighs, "it's not funny."

He nods and looked ahead.

Selina continues to sigh, "I'm just shocked that something like this had happened. I mean you hear about it on the news and stuff, but once it happens to someone you know you have the feeling... that scared feeling."

Jiro nods, "I know that's why we feel thankful that nothing bad happened, and that those bad guys are locked up." He looks at her and sees her expression, he changes the subject, "so, what about your wedding? Is it still happening?"

Selina's expression worsens. She let's out another sigh, "for some reason I just can't cancel it or even postpone it. I'm really going to marry someone who doesn't love me."

Jiro looked at her, "so you're really going to marry him?"

"I have no choice, unlikely if he tells me he wants to marry me then I'll marry him." Selina let's out another desperate breath, "this is so annoying."

Jiro was really confused, "but I thought you always wanted to marry him."

"I do, I really do want to marry him... but would you marry someone who doesn't love you or even marry someone you don't love?"

Jiro thought about it, "if they were nice looking sure."

"Jiro I'm being serious here," she whines, "this is getting on my nerve."

"ok," he finally answers her, "just do as what your heart tells you to. Even if he doesn't want to marry you, marry him."

Selina looked at him, "seriously?"

He nodded.

She just lets out another sigh.

~~~~~~~~~

"I'm here!" Ya Tou says cheerfully entering the hospital room where Gui Gui resides, Ah Wei was carrying the gifts. She rushes beside Gui Gui who was on the bed, "I'm here!"

Gui Gui faintly smiles, "finally you come."

"Did you wait long? It was all Ah Wei's fault, after what happened to you he becomes all worried about wherever we go." She took a look around, "where's your mom?"

"She had to go back to work," Gui Gui says lightly, "but she'll be back in the morning to pick me up."

"Then you're going to stay alone tonight in the hospital?"

Gui Gui nods.

"Aren't you scared?" Ah Wei asks, "hospitals are scary."

Gui Gui chuckles at them, "only you two would be afraid."

Xiao Xun comes back with Gui Gui's lunch, "I'll be here tonight."

Ya Tou helps Xiao Xun and places the food on the table.

"But we have school tomorrow," Ah Wei complains.

"The semester's over anyway," she says, "and it's my last year so I can slack off unlike you guys."

Ya Tou lightly chuckles, "I forgot that you were so old!" she jokes.

"How dare you call me old!" Xiao Xun says chasing Ya Tou around the room.

Gui Gui laughs as Ah Wei tries to protect Ya Tou and gets knocked over by Xiao Xun.

Jiro and Selina then enters into the hospital room.

"Wah, this is a party!" Jiro says jokingly, "where's our food?"

Ya Tou laughs, "uncle, this isn't a party. It's just Gui Gui's lunch."

Selina then places her gift on the table as well, "sorry, my gift's a little out dated."

Gui Gui shook her head, "it's ok, all gifts are welcome, it's like my birthday today," she says jokingly.

Ya Tou rushes with hers, "open mine first!"

Ah Wei rushes next to them.

Selina looks at her gift and then sighs as she heads out.

~~~~~~~~~

Selina enters into Xiao Yu's room, half heartbroken but enough to bring tears to her. She walks up to him and sits next to him. Seeing him in this state would bring her to tears.

"You're like my little brother so can I ask you, am I doing the right thing?" Tears began to fall from her eyes, "am I doing the right thing?" she cries to him, telling of her secrets, of her dark past... something no one would know but the unconcious Xiao Yu.

~~~~~~~~~