Chapter 22

Love Letters [part 2] (Sequel to Love and Life [part 1])

 

The doctor is examining him again with everyone in the room.

"What's happened to him doctor," Gui Gui asks, "why does he only remember me?"

He sighs, "we don't know, we'll have to do scans on him. But this is very uncommon. He must have happy memories with you, some things he's not willing to forget."

Once Ya Lun hears it, he becomes distraught... Gui Gui was indeed very very very important to Xiao Yu. Out of dozens of people to remember, Xiao Yu only remembers Gui Gui.

Xiao Yu looks at Gui Gui and continues to smile.

"We'll have a nurse come fetch him in a couple minutes," the doctor then left.

Everyone looked at Xiao Yu a little strange.

Gui Gui looked at Xiao Yu and spoke to him softly, "you... you remember what happened right? You do remember why you're here?"

Xiao Yu shook his head and held onto his hand, "what happened?"

Gui Gui doesn't pull away, it was the wrong thing to do especially at this time. She shakes her head, "the one who's hurt is you. Do you still have pains?"

He shook his head, "seeing you is enough to make me well."

Ya Lun looked at his brother. He suddenly remembers, if Xiao Yu lost his memories... and he has forgotten his brother, does that mean he's forgotten that Ya Lun also likes Gui Gui.

"Xiao Yu, make sure you take lots of naps," Gui Gui says, "you mustn't wear yourself out."

He just smiles.

Xiao Xun sighs, "Xiao Yu... you really don't remember us?"

He looked at her, something hits him, a familiar face, a familiar smile... but shakes it off.

"What's wrong?" Gui Gui asks seriously, "I'll go get the doctor--" before she could even leave his side Xiao Yu holds onto her hand and forces her to stay.

"Don't leave me..." he says as tears well up in his eyes, "don't leave me."

Gui Gui shook her head and remains beside him, "I won't leave you."

Those words... haunts Ya Lun as he sees them together. He sees Gui Gui hold onto his hand, caressing it gently. He backs away and rushes out of the room, a little jealous, a little angry, a little sad.

Xiao Xun rushed out towards him, "Ya Lun!"

He turns around and looks at her.

She sighs, "do you remember what I told you last time?"

Ya Lun looked at her, "I've made my decision..." he says to her, "take care of Gui Gui."

Xiao Xun lightly nods, before he could leave she inputs, "today is Gui Gui's birthday. I hope you can give her a memorable birthday present."

After her words, he leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~

Selina is looking at the blank wall where Ya Lun's exhibition will be hold. She takes in a deep breath and looks through the paper work that Ya Lun had left for her to examine. She sighs just thinking about him and Gui Gui.

"What are you doing here?"

She turns around and sees Hebe. She smiles brightly, "you're back!"

Hebe walks up to her and takes a look at the wall, "wah... this is some art... invisible."

Selina laughs, "this is for Ya Lun's exhibit. We're getting it prepared for him."

"Ya Lun's exhibit? When did he become famous?" She jokes, "I wasn't gone that long was I?"

Selina begins to frown, "actually..." she pauses, "you've missed out on a lot of things." She puts away the paperwork, "Xiao Yu's in the hospital."

Hebe looked at her a little confused, "Xiao Yu? What happened?"

"He was being a hero and blocked a bullet for Ya Lun, he just woke up today."

"A bullet? What on earth happened? Why is there a bullet involved?"

Selina sighs again, "Gui Gui was kidnapped, they went to rescue her from a psychopath."

"Gui Gui was kidnapped? Is she ok?"

Selina nods. "But cause of this mishap... Xiao Yu lost his memories."

Hebe was surprised, "lost his memories? So he doesn't remember anything?"

Selina shook her head, "he remembers something... he remembers Gui Gui."

"Gui Gui?"

Selina sighs, "I don't think you know... but Xiao Yu also likes Gui Gui... the two brothers are at war. Right now the odds are even out... with Xiao Yu in this condition he has Gui Gui beside him 24/7. Ya Lun hasn't even seen Gui Gui... I don't know why."

Hebe was seriously confused, "this is bad." She quickly takes out her phone and dials a number, "Ey, it's me!"

~~~~~~~~~~

Xiao Yu is alone in the room, holding onto the music box that is being played.

Gui Gui slowly enters into the room with his dinner. She looks at the music box in his hand and approaches him, "what are you doing?"

He looked at her and lightly smiles, "you still have this?"

She sets the tray on the table and sits down next to him, she slowly took it away from him and smiles, "how can I lose this? It was one of the best presents I ever had and... it was the last thing you gave me before you left."

"We were only nine then." He starts recalling their childhood memories, "it was like everyday we would be together, I told myself that you were the girl of my dreams... I never wanted to leave you."

Gui Gui's smile begins to fade, "sounds like someone I know." She sighs, "but even though we were just kids then, it wasn't even long before we were separated."

Xiao Yu looked at her, "we were separated?"

She nodded, "11 years."

He seemed confused, "11 years?"

Gui Gui sighs, "you left without a word and returned when I least expected... you give me many surprises Xiao Yu." She lightly places the music box on the table as well, "I always thought you would never return so I never wanted to remember you, so I never talked about you ever again... but now, I can smile every time I talk about you because we have good memories together."

Xiao Yu smiles at her.

Gui Gui then sighs as she looked at him again, "it's late, I have to go now."

"Gui Gui..." he says before she left the room, "you'll come back and see me tomorrow right?"

She looked at him and smiles, "of course. Good night." She then left the hospital room, leaving Xiao Yu in a confused dazed, thinking, wondering who he really was.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Gui Gui's walking home, a figure appears before her and approaches her. She looks at him alittle nervous.

Ya Lun sighs, "how's Xiao Yu?"

She looks away, "he's fine."

Ya Lun nods, "that's good."

Gui Gui looked at him and sighs as well, "are you ok? I never asked you ever since the incident."

"I'm ok now," he says and then looks at her state, she didn't even have mittens on. He holds out a bag, "here."

She looked at it, "what?"

"Mittens," he told her, "you have to take care of yourself too, not just Xiao Yu."

Gui Gui takes them out, they're designed red with black dots just like ladybugs. She smiles to him, "ladybugs... do you remember the meaning?"

He lightly smiles, "of course, ladybugs mean luck. This is my birthday gift to you."

Gui Gui looked at him, "you know today's my birthday?"

He tried not to tell her that it was Xiao Xun who told him, he nods lightly, "I kind of realized it because of the decorations in Xiao Yu's hospital room. Why wasn't I invited?"

The look in Gui Gui's eyes changes. She lightly looks down, "I thought you might not want to come--"

"Of course I want to come," he interrupts her.

She looked at him again, "then... I'll invite you next time."

He looked at the time on his watch and smiles to her for the first time in a long time, "it's only 7:30... how about you spend the rest of the day with me and it'll make up for not inviting me."

Gui Gui looked at him, "are you serious?"

Ya Lun nods, "of course." He grabs her hand and smiles cheerfully, "let's go!" Before Gui Gui could even refuse he already takes her.

~~~~~~~~~

Gui Gui and Ya Lun are at an arcade, they're going head to head on many things, such as basketball, dance dance revolution, and some minor games. It's as if all the worries of the past had disappeared, this moment was their moment.

They sat at a restaurant, Gui Gui's having a cup of warm coffee and smiles brightly at Ya Lun.

The smile on his face was priceless as he looked at her.

She blushes lightly, this was the Ya Lun she was so use to, it was as if in one day the Ya Lun she's been waiting for has appeared again.

"What are you looking at?" He asks her, "don't tell me you're going to accept me as your boyfriend."

She pouts at him and looks away.

Ya Lun laughs, "I'm just kidding." He then smiles to her and looks at the ladybug mittens and smiles, "ladybugs mean luck... do you know why?"

She looked at him again, "why?"

"Because, they say if a ladybug lands on you, your love has come."

Gui Gui's eyes start to lessen, a feeling of trust and happiness surrounds her.

Ya Lun holds her hands and shows the mittens to her once more, "that way whenever you wear this your love will always be beside you." He faintly smiles, "like what that guy said if you catch a ladybug and let it go, it'll fly to your true love and whisper your name he will then fly to you. Sometimes, I wonder when that ladybug will come to you."

She looked at him, "come to me?"

He nods and places the her hands, which were wearing the ladybug mittens, on her ears. From the look of what he was doing, it was as if a ladybug was whispering in her ears.

Gui Gui looked at him confused.

Silence overtakes them as Ya Lun looks at her, the feeling in his eyes changes from happiness to remorse.

"Gui Gui..." he says to her even though she couldn't hear him, "I'm sorry."

She tries to push his hands away so she wouldn't be covering her ears, but he kept firm not wanting her to hear what he had to say.

Tears form at the corner of his eyes as he looked at her, "I love you..." he says light enough so she can't hear, "I love you..."

Gui Gui finally pushes his hands off, but he looks at her and holds in his tears.

He smiles and looks at the time, "it's almost 12..." he says her, "happy birthday." He gets up and leaves her.

Gui Gui watches as he walks away. Her heart began to break, she sees leave her silently... she couldn't help it, she didn't want him to leave her ever again. She gets up and runs after him.

"Yan Ya Lun!" She calls out stopping him in his tracks as the snow gently falls onto the world. Time stands still... their last moments.

He faces her with no facial expression, his voice keen as he lets out a sigh, "I'm getting married."

Gui Gui rushes to him, broken as she holds onto his arm, "what are you saying?"

He looks at her, "I'm getting married to Selina... please give me your blessings."

Gui Gui looks at him, tears fall from her eyes endlessly as she whimpers to him, "you're lying!" She cries, "why are you lying to me?! Why?!"

He pushes her away, refusing to look at her and sighs. "Xiao Yu needs you," he tells her, "he loves you more than I do..." His voice becomes shaky, "those mittens are my blessing to you and Xiao Yu."

She refused, "Ya Lun..."

"You were right... I can never have you." He says as his tears falls, "I can never have you... I can't be with you, I can't love you."

Gui Gui continues to cry, her heart breaks as she holds onto him, "don't leave me..." she cries, "don't leave me..."

Ya Lun takes in a deep breath and sighs as he pulls her away, "this is our final goodbye..." he told her, "Gui Gui..."

She looks at him, her teary expression refuses to let him go of his hand.

He sighs, "this is our last memory together... goodbye." He turns away, slowly leaving her as her hand holds onto him, but it wasn't strong enough to stop him. Her small hands loses grip of his, in a matter of just the blink of an eye, he was gone.

Gui Gui looks at the snowy, empty streets as she continues to cry. "Ya Lun..." she continues to cry, "Ya Lun..." As she falls to her knees and cries out his name, the ladybug mittens was his final words to her telling her, 'goodluck my love...'.

~~~~~~~~~~
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
OH GOD!!!
I'M CRYING!!!!
THIS IS NOT THE END! PLEASE DON'T LET IT BE THE END!!!
&DON'T HATE ME PLEASE~~~~~