Chapter 20

Love Letters [part 2] (Sequel to Love and Life [part 1])

 

Ya Lun is at the exhibition that he is now working on.

Selina's grandpa is there over looking Ya Lun's plan. He sighs, "Selina is such a poor artist. It's not even an exhibition, it's a wall."

Ya Lun just smiles, "I will turn this into an exhibition." He says confidently. Even though his brother has been in a coma for two weeks now and he hasn't seen Gui Gui since she's left the hospital, he knew he had to do something for himself as well. It was the only way to get things out of his mind so he could focus on something else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The wet snow on the hospital floor leaves a trail of two footprints, these footprints lead to a girl walking into the same room she enters everyday. She sits beside him and holds his hand lightly as she would tell him of her day. Even in his unconciousness, he doesn't get bored of her talking, because to him this was heaven.

"Xiao Yu, do you know what's tomorrow?" Gui Gui asks, "it's the biggest event of the year, if you forget I won't forgive you." She pauses as she smiles, "it's my birthday, I know you won't forget. I even brought you something," she takes out the music box from her back pack and turns the dial. It plays the music as she sets it on the table next to him, "this was the last present I recieved from you... in the last 11 years you haven't given me anything... so I've come to make my wish..." She continues to hold his hand, "my wish... is for you to wake up... this will be the best birthday gift anyone else has given me..." she sighs, "it'll make up for the last 11 years."

As he lays there, Gui Gui leans in towards him and grooms his hair to the side, she lightly laughs.

"When's the last time you've taken a shower?" She jokes, "don't you want to take a shower?" She then continues on with telling him about her day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xiao Xun is alone working at the shop. Ya Tou and Ah Wei are shopping there as well.

"She quit her job?" Ah Wei was shocked.

Xiao Xun nods, "she's too busy taking care of Xiao Yu, how else could she manage doing that and this at the same time?"

Ah Wei thought about it, "I know! Move Xiao Yu into the shop!"

Ya Tou looked at her boyfriend idiotically, "ey Ah Wei, are you going to buy something? Go look over there then!" She pushes him away and rushes over to Xiao Xun, "don't tell me this is the final decision."

"What final decision?"

"Of Gui Gui's love life!" Ya Tou says gleefully, "I mean is she choosing Xiao Yu then?!"

Xiao Xun continues to work and decides not to answer.

Ya Tou thought about it, "in the end she gets the one in her heart in the beginning but disappears then comes back 11 years later?! Is that even fair?"

Xiao Xun sighs, "it doesn't matter what's fair and what's not fair. what matters is who's willing to remain by your side."

Ah Wei then rushes towards Ya Tou, "I have what I want."

She looked at it, "it doesn't match me. Go choose something else." She chases him off again.

Xiao Xun sighs, "will you two hurry up? I don't want to stay late to close the shop."

'Why not?"

"I want to go shopping too. Tomorrow is Gui Gui's birthday."

"I forgot!" Ya Tou says quickly searching around the store.

Xiao Xun sighs and continues to work, "but..." she thought to herself, "what should I give her this year?"

As she's closing the shop, a person approaches her.

Xiao Xun quickly turns around, her fist ready, but he catches it.

"Ey what are you trying to do?"

She lets out a deep breath, "it's just you Jiro, what are you trying to do scare me?"

He shook his head, "no, this is for you."

Xiao Xun looked at it, it was a regular box, no special decoration, no special note, nothing. "Why are you giving this to me?"

He sighs, "cause I can't do it. So I need you to give this to her tomorrow."

Xiao Xun was confused, "tomorrow? Oh this is your present for her birthday? Ok, I'll give it to her." She says taking the box, "you know people wrap their gifts." She then takes a small peek at it and gets struck with stupidity.

He looked at her, "what?"

She looked at him a little confused, "it's a birthday present, what do you want Gui Gui to do with these? They're letters."

~~~~~~~~~~~~