29: Thanks

Things Happen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaein is now going back to work after being at home for nearly a month to be exact. He then figured out than the donor was Elle. He don’t want to hurt anyone as he know how much the pain of hurting. He knew that Elle loved him, but he’s not. He never was. Elle was a good girl, she’s great. She’s smart, funny and everything she did make everyone fall for her but not Jaein. Jaein felt sorry as he found out that Elle never fall for anyone except him. She’s willing to wait for him.

Jaein was currently at States as he was on business trip with his board of directors. He supposed to be back after 4 days being there but he extend the period as he wanted to thank Elle for helping him, no saved him. It’s nothing compared to what he’d done to her. Although it may sounds like he’s cheating behind his wife, but his inner intention was to at least thank his donor. He would have been die if she wasn’t there.

 

San Francisco General Hospital

Elle is a paediatrician. She loves kids and babies so much that she decide to work as one. Although she was an actress before, where she never know she’ll be a doctor now, she’s still Elle. The Elle that always smile, always cheerful whenever, wherever she is.

 

Elle’s POV

On my way to my favourite patient ward, I saw a silhouette passed by the corridor. He was wandering around as he was searching for someone.

“Excuse me sir. What can I do for you?” I asked as I tapped his shoulder.

He turned around and I saw the face that I very longed. Which will never be mine. Sung Jaein, my first and last love.

“Finally! I met you! I was searching for you the whole hospital! Are you free now? Let’s lunch together. My treat.” He said with his angelic smile then held my hand lead me out of the corridor.

“Hey Jaein! I need to check on my patient. I’m a paediatrician, remember?” I rolled my eyes then he loosen the grip of our hands.

“Ah, right! Okay, let’s go!” He said in loud voice that made the nurses startled a bit. He’s so loud.(-_-)

“Are you dumb or something? Did you knocked onto something hard before coming here? I said I need to check on my patient…” I restated my statement precisely.

“Yeah, I know. So let’s go. I’ll join you to check on your patient. Okay?” He make a peace sign. Wow, the sign that I always do. Maybe because some of my blood in him. I hope he doesn’t turn to be feminine later.

“I thought you’re a CEO of a company. You seem so idle unlike other CEOs.”

“I was fired. How can I continue to be a CEO if I’m always had to be at hospital? Hahaha!” He giggled with flashing me his eye smile.

“Okay, okay. I’m here for business trip actually. As I’ve finished the meeting, I thought of meeting you.” He explained.

What? He wanted to meet me? Don’t give me false hope Jaein. I’m tired of this. Stop being nice to me, I might fall for you even harder. And it will hurt me later. Why am I hurting alone?

.

.

.

“So how’s your health? You’re getting better?” I asked him while chopping the sirloin steak that we always had back then.

“Better, I may say. Thanks to you. I’m so thankful. I don’t how will I repay your kindness. You saved me. Or else I won’t be here.” He wore a straight face as he said that.

“Hey, that’s what friends do, right? But, you meant more than that to me. And your blood type is so rare you know? How can I let my friend die like that? My first love, I may say. And you ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter