24 : Me, You, Us

Things Happen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sung Jaein POV

“ Mian, mianhae, I’m wrong. I’m so sorry..” I said to her. Then I kneel down and I take out a crystal box of ring. “ I-I want to give you this ring as the symbol of our love. Although I’m, you know someone else fiancé, I want you to know that I never loved anyone other than you. You’re my first and I want you to be my last, the last person that I ever loved. I never thought I’d love you so much. I love everything you hate about yourself. And because sometimes there is no next time, no time-outs, no second chances, sometimes it’s now or never. I’m gonna say it now. I’ve seen you at your worst and I still think you’re the best. When you shine, I become a light. I liked you from the start. I’m a fool, a fool that only sees you. Without you, I’ll die., … will you marry me?”

“ What exactly are you doing, Jaein? You think it is funny, do you? You simply proposed me as your wife, when actually you’re someone else fiancé? What do you think they’ll think of me then? This is not happening Jaein! For real! Don’t do this abruptly! You did this just because of me, right? Out of sympathy? You thought that I will not make through this fu**king cancer, right?! That’s why you proposed me? You want me to feel how it’s like to be proposed? That’s so selfish of you.. I don’t know what’s in your head right now, but you’re likely not yourself. That hurts me. This is not the Jaein that I know. “ she went closer to me and kept smacking my chest until she got tired from doing so.

She’s sobbing while hugging me and my shirt was soaked with her tears. And I couldn’t do anything about it. I even couldn’t say anything that moment. I became completely numb with her words earlier. I would say that I never like seeing her cry, I never was.

“ Mianhae.. jeongmal mianhaeseo. I didn’t think that far. I messed up the whole date, I made you cry, and my shirt got soaked with your precious tears. I’m sorry. I“ I kissed her lips. Slowly she replied, and then she broke the kiss.

“ We don’t need a marriage to prove our love. I’m happy even if we’re not married because I know how much you love me. You always were. And even if after you’re married with her, you will still love me, right? But it’s fine if you start to love her, she’s gonna be your wife. I don’t mind.”

“ But I do. I do mind. I won’t love anyone other than Bae Irene Joohyun.”

“ Don’t say that. I want you to take a good care of her. Be a good husband later.”

“ You’re kidding. Right? You said you love me? y-you said you … love me.” I couldn’t help but to drop into tears. “How could you asked someone you love to love another girl. And the point is, she’s someone else girl. She will never love me.. and me too. I won’t love her.”

“ I’m not going to live for any longer. I want you to promise me to love her as much as you love me. Now, since I don’t have much time, we must cherish every second we get. Maybe, this was the last chance for us …..” she haven’t finished talking yet and I cut her with a kiss. The deep one. Not so passionate, not tough, not so rough but enough to show how much I love her. While my tears keep falling so as hers, I don’t mind to taste our tears. I cut her words because I don’t want her to say and I don’t to hear that this is our last meeting, our last date and the last kiss. I caress her pale face as I kissed her deeper. She placed her hands on my shoulder and broke the kiss as she had to catch her breath.

.

.

.

.

“ I want to take you to another place. Can I?” I asked as I grabbed her hand softly. “ Of course, oppa.” She grinned. “ Since when did you call me oppa? That’s so unusual.. you always called me Jaein..” she then pouted as I said that. She then pinched me and said “ Always wanted to call you that, but I save it for today.” I smiled and gestured her to hop on my back as we want to climb down the hill.

I sent a text to Shawn to tell him we’re on our way there, so that those three musketeers could prepare for the best.

“ A church? Why?” she asked. “ I want to see how beautiful you are when you walked down the aisle.” I replied as I waved towards them, and Dahyun quickly took Joohyun’s hand and vanished to the change room. As for me, those two monkeys (Shawn and Joshua) dragged me to change into suit. Shawn help me to style my hair while Joshua practically help me with the bowtie. And so both of them were in suits.

 

Bae Joohyun POV

I was crying out of happiness when I saw myself in my ‘wedding’ dress. He chose this dress Dahyun said. Now I know why Dahyun secretly rummaged my closet the last time she came here. And guess what, one of my dress went missing. That was hers doing.

“ He proposed my just now, Dahyun-ah.. and I did scolded him, hit him hard.. Now, seeing myself in this dress, I couldn’t thank him more. He had done so much for me.. As for me, I just know to blame him, scold him, throwing tantrum whenever I like. And he didn’t even blame me once. He want my dream to come true. I did said I want to get married here, at Daegu. At this church. He remember every single thing I said. I don’t deserve him, Dahyun-ah…” I broke into tears as Dahyun went closer and gave me a hug.

“ You know, Jaein is the one who you don’t deserve. You deserve someone better. He’s a spoil brat by our grandparents. He’s not as handsome as my Joshua.” Dahyun remarks makes me hit her arm. “ Yah, my boyfriend who name is Jaein is handsome than your Joshua!” then both of us let out a big laugh. “Joohyunnie, I love you. You’re my best friend. And, I want the best for you. He’s the best that I could say, for now. If you’re happy, I’m happy too. And I want you to know, I would do anything for him. And for you. Now, let’s get married to those monkeys. Hahaha” we both laugh our heads off.

Until Shawn came in. “ Oh My God! My Joohyun, I mean Irene, ah what ever your got so many names… You’re so angel. Dahyun don’t correct my grammar.. You look like an angel… Oh, btw, I’m here as your Fairy God Father. As we’re doing this just for, you know, umm mock wedding, which was from  Jaein’s brain, ah, he said he wanted to see you walk down the aisle so much. And he couldn’t wait until he’s contract marriage with his fiancé ends. So, now I’m gonna be your father for like a half an hour. What ever it is, aigooo.. uri Hyunnie, yeppeudaa!! Appa is so proud of you..” Shawn gave me a fatherly smile. And both of us threw him a ‘what-the-hell’ face.

“Joohyunnie, let’s go meet your Jaein!” Shawn said happily.

 

Sung Jaein POV

I saw Joohyun walked hand in hand with Shawn who acted as her father. He even wore spectacles to absorbed into his acting although it’s gonna be just about 30 minutes or less. In the end, he’ll hand her to me too, right?

I saw her in the white flowing dress that I’ve bought and specially designed by myself. She’s like an angel. “ Baby, are hurt anywhere?” I asked. She looked at me and gave me a ‘why’ face. “ Because you just fall from heaven, my angel.” Yup, my first ever pick-up line for her. Joshua was already took off his shoe to throw towards me while Dahyun just face palmed herself. Shawn was quite shock upon hearing my cheesy remark. And Joohyun just blushed.

“ Let the wedding, begin!” Shawn shouted a bit. Dahyun then went to the piano and played a piece. She started to play ‘Here comes The Bride’. While Joshua and I were standing there on the dais. She was all smiling upon walking towards us. While Shawn just played his role as her father very well. His face expression was identical to Mr. Bae. As they reached us, Shawn slowly caress Joohyun face and whispered to her that made her laugh. I carry on the mock ceremony and took her hand and both of us faced each other. And the funny thing was Joshua, he acted as the priest. He didn’t say anything and just standing there quietly. Shawn almost laughed in the church upon seeing Joshua face.

And then I started my speech.

 

“ Every time I see you, everything stops. I don’t know since when. But the feeling came one day, like a dream. You shook up my heart, and then I know, you’re my destiny. I know that my heart was made to love you eternally. Even if everything around us change, but this won’t change. My love for you will never faded. Even if you take long time to come back to me, even if then you pass over me, it’s alright. I’ll always be there for you. Because, I can’t live without you. I want to hold you, I want to pull you into my embrace every time you felt like the world’s ending. And I guess love is like that. I want you to stay by my side, and please don’t let go of the man who is holding your hand tightly.

You’re an incredibly beautiful person ever exist in front of my eyes. The words that you say to me sounds like melody, made me feel so light. And I didn’t know that ‘being used to hear your voice’ would be scarier than anything. If you let me go and when you’re gone. I don’t want to live my whole life regretting every single thing about you, for you. While my heart is beating faster and faster every time I see you, to hold you even closer, even tighter. I want to convey it all to you, until you hold this sincerity in your embrace once again. And even if you decide to walk away from me, I want you to know that I’m still waiting for you… to my bride for today and always be my bride for tomorrow and went the times gone, you’re still the bride that I wanted. From my foolish and weak heart. Sung Jae In.”

 

I slipped my hand inside my blazer and took out the crystal box that I used to proposed her earlier. I held her hand and put it on top of mine. I kissed her hand and placed the ring on her one of her fingers. Then I took another box for her to put the ring on me. She chuckled as she saw my enlighten face and giggled by myself. After that Joshua came in front and said

 

“I declared you husband and wife!”

 

We all just laughed hard as we already know, this wasn’t true. This is just sort of play, because I want her to feel how every women felt when they walked down the aisle, being congratulated by friends and families on their wedding day, I want her to feel that. And I wanted too. She hugged me and whispered something that only both of us know. “ I’m sorry for being sick like this, that you have to do this, I’m sorry oppa.. I love you..” “Me too. More than you do.”

“ Alright folks, let’s move to the next place!” Shawn said. “ Next place? Where oppa?” Joohyun asked me. “ You know what, I love hearing you called me oppa.. hehehe.. Just go with the flow, baby..” She nodded.

We then arrived at Joshua’s private beach. There’s stage, aisle, and table for five, which was for us. “I planned this 1 month beforehand. Is it okay? I even choose your favourite dishes, flowers and your favourite colour, purple. I did good right??” I showed her my aegyo that made those three wanted to throw sand towards my pretty face. I brought her to the table and we started to eat under the moonlight. While both couple were busy feeding each other, Shawn was all alone. I could see the fire on his face upon seeing both of couples doing lovey-dovey things in front of him. He then stand up and went to the stage. He started to sang a serenade under the moonlight which made the night merrier. After her finished his serenade he did gave us congratulatory speech which was not so him. His speech was written in Hangul, so he did learn Korea. I’m impressed although we never stop even a second to laugh at his misspelled words, mispronounced and etc. It was hilarious speech after all.

Then I went up the stage and grabbed the mic. I sang a song for her. My version of ‘How can I Love You’ by XIA Junsu. (OST Descendants of The Sun)

And we just called it the night after a whole day with dramas and laughs.

.

.

.

It’s been three days since the mock marriage ceremony with Joohyun. She was really happy after that, she even said she will die in peace, which made me felt a stung in my heart. I couldn’t stand hearing she said about death. That’s right, eventually all of us will die. That’s why I want to cherish her throughout her last days. I accidentally met her personal doctor and he did said she got no more time to live. And that made me do all these romantic things for her. And I did read her diary. She said she wanted to get married at the same church as her parents, she wanted this type of ring with diamond, she wanted her future husband to sang her a song on their wedding day, she wanted an outdoor wedding party and last wish from her that I couldn’t granted was “ 29. I don’t want to die .”. Her last wished was so hard for me. I don’t want to do it unless we were really married to each other. And I have my own principle of life. I won’t bang any girl of my girlfriend before marriage. I got the kind of feeling. What would I felt if someone did that to my sister? Even if he was her boyfriend. And if he ever had to leave her, wouldn’t that hurts her even more? Because we can’t predict our future. We just have to pray for the best.

I had to go back to Seoul, since Nayeon was still in her shock state, and I pitied Jeongyeon noona to babysit her alone. So I decided to book the earliest flight to Seoul because my best buddy ‘Shawn the Sheep’ was nowhere to be found. Maybe he sleepover at the club, and I won’t go there to pick him up as I don’t really like clubs. I’m kinda weird guy but that’s fine because I still got a girl who loves me just the way I am. And with that I’m grateful enough.

 

Im Nayeon POV

I got shocked upon hearing sounds from downstairs. I went to Jaein’s room and grabbed one of his baseball bat for my protection. And I don’t even care about my bare face right now. Jeongyeon was nowhere to be found and I unlocked my phone and I noticed that Jeongyeon texted me that she need to fetch her father at the airport from his business trip. I sighed deeply. I noticed a tall figure back facing me and he’s kind of tip-toeing. He was in all black attire. Without thinking much because I’m crazily afraid, I swing the bat to his back which made him yelp, scream in pain. And as he fell onto the floor and rolling his body I saw his face.

“ Nayeon-ah! It’s me! Jaein! Ah, manhi apa! Help me get up, will you?” he said in angrily. Well, he should be and since he’s probably tired from his trip I help him get up and walked to the couch.

“ Mianha, Jaein-ah.. I-I  was afraid.. I thought it was him.. that’s why I, you know.. hit you..” I apologised.

“ Hit me hard.. that’s for sure.. Haha.. Nayeon-ah, don’t worry about him. I’ll keep him away from you. Did I look like a bad ahjusshi or what?” he asked me while pouting.

“ Yah, it’s your fault too. Why you act like that even in your own house? Tip-toeing?” I asked him back.

“ I don’t want to wake you up. And I’m sorry that I made a loud noise just now. A stray cat went crazy outside, and I did scream a bit. Which wake you up. Ah, the cat was so uhh.. and you’re pretty even at dawn. What’s your secret?” he smiled widely and then grinned a bit while taking off his NBA jacket.

By then I realized that I’m in my bunny pyjama and bare faced. I quickly ran upstairs leaving him alone there and went straight to the first room. And I noticed a lot of difference in my room. It was painted light gray and a lot of mini RC cars. And snapbacks too. With Ironman hand light attached to the wall. This is not my rooomm!! I turned around to made my way out from his playroom and I noticed his eyes were in front of my bare face. He bent his body to match my height.

“ Wah, you’re eyes sure twinkled even at dawn. And not to mention your bunny slippers.. they’ cu..” he didn’t finished teased me yet I pushed him aside and ran to my actual room. Little did I know, Jaein was laughing hard in his playroom. He sure likes to teased me. I looked at my phone and saw a kakaotalk text from him.

Jaein: help me! my back hurts… manhi.. jeongmal apa.. ppalli, nayeon-ah…

Jaein: Nayeon-ah?

Jaein: Cutie girl next room? Help your neighbour.. the boy next room..

Jaein: Help your handsome masculine toned abs fiancé…

I laughed a bit when I received his last message. The word fiancé made me wanted to reply his messages.

Nayeon is typing…….

Jaein: Finally, you’re typing.. heheh

Nayeon: okay, I’ll help you. But stop teasing me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter