Treat You Better

Things Happen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Im Nayeon’s POV

Waking up beside him was my dream since before. Now, it’s a reality. The very first thing to happen in my everyday life. I woke up a bit earlier today just to prepare breakfast since he’s still in recovery period although it’s already been nearly 3 months since the accident. His inner injuries because of the bullets were still not fully recover. As the man himself always moves around like he’s healthy. I made him chicken porridge with samgyetang. After I’ve finished cooking, I went upstairs to wake my baby husband up since he rarely wakes up on his own.

He’s so cute while sleeping like baby bear. He won’t budge even if I shook him these days. But then, here’s my secret weapon. Guess it? A kiss. But probably kisses. Sometimes he just got so playful that we ended late to work and so on. Well, I’m the one who’s working since he couldn’t yet.

“Baby… wake up.. so that we can clean your wound.. please wake up.. I have tons of work to do at the office.. Jaein-ah… jebal??” He moved a bit after I pleaded cutely from his view.

“Okay... I’ll shower first okay?” He said as he rubbing his eyes. He then went to the walk-in closet to get the towel and then stumbled as he stepped on my power bank. I lost it since last week.

“Seriously, Nayeonnie? Here, put this little fella in your bag so that you won’t lose it again since you never forget about your Channel handbag, right?” He smirked.

“Jaein no kiss for today.” By that I walked downstairs to set the table while waiting for him. I’m not really pissed off just now, it’s just I find it amusing to see him caught off guard like that. He was thunder-struck when I said no kiss for today just now. Seriously, I won’t get angry for long at him.

.

.

Sung Jaein’s POV

Seriously Nayeon-ah? No kiss for a day? I would really die by then. I kept thinking about her threat and accidentally hurt myself as I bumped the wound to the sink that bled my bandage. It hurts like hell. In fact, I was going to wail like a kid as it stings too much. Not to mention the cut. A BAD CUT. THANK YOU MIN YOONGI. My body wasn’t perfect no more. Scars will be there. Duhh.

“Argh! Ouch, I’m so done with my life. (-_-). This won’t do.” I said as I kept pressing the wound to prevent over-flow of blood.

“Nayeon-ah, please come here a second.. I need your help.” I was repeating that sentence for three times and no answer from her. “This won’t do.” I wrapped myself with the towel and cover the other parts of my perfect body with bathrobe. I walked downstairs with the blood dripping from the wound.

“Nayeon-ah…” I stop calling for her name as my vision became blur all of sudden.

“Jaein-ah! Wae? Oh my God! I’ll call for help. Keep breathing okay, baby? Stay with me.. stay with me.” Nayeon hurriedly call ambulance and Dahyun since she’s reliable at most of time. And she knew us very well. Especially ME.

 

Im Nayeon’s POV

I regret that I ignored him just now. Now, he’s bleeding badly and he might, I don’t know. I’m so sorry, Jaein-ah. He lost a lot of blood which could lead to anaemia. He had just recover from the past accident. Luckily he survived. I’m blaming myself for this. I walked along the stretcher as the paramedics brought him out of the ambulance.

“Keep breathing okay, baby? Stay with me.. stay with me. I love you..” By  then I was told to wait outside of the operation theatre by the nurse in charge. After 10 minutes, Dahyun and Dean came running towards me with Shawn.

“How’s the operation? How’s he?” Josh seemed panic. He’s restless as his best buddy was still there in the operation theatre.

“It’s been 10 minutes. It’s my fault.. It’s my fault! I left him upstairs, I, I shouldn’t have..” I broke into tears as Dahyun kept hugging me tightly.

“It’s not your fault unnie. You need to be strong for him like before. By then, he’ll fight even harder.”  Dahyun soothed me. I couldn’t thank her no more.

.

.

.

After two hours of operation, and his family so as Nayeon’s family came to give them support. Nayeon was still there, sitting quietly beside Dahyun and her mom. She didn’t moved a bit. She just want to see him.

“Mrs. Sung Nayeon?” The doctor called her.

“Yes. I’m Nayeon, Jaein’s wife.”

“ The past surgery caused a sudden loss of blood. But there’s one thing you should know. He had an external bleeding where the blood leaves the body through a break in the skin from a wound, his recent surgery. He lost too much blood volume hence a hypovolemic shock occur. Hypovolemic shock is a medical emergency in which severe blood and fluid loss impedes the heart to pump sufficient blood to the body. As a result, tissues cannot get enough oxygen, leading to tissue and organ damage. If left untreated, this condition can be fatal. Luckily you’re quick enough to bring him here. He need a blood transfusion. Immediately. I hope everyone can cooperate with us as his blood type is very rare. It’s a AB(-).” The doctor said and then left all of them to continue the operation.

“Omma, what can we do? How? It’s hard to find that blood type.” Tiffany said that as she’s hugging her husband by her side.

“We’ll figure something out, okay? Fany, please don’t be like this. We need to be strong, for Nayeon. Okay?” Mrs. Sung said to her one and only daughter.

While Tiffany just nodded silently as her husband assisted her to sit down as she seemed tired. Her eyes were swollen. Same goes to Nayeon who was fiddling with her fingers. Nayeon couldn’t be helped but to tear up a bit.

.

.

In the operation theatre

“This is hard. If we couldn’t find the blood within 24 hours, he’ll probably be gone. And I cannot let him die. No one will die in my hands.” The doctor said determinedly.

“Prepare for the next operation. No one will leave this room until he’s saved. Get it? Let’s save him people! Himnae!” He said once again to encourage his teammates.

.

“Doctor! We got a donor from States. The patient's close friend, she heard the news. She want to help. And there’s no infection or viruses in her blood. She’s good. She’ll arrive in several hours as we need a direct blood transfusion.” One of his teammates informed him.

“Thank God! He heard our prayers! Thank God!”

By then the doctor came out from the theatre and told the family about the good news. There’s sense of relief in both her eyes. Nayeon now could relax a bit but she still worried about him. So much.

 

Elle’s POV

I couldn’t believe that I’m a doctor now. From a child actress to a doctor. Such a parallel world. I went to the lab to continue my research and I saw a name list of patients with blood loss. My eyes stop scrolling down the name list as I saw his name. Sung Jaein @ Jason Gregory. I didn’t waste any time longer and I rushed to the blood department to talk about this particular patient.

“What happened to this patient? He’s in Seoul right?” I asked.

“He had an external bleeding where the blood leaves the body through a break in the skin from a wound, his recent surgery. He lost too much blood volume hence a hypovolemic shock occur. And his blood type is very rare. It’s a AB(-).” One of the doctors explained to me. “He need blood. My blood.” I’ll give apart of me to him, although he’ll never loved me.

“Elle, call the Seoul International Hospital and tell them we got a donor, which is you. ASAP!” The same doctor said.

Don’t worry Jason. I’ll help you. I’ll always here to help you. Even if you didn’t noticed me. I love you, Jason.

I’m going to find a way to be happy, and I’d really love to be happy with you, but if I can’t be happy with you, then I’ll find a way to be happy without you.

I’m a fool. A fool that only sees you. And I never ever hesitated to fall for you, love you all my life. Although I’m in love alone and I’m hurting alone. I liked you from the start until the very end of my life.

 

 

Seoul International Hospital

The VIP level became extremely busy as the heir of the company was currently in the operation theatre.  That certain level of the hospital full of the famil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter