26 : Neo Yeppeuda

Things Happen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sung Jaein POV

It’s already 2 am. I couldn’t sleep and I went to my playroom to play video games. But as I entered the room, I saw a picture frame on my desk. The picture of hers. “Hyun-ah.. Manhi apa.. Jeongmal apeudaa… otteokhae?” I ended up kneeling in front of the desk as I saw the picture of her. “I couldn’t face my life everyday like this. Act like nothing happen. As if I’m not hurting, keep breathing, keep smiling. But when I’m alone, I’m breaking down with the thoughts of you.” I was sobbing hard. Until I heard the room door opened. “Jaein-ah? Gwenchana?”

 

Im Nayeon POV

I heard sounds from another room. I knew it was him. Should I went to console him? Or should I stay put? Because men tend to be alone in this kind of situation. I made my mind and went to the room that the sound came. “Jaein-ah? Gwenchana?”

He was hugging his knees at the corner of the room. All the lights were off. Just several candles being lit up. He looked devastated, he looked like he’s so desperate to meet her. By then I know, he need her. Not me. I’m not anyone in his life. I’m just a fiancé who wasn’t loved by him, at all. I thought of leaving his room until, “Stay…. Dowajeoyeo.. naega geunyeoreul ijeul su eobseo..( Help me, I cannot forget her.) Help me… to    forget her..”

I walked closer and sat beside him without saying a thing. The room was filled with his sobbing. I never knew he was so fragile. He must’ve been through a lot alone without telling anyone, that’s why sometimes he breaks down entirely. He started to slow down his sobbing but still hugging his knees.

“It’s kind of embarrassing crying like this in front of you.” He chuckled as he got up from the earlier position and went to the bathroom and washed his face with the door left open. “I look silly, right? Crying over the dead? She won’t come back.” He kept talking after he got out from the bathroom.

“No. Not at all. It’s better to let out everything that had been buried deep down in your heart sometimes. Real man does cry. I’m so sorry for your lost.” I said to him as he sat down beside me like earlier. “She’d been fighting for so long. It’s even harder for those who saw her like that. Because we couldn’t feel her pain. I don’t want to lose anyone again.” He shared his personal concerns with me. That’s unusual for him. Dahyun always said that he’s a man with a lot of concerns and secrets. Now, he did opened up for me. Sometimes, I really want to know, what am I to him? He seemed to care about me, but ….. Ah, I don’t know..

He lay his head back to his bed with sighs. “Everything happens for reasons. Don’t blame Him. Maybe, those things that you’ve been through, you’re more than capable of doing them. You’ll never know.” I stood up and walked out from his room. After I closed the door, I pushed myself to the wall while caressing my chest. “Why am I hurting, seeing you crying like that? Jaein-ah, I love you..” my tears won’t stop falling and then I’m the one who was hugging my knees now. “I’m hurting too, Jaein-ah.. Only if you know.”

 

Sung Jaein POV

I don’t know why, but I felt at ease after spilling my thoughts to Nayeon. I’m the type that is reluctant in telling others about my concerns. Why I felt like at home when I’m with her? What had you done to me, Nayeon-ah? What makes you so special to me? Ah! Molla!

Then loud thunder sounds kept striking that night. Then the whole house went blackout. The lightning and thunders kept striking hard as the rains pouring hard too. I came back to my sense and grabbed my phone and switched on the flashlight as I try to find torchlight. The loudest thunder strikes and I heard a high-pitched scream from next room. “Nayeon! I forget about her!” I went running with phone in my hand and went straight to her room.

“Nayeon-ah? Eodi…?” I was holding my phone to search for her whereabouts and I felt a hand tugged my shirt from the back. I swiftly turned around facing her and she kept holding my shirt tight. “Nayeonnie?” “AAARRRRGGGHHH!” she was jumping as she held my shirt and she accidentally stepped on my feet, both of them. “Yah! AAUCH!” I was grunting in pain as she stepped on my feet countless times. Luckily, the thunders and lightning went out and she stopped jumping around in scream and calmed down. And the lights still out.

“Nayeonnie, let’s go out from the room and help me hold the light while I’m gonna fix the power supply box downstairs at the kitchen. Okay?” she got up and still tugging my shirt. This kid.  ”Nae. Kaja.” She replied short.

That was the first time ever we were so close, I could feel her breath at my neck, kind of you know. That tingling feelings. “ARGHHH!” she screamed again. Wow! That’s quite powerful voice she have. My ears nearly went numb. My other hand was touching my ears continuously. ‘Wae? Something bothering you?” I asked after she screamed hard earlier.

“Ani. Just I’m getting goose bumps. I’m afraid of thunders and lightning.”   

“But, just now there’s no lightning nor thunders. Seriously, tell me.”      

“I’m just afraid! That’s all!”      (-_-)  

“Yah! No need to scream at my ears. Aish.”

“Mianhae.” She said still tugging my precious shirt. Oh God, that’s gonna leave a mark. It might get rip by her powerful hands. She’s something. By that I got an idea of teasing her after what she did to me: screaming right into my ears.

“BOO!”

“AAAARRRGGGHHH! YAH JAEIN!” I after I walked far from her and then she went jumping and then hugged me after she found me right after that. Oh, Okay. I got a free hug from mu fiancé. That’s good. Yah! Sung Jaein! What’s wrong with you! But, that’s normal, she’s my fiancé, right?

“Yah wae guraeseo? I’m scared to death. Ah, this kid.” She smacked me arm. “Auch, mianheae. You’re the best when it comes to reaction. Not to mention your powerful scream. Hahahah” I laughed my head off.

Jaein didn’t noticed when he said that, Nayeon’s lips formed into a sweet smile in the dark.

Jaein then leaded Nayeon carefully to the kitchen and then went straight to fix the electric supply box while Nayeon helped him holding the light.

“And… Done! Phew, thank God. I need to thank Shawn for this.” “Wae?”   

“He taught me back in States when I accidentally made the whole school in blackout. I’m the technician and the crew for the theatre club. Hehe” 

“Wow, you sure a menace. Pity your friends who had to deal with you.” She shook her head as she mentioned that.

“But, you will stuck with me too.. every single day. And you are my future wife.” I smirked.

“Ah, I forgot about that.” The situation became awkward suddenly. We then get back to our own room after that and called the night.

 

Im Nayeon POV

Why did I felt something when he said that I’m his future wife? And why am I expecting when the day come? The day when we’re officially husband and wife. I’m seriously expecting that day.

I woke up by the sound of my alarm. It’s already 7 in the morning and I just woke up! Argh, I have a important meeting this morning! I ran to the bathroom and then changed into my smart casual attire for the meeting. Then I walked downstairs and saw Jaein in his Ironman apron back-facing me.

“I’m so sorry, I slept over.. Let me continue this and you should change into your suit. Okay?” I offered him a hand.

“Gomawo! I’ll be quick.” He smiled and took off the apron and went to change his clothes.

After a while he came down with casual look along with his clutch bag in his left hand while the other hand was busy scrolling down his phone screen.

“Aren’t you going to your company today?” I asked him while setting the table.

“Dad gave me two days off. I’m going to meet Tiffany noona, well practically accompany shopping.” He replied as he sipped down his white coffee.

“Oh, what a great day today for you. Hmmm.. while I’m gonna attend a very long and boring meeting later.” I pouted. He was busy scooping the scrambled eggs.

“You’re busy with your company, that’s a good thing. You’re making international collaboration right? You need to do well to maintain good relationship with them.” he gave some advices.

“Okay, I will. And I’m having lunch date with Jeongyeon because I think you’re gonna have a lunch with Tiffany unnie.” I informed him. “Yup, but I’ll send you to your office. Then I’ll pick noona up.”

By that we both made our way to his car and he drove away to my company.

“I’ll pick you up later, okay? Anything, just give me a call.” He smiled as he waved and bid a goodbye to me. “Okay, bye. Take care, tell unnie I miss her!” he just nodded.

 

Sung Jaein POV

Magic. It was like magic. Her presence made me slowly accepting the truth that Hyun’s gone. I barely remember her these days. As I busy living my life caring for someone, Nayeon. I took a good care of her after that accident. I don’t want to lose anyone anymore after this. And that explains why I care for her, agreed in marrying her. I want to cherish everyone that I love. Every single person that made me happy. And I know, mom’s choice was the best. I decided to try to love her with all my heart and to fulfil Joohyun’s wishes.

I arrived at Tiffany’s noona penthouse and parked at their garage. She was having brunch with Khun huyng. I walked towards them after I greeted their maids, and hugged noona from behind. “Annyeong, noona! Miss you!” I placed my head on her shoulder like always. Khun hyung just smiled broadly as he saw our cute interactions. “Me too! Join us!” she patted the seat beside her. I sat down and greeted Khun hyung. “How are you? For real?” He asked. He’s wearing a concern face. “Fine! Never better.” I replied as I munched the cream puff. “That’s good. I’m glad that you’re completely fine after, you know her…” He was so careful with his words so that he won’t hurt me. “I’m sure Nayeon take a good care of you. Right, Jaein?” Tiffany noona elbowed me. “Yeah, she made everything impossible, possible. She’s something.” I said that made both of them in awe.

“Okay, I got to go now. Jaein, take an extra good care of your sister here. And don’t let her buy too much baby’s clothes. We’ve got many already. And all of them are PINK in colour.” He clearly stated the pink thing. That’s how men react when they heard about PINK things.

“Noona, what if the baby is a boy? Just buy the neutral colour like yellow, beige or white. I’m not banning you from buying PINK clothes for your child, just don’t buy all of them in PINK.” Khun hyung gave me a high-five.

“YOU NICKHUN, SLEEP OUTSIDE TONIGHT!” she stated as she stared to both of us. She then walked away. “Wow, her mood swing. Hyung, how do you manage my noona?” I asked him curiously. “I’ve slept outside for the fifth time since she got pregnant. But then she will ask me to sleep with her 30 minutes later. Our baby must’ve like his/her daddy very much.” He smirked. What a comic-like life they had. Happy life of them. I’m envy of them suddenly.

Then I went to search for Tiffany noona, she then walked down with newly changed clothes. She was wearing a simple white long blouse that cover until her thighs with a long coat along side her leather handbag. She took after mom very well.  “Jaeinie, kaja!” She smiled as she linked her hand to mine. Her mood swing really hit me hard.

“Noona, we’re wearing couple looks. See, white shirt and white long blouse, both of us are wearing long coat and our favourite black and white Adidas Superstar.” She just smiled. “We’re indeed siblings. My boyfriend today is a kid. HAHAHAH” she smirked. “Yah, noona. I’m not a minor no more. I’m not a kid! I’m twenty-one for God sake.” She just rolled her eyes. “Whatever, kid.”

“Noona, what do you want to buy today? Or do you want to get foot bath and massage? I’ll treat you.” I offered her as I don’t really into shopping with her. She’s taking too long while shopping. That made me want to puke. “OK! Deal. Let’s go!” She looks very excited with today hangout. It’s been quite sometimes since we’re hanging out, just the two of us.

They ended their siblings-date with Jaein holding tons of shopping bags with his both hands. He couldn’t say anything as he afraid that Tiffany would get mad and ended up having a worse mood swing towards his brother-in-law later. They then went back to Tiffany’s penthouse and Jaein did stay there for awhile as he’s so tired being his sister butler for a day. “Shopping with noona was the hardest thing ever exist in my entire 21 years old life.” He muttered and luckily his sister was in her room changing her clothes, if not he will get a piece from her.

His sister was such a bully, at least to him. But, it’s kind of an amusing thing to do while having younger siblings right? Normally, the older would always do the nagging, scolding, and some other related stuffs. Jaein accepted the reality and just live his life. To him, his sister was everything to her apart from his parents and his gramps. And now, in addition there’s Nayeon.

Jaein’s getting better since Irene’s death. Although his face didn’t show much that he’s missing her, but there’s no days went without missing her. Once in a while, he would call her parents and if he got some time he’ll visit her grave back in Daegu. And he knew that he need to learn to live without her now. He’s willing to try to fall for Nayeon or he did try to make Nayeon fall for him instead.

.

.

Jaein was still sleeping soundly on his fluffy king-sized bed until he was disturbed by the loud ringtone ‘Dumb Dumb Dumb and Dumber~~~~’ “Ah why did I select this song as my ringtone? I’m feeling like a dumb for nothing right now… Ah!....Nugusaeyeo?” He spoke with his y morning voice.

“Oh, my beautiful mom! What’s the occasion?” while his mom on the other line replied “Just missing baby boy… hmmm btw, I’ve checked your schedule and you’re free after lunch. So, I want you to go shopping with Nayeon for your wedding. And you haven’t bought the ring yet and for your dress and suit fitting.. Okay baby?”

“Huh, mom just stop calling me baby.. I’m 21 for God sake. Okay? I’ll tell her later. Is it the same boutique?” His mom hummed. “Okay, got it. I’m gonna hit the shower now. Bye, love you!” he bid farewell to his mom while smiling like an idiot. He’s such a mama’s boy even now. But he didn’t admit though.

.

.

Im Nayeon POV

I barely woke up early today and manage to prepare him breakfast as I’m free today. And today’s menu were kimchi jiggae, rolled eggs, stir-fried tofu, and hanwoo. I’m happy that I could prepare such a big breakfast for him as we didn’t hire maid anymore. He also did mentioned that he miss Korean dishes because he always eat fast-foods all the time when he’s busy as hell.

I was struggling searching for my phone and nearly caught off guard as I bumped into him while holding spatula in my other hand. I was currently frying tofu and accidentally slapped him with the spatula that made him went “AUCHHH!” yelled hard. “Mianhae, mianhae… Jaein-ah mianhae..” I seek for his forgiveness. “Oh, yeah.. what are you doing? You’re searching for something which made you slapped me accidentally on this fine morning, Im Nayeon?” He’s smiling as he teased me. “I’m searching for my phone.. huh where is it?”  I kept my eyes open wide as I could but it nowhere to be found.

 He then helped me to search for my phone in his working suit. ‘Wow, you’re so charming, Jaein-ah…’

“Found it! In dish washer? Seriously Nayeonnie?” He teased me again. Yeah I’m a clumsy rabbit girl who always lose things abruptly. He then took out his handkerchief and wiped my waterproof phone case at the back. “Here. So can we dig in right now?” He chuckled.

“So, I thought of asking you out to buy our wedding ring and dress fitting after lunch. Are you fine with that?” He asked me out for a date I guess? “Sure!” Why did I sound so happy here?

“Okay, then I’ll pick you up after lunch.” He then fetched his leather pouch and his phone and drove to his office. Why am I feeling like a wife sending off her husband to work? But I like that feeling though. I giggled as I continued to wash the dishes.

 

From: Jaein

I’m on my way. 15 mins.

 

To: Jaein

Okay!

 

Yah Im Nayeon! Why did you replied like that? You sounded so happy! Ah!

‘Click!’ I was still in my room applying my NARS Dolce Vita matte lipstick when I heard the door opened. I quickly finish applying it and grabbed my handbag then went downstairs to get ready for our date. He was gulping mineral water from the bottle that he took from the fridge and I only saw his back figure as I stood there near the kitchen counter. Why am I always seeing his broad back? And he looked so y. Why am I like this every time? Ah!

I tapped his back and he turned around with his wet lips. Ah! What again are you doing to me, Jaein-ah?  “Oh, you’re already finished dressing? Let’s go!” He put back the bottle and wiped his mouth with tissue then lead the way to the car.

“Hmm..” He kept humming like he’s wondering about something then he stepped on the brake pedal. I was shocked and looked at him with glare. “Yah! Waegeurae? Suddenly brake the car like that?” He then leaned closer and he touched my upper lips with his slender finger. “Hmm.. the-what.. hmm lipstick smudge there. That’s why I .. clean it.. it kept bothering me when I  look at your pretty face.” Yah Im Nayeon! You’re the owner of lipstick and cosmetics company and yet you failed in applying them to your face! Ah!

I then quickly take care of it and clean the rest by myself as he continued driving. I’m positive that I’m blushing hard of embarrassment right now. I’m as red as tomato, red chilli, red sauce and the other things that originated from red colour. Once in a while, I took a glance at him. Sometimes I got caught and he then went grinning like crazy old man after that. That was a stupid move by me.    

“Don’t be so awkward around me after I did that earlier. I feel bad though. Better than other people notice that in public, right?” He’s eternal smiling angel. “Yeah, true enough. Sorry if you feel that way. By the way thank you.”

We took about nearly three hours to buy the rings and fitting the dress and suit. I’m quite grateful that Jaein manage to make up time for both of us to prepare our wedding. Well, his face did showed a little frustration and boringness but he just smile as always. After all of the works done, he quickly lead me to Toys R Us. Wow! I’m marrying a kid. His expression became brighter than ever and he ran to grab trolley leaving me behind and grabbed everything that he wanted to buy. I thought he already had a room for his precious LEGOs. He took ALL, I repeat ALL Star Wars LEGO Sets, ALL MARVEL toys and about 5 NERF guns. I face-palmed myself looking at him.

“What? Shocked? This is just the appetizers Nayeonnie.” He smirked. I just let a very very big sigh. I wonder if he ever had a son, will he become like him? “Okay, just get whatever you want but don’t dump them in my room. And I think your playroom is already full, Jaein-ah.” I tried to lessen the toys. “I’ve got two more rooms for my ‘KIDS’. And I won’t dump them. They’re my precious. Hehe” he then went running towards the other toy section, in accurate, the video games section. This kid is crazy. Thank God I’m not his parents.

We ended up putting his ‘KIDS’ in the car hood first by his bodyguards help. And then we made our way back to the mall for dinner. I swear his eyes were sparkling after he bought his toys. I felt like a mom to a boy. A handsome big boy.

.

.

The next day…

Morning had come and both of them were still in dreamland. Jaein was completely drained out after he played hard with his ‘KIDS’ and went sleep late and ended up woke up later than usual. As for Nayeon, she was busy with preparing for her meeting with international client and went to bed late than she supposed to be. Their morning was so in harmony that they felt like sleeping all day but then an endless bell rings broke the silence. Jaein who was startled, jumped out of bed in his room. While Nayeon sprang up from her bed then quickly wore her over-sized shirt and shorts to get the bell. Jaein was only in his boxer as he walked downstairs to get the door so as Nayeon who already in proper attire.

‘BBBUUKK’ ‘AAARRGGHH’ ‘AAUUCCHHH’! They bumped into each other and Nayeon was currently on top of Jaein when they heard the door ‘click’ and sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter