Twenty Three : Can't Live without You

Things Happen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sung Jaein POV

It’s been two days since Nayeon moved into my house as ‘our house’ haven’t been fully furnished as we thought we’re gonna live there after the wedding. And since that, she didn’t went to her company and never go out from the house. She’s always in absent mind. I should do something about this. I then changed my clothes and went to her office. She needs this person to cheer her up. I’m 100% confident on asking this person for help.

“ Anyeong haseyeo. What can I help you, Mr. Sung? “ one of the workers asked me.

“ Is Ms. Yoo Jeongyeon here? I want to meet her for our new project.” I said.

“ Oh, I thought you wanted to meet Ms. Im instead of her. She’s at her room. I’ll take you there. “

“ Thank you. “

“ Noona, annyeong! “ I called her noona as we’ve met several times before. “ Oh, Jaein-ah. Why are you here, all of sudden? Nayeon wasn’t here. It’s been days. she didn’t called me either. “ she said. “ I know. She’s with me. “ I replied. “ Thank God she’s with you. I’m afraid that something bad happened to her.” Then I said “ Actually, there was. Hmm.. Yoongi did something to her. He tried to her.” “ WHAT?! THEN? DID HE?! OH MY GOD! NAYEON-AH!...”

“ Luckily I was on my way back to give her phone. He was drunk that time. And until then, Nayeon locked herself in the room. She only out to eat. She doesn’t felt secure anymore. And he did just stripped her dress, nothing more. And the worse part was, the video that my sasaeng fans recorded and post it online. Nayeon was so devastated upon seeing that. But I’ve blocked the vidoes entirely with my friends’ help. She’s feeling so bad for me, I think. She didn’t talk to me for two days. so, I want to seek for your help, noona. Talk to her. You’re her best friend. Maybe she’ll talk to you. “

“ Oh, that’s the case. She’s been avoiding my calls and texts too. Okay, give me the address and I’ll visit whenever I can. Since she’s away, all the works had passed to me.”

“ Thank you, noona. Hmm.. another request, since I’m kinda busy these days, maybe you could accompany her whenever I’m away. She needs someone.”

“ Of course, Jaein-ah. I will even if you didn’t tell me to. She’s like a sister to me. Don’t worry. “

“ If that’s so, I’ll make my move then. I need to go for a meeting later. Thank You so much noona. I owe you one. “

“ Yeah, treat me later, smiling angel. Hahaha.. no offense. Nayeon called you that.” She called me an angel? That’s weird. But thank you anyway. “Oh, geurae? Okay, noona. I’ll be going then. Bye. Take care.”

Yoo Jeongyeon POV

“………. Bye. Take care.” He said. I bid a goodbye to him. And then I saw my workers were flirting with him and he didn’t even looked at them. Good Job, Jaein! “ Don’t you think you’ll be in trouble if Ms. Im knows all of you keep flirting her fiancé? “ I asked them and then they all run to their post.

Luckily you’re there Jaein. Ah, Yoongi as I thought before. You’re a . I knew it since before but I know Nayeon loves you so much. And I don’t want to ruined this friendship because of you. I bet she wouldn’t believe me so, I didn’t tell her. I need to tell Jaein about him so he would stay caution.

I then walked out to my car and dashed to Jaein’s house to meet her. I miss that bunny so much.

“ Nayeon-ah? It’s me, your girl crush. Open the door. I miss you. “ I said. I then saw a group of girls peeking by the wall. They must be those crazy fans Jaein talked about. Pity him. Luckily, there’s his bodyguard around the house. They help me to get rid of those fans. Thank You, dear bodyguard-nim.

I saw Nayeon ran towards me as soon as she opened the door. She hugged me hard. I know she was so afraid that time. She was crying all the way to the couch. I let her hugged me and cried as long as she wanted. She didn’t say a word yet. She then tighten the hug and I had to closed the door by leg.

This kid, when she’s in devastated state, she’s really heavy though. Wait, she’s older than me a year, and yet she’s like a deongsaeng to me. I’ll never let my ‘deongsaeng’ hurt like this again.

“ Nayeonnie, gwenchana? Did you got hurt? Don’t be like this. Tell me. Okay? “ I plead.

“ I’m afraid, Jeongyeon-ah. I don’t know what to do. I love him so much yet he try to did that to me. Wae? Wae Jeongyeon-ah?!” she said as she’s wailing hard. I then grabbed her and pulled for another hug. I felt wet on my shoulder. But I don’t mind doing so for my best friend. She’s more than a friend to me. I love her as I love my own family. I even know what she wants just by seeing her gesture.

Then I heard footsteps nearing us. I kinda start to chicken out at first but then I had to brave myself to protect her who was in deadly shock. “ Jeongyeon noona? “ It was Jaein. by that time that I realized it was him, my sipper already flew hard towards his face. I’m so sorry Jaein-ah. He just smiled upon seeing us both. “ What’s with the slipper throwing noona? “ he asked me weirdly.

“ It’s for protection of course! I’m on duty, you know. Hahaha taking care of my ‘deongsaeng’ here is a blessing. “ I said to him and I noticed that he kept on taking glances at Nayeonnie. He surely will be a great husband for her. His sincere and calm eyes makes him look so trustworthy.

“ Well, that’s good. Hmm.. I bought some foods for both you since my maid had to go somewhere later. So noona, help yourself. And you too Nayeon-ah. Eat some.”

 

Sung Jaein POV

For about two hours the whole conversation wasn’t participated by Nayeon. She didn’t even looked at me. Did I do something wrong earlier? Relax Jaein. No need to push her. Let her take sometime to heal. We both tried hard to make the situation brighter so that it wouldn’t be too awkward. Then Nayeon went upstairs to sleep. That left us bth, me and Jeongyeon noona.

“ Jeongyeon noona, could you please stay here for the night? I have to catch my flight to Japan later. Can you? Please… “ I tried hard with my cheap aegyo.

“ Yah, don’t try to plead with your poor quality aegyo. Of course, Jaein-ah. I’ll stay here for the time being while you’re away. For how long? “ she asked.

“ Just three days. Hmm.. did she talked to you? “ I asked.

“ Yup, but I guess she haven’t talked to you yet, right? Don’t worry. She’ll talk to you sooner or later. I bet she’s embarrassed to face you.” She said. “ Waeyo? “ I asked short. “ She felt guilty because she’s in a relationship with another man and yet she already had a fiancé. But in the end, her boyfriend tried to did something bad to her. By the way, where did you throw that bastard? I hope you go hard on him. Don’t let him get a way.” She said seriously.

“ I did want sent him to the police but I’m afraid he’d try to bailed himself out with helps and connections. So, I asked one of my best guards to locked him at some place. But I didn’t ordered them to do anything yet. I’ll leave the decision to Nayeon.” I explained.

“ hmm.. if that’s the case, it’s up to her. But, I hope he’ll stop harassing her and try to change. I’m sorry for you though. I’ll help you with my every might. “ She said as she’s playing with her LEGO.

I walked to my room to freshen up. I need to prepare for the flight. But before I entered my room, my legs stopped moving when I reached her room. I don’t know what should I do that moment. Should I walked into her room to greet her? Or maybe read a bedtime story? I knocked several times but there’s no answer. As I turned around to walk to my room and warm pair of hand touches mine. It was Nayeon. She was holding my hand. “ Mianhae. I’m sorry for giving you troubles. I promise I won’t be giving you those again.” She then let go off my hand and tried to walked away but I quicken my pace then grabbed her left hand. We weren’t facing each other instead we’re facing our own room respectively.

“ The thoughts of you’re troubling me never crossed my mind. Not even once. Because you’re my fiancé. My future bride. The moment when I agreed to get married to you, I’ve prepared all my heart, my mind for the consequences. Although things that had happened may be the hurtful one, we could try to turn them into beautiful memories and experiences throughout our life. Your mistakes do not define you. Sometimes people come into your life just to teach you how to let go.” I said to her.

“ But, I am constantly torn between wanting to improve myself and wanting to destroy myself. It’s a lot easier to be angry at someone than it is to tell them you’re hurt. I can’t because I loved him very much.” She said as she cried.

“ Just because you love someone, it doesn’t mean you should go back to them. Sometimes you have to just keep loving them until you wake up one morning and realise that you don’t anymore.” I don’t know what’s gotten into me that moment.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter