Hold Me Tight, Don't Let Me Go

Things Happen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Flashback

“Long time no see, baby. How are you? Happy with your hubby? Huh?” Yoongi was the client. He secretly made an appointment with me through email said that he’s the ambassador of a company organization. He lied. He just wanted to meet me.

“What do you want? We’re over, Yoongi.” I said as I tried to walked away from the restaurant he grabbed my hand hard. “Sit. Down. Or. You’ll regret to be alive in this world.” He hissed. I was really scared as he had a lot of connections around him and he’ll do anything to get what he wants.

“Just let go off me. I’ll sit down after that.”

“Good. You know, that’s why I still love you. I never stop loving you.” He said as he leaned closer to me.

“Straight to the point please. I’m a busy person. I have a meeting after this.” I wanted to excused myself early.

“Okay. Okay. I want you. I want you to end your marriage with him. ASAP. Or I’ll probably do something to him. Because I’ll never hurt you anymore, even a cut. And because I’m sure that you starting to fall for him! Right? So, let’s make a deal. I’ll stay away from him if you promise me that you’ll divorce him. You’re not his at the first place. And you’ll never be.” He said as he looked at me in the eyes.

“Okay. But I want you to change. I want the old Yoongi.” I demanded.

“Yes, baby. I’ll do it for you.”

End of flashback

 

Sung Jaein’s POV

I’m currently at States attending some business trip and at the same time, I want to run from reality for a while. I’m tired as hell. I’m constantly torn between wanting to improve myself and wanting to destroy myself. Sometimes I felt like I’m the one should’ve died instead of my brother. It’s better to die than living like this. Well, world is not a wish granting factory, right?

“Jason? Jason Gregory, right?” Someone asked me.

“Yeah, Elle! How are you? It’s great to see you after a long time!” I greeted her back.

“Well, after you left me that prom night, I’ll never see you again. Where have you been?” She asked me with a smile formed perfectly.

“I have to stay at Seoul for good. I’m taking over my dad’s company. Sad life, right?” Really, I’m living a controlled life. But that’s for my own good. To continue my family legacy.

“Oh, yeah what a sad life. Hahaha. So, what about your dream? Your interest in arts and music? You’re talented, Jay!” She sipped her Iced Americano while sitting opposite me.

“I don’t really aware of my dreams anymore. I’m focusing on managing his company and my family.” She was shocked upon hearing I said about family.

“Are you married?” I nodded. “For real?” I nodded again. “Really?” She asked again for confirmation. “Yes, Elle. I’m 21 and I’m married with my parents’ choice.” I munched my chicken salad sandwiches.

“Wow! So, you don’t love her?” Yes, but it’s hard. So I choose to stop loving her. “Nah. She got a someone. Btw, she’s older by three years and owns a cosmetic brand company.”

“So, I still has the chance, right?” She said to me as she leaned back.

“Maybe.” I just smiled unknowingly.

.

.

“So, maybe we can meet again while I’m here? Just give me a call.” I gave her my phone and she dialled her number and save under the name ‘Elle <3’.

“See you then, Jay! Call me!” She shouted.

I don’t know, Elle. I love her.

 

Second day waking up by myself. She’s not beside me. I miss her presence although her heart wasn’t for me, but her physical was enough to make my day brighter. Why I was given this hard life? What have I done in my past that I deserved to be like this?  When will I get to feel love from my wife?  

“At some point you will realize that you’ve done too much for someone, that the only next possible step to do is to stop. Leave them alone. Walk away. It’s not like you’re giving up, and it’s not like you shouldn’t try. It’s just that you have to draw the line of determination from desperation. What truly yours will eventually be yours, and what is not, no matter how hard you try, will never be.”

True enough. That’s what my brother said to me. Once my childhood friend left me. After a long time, I never met her then.

I spend my day after my meeting with Elle. We went for a walk at Central Park, we had lunch and dinner together, we took selfies, we went to the ice rink, we really spend the day together. She’s funny, playful, she treated me well although sometimes I treated her like Dahyun, she still smiling like a doll. That’s her speciality. She never frown.

“I had a VERY GOOD DAY TODAY!!” I said as I drove her along the beach that night. I opened my car roof and both of us were screaming in the air, let the stress gone with the wind, I supposed.

“ME TOOO!!! BEFORE YOU WENT BACK TO SEOUL, LET’S HAVE ANOTHER DATE!” She shouted.

“NOTED!!!” I then closed the roof because she’s already shivering.

“Here. That’s my wife’s jumper, she left it. Keep yourself warm, Elle.”

“Thanks.” She said flat.

I know, I know that you did had feeling for me, Dahyun told me once. That’s why I mentioned about my wife. So that, I’m not giving any hopes. It’s better to live alone by myself than hurting other her. I might not be able to love her as much as I love Nayeon. I’m afraid of that.

 

Im Nayeon’s POV

It hurts me seeing him went away like that. I didn’t mean it. I really am.

“I do love him. I always do. I’m sorry. But we’ll continue this marriage and get divorce after 2 years like we agreed.” I said, as simple as that.

“Really? Because I’m not letting you go with this freaking guy!” He landed a punch right to Yoongi’s pale white face.

“! You’re son of b***h!” Yoongi released me from his grip and punched Jaein back at his stomach. 

“STOP BOTH OF YOU! JUST STOP! SUNG JAEIN STOP HURTING HIM!” I said although I’m sorry for Jaein.

“Okay. I’m just a kid, right Nayeon? Just do what ever you want. I’m just tired of this thing. I’m giving him a second chance.” He back off. He just back off and let me be with this guy. Just like that. I thought he loves me too. I’m wrong. But it’s not his fault.

.

.

It’s nearly a week since his depart to America. I’m really expecting his arrival that I went to the airport to pick him up and to surprise him. Of course, I brought his ‘twins’, Dahyun with me after the quarrel, I bet we’ll be extremely awkward.

I saw him at the International Arrival Gate. He’s wearing his favourite shades. The one that we bought together when he accompany me to New York for my new product launching. He accompanied me shopping. How I miss that moment. He’s wearing his black leather jumper and white straight-cut pants along with his black clutch in his left hand. Not to forget his snapback. But I haven’t seen he wears that before. Must be his latest collections. I walked closer to him dragging Dahyun along. He was like he didn’t saw I’m coming towards him until Dahyun tapped his shoulder.

“Yah Sung Jaein! You don’t notice us? Even your wife?” Dahyun asked him. He still had his shades.

“Sorry, I was so sleepy right now. I didn’t notice both of you.” He just made an excuse. I saw the corner of his eyes were stealing glances at my direction continuously. Cute!

‘It’s so ironic how I look at you. Hoping for you to look back at me. But when our eyes meet, you look away. So as I. Because I don’t want you to see how much I need you.’

“So, I’m leaving now. I have a date! Bye lovebirds! You can continue your lovey-dovey conversation now! Hahaha!” Dahyun said that made Jaein chocked his Caramel Macchiato that we bought for him earlier.

“I purposely came with Dahyun so that I’ll drive us back home.” I said to break the silence. He walked to the counter to get his car keys.

“No. I’ll drive. Just rest. You must be waited so long since I didn’t tell you the time I’ll be arrive.” He still care for me although we’re like this. The more guilty I feel.

“Okay.” But he didn’t smile like he always did.

.

.

.

.

Sung Jaein’s POV

I couldn’t be mad at her at all. Why? Seriously Jaein?

Our ride home w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter