how they started 1: chanbaek

PLAYFUL HEARTS: LOVE IS MY WITNESS

It was winter and the road was filled with white snow. The hot tempered CEO of Park's corporation begun to blew fire from his nose and smoke from his ears. The car he was in was stuck in a mountain of snow. He keeps on monitoring his watch while his driver and secretary is busy digging the bulk of snow  where the wheel had stuck. 

"sir.! I think we should rather take a taxi.  Do kyungsoo his secretary suggested.. 

Chanyeol who glance at his watch once again face palm himself. And without any words, he exited the car, kyungsoo takes the umbrella to shield his boss from the snowflakes that continue pouring from the sky. 

They walked few meters and reach the bridge already, when chanyeol complained on how far they need to walk through. Kyungsoo just frowned and begun to tremble, knowing how strict, impatient and tough his boss is. 

"sir, I'm sorry, maybe due to the hard fall of snow that's why we can't find taxi here..kyungsoo readied himself to be scolded and those owls eyes were now shut. 

"give me that umbrella, haisst why did I hire a short man like you,,,chanyeol hissed and grab the umbrella from the short guy.. 

"because I'm your friend.. Kyungsoo pouts.. 

"I have lots of friends! chanyeol gritted his teeth.. 

"ani(no)..only me, kai, and sehun are your friends, and I am the smartest amongst them! right? Kyungsoo mentioned.. 

 "no...because kai has his own business and sehun does't need to work, he has luhan to support him, that little playboy, he uses that stupid chinese boy to make money..chanyeol's tempered rise again. 

"haissttt! stay here and I'll look for a taxi,,sir~ kyungsoo said rolling his eyes and walk few steps. 

Someone wearing a thin jacket with hoodie came running and rushing, seems someone was chasing after him. Kyungsoo just made few steps when he bump unto this man and about to stumble, when chanyeol run to him and tried to catch him, to save him of course, he made it successfully but he was pushed on the broken drainage on the side and fell on it while the secretary was pushed on the other side. His lips were trembling, shaking in anger. This is the first time he had fallen in a smelly drainage. He forgot how cold is the winter, rather he felt his blood boiling in too hot. 

"do kyungsoo!!!!!! Chanyeol screamed.. 

"omo..sir..,,kyungsoo went to him in panic.. 

"im sorry! the guy went to them and apologize coldly, at least he was sorry, he bent down after looking around to offer a hand and help him to get out of that smelly hole. 

"sorry~~~ okay~~ park chanyeol,,just calm down,,he mumbled..he looked up to the man and met his eyes. 

The guy is looking at his eyes too, coldly and expressionless. He took the hand having no choice and he was lift out of that drainage hole. They left no space between their chest and lock eyes for a minute as they straightened up. 

Chanyeol is about to talk when the guy smirked to him and run again. He tried to be calm as much as possible but when he check down himself, smelly and wet, his temper had risen again. 

"sir. You can ride the car now! a car stopped in front of them and the driver gets out to inform.

"huh! Chanyeol face is burning into a huge fire. He will lose his temper in about a minute but he was struggling to control himself, doctor's advice. 

"sir~~~kyungsoo steps near him slowly,,the meeting,,he announced with his very low shaky tone.. 

"meeting,,meeting,,,,chanyeol clench his fist and blew some air to reduce the stress he has right there. 

He went inside the car and kyungsoo followed. He shut his eyes while his secretary keeps calling all their staff, from the guard to general managers to prepare a private entrance for the CEO and also prepare a spare of suit. 

He exited the car. Security guards approach towards them and all gathered on the side. He was led at the private entrance where the general manager of this shopping mall is waiting with a proper suit in front of him. All were trembling, from the scenrio that the secretary had mentioned, the boss might be mad or full of anger today..

They all bowed and waited for some scolding or something that might thrown to them, sighing in relief when the president just passed by without words. First time in the century, he didn't throw his anger to employees.

Kyungsoo took the suit and they proceed to the elevator. He quickly took a shower and changed. It was already 15 minutes late for the meeting. Other board of directors had patiently waiting for him since they moved the time suddenly. 

He started the meeting and end it in an hour. For some reason, his mind has full of the incidents a while ago. He decided to walk outside the office and check the operation inside the shopping center. But still he was bothered by this guy's picture in his mind. Those eyes. 

"kyungsoo. Let's end here. Call kai and sehun, I need to release this stress..chanyeol commanded his secretary.. 

"de? Ye! kyungsoo obeyed and immediately made phone calls to their friends. 

*****

Baekhyun had to run and run and run over and over again just to avoid this annoying gangsters chasing after him, but he came up with an accident, he bump into someone and accidentally pushed the other guy that makes him fall into a hole. He almost laugh when he saw the guy fits into the hole but he controlled it when he notice him pissed already and the face is worth to throw a nag. 

He bent down and said sorry in a cold serious way and offer his hand. Not wanted to show any sign of nervous because of this guy's gaze towards him. The man took so long before accepting it. He stare at him carefully. A pinkish skin, good touch of fabrics, he looks like a rich man, he thought. His hand was pulled all of a sudden, good thing he manage to stiffened himself and pull him up, but they landed in each other's chest and their eyes locked. He looked up to this tall man, he smirked and run when he saw the haunters chasing at him were coming. 

He able to trick the gangsters when he rode a bus and stopped in front of a shopping mall. He saw the guy a while ago. He's definitely a rich man., he mumbled, and let a small sigh. Will he report me to the police? He thought. He had glance to the big clock that was in front of the mall. 

"haissttt I'm going to be late again! he scratch his head and look for a taxi. 

*****

"What's the event this time Mr. CEO? Sehun mocked, they know already, they know their friend, they know there is a possible reasons why they  were called for a meet up. 

"bar hopping? Want to drink? I know one, you must try this one..I went there with Tao!  kai suggested that gained a glare from kyungsoo.. 

"when did you two went there? Chanyeol asked after raising a brow while noticing d.o. 

"he visited last week, he's the one who took me there! we..are with someone else of course, kris? Yeah kris,,his best friend. they stayed here for 3 days,,, kai said and covered d.o's eyes. And kyungsoo shove the hand. 

"let's go..chanyeol said expressionless and all hopped in the same car, chanyeol's car. 

It was just 30 minutes commute and they reach the club. New ambiance, compare to the previous high class bar they were going. A stage with a set of music instruments and two microphone's stand in the middle. After few dance into music that had played and few drinks they had in their hands, the music stopped and each person climbing up to the stage took their instruments and a short guy is testing one of the microphone. Tuning in, chanyeol stared on the stage and waited for someone who will be in charge on taking the other microphone. Suddenly felt curious. He gulped the remaining liquid on his bottle and sited facing the stage, eyes rolling around the people on the stage until everyone chant for a name, calling out for someone but he can't understand what the clubbers is shouting. 

"chanyeol,,, isnt't that guy the one who put you on the drainage hole? D.O tap his friend's arm and say when another guy went up to the stage.

"what? You got into a hole? Eewwww, that's awesome. Chanyeol? The name chanyeol experienced to fit into a smelly drainage? Kai mock the boy again, making high five to sehun..d.o nudged the two. 

"ewwww. I think I know the reason why you called us.. Wow,, it  s really a different issue,,want to talk about it? Do you feel that bad? Sehun shook his head and playfully perm his friend's coat. 

"stop it..!chanyeol shove his friend's hand and gestured to hit d.o.. 

"let's start now~~~ a voice coming from the microphone that echoed the whole place gained attention to chanyeol. 

"who is he? Chanyeol asked...

"who? Sehun questioned,,, 

"him,,idiot! the one on stage! chanyeol hissed.. 

"calling me idiot,, there are lots on the stage..sehun hissed back.. 

"the one who talked, the last person who got up on stage! chanyeol cleared... 

"byun bekhyun? i think.. .kai answered.. 

"how'd you know? Chanyeol asked again but eyes automatically fixed on the boy. 

"it's written on the monitor on the top of the d.j..  kai said pointing above the d.j.. because the other vocalist is chen..tao introduced him to me. So that means his name is baekhyun... 

"tao did it?~~~ d.o heard and commented.. . 

"yep! kai looked at kyungsoo and pinch him on the nose.. 

"byun baekhyun~~ tsshhhh...  he mumbled...

Seeing the bright smile that the boy on stage is forming on his thin lips, chanyeol became more interested and curious at how a cold, sharp eyes turn into a wide curve of lips and sparkly eyes. 

*****

Baekhyun made his big steps up to the stage while munching the food on his mouth. He gulped the water that a waiter gave and cleared his throat, testing the mic. He smiled to everyone and waved his hand around all. More chants started and he laughed like usual. He winked. 

"let's start~~~ he said in the mic, earning a loud applause.. 

The drummer counted with his drum sticks and the guitarist and bassist begun to pull their strings with their fingers, creating a nice tempo of the music, chen started the first verse and followed him on the chorus. As he was delivering the chorus nicely, his eyes stopped when he spotted a familiar tall guy not too far from the stage. 

He saw the guy smirking while drinking, he felt nervous but he continued to sing until  a group of guy entered and he spotted them while walking towards the stage. 

The last note neatly delivered and he smiled once again to the crowd and able to bow to thank them. He immediately drag himself down from the stage and carefully sneaking on the side but the haunters followed behind him. 

He run at the back exit and tried to escape as much as he can. His life being haunt didn't make his life at peace. With the debt that he didn't even touch and saw even a single print of the money, he suffered on being haunt everyday to be forced on paying. But because his income as a singer is not enough, he needs to run and hide. He was betrayed by a friend who was once a collector of this loan sharks, this friend run and took all the collected dues and left a note mentioning byun baekhyun's name in it. Whatever explanation he gave, loan sharks are loan sharks, money is money, business is business, no matter who you are, for those kind of people if your name was given to them, you are responsible for everything. 

However, even though he run and run and run, he always been caught and sometimes been hit. Two of the men strangled the poor boy in both arms and he didn't able to run again. 

Saving by the heaven or whoever interacted and willing to rescue him from another punch. All he had to do is collapsed from the weak knees he have right now after receiving several punches on his face. 

*****

Chanyeol followed the boy through his eyes, and saw the guys following behind. Seems no one cares and the party continued. He gestured his friends to follow him and they all exited the club.

 He  gets in the car after roaming his eyes around and didn't find whatever he was looking for. The other three just followed without any idea on what was going on with their friend. 

The car stopped all of a sudden and the three didn't manage to save their life from kissing the seat infront of them. 

"yahhh park chanyeol!! are you going to kill us?!!! D.O who was sitting at the front seat shouts.. 

"help that guy... he commanded.. 

"what? The three asked in chorused and scratch their heads.. 

Chanyeol gets out of the car and bravely went to the scene where the boy who just sang a song happily is now filled with bruises and cuts on the face. The three remained puzzled while tailing behind him. 

"don't you think that's enough? Chanyeol interrupted calmly.. 

"who are you?  one of the men spoke.. 

"it does't matter who I am..ahm let's say.. I want that guy... so can you let him go before I call the police? Chanyeol tried to threaten..

"look..we are just giving him a lesson for running and hiding from us,, we just want to remind him that he will never run from his debt... one of the men maybe a leader talked. 

"debt? So I think it's a big debt..chanyeol was mumbling while nodding his head many times.. 

"his name was in the note that his friend left after~~~~ the man try to explain when he was cut.. 

"how much? Chanyeol asked and took his wallet and picking his available cash..

"20M won.. the man said with a chuckle. If you can't pay then leave.. he added. 

"kyungsoo,..chanyeol called and look at the short assistant.. 

"yahhh..are you serious? 20,,,20 what? Kai went to the friend that they assume is drunk and gone crazy.. 

"here.. kyungsoo run to him and gave the booklet after getting it into the car.. 

"yahh why did you gave it!! Kai nag at d.o whivh he just pouted...

Chanyeol signed it after stating the amount. He tear and sighed while looking at the cheque he made. Give the boy to me, he said while showing the rectangular paper with a clear stated amount and signature. 

"we're not playing..the gangster laughed.. 

"im not playing either..give that boy to me and you'll get the money...chanyeol confirmed..

"yahh. are you insane,,you are just giving away that amount to a stranger? Yahhh..how can you explain to your company..sehun commented.. 

"it's my own money and besides, I am the own~~tsk, he paused and glance at the men, it's not good if he reveal his identity..  im not giving it away,,I have my plans..he can work for me and pay it..chanyeol smirked and looked back to the boy who was almost died on the cold floor., 

"fine! but remember this,,if that cheque is void, I will haunt you too! the leader warned and snatch the paper on his hand and left..

*****

Baekhyun woke up with his headache the next day, laying on a soft bed and fine touch of the sheets and comforter that warms him up. Luxurious furniture around the room. He widened his eyes.. 

"you don't have to get up, you are not healed yet..a tall guy came in with a cup on his hand with two maids behind him holding trays and a pair of clothes. 

He looked under the sheet and looked around once again. 

"don't worry I brought you here last night, after you passed out.. chanyeol said.. 

"where are the bad guys? He managed to asked after they were left alone.. 

"they were gone.. They won't bother you again... chanyeol told.. 

"I have to go.. baek said and tried to stand up..

"you will stay here from now on, you'll be working for me. chanyeol announced.. 

"I can't, I have work at the club.. baek resist. 

"you're not going back there..and besides you need to pay me back the 20M that I gave to the bad guys.. 

"20~~million? Are you insane? Yahhh that's not my debt, it's my friend's~~~~ baek yell forgetting how painful his body is.. 

"but they said it's yours, I just helped.. chanyeol response while sitting on the chair with crossed legs..

"I'm searching for my friend, and I have no plan on paying that amount..I didn't even saw that money!..baek continued...and it's 15 million for your information, not 20 million..he furrowed and bit his lip. 

"What? They ditch me? Chanyeol  gasped..Whatever~~. from now on you have to follow whatever I say..be my loyal assistant, and I'll deduct your debt to your salary..whether you like it or not. Do you understand? Don't try to run away like you did to those bad guys. I will haunt you... chanyeol warned with a strictness in tone. 

Baekhyun had no choice but to follow that order, somehow, he was saved by him even if he is just a stranger. This place feels like a heaven and a safe place for him. But what comes to his mind is that, why he is doing this to him, to a stranger like him. 

Days had passed, and both worked with each other well. Commands by chanyeol and followed by baekhyun. 

Baekhyun din't had an idea that the one who paid his debt is a rich man, richest of all rich. Being with his side all the time, a whole day is not enough to attend all the businesses, that's when he started to feel nervous as to why he was saved by him. 

Until one day, when chanyeol was crying at the roof top. The first time he saw him crying that much, mumbling the blame to his father for leaving all the responsibilities to his brother and to his mom who is now sick. He has a little brother but he hadn't seen him yet since their schedule didn't match to the schedule of the brother. 

Hearing the sobs and sniffs, he felt the pain, somehow, he felt what chanyeol is feeling right that time. Having no parents to rely on is the worst thing he ever had in his entire life, maybe it is just the same to him though he lives in money while him is living in crisis, unlike chanyeol who kept his brother with his care, baekhyun is guilty because he needed to abandoned his own blood. 

Baek turned around and left to not able to interrupt the emotional feelings of his boss. He waited outside the building and it took few hours before the tall guy appeared from inside. 

"let's go..chanyeol said, expressionless. 

Bekhhyun didn't say anything, he opened the door of the car and closed it when the tall guy gets in. He run to the other side and hopped in the driver's seat. And went home. 

"want to join me? Chanyeol invites while pouring the whisky on the glass as soon as they reach the office at home.. 

"de?..baek replied.. 

They drink with silence. Though baek really wanted to ask the real purpose of this man for taking him at home and gave him the position of being beside him, he didn't able to ask. Chanyeol was spacing out while drinking continuously while baek is staring at him. 

It was already pass 12 in the midnight when chanyeol drunk the last drop in his glass. 

"that's enough. Let's go to your room..baek said while taking away the other bottle of whisky. 

"byun baekhyun..chanyeol said in his drunk tone and cup the boy's face.. 

"you need to rest, you still have early meeting for tomorrow..baek told and lift him up.. 

"I like you..from that day, I don't know but I wanted to have you..chanyeol muttered, but I'm afraid..he added and collapsed on the other's shoulder. 

Baekhyun froze for a while, his heart pounded. He snap out and helped him up and held him upstairs on his room. He lay him slowly at the bed but the drunk bachelor grab baek's collar and flatted his lips to him. 

"chanyeol,,,baek called and pushed him. Yes he calls him informally whenever they are at home, it's chanyeol's first instruction to him, to call him by name at home. 

"kiss me..chanyeol said while looking at him with half open eyes.. 

Baekhyun sighed shakily. Chanyeol didn't wait and he pull him down and top on him. Baek didn't move, he can't reject any command. His chest thump, the sounds of beating is drumming. Their breaths brushing their faces. He hold his breath when chanyeol lean closer and kissed him. Lust caused by alcohol or something that chanyeol always wanted to do. 

*****

 The next morning, baekhyun is already waiting for the tall guy to come at the dining for the breakfast, somehow, he feels like uncomfortable and what happen last night can't be erase in his thought. 

Chanyeol came, like nothing happened last night while baek look at him uncomfortably. He sited and both started to eat. 

"last night~~~ chanyeol broke the silence.. 

"I know~~ you are drunk, nothing to worry~~ baek cut his boss.. 

"I wasn't. I know what I did. And I wanted it too, and I mean it.. Chanyeol confessed.. 

"de? But~~ baek can't understand what does that mean but he didn't dare to question more. 

Few days had passed and he thought everything that happened that night is already vanished in chanyeol's mind and he need to forget that puzzle he has but second time happen. 

Baekhyun was in his room that night, after taking a shower a message from chanyeol came. He wore his white shirt and white pajama and went to the tall guy's room. 

Chanyeol is waiting with his glass of whisky on his hand. Come in,,he said after a knock came. baek came with his still wet hair, chanyeol drop the glass on the table slowly and walked towards the boy with his hands on his pocket. He held up his hands and caressed the boy's face as the distance between them is just half step away. 

Baekhyun felt startled as soon as he smelled the tall one's breath. You're drinking again, I know I have no right to tell you, but you should stop from drinking, it is one of your doctor's advice.. He manage to utter while blinking several times. 

"are you afraid of me? Chanyeol asked as he nuzzled the boy's scent. 

"yes....a lot..because I don't really know you..baek bravely answered.. 

"tskkk..is that why you always follow what I tell you? Chanyeol chuckled.. 

"yes...baek answered again.. 

"then from now on, you are my lover,,,chanyeol said..

"I..i understand, if that's what you want me to do..baek response.. 

"then we can do anything now.. Chanyeol whispered and squeezed the boy's waist.. 

Baekhyun shut his eyes, in spite of the fear, his body automatically responded with the touch that chanyeol is making to him. Chanyeol pressed his lips to the short boy while lifting his shirt. Baek wrapped his arms around the guy's neck as soon as they both landed on the king sized bed and responded to the heat that he receive from him. 

Their relationship started, sometimes it's mutual but sometimes it looks like a command, but whatever it is, one thing that is sure, they both enjoyed being on the same bed and making out of their own lust. 

Baekhyun slowly knows what kind of person chanyeol is, his boss and a lover. He met the brother too after a month and he knew why his lover is always worried, it's because of his brother. 

Almost end of the year when chanyeol decided to send him overseas to study and being trained, for whatever reason, he doesn' t know but he must accept it because it is a command. He was parted from him and live alone overseas and needed to leave his life with his boss. And he is allowed to go back only once a year. 

********************************************

need more subbies please,,,,thankyu how was it?